Conversion, the result of regeneration.

We are all sinners, until God regenerates those who believe.
Perfect upright Job, just Lot, just and perfect Noah, faithful Abraham, just and devout Simeon, the publican, oh yeah, can't forget integrity of Abimelech, Lydia who worshiped God, devout Cornelius who feared God; and more listed in Heb 11.
Just a thought here; I'm confusing reprobate with unregenerated.
One is unregenerate until God regenerates those who believe.
One is not reprobate before the foundation of the world before one is born.
It was too late to edit; did not catch it in time.

One is unregenerate until God regenerates those who believe.
God regenerates those dead in trespasses and sins, Ephesians 2:5, not those "who believe."

"One is unregenerate until God regenerates those who believe."

Lol!

Unregenerate people cannot believe. You have God waiting upon the unregenerate person, who can't believe, in order to regenerate them when they can.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Your point? No one that I know of has claimed that they deserve salvation. Read on a little farther.
Rom 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 10:14 - How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
This is not about deserves, but Grace & Mercy to those who do not deserve it! Nor they want it.

This is not about deserves, but Grace & Mercy to those who do not deserve it! Nor they want it.
Guess what if they don’t want grace nor believe Jesus they will get neither grace nor salvation. God does not believe and or repent for us. He did provide the grace and the drawing to His Son which is either believed and accepted or disbelieved and rejected as per John 3 and Romans 1.

to them that ask Him has nothing to do with the “ his children” in the verse. That is YOU following confusion( Calvinism) , adding to scripture ,and not understanding what you’re reading.
No, the verse says He is their Heavenly Father. So it's obvious they were born of God. Read it slower maybe.

God regenerates those dead in trespasses and sins, Ephesians 2:5, not those "who believe." ...
God saves those who believe:
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

God saves those who believe by the washing of regeneration:
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

We are all sinners, until God regenerates those who believe.
Perfect upright Job, just Lot, just and perfect Noah, faithful Abraham, just and devout Simeon, the publican, oh yeah, can't forget integrity of Abimelech, Lydia who worshiped God, devout Cornelius who feared God; and more listed in Heb 11.
Exactly

God saves those who believe:
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

God saves those who believe by the washing of regeneration:
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Yes exactly

FTR I will continue to speak indirectly to anti-Calvinists. I'll also limit my amount of time responding indirectly, as my thread stated, and spend more time on important things. Obedience to the LORD here is of utmost importance. Perhaps you could go glean some good from my thread, and the article. Surely you are in need of that, like the rest of us.

So, how about you do you, and I'll love you as a believer while you do that, and as you keep me and my person out of it? There is no need for the trolling. Contribute something Christ-like minus the ad hominem. OK?

And all the while, I'll do my thing. Fair enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess what if they don’t want grace nor believe Jesus they will get neither grace nor salvation. God does not believe and or repent for us. He did provide the grace and the drawing to His Son which is either believed and accepted or disbelieved and rejected as per John 3 and Romans 1.
We do not deny this, we are pointing out the fallen condition of man, and their enslaved disposition. So if sinners are SON/DAUGHTERS of disobedience, follow the prince of the power of the air, carry out their DESIRES & PASSIONS of the flesh and mind. And they are God haters, and are by "NATURE" children of wrath. The world hates Jesus and us too, because of him.
The Hatred of the World

18“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin,b but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23Whoever hates me hates my Father also. 24If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. 25But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause.’

26“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. 27And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.

1 Thess. 1:4 For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you,5 because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction.

1 Cor. 12:3 Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.

Romans 5:5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

So leatherneck, when the Pure Gospel that Paul preached is heard it is the power unto Salvation, and it goes out not only in Word but in Power and with Full Conviction in the Holy Spirit. And this is the Regenerating power of the Holy Spirit that renovates the sinner's faculties to understand and believe.

FTR I will continue to speak indirectly to anti-Calvinists. I'll also limit my amount of time responding indirectly, as my thread stated, and spend more time on important things. Obedience to the LORD here is of utmost importance. Perhaps you could go glean some good from my thread, and the article. Surely you are in need of that, like the rest of us.

So, how about you do you, and I'll love you as a believer while you do that, and as you keep me and my person out of it? There is no need for the trolling. Contribute something Christ-like minus the ad hominem. OK?

And all the while, I'll do my thing. Fair enough?
how about you beginning by rejecting the ad hominem you have been posting

We do not deny this, we are pointing out the fallen condition of man, and their enslaved disposition. So if sinners are SON/DAUGHTERS of disobedience, follow the prince of the power of the air, carry out their DESIRES & PASSIONS of the flesh and mind. And they are God haters, and are by "NATURE" children of wrath. The world hates Jesus and us too, because of him.
The Hatred of the World

18“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin,b but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23Whoever hates me hates my Father also. 24If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. 25But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause.’

26“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. 27And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.

1 Thess. 1:4 For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you,5 because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction.

1 Cor. 12:3 Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.

Romans 5:5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

So leatherneck, when the Pure Gospel that Paul preached is heard it is the power unto Salvation, and it goes out not only in Word but in Power and with Full Conviction in the Holy Spirit. And this is the Regenerating power of the Holy Spirit that renovates the sinner's faculties to understand and believe.
The pure gospel that Paul preached ? Do you believe Paul preached a different gospel than Jesus or the other apostles preached ? By Paul’s own explanation if he preached a different gospel than was paid for by Jesus and taught by Jesus he(Paul) himself would be accursed.

Back