What its like being LDS, inside.

That's your claim but it's supported only by your opinion which carries no weight.

Let's be clear about one thing. That is a verse you are referring to. My point is drawing from Matt 19, specifically surrounding how the young ruler could possibly have known Jesus was referring to himself. Your distraction has nothing to do with my point.

Now, to your bloviation and irrelevant response, where, in any of that, did Jesus declare himself master? He was a teacher. Who sent him?

So much for reading it in context. Now read verse 20, "Very truly I tell you, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.”

Again, who sent Jesus? Who made Him their teacher?

The context is that if he, being their teacher, washed their feet then they would to wash one another's feet. That is not the action a master would take. Jesus, obviously, made himself one of them. He is, in fact, one of us. The spiritual head/leader who wants us to see him as being equal with us. His job, as he defined in here is to bring us to the one who sent him. The message is, Look, I have found the way. Come, follow me. If you will follow me, I will bring you to the one who sent me.

I'll ask again, who sent Jesus? Did he send himself? Is he his own Father?
He will answer with a big I dunno.... chuckle.

LOL how about you just defend your position and stop bloviating? It looks to me like you've just retracted everything you said and are about to take you toys and go home. You don't want to play with us anymore.

Here's the simple facts. Jesus was referring to some one other than himself as being good and that only that person is good, not himself. That much is clear. It would be more beneficial to try to understand why he did that rather than bent the scriptures into making him say something he didn't.

And another fact is that none of that changes the meaning of Jesus' answer to the young ruler. "If you would have life, keep the commandments". Was Jesus lying? Is that not true?
You are making claims about what I wrote that are not true. You need to go back and look at what I wrote, quote where I stated "Jesus was referring to himself as the only one who is good" and "how the young ruler supposedly knew that's what Jesus meant". Then, quote where I stated Jesus was teaching them to pray to himself. Quote me. I want to read it. And your poison the well comments add nothing to your argument. It is more of the same old same old from you Mormons.

That's your claim but it's supported only by your opinion which carries no weight.

Let's be clear about one thing. That is a verse you are referring to. My point is drawing from Matt 19, specifically surrounding how the young ruler could possibly have known Jesus was referring to himself. Your distraction has nothing to do with my point.
Again, quote the post where I stated the young ruler would have known jesus was referring to Himself. And you claimed Jesus is the messengers, ergo John 13.

boJ wrote: Here is another verse for you to munch on, "Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him". John 13:16. So, was Jesus sent? Is the son greater than His father? Jesus, throughout His life deferred to His Father. That, in no way detracts from His deity. Your claim has run aground.
Now, to your bloviation and irrelevant response, where, in any of that, did Jesus declare himself master? He was a teacher. Who sent him?

So much for reading it in context. Now read verse 20, "Very truly I tell you, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.”

Again, who sent Jesus? Who made Him their teacher?

The context is that if he, being their teacher, washed their feet then they would to wash one another's feet. That is not the action a master would take. Jesus, obviously, made himself one of them. He is, in fact, one of us. The spiritual head/leader who wants us to see him as being equal with us. His job, as he defined in here is to bring us to the one who sent him. The message is, Look, I have found the way. Come, follow me. If you will follow me, I will bring you to the one who sent me.

I'll ask again, who sent Jesus? Did he send himself? Is he his own Father?
Your position as a cultist is irredeemable. You are incapable of understanding Scripture and are only capable of attacking my character.

Yet, you still haven't said squat, except for preaching to us...
That is your mantra isn't it. You certainly spend alot of time chasing me, telling me I should leave, this forum isn't for me, I'm preaching (which is a bad thing according to you, that I care about your eternal soul), and other tropes. Perhaps you are threatened by me. Is that it? I don't know Richard, and perhaps you have forgotten but you aren't a moderator, you can't tell me what to post, how to post, where to post or why to post. So, all that said I'm here to tell you the Jesus of the Bible loves you. He wants nothing more than for you to come to Him, leave the hellish cult that is Mormonism, and finally find the peace you seek but are unable to find.

Bless you,

Ldb

That is your mantra isn't it. You certainly spend alot of time chasing me, telling me I should leave, this forum isn't for me, I'm preaching (which is a bad thing according to you, that I care about your eternal soul), and other tropes. Perhaps you are threatened by me. Is that it? I don't know Richard, and perhaps you have forgotten but you aren't a moderator, you can't tell me what to post, how to post, where to post or why to post. So, all that said I'm here to tell you the Jesus of the Bible loves you. He wants nothing more than for you to come to Him, leave the hellish cult that is Mormonism, and finally find the peace you seek but are unable to find.

Bless you,

Ldb
I go to church to be taught to, preached to or my own home to study the Bible and our other scriptures.... Mormons come here to show how wrong your criticisms are, your babbling is, your false accusation are and your bloviation are... and since your preaching is without any authority I have decided you really are just plain empty spiritually speaking... I'm sure you love God and his beloved and only begotten Son, but your prattle is not changing anyone...

I go to church to be taught to, preached to or my own home to study the Bible and our other scriptures.... Mormons come here to show how wrong your criticisms are, your babbling is, your false accusation are and your bloviation are... and since your preaching is without any authority I have decided you really are just plain empty spiritually speaking... I'm sure you love God and his beloved and only begotten Son, but your prattle is not changing anyone...
In your mind, I can see that. But you don't speak for, nor represent, anyone but yourself. I really don't mind that you spend so much time trying to get me to leave this forum. It only convinces me I am where God wants me.

Bless you,

Ldb

Last edited:
In your mind, I can see that. But you don't speak for, nor represent, anyone but yourself. I really don't mind that you spend so much time trying to get me to leave this forum. It only convinces me I am where God wants me.

Bless you,

Ldb
Well if you keep preaching I guarantee you will lose responders... just saying dude...

You keep beating the same old horse. Which commandments?

The very ones listed:

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The 10 Moses gave?

The commandments Abraham had--centuries before the Mosaic Law:

Genesis 26:4-5---King James Version
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes,

Organ--that's the reason God could connect keeping the commandments with eternal life--because they were part of the gospel of Jesus Christ which Abraham had--centuries before the Mosaic Law was added to the gospel.

IOW--when the Mosaic Law was fulfilled--the commandments remained in the gospel, because they were part of the gospel before the Mosaic Law was given.

The 613 total the Jews were told to keep?

That was added to the gospel because of transgressions--and fulfilled through Christ. The commandments were part of the gospel before the Mosaic Law was added--and was not fulfilled--but remained, because they were part of the gospel before the Mosaic Law was added.

And you are incorrect in saying critics of your theology would consider what you quoted in Matthew 19 as "earning" eternal life. You made an erroneous assumption. await ing your answer regarding the first paragraph of my response.

Then you agree with the Savior--keeping the commandments is connected to inheriting eternal life?

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Organ--how do you collate your claim there isn't the first work which is necessary to inherit eternal life--with your above claim? You believe all works are excluded in inheriting eternal life--if your testimony can be trusted. Anyone who adds works is labeled "works salvation" by you and the critics here.

Matthew19 is no exception.

In your mind, certainly.
I'm still waiting for you to produce any evidence of your assertions. None so far and that's a fact, in black and white.
But you only speak for yourself and no others.
Oh. I admit. There are lots of people who agree with you, but then that doesn't make it right. I've asked you several point-blank questions. You haven't addressed any of them. So, let's try again. Is Jesus his own father? Did he tell the young ruler that he really was a good teacher? and Did he lie to the young ruler when he told him what he needed to do to obtain eternal life?

I'm not here for traction. I'm here to bring the true Gospel of Christ and combat the hellish cult of Mormonism. So far, so good.

How does your straw man constructions and condemning those you disagree with --somehow prove to you ---to be good combat?

You engage very little scripture, and use very little. How is that good?

Revelation 22:14---King James Version
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
If those scriptures were "breathed by the Holy Spirit."--then that leaves the critics here gasping for breath."

Perhaps you could engage that--and explain to us why the critics here reject that testimony?

Back