Is the Spirit owned by all three members of the Trinity?

According to the original Greek, the soul and the spirit are not the same thing. When you say Jesus' human spirit is fused with His divine spirit, it is more correct to say that His Spirit is fused with His soul. We do not have two spirits, just one spirit and one soul. Both words are associated with Jesus' construction so to speak. I keep my definition confined to the usage of the words in the scripture that describe Jesus' construction as a human. He had a body, soul and spirit. His Spirit is the Holy Spirit and His soul was begotten to take our sins. There are no other words in scripture associated with Jesus physiology.

I agree that the soul and spirit are not the same thing. This is a reason why I say that Jesus has a human body, soul and spirit. If you REPLACE the human spirit with the Holy Spirit, then how do you say that he is fully human? I'm not comfortable with a component of his humanity being REPLACED and still saying He is fully human. How do you get away with that in all honesty?

Do you chuck Luke 23:46 out? "Father into thy hands I commend by pneuma (spirit)". He didn't say "soul".

To all Trinitarians that have read this thread but are not replying. Thank you for providing evidence by your silence that you do not have a coherent theology of the Spirit of God. This area is the Achilles heel of trinitarian theory.

To all Trinitarians that have read this thread but are not replying. Thank you for providing evidence by your silence that you do not have a coherent theology of the Spirit of God. This area is the Achilles heel of trinitarian theory.

It's bizarre how none of them are willing to post. I even mentioned @Towerwatchman. They are afraid to expose their weak point.

I agree that the soul and spirit are not the same thing. This is a reason why I say that Jesus has a human body, soul and spirit. If you REPLACE the human spirit with the Holy Spirit, then how do you say that he is fully human? I'm not comfortable with a component of his humanity being REPLACED and still saying He is fully human. How do you get away with that in all honesty?

Do you chuck Luke 23:46 out? "Father into thy hands I commend by pneuma (spirit)". He didn't say "soul".
Jesus' Spirit was not replaced. He was given life by the Holy Spirit so His life force is God's Spirit. The soul and the Spirit are unified. No one can die without the spirit and the soul leaving the body at the same time.
As you recognized, Jesus had a body soul and spirit. His Spirit is "the life in Himself" John 5:26. His soul is His person and His body came by Mary. Jesus can only be those three things. His Spirit unified with His soul makes Him fully God, His soul unified with His body makes Him fully human. Jesus' divinity is His Spirit which is the Holy Spirit which is also God's Spirit Matthew 10:20. Jesus and the Father are one because they are the same Spirit.
Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit He was born with. But He is identifying with man, so He received the Holy Spirit as a man would at His baptism. Remember God's Spirit is omnipresent and can be in more than one place at a time. So while Jesus' Spirit is God's Spirit, He operated as a Spirit-filled man would being led by the Spirit and resisting temptation like any man fully submitted to God.

I don't think they do because most of them just parrot what they have been taught and haven't done their own research. The wording of the definitions can be quite different than what the scriptures actually reveal.

Jesus' Spirit was not replaced. He was given life by the Holy Spirit so His life force is God's Spirit. The soul and the Spirit are unified. No one can die without the spirit and the soul leaving the body at the same time.
As you recognized, Jesus had a body soul and spirit. His Spirit is "the life in Himself" John 5:26. His soul is His person and His body came by Mary. Jesus can only be those three things. His Spirit unified with His soul makes Him fully God, His soul unified with His body makes Him fully human. Jesus' divinity is His Spirit which is the Holy Spirit which is also God's Spirit Matthew 10:20. Jesus and the Father are one because they are the same Spirit.
Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit He was born with. But He is identifying with man, so He received the Holy Spirit as a man would at His baptism. Remember God's Spirit is omnipresent and can be in more than one place at a time. So while Jesus' Spirit is God's Spirit, He operated as a Spirit-filled man would being led by the Spirit and resisting temptation like any man fully submitted to God.

You were proven false the other day..

Why persist..

Lam 4:20
The Messiah, The Spirit

One of my favorite verses, straight to the point. Messiah is the Holy Spirit.

Ps 33:6 The Word, the Spirit

Again

Lam 4:20
The Messiah, The Spirit

One of my favorite verses, straight to the point. Messiah is the Holy Spirit.

Ps 33:6 The Word, the Spirit

Again
Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit. As a man Jesus was born like any man with a body, soul and spirit, three distinct elements. He cannot be all spirit because His soul is the offering for our sins, not His Spirit. His Spirit, the life in Himself from the Father enabled Him to rise from the dead. If you say that Jesus is all spirit with no soul, then you are saying He wasn't a person because according to the scriptures, the soul is the person of anyone. The scriptures say He has a soul and a spirit. Both words in the Greek, for soul and spirit are attributed to Jesus.
If you don't agree then please give me the scriptures that refute it.

Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

See I gave a scripture that literally says Messiah is the Spirit.

You just ignore it entirely and start ranting your beliefs.

DEAL with the Scripture!

What's your solution? Lam 4:20 identifies Messiah as the Holy Spirit. Go.

Ps 33:6 identifies the Word as the Spirit.

What's your solution? You just ignore it..

See I gave a scripture that literally says Messiah is the Spirit.

You just ignore it entirely and start ranting your beliefs.

DEAL with the Scripture!

What's your solution? Lam 4:20 identifies Messiah as the Holy Spirit. Go.
Yes, He is the Holy Spirit with skin on He still has a soul and an image. You are ignoring the scriptures that say Jesus also has a soul. His soul is wounded for our transgressions, not His Spirit. You have to look at everything and co ordinate all the scriptures together.

Wow! No trinity!

....... oooooooooooooo
The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit in Jesus. There are still Three of them last time I checked, God, the Holy Spirit and Jesus. The Holy Spirit is Jesus' Spirit, not His person. Do some research into how the words soul and spirit are used in the original languages. It's pretty consistent in both Testaments. Take your time.

The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit in Jesus. There are still Three of them last time I checked, God, the Holy Spirit and Jesus. The Holy Spirit is Jesus' Spirit, not His person. Do some research into how the words soul and spirit are used in the original languages. It's pretty consistent in both Testaments. Take your time.

Yeee I know what you believe. It's wrong.

I got it from studying scripture. You can't say it's wrong if you haven't studied the word usages.

Everyone studies. Big whoop.

John 5:39
You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,

The Scriptures testify of the Spirit. The Eternal Life that was with the Father (1 Jn 1:2).

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,

The Scriptures testify of the Spirit. The Eternal Life that was with the Father (1 Jn 1:2).

I'm not sure where you are coming from. Are you saying that you don't believe that Jesus had a soul?

Back