wof and faith

Tallen

"My message tonight is Have Faith in God from Mark 11 the disciples were amazed that the tree Jesus cursed withered and died. Jesus answered them Have Faith in God. The object of Faith is God . Faith is only as good as it’s object. When you focus your Faith on anything other than God you will exercise Faith for instead of Faith in. Faith for makes you things oriented material possessions become the object and Faith is seen as the force or power to bring about the desired results. Faith cannot depend on reasoning or feelings. Confidence and assurance are the result of biblical Faith but they are not Faith itself." Mark Freer

This is why wof fails. wof is faith "for"... for money, for a new car, for healing, for a new jet.

He doesn't know Greek whoever this guy is. "Faith in God" is what the devil has and trembles. Faith in His Word is what faith is, as Abraham expressed it and became the father of our faith...you take God at His word.

But here...it's God's faith, a quality of faith, divine faith, that is as unwavering as God's when He speaks and in the Very Word God has Spoken. He speaks that which is not as though it were until it is.

We've discussed this. I'll be glad to go over how the genitive works in this case if you need a review.

I'll be glad to go over how the genitive works in this case if you need a review.
That's funny, because it is the accusitive used in this case, perhaps you should review. ?

“και G2532 CONJ  αποκριθεις G611 V-AOP-NSM  ιησους G2424 N-NSM  λεγει G3004 V-PAI-3S  αυτοις G846 P-DPM  εχετε G2192 V-PAM-2P  πιστιν G4102 N-ASF  θεου G2316 N-GSM ” (Mark 11:22, Greek NT TR+)

That's funny, because it is the accusitive used in this case, perhaps you should review. ?
Wrong again, Ted...You didn't even make that claim when you were arguing with Marios that you knew Greek better than a native speaker: θεοῦ is genitive. Simple. Interpretation begins with the fact.

Wrong again, Ted...You didn't even make that claim when you were arguing with Marios that you knew Greek better than a native speaker: θεοῦ is genitive. Simple. Interpretation begins with the fact.
Pistin is in the accusitive.

BTW, I see you have immediately resorted to lying about what I said. Good bye.

Pistin is in the accusitive.

BTW, I see you have immediately resorted to lying about what I said. Good bye.
Why would you duck out now, Ted when you're the one "lying" about what we're discussing? Why bother claiming anybody is "lying" when we've been discussing this for twenty years? I have never misrepresented your claims on this, or that you took Marios on. Do you deny it? And why do you go off the deep end without your waterwings? We're not talking about pistin.

Pistin (πίστιν) is the object of the present active imperative Ἔχετε. What's your point? We're not disagreeing on the word "faith." Never were. We're arguing on whose faith (of God) and what the genitive of quality does to the word faith: Have godlike faith. Have divine faith. Have faith like God's faith.

All good translations of Exete pistin theou. Ἔχετε πίστιν θεοῦ Here's a terrible translation: "Have faith in God." Not what Jesus said, and clearly in the context, not at all what He meant.

Back