If you could rewrite the Constitution, what would you change?

vibise

I certainly think the 2nd amendment is due for an overhaul, and that the 1st amendment could be more explicit.

The duties of SCOTUS could be clearer and should be time limited.

Comments?

I certainly think the 2nd amendment is due for an overhaul, and that the 1st amendment could be more explicit.
Why not leave them alone? Someday you'll need them more than ever. I find it strange that you would want them removed.

Comments?

I certainly believe you love darkness rather than light.....

You only believe Scotus terms should be limited because of who is currently on the court.

It doesn't matter how specific you make any declaration/constitution, any dolt will deny what it clearly states.

Comments?
The process for changing the Constitution is clear . Ammendments must be approved by the required numbers of states. I know you Liberals hate that part of the Constitution. But such difficulty is a safeguard.

Comments?
While your proposed rewrites are vague, I agree with most of them.

I would add that presidential powers need to be enumerated better, and there needs to be a "check" on that office's ability to use the justice system to shield itself from discovery/prosecution of crimes it commits.

For specific changes, I'd say that "well-regulated militia" needs to be defined; a bunch of high-school drop-outs dressing up in camo for the weekend isn't "well-regulated" by any stretch. Also, there should be a differentiation about the kinds of arms people are allowed to own; there's a significant (and troublesome) gap between personal protection and assault.

While your proposed rewrites are vague, I agree with most of them.

I would add that presidential powers need to be enumerated better, and there needs to be a "check" on that office's ability to use the justice system to shield itself from discovery/prosecution of crimes it commits.

For specific changes, I'd say that "well-regulated militia" needs to be defined; a bunch of high-school drop-outs dressing up in camo for the weekend isn't "well-regulated" by any stretch. Also, there should be a differentiation about the kinds of arms people are allowed to own; there's a significant (and troublesome) gap between personal protection and assault.

Utterly preposterous.....

Protection without the possibility of assault is IMPOSSIBLE.....

What is wrong with a "high school" drop-out? Einstein was a "drop-out".....

I suppose you "feel" superior....... Not that you really are. I mean seriously.... how disconnected do you have to be from reality to believe personal protection wouldn't involve assault.

Utterly preposterous.....

Protection without the possibility of assault is IMPOSSIBLE.....

What is wrong with a "high school" drop-out? Einstein was a "drop-out".....

I suppose you "feel" superior....... Not that you really are. I mean seriously.... how disconnected do you have to be from reality to believe personal protection wouldn't involve assault.
That's twice in the space of 6 posts you used a polite discussion to vent hateful personal attacks.

Praise Jesus.

That's twice in the space of 6 posts you used a polite discussion to vent hateful personal attacks.

Praise Jesus.

How was it hateful?

As far is personal, it was not personal. I just witnessed the obvious. The fact you're oblivious to the obvious is a problem common with those who hate the 2nd amendment.

What is it with the hateful attack on the 2nd amendment?

I did not mean this to be a discussion of the 2nd amendment to the exclusion of the rest of the Constitution.

There are other issues that periodically come up:
--Like whether Senators should be elected by popular vote or appointed by state legislatures. Or whether it is fair or representative that WY has the same number as CA.
--Should gerrymandering be addressed in the Constitution?
--Should the Electoral College be eliminated or reconfigured?
--Is there a right to privacy in the Constitution?
--What is covered as "general welfare"
--Is the debt ceiling in conflict with the 14th amendment and if so, should it be eliminated?
--Should states be able to secede?
--Are the qualifications for POTUS or Congress rigorous enough?

Why not leave them alone? Someday you'll need them more than ever. I find it strange that you would want them removed.
Where did I say I want those amendments to be removed?

I just think they could be phrased more clearly to explain what is allowed and what is not.

I did not mean this to be a discussion of the 2nd amendment to the exclusion of the rest of the Constitution.

There are other issues that periodically come up:
--Like whether Senators should be elected by popular vote or appointed by state legislatures. Or whether it is fair or representative that WY has the same number as CA.
--Should gerrymandering be addressed in the Constitution?
--Should the Electoral College be eliminated or reconfigured?
--Is there a right to privacy in the Constitution?
--What is covered as "general welfare"
--Is the debt ceiling in conflict with the 14th amendment and if so, should it be eliminated?
--Should states be able to secede?
--Are the qualifications for POTUS or Congress rigorous enough?
It is best to deal with one issue at a time through the amendment process

Where did I say I want those amendments to be removed?

I just think they could be phrased more clearly to explain what is allowed and what is not.
Ahhhh, "I certainly think the 2nd amendment is due for an overhaul".

When you overhaul something you remove it and change it.

Overhaul is change to the point of nonrecognition.
What dictionary says that?

1. take apart (a piece of machinery or equipment) in order to examine it and repair it if necessary.
    "a company that overhauls and repairs aircraft engines"

a thorough examination of machinery or a system, with repairs or changes made if necessary.

Some synonyms for overhaul:
service,
repair
mend
fix up
patch up
rebuild
renovate
revamp
recondition
remodel
refit