wof and Revelation 13:18

Tallen

“Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.” (Revelation 13:18, KJV)

This is where the WoFer turns to the Word of God to answer in faith: "2Surely I am the most ignorant of men,
and I lack the understanding of a man.
3I have not learned wisdom,
and I have no knowledge of the Holy One."

I've never understood, but, I've obeyed James' exhortation and begged for wisdom. What do you think?

“Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.” (Revelation 13:18, KJV)

I used to think 666 was representative of Nero. I made an assumption that the Beast is an individual man. If that assumption is incorrect, then the Beast very well could be a number of men (and women).

I used to think 666 was representative of Nero. I made an assumption that the Beast is an individual man. If that assumption is incorrect, then the Beast very well could be a number of men (and women).
I believe it is the number of a political, economic and religious system of mankind that is opposed and at war with the kingdom of Christ. We are seeing it coming into a fuller and more complete order as we approach the coming of the Lord.

I believe it is the number of a political, economic and religious system of mankind that is opposed and at war with the kingdom of Christ. We are seeing it coming into a fuller and more complete order as we approach the coming of the Lord.
It's really strange in some respects. The Dispensationalist will say the same thing. I suppose most of the eschatologies can agree on this...

It's really strange in some respects. The Dispensationalist will say the same thing. I suppose most of the eschatologies can agree on this...
Well..., at least that helps us to quit guessing what particular man is the beast/Antichrist and realize it is a system of fallen humanity, with particular traits, that is opposed to Christian faith and Christ Himself. There is a clash between glorifying fallen man and his love of self and ways, as opposed to the Christian and his love of Christ and being obedient to His law.

Last edited:
Back