What its like being LDS, inside.

I'm not sure why you think he's attacking your character. All you have to do is address the issues and stop beating around the bush and he won't have a leg to stand on.
When someone attacks my character, "preacher", "bloviating", etc., I am less than motivated to reply and become resistant to addressing their comments and questions. Those who do that reap what they sow.

Do you mean like that one? Did I misquote you just now? I'm curious, will you continue the bloviation or will you substantiate even this one claim or am I just supposed to accept it because you say so?

did I say you made the statements? Are you complaining that I return to you what I think you're saying in an effort to get clarification, which I rarely, if ever, receive? Sorry, but you're still bloviating and offering your unsubstantiated opinion, as far as I can tell.

I know what my words are. Are you ever going to answer my question? Is that what Jesus was saying? Please explain, but you won't cause you've got nothing.

yea. Another question that you won't answer. You've basically canceled out everything you've said and now are relying totally on your opinion which you won't even offer now. The only opinion you have left is, You're wrong cause your a Mormon. That's all you have isn't it?

Why don't you just address each one? There are only, what, 3? maybe 4? How hard can it be. If that's not what you said, then please, tell me what you meant to say.

If you did that, you'd be offering your opinion which is equally weightless. I'm not trying to impeach your beliefs, I don't even know what they are. LOL

BTW, I noticed to you don't bless me at the end of your posts like you do @Richard7

Did you just forget or am I not worthy of your blessings?
I'm pretty sure I've given you a bless you or two in our past interactions.

I'm not sure why you think he's attacking your character. All you have to do is address the issues and stop beating around the bush and he won't have a leg to stand on.
Perhaps you missed Richard's reply...

Richard stated concerning his attacking my character: "You make it so easy... chuckle"

You obviously didn't read Revelation 20. Does your church teach you will be judged at the Great White Throne?
“Every one of you … must stand before ‘the judgment-seat of the Holy One of Israel … and then must … be judged according to the holy judgment of God.’ (II Nephi 9:15.) And according to the vision of John, ‘The books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.’ (Rev. 20:12.) The ‘books’ spoken of refer to the ‘records [of your works] which are kept on the earth. … The book of life is the record which is kept in heaven.’ (Doc. and Cov. 128:7.)” (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Harold B. Lee [2000], 226–27).

Books plural good buddy, plural.. notice that which you obviously ignore:
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

But we can do three things to help make sure God writes ours names in the book of life. First, we can repent of the evil deeds we have done in the past. Second, we can engage in meaningful prayer. Third, charitable giving.
LDS.org

Last edited:
Your bottom line is we must keep the commandments.

How is that any different than the testimony of the scriptures?

1 John 2:3-4---King James Version
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Jesus told us how and that the commandments were summed up in loving God ...

That won't circumvent keeping the commandments either:

John 14:15---King James Version
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

and loving others.

So--is this the love of others?

Matthew 25:31-46---King James Version
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

That surely sounds like something people do--and God adds His grace to. "works salvation"--anyone?

and once again, you don't understand the relationship between faith and works. works do not precede salvation (Eph. 2:8-10) but FOLLOW as a result of salvation.

Could you explain for us why the Blood of Christ isn't needed for salvation to occur?

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Your works as a believer will determine your reward, not your salvation (as a Christian understands it).

There is quite the difference between your claim--and the testimony of Jesus Christ:

John 5:28-29--King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

The gospel is for all, period, not some person who reads into the Scriptures one has to be Chosen or be of the Elect. Does that sound like a more loving God, who consigns many to hell, after all organgrinder you only believe in a Heaven or Hell, your phony teachings do not agree with the Scriptures... so again, heaven and hell, one or the other and you're hoping your one of the Elect... good luck.
The Mormon god only allows those who earn eternal life to be with him. They are the elect because they EARNED their election! Your phony religion is filled with lies!

The elect are those who love God with all their hearts and live lives that are pleasing to Him. Those who live such lives of discipleship will one day be selected by the Lord to be among His chosen children.

• Those who magnify priesthood callings become the elect of God, D&C 84:33–34.

“The ordinances of the temple, the endowment and sealings, pertain to exaltation in the celestial kingdom, where the sons and daughters are. The sons and daughters are not outside in some other kingdom. The sons and daughters go into the house, belong to the household, have access to the home. ‘In my Father’s house are many mansions’ [John 14:2]. Sons and daughters have access to the home where he dwells, and you cannot receive that access until you go to the temple. Why? Because you must receive certain key words as well as make covenants by which you are able to enter. If you try to get into the house, and the door is locked, how are you going to enter, if you haven’t your key? You get your key in the temple, which will admit you."
Joseph Fielding Smith

As we strive to follow the Savior, covenants transform and enable us to become the children of Christ.
Elder Timothy J. Dyches, of the Seventy

The Mormon god only allows those who earn eternal life to be with him. They are the elect because they EARNED their election! Your phony religion is filled with lies!

The elect are those who love God with all their hearts and live lives that are pleasing to Him. Those who live such lives of discipleship will one day be selected by the Lord to be among His chosen children.

• Those who magnify priesthood callings become the elect of God, D&C 84:33–34.

“The ordinances of the temple, the endowment and sealings, pertain to exaltation in the celestial kingdom, where the sons and daughters are. The sons and daughters are not outside in some other kingdom. The sons and daughters go into the house, belong to the household, have access to the home. ‘In my Father’s house are many mansions’ [John 14:2]. Sons and daughters have access to the home where he dwells, and you cannot receive that access until you go to the temple. Why? Because you must receive certain key words as well as make covenants by which you are able to enter. If you try to get into the house, and the door is locked, how are you going to enter, if you haven’t your key? You get your key in the temple, which will admit you."
Joseph Fielding Smith

As we strive to follow the Savior, covenants transform and enable us to become the children of Christ.
Elder Timothy J. Dyches, of the Seventy
You showed it.... as we strive, not we earn.... our efforts do not translate into earn.. chuckle.

LOL. That would explain why you're so offended by our theology. ?
Lies against God, like Joe Smith's BoM, et al, offend God and I'm not God. I may not like what you believe but that's because the Jesus you follow is NOT the Jesus of the Bible, your salvation plan is not God's salvation plan as fulfilled by Jesus Christ, how you must depend upon your own merit for salvation, etc. You know what I write of as you are as keenly aware of the chasm that separates thee and me. But know this boJ, I love you as Christ loves you and pray for your release from the yoke, the slavery, that is Mormonism.

Its my way of helping you...
I think the truth of the matter is you have not been able to control me, even your "advice" to "recommend" I leave this forum and then the constant harassment, all in an attempt to motivate me to leave. I'm uncertain why I bother you so much that you spend all that effort doing these things but hey, good news, I still love you and pray for you.

I think the truth of the matter is you have not been able to control me, even your "advice" to "recommend" I leave this forum and then the constant harassment, all in an attempt to motivate me to leave. I'm uncertain why I bother you so much that you spend all that effort doing these things but hey, good news, I still love you and pray for you.
Thx for the prayers, preacher...

You showed it.... as we strive, not we earn.... our efforts do not translate into earn.. chuckle.
No, you don't get the supposed reward if your god doesn't allow you to earn it. You can only get a reward for striving. But how hard did you strive? Were you told to do the impossible or was it possible?
1 Nephi 3
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Puny half-hearted efforts don't earn. Do young Mormon males earn Eagle Scout awards?

D&C 131
1 In the celestial glory there are three heavens or degrees;
2 And in order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into this order of the priesthood [meaning the new and everlasting covenant of marriage];

3 And if he does not, he cannot obtain it.
4 He may enter into the other, but that is the end of his kingdom; he cannot have an increase.
Mormons don't like Ephesians 2:8 & 9. When we post those verses, Mormons flat out ignore them!

General Conference, October 1976:

Paul’s statement, “By grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Eph. 2:8–9), has been misunderstood. Some have interpreted it to mean that works are not necessary. This is an erroneous conclusion.

The truth is that we are saved by grace only after all we ourselves can do. (See 2 Ne. 25:23.) There will be no government dole which can get us through the pearly gates. Nor will anybody go into the celestial kingdom who wants to go there on the works of someone else. Every man must go through on his own merits. We might just as well learn this here and now.
President Marion G. Romney, Second Counselor in the First Presidency, "In Mine Own Way"

“Every one of you … must stand before ‘the judgment-seat of the Holy One of Israel … and then must … be judged according to the holy judgment of God.’ (II Nephi 9:15.) And according to the vision of John, ‘The books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.’ (Rev. 20:12.) The ‘books’ spoken of refer to the ‘records [of your works] which are kept on the earth. … The book of life is the record which is kept in heaven.’ (Doc. and Cov. 128:7.)” (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Harold B. Lee [2000], 226–27).

Books plural good buddy, plural.. notice that which you obviously ignore:
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

But we can do three things to help make sure God writes ours names in the book of life. First, we can repent of the evil deeds we have done in the past. Second, we can engage in meaningful prayer. Third, charitable giving.
LDS.org
You better read much more carefully, Ralf. I responded to this one in more detail in this section "works do not precede salvation". I am sure youm received a notification.

Could you explain for us why the Blood of Christ isn't needed for salvation to occur?

The Blood of Christ covers every believer in Jesus. That happens when the person confesses Jesus as Savior AND Lord. Nobody has asked that question except you in another attempt to derail.

Back