The gods of Psalm 82

Well Markk even pointed out that they are similar (ALMOST Identical) hmm.

So here is Marrk: Markk: "You though are deceptive and dishonest…you removed context of the paste above…you purposely cut the word “similar” right before the word stupid?

I never took out the word similar which he said I purposely did... nice try good buddy.
Bottom line, Ralph old boy is what you quoted is not what he wrote. I don't care if you think it is similar or even if he does. You were inaccurate the the words you used were inflammatory.

Again…all you are doing in true troll form, is pushing your need to somehow borrow credibility from Christianity....

That wouldn't be hard--what is found in the Biblical text is also found in the LDS church, as far as salvational doctrines go.

Why didn't you engage the Biblical scriptures, or use some Biblical scripture yourself?

Why is posting Biblical scriptures seen as a "troll form"?

Markk--just so the Biblical scriptures aren't friendly to the theology you push here--does not mean the Bible is wrong.

1 Timothy 2:5---King James Version
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

That wouldn't be hard--what is found in the Biblical text is also found in the LDS church, as far as salvational doctrines go.

Why didn't you engage the Biblical scriptures, or use some Biblical scripture yourself?

Why is posting Biblical scriptures seen as a "troll form"?

Markk--just so the Biblical scriptures aren't friendly to the theology you push here--does not mean the Bible is wrong.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
There is very little, if anything, in regard to doctrine that is compatible between The Christian Church and the many off shoots of Mormonism.

The reason one can't talk scripture with you is that you don't have the ability to be honest with folks. You are not an honest person in that regard. You are just trolling for effect, which sadly forces others to suffer through the same old lines, basically a annoying TV commercial.

I would love nothing more than to have a real conversation with you about our two faiths, and how we interpret the Bible differently, but we both know you don't want that, you need The Bible to give Mormonism creditability, and chiefly for a sense of self understanding that their theology that makes God less that God, and that you being a man, can become a God.

I have about a 3-hour commute, total, each day for work. For the past month or so I have been listening to different podcasts of honest young Mormons, good kids, in different stages of their walk in the LDS church. One common denominator in their emotional struggles in the church is the dis-honesty of members like you, not being able to be real. Ones that can't be real with what the church demands from LDS history, scripture, and church culture, and deny what it is, painting a Pollyanna whitewashed version of the reality of what it is. You are not fooling these young members, they are not stupid, and they have cell phones that they use to test what is said to be true with the actual truth.

We both know DB, that protestant and LDS theology are vastly different, and we interpret the bible differently. You interpret the Bible in prooftext fashion to support the LDS "Plan of Salvation," which we both know is a recipe for Godhood, while Christians interpret the Bible for the Glory of God and His Grace.

The God complex is a real thing...most members avoid it by saying it is sacred, and listening to these young Mormons tell of their first Temple experiences tells the story as to why. They almost always state how it is almost, if not, a terrifying and shocking experience. It is nothing like they thought it would be, especially for the young bride wanting her day to be like one of a princess being married to their prince. But instead, it is one of wearing less than faltering costumes, and being ushered around by old men and women helping them perform strange ordinances.

Your printed out "prooftext" verses out of context, with all your efforts, can't change the reality of what Mormonism is on the inside. I understand you need to make it seem Christian...but again it is just not. Hopefully some day you will be open enough for an honest study of our two faiths.

There is very little, if anything, in regard to doctrine that is compatible between The Christian Church and the many off shoots of Mormonism.

Then you won't have any problem with posting what you find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--as far as salvational doctrines go?

I have asked you--and other critics here to list those verses--crickets. Yet--they continue to make the claim you make above.

Markk--taint so!!! straw men are neither convincing nor compelling.

The reason one can't talk scripture with you is that you don't have the ability to be honest with folks.

The reason you "can't talk scripture" is because you either refuse to, or don't have any answers for why the scriptures violate your theology.

Blaming me for your absence of scriptures is giving me a lot of power over you. I refuse to accept your empowerment.

I would love nothing more than to have a real conversation with you about our two faiths,

Then do it with a Christian approach--the Biblical text:

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Why don't you engage the Biblical scriptures? Or use them very much? You want to have a discussion on your terms--I want it through a Christian approach--please use the Biblical text.

and how we interpret the Bible differently,

By ignoring the posted Biblical scriptures? Not hardly. Please break out your Bible and use it. Otherwise--we have only your opinion--and I'm not interested in your personal vendetta.

Your printed out "prooftext" verses out of context,

Isn't that the usual retort whenever scriptures are posted which defy the theology of the critics here?

Markk--you post long retorts on occasions--without the first Biblical scripture.

It might be time for you to engage the Biblical scriptures:

So--was God once a man?

Then you won't have any problem with posting what you find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--as far as salvational doctrines go?

I have asked you--and other critics here to list those verses--crickets. Yet--they continue to make the claim you make above.

Markk--taint so!!! straw men are neither convincing nor compelling.

The reason you "can't talk scripture" is because you either refuse to, or don't have any answers for why the scriptures violate your theology.

Blaming me for your absence of scriptures is giving me a lot of power over you. I refuse to accept your empowerment.

Then do it with a Christian approach--the Biblical text:

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Why don't you engage the Biblical scriptures? Or use them very much? You want to have a discussion on your terms--I want it through a Christian approach--please use the Biblical text.

By ignoring the posted Biblical scriptures? Not hardly. Please break out your Bible and use it. Otherwise--we have only your opinion--and I'm not interested in your personal vendetta.
I am going to give you a chance to be honest here. Over the years have I ever discussed and really tried to discuss the Bible with you, I mean honest efforts? What you answer to that?

I am going to give you a chance to be honest here. Over the years have I ever discussed and really tried to discuss the Bible with you, I mean honest efforts? What you answer to that?

I don't believe my chance has anything to do with the fact that anyone who reviews your posts can see you are more interested in conspiracy theories ---than discussing the Biblical text.

So--when are you going to engage this?

So--was God once a man?

Bottom line, Ralph old boy is what you quoted is not what he wrote. I don't care if you think it is similar or even if he does. You were inaccurate the the words you used were inflammatory.
The word itself is inflammatory....
Goggled...
When people say your obtuse?
The adjective obtuse is good for describing someone slow on the uptake: "Don't be so obtuse: get with the program!" The adjective obtuse literally means "rounded" or "blunt," but when it's used for a person, it means "not quick or alert in perception" — in other words, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

The word itself is inflammatory....
Goggled...
When people say your obtuse?
The adjective obtuse is good for describing someone slow on the uptake: "Don't be so obtuse: get with the program!" The adjective obtuse literally means "rounded" or "blunt," but when it's used for a person, it means "not quick or alert in perception" — in other words, not the sharpest tool in the shed.
ralf context defines words...obtuse also means stubborn and pigheaded, or narrow minded...which the former and latter, is the context I used the word. But you are correct, it could dumber than a bag of hammers, if used in that context.

So--when are you going to engage this?

So--was God once a man?

Still waiting.

Back