The only distinction between The Father, and The Son is that...

You left out the Holy Spirit.

The statement was made by a TRINITARIAN (not me) and I doubt they think the Holy Spirit affects the distinction between The Father and The Son.

So, do you agree with this TRINITARIAN statement?

“The only distinction between The Father and The Son is that, The Father is The Father, and The Son is The Son.”

The statement was made by a TRINITARIAN (not me) and I doubt they think the Holy Spirit affects the distinction between The Father and The Son.

“The only distinction between The Father and The Son is that, The Father is The Father, and The Son is The Son.”
Hi Yah,

So what is your bottom line belief. Do you believe in the Father or the Son? Or the Spirit - don't want to leave out the Spirit

Hi Yah,

So what is your bottom line belief. Do you believe in the Father or the Son? Or the Spirit - don't want to leave out the Spirit

Here is a summary of what I believe...

Yahweh is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. Yahweh is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. Yahweh in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, Yahweh in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal Yahweh is called God the Father.

Here is an extended overview of what I believe...

For this creation, Yahweh (the only one who transcends all creation) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself. The Scriptures describe how Yahweh would accomplish his plan. In an instant, eternal Yahweh (called God the Father) created the supernatural and spacetime of this universe and also became immanent in the universe as spirit (called the Spirit of God) and as a human with a glorious body (called the Son of God). God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God (whose name is Jesus). But whereas Yahweh created a spirit and soul for each of us, Yahweh himself became the spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

Please post a summary or overview of what YOU believe?

Yhe Son died on the cross. The Father didn't.

Here is a summary of what I believe...

Yahweh is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. Yahweh is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. Yahweh in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, Yahweh in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal Yahweh is called God the Father.

Here is an extended overview of what I believe...

For this creation, Yahweh (the only one who transcends all creation) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself. The Scriptures describe how Yahweh would accomplish his plan. In an instant, eternal Yahweh (called God the Father) created the supernatural and spacetime of this universe and also became immanent in the universe as spirit (called the Spirit of God) and as a human with a glorious body (called the Son of God). God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God (whose name is Jesus). But whereas Yahweh created a spirit and soul for each of us, Yahweh himself became the spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

Please post a summary or overview of what YOU believe?
Sorry, I missed this. Why doesn't this site give alerts???

Anyway, that sounds good, except I do have a question. Before Jesus' conception there was not a glorious human out there from the beginning. He was the Word of God before being human. Do you believe otherwise?

Last edited:
I do have a question. Before Jesus' conception there was not a glorious human out there from the beginning. He was the Word of God before being human. Do you believe otherwise?

Yes. I believe the Son of God had a glorious human body since the beginning of creation.

Did the man Jacob wrestled have a glorious human body?

Genesis 32:24,30... And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day... And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

I say Yes.

Did the man in the furnace with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego have a glorious human body?

Daniel 3:25... He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

I say Yes.

Yes. I believe the Son of God had a glorious human body since the beginning of creation.

Genesis 32:24,30... And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day... And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

I say Yes.

Did the man in the furnace with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego have a glorious human body?

Daniel 3:25... He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

I say Yes.
NO mention of a " glorious human body" in these passages.

I say Yes.

I say Yes.
That's is what it sounded like. Just checking...

Sorry, but Adam was the first human being. Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

The Word didn't have a body yet.

Can you prove otherwise from scripture?

But I can see how you would think so from the furnace. Angels have a body too when they manifest themselves to us. Otherwise they are spirits. It doesn't mean that all bodies are "human."

@Photine

Can you answer these:

What in my body is my spirit? (Hint: compare Galatians 5:17 with Romans 7:25. This last verse tells you what your spirit is.)
What in my body is my soul? (Hint: once you know what the spirit is that leaves the...)
Everyone should already know that Jesus is the body of God. (Colossians 2:9)

@Photine

Can you answer these:

What in my body is my spirit? (Hint: compare Galatians 5:17 with Romans 7:25. This last verse tells you what your spirit is.)
What in my body is my soul? (Hint: once you know what the spirit is that leaves the...)
Everyone should already know that Jesus is the body of God. (Colossians 2:9)

A soul is a living being.

Jesus is the Spirit of God, the Church is the body.

Thanks for asking.

NO mention of a " glorious human body" in these passages.

In Daniel 3:25, a man suddenly showed up (miraculously appeared). That can only be done with a glorious human body.

What kind of body do YOU believe the fourth man had?

In Daniel 3:25, a man suddenly showed up (miraculously appeared). That can only be done with a glorious human body.

What kind of body do YOU believe the fourth man had?

It was the Angel of the Lord!

Daniel 3:28
Then Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king’s command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.

Angels have spirit bodies.

It was the Angel of the Lord!

Daniel 3:28
Then Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king’s command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.

Angels have spirit bodies.
Angels have NO bodies.

A soul is a living being.

Jesus is the Spirit of God, the Church is the body.

Thanks for asking.
We are a triune being. I thought you would have a more pointed answer, and not so general.

1 Thes. 5:23
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We are a triune being. I thought you would have a more pointed answer, and not so general.

1 Thes. 5:23
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We are a dual being. Flesh and spirit.

We are souls (Gen 2:7).

We are a dual being. Flesh and spirit.

We are souls (Gen 2:7).
Or in your case just flesh . Charismatic lady is right . Created with a body , soul and spirit . She provided scripture unlike you that gave a gnostic opinion .

Or in your case just flesh . Charismatic lady is right . Created with a body , soul and spirit . She provided scripture unlike you that gave a gnostic opinion .

No, we are souls (Gen 2:7).

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

"Didn't give Scripture" is false witness..

Last edited:
Back