Who or What is the Trinity ?

G

guest1

God is a Trinity of persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the same person as the Son; the Son is not the same person as the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the same person as Father. They are not three gods and not three beings. They are three distinct persons; yet, they are all the one God. Each has a will, can speak, can love, etc., and these are demonstrations of personhood. They are in absolute perfect harmony consisting of one substance. They are coeternal, coequal, and copowerful. If any one of the three were removed, there would be no God.

Jesus, the Son, is one person with two natures: Divine and Human. This is called the Hypostatic Union. The Holy Spirit is also divine in nature and is self-aware, the third person of the Trinity.

The word "person" is used to describe the three "Persons" of the Godhead because the word "person" is appropriate. A person is self-aware, can speak, love, hate, say "you," "yours," "me," "mine," etc. The three Persons in the Trinity demonstrate these qualities.

What is so hard to understand about God being Triune? The Father is not the Son. The Son is not the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the Father. God is a Trinity (Tri-Unity) of 3 Persons who are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Trinity is not three gods nor is the Trinity three beings. We call them "Persons" because each one of Them have a will, speak, teach, love, receive praise, prayer, share the same Glory, etc. These are all characteristics of person-hood. They are of one substance, nature, essence or Being. You cannot have the Father without the Son, the Son without the Father, The Son without the Holy Spirit or you would not have the God according to Scripture, you would have a false god or what is known as an idol.

hope this helps,

God is a Trinity of persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the same person as the Son; the Son is not the same person as the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the same person as Father. They are not three gods and not three beings. They are three distinct persons; yet, they are all the one God. Each has a will, can speak, can love, etc., and these are demonstrations of personhood. They are in absolute perfect harmony consisting of one substance. They are coeternal, coequal, and copowerful. If any one of the three were removed, there would be no God.

Jesus, the Son, is one person with two natures: Divine and Human. This is called the Hypostatic Union. The Holy Spirit is also divine in nature and is self-aware, the third person of the Trinity.

The word "person" is used to describe the three "Persons" of the Godhead because the word "person" is appropriate. A person is self-aware, can speak, love, hate, say "you," "yours," "me," "mine," etc. The three Persons in the Trinity demonstrate these qualities.

What is so hard to understand about God being Triune? The Father is not the Son. The Son is not the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the Father. God is a Trinity (Tri-Unity) of 3 Persons who are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Trinity is not three gods nor is the Trinity three beings. We call them "Persons" because each one of Them have a will, speak, teach, love, receive praise, prayer, share the same Glory, etc. These are all characteristics of person-hood. They are of one substance, nature, essence or Being. You cannot have the Father without the Son, the Son without the Father, The Son without the Holy Spirit or you would not have the God according to Scripture, you would have a false god or what is known as an idol.

hope this helps,

A person is defined as "a human being". Is this different from your definition?

I believe God exists eternally and simultaneously as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I also believe one of the attributes of God is His will. How can God have 3 wills and remain 1? Are you referring to Luke 22:42?

I believe God exists eternally and simultaneously as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I also believe one of the attributes of God is His will. How can God have 3 wills and remain 1? Are you referring to Luke 22:42?
On the contrary In 20th century humanism, perhaps person means- a human being. Nevertheless this word person as applied to God signifies a relation as subsisting in the divine nature. Hence the incommunicability of the divine nature. It follows this word person in ancient theology proper is defined as- an individual or substantive reality".

God does not have three wills , and yet each divine person has His own will. God is nowise made of body ,nor does He underlie accidents. Lastly God is at once the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit. By way of substance, which is manifestly expressed by way of hypostases. One is the Father another is the Son and another is the Holy Spirit. Thus we say three persons, but not as if there exist any real composition or subjection.

If you admit God is the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit, then you must needs admit- relation really belongs to God. The ancient theologians affirm that:

God is the Supreme Substance transcending the divisions of the Aristotelian categories at one and at the same time, He is both Substance and Relation.

14. And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

On the contrary In 20th century humanism, perhaps person means- a human being. Nevertheless this word person as applied to God signifies a relation as subsisting in the divine nature. Hence the incommunicability of the divine nature. It follows this word person in ancient theology proper is defined as- an individual or substantive reality".

God does not have three wills , and yet each divine person has His own will. God is nowise made of body ,nor does He underlie accidents. Lastly God is at once the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit. By way of substance, which is manifestly expressed by way of hypostases. One is the Father another is the Son and another is the Holy Spirit. Thus we say three persons, but not as if there exist any real composition or subjection.

If you admit God is the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit, then you must needs admit- relation really belongs to God. The ancient theologians affirm that:
I don't understand

"God does not have three wills, and yet each divine person has His own will".

Explain?

I don't understand

"God does not have three wills, and yet each divine person has His own will".

Explain?
Remove the human conditions of diversity motion and movement you are imposing on the terminology. We acknowledge every person by Himself to be God and Lord.

The Godhead shouldn't be complicated.

There are three that bear witness in heaven - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one. That's all I need to know.

Putting human terminology to the Godhead is something not advisable. A lot will get confused. Even the trinity is not a perfect description of the Godhead.

hope this helps,

This first section is awry from the git-go, and ADDED-ON to the Canon, obviously. Not DECLARED arguably until 381 A.D. That is all Civic. Back to the proverbial drawing board for you and your compatriots.

That would make Jesus the Father sitting next to the Father in heaven. GOOBERED sir. Or...should I say Jesus the God sitting next to...God the Lump that they all three are sir? Oh by the way, thanx for telling me this forum is back. I thought it died the true death of permanence. Who for you is the One who sits on the Throne Seat? We KNOW the one next to Him sir.

The Godhead shouldn't be complicated.

There are three that bear witness in heaven - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one. That's all I need to know.

Putting human terminology to the Godhead is something not advisable. A lot will get confused. Even the trinity is not a perfect description of the Godhead.
Putting PHILOSOPHICAL terminology for guh guh GodHEAD is not BIBLICAL radio. "Godhead" is not a term in Text.

Putting PHILOSOPHICAL terminology for guh guh GodHEAD is not BIBLICAL radio. "Godhead" is not a term in Text.
Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

so much for your bible knowledge eh ?

theotés: deity
Original Word: θεότης, ητος, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: theotés
Phonetic Spelling: (theh-ot'-ace)
Definition: deity
Usage: deity, Godhead.

HELPS Word-studies
2320 theótēs (a feminine noun derived from 2316 /theós, "God") – the personal God revealed in the Bible who is triune and infinitely relational as demonstrated by the embodiment of the Godhead in the incarnated Christ (used only in Col 2:9).

hope this helps !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That would make Jesus the Father sitting next to the Father in heaven. GOOBERED sir. Or...should I say Jesus the God sitting next to...God the Lump that they all three are sir? Oh by the way, thanx for telling me this forum is back. I thought it died the true death of permanence. Who for you is the One who sits on the Throne Seat? We KNOW the one next to Him sir.
No problem, glad to meet you on Facebook.

I believe Jesus is sitting on the throne in heaven, since the Father is Spirit, transcendent, and invisible. Revelation 4.

Does Jesus sit on, or at the right hand of God?

Remove the human conditions of diversity motion and movement you are imposing on the terminology. We acknowledge every person by Himself to be God and Lord.
then you acknowledge three God and Lord, since every person by himself is God and Lord. The Father person by himself is God and Lord....the Son person by himself is God and Lord....The Holy Spirit person by himself is Lord and God. Three individual persons each by himself is Lord and God,therefore three individual God and Lord.`

then you acknowledge three God and Lord, since every person by himself is God and Lord. The Father person by himself is God and Lord....the Son person by himself is God and Lord....The Holy Spirit person by himself is Lord and God. Three individual persons each by himself is Lord and God, therefore three individual God and Lord.`
On the contrary your entire supposition is quite myopic and rudimentary . In paraphrasing the doctor communis ,"

"We are hampered by the limitations of the human experience to adequately express the plenitude of God greatness , and thus we cannot express this without attributing to Him sonship and spiration. Hence one person and another, not however as if other from the divine nature".

Alan......

Who is Jason?

I wouldn't always use the word manifestation, but yes God has 1 will right?
jason was on CARM language forums prior to the crash, he was/is an atheist who knows biblical hebrew and greek fluently and teaches it online. this person george cannot hold a candle to jason when it comes to Greek and Hebrew. One good thing about jason is he is objective and without bias when it comes to scripture and is very objective. He acknowledges all the passages where Christ is called God even though personally He denies the very existence of God.

I believe this poster george is not his real name and his former alias is john milton on carm.

On the contrary your entire supposition is quite myopic and rudimentary . In paraphrasing the doctor communis ,"

Alan......
It says what it says...Why should I read what it does not say into it...As a matter of fact, one must be myopic and rudimentary to believe the trinity..
So in reality I am not supposing anything. The poster made a claim and I exposed the folly of the claim. Since each person is Lord and God and you have three persons it follows that you have three Lord and God.

Where is that written in the scripture sir?"God exists eternally and simultaneously as Father, Son and Holy Spirit"
Anyway you must also believe that God died or at least part of God died.
Plus how does that relate to Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: Clearly speaking about Jesus.

NOPE it do not help. Theotes only means...get this...divine. GodHEAD is misnomer and added-on, in the history of our cherished past.
Well I will go with the actual Greek Scholars unlike you who know biblical Greek.................

next............................................................

The Godhead stands......................

the others fail miserably...................

hope this helps sir !!!

Back