Is Jesus in the Godhead or is the Godhead in Jesus?

Truther

The Bible says "....in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.".

Was Paul speaking figuratively(metaphorically) or literally about this "all of God inside Jesus" concept?

Do we also teach "all of God inside Jesus"?

If not, why not?

The Bible says "....in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.".

Was Paul speaking figuratively(metaphorically) or literally about this "all of God inside Jesus" concept?

Do we also teach "all of God inside Jesus"?

If not, why not?

Niether. "For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily." It is literally, not metaphorically, teaching us that the one who physically walked around as Jesus was actually God. It's not talking about all the quantity of God being located in one spot, and it's not talking metaphorically about anything. It's talking about one who has all that makes one actually God choosing to walk on earth in bodily form: the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily in him.

God Bless

Niether. "For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily." It is literally, not metaphorically, teaching us that the one who physically walked around as Jesus was actually God. It's not talking about all the quantity of God being located in one spot, and it's not talking metaphorically about anything. It's talking about one who has all that makes one actually God choosing to walk on earth in bodily form: the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily in him.

God Bless
Within himself or deity inside him?

Do you believe deity in Jesus or deity is Jesus per Col 2:9?

My point is that the RCC has taught us to redefine the scripture in our heads to fit their narrative of an "incarnated God".

When we see the word "word", we think of an individual person and not a voice of God per John 1.

When we see written throughout the Bible, Jesus saying "my God", we train our brains to make it mean "God's flesh talking to His Spirit".

We don't take anything in our Bible literal and verbatim anymore.

No wonder there is one Bible and tens of thousands of denominations spun off from it.

Also, we absolutely don't believe Col 2:9 as literal or verbatim.

Niether. "For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily." It is literally, not metaphorically, teaching us that the one who physically walked around as Jesus was actually God. It's not talking about all the quantity of God being located in one spot, and it's not talking metaphorically about anything. It's talking about one who has all that makes one actually God choosing to walk on earth in bodily form: the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily in him
Within himself or deity inside him?
Do you believe deity in Jesus or deity is Jesus per Col 2:9?

Try reading what I wrote previously: the one who physically walked around as Jesus was actually God.

God Bless

My point is that the RCC has taught us to redefine the scripture in our heads to fit their narrative of an "incarnated God".

It couldn't be that the NT teaches God incarnate: Emanuel.

When we see the word "word", we think of an individual person and not a voice of God per John 1.

That makes a lot of sense until you read John 1. A "voice of God" was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know this "voice of God" . This "voice of God" came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive this "voice of God", who believed in this "voice of God"'s name, the "voice of God" gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

When we see written throughout the Bible, Jesus saying "my God", we train our brains to make it mean "God's flesh talking to His Spirit".

What Roman Catholic says that? That's a form of Oneness, not Trinitarianism. Silly goose, attacking what you clearly don't understand.

We don't take anything in our Bible literal and verbatim anymore.

Says who?

No wonder there is one Bible and tens of thousands of denominations spun off from it.

No, that's because humans are sinful. What's your excuse for creating a heretical denomination?

Also, we absolutely don't believe Col 2:9 as literal or verbatim.

Yeah, like you do?

God Bless

It couldn't be that the NT teaches God incarnate: Emanuel.

That makes a lot of sense until you read John 1. A "voice of God" was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know this "voice of God" . This "voice of God" came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive this "voice of God", who believed in this "voice of God"'s name, the "voice of God" gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

What Roman Catholic says that? That's a form of Oneness, not Trinitarianism. Silly goose, attacking what you clearly don't understand.

Says who?

No, that's because humans are sinful. What's your excuse for creating a heretical denomination?

Yeah, like you do?

God Bless
Do you believe that God was inside Christ per 2 Cor 5:19 or not?

How can God say he had a God dozens of times as he walked the earth?

The answer is the Trinity: multiple persons who are the same God.

Do you believe that God was inside Christ per 2 Cor 5:19 or not?

Again, the one who physically walked around as Jesus was actually God. And, don't think I didn't notice you ignore all the points I made in my previous post.

2 Corinthians 5:18-19
All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

So, why would you think 2 Corinthians 5:19 has anything to do with God being in a location? You do realize that the preposition "in" can be used beyond designating a thing inside some container. Because it's easy to access online, here is strong's definition:

ἐν en, en; a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between G1519 and G1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:—about, after, against, + almost, × altogether, among, × as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (… sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), × mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, × outwardly, one, × quickly, × shortly, (speedi-)ly, × that, × there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(-with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition.
And, those are all literal uses. I take it by means of Christ, God was reconciling the world to himself. God wasn't reconciling the world outside of Christ's body on earth. God was reconciling the world by using Christ and his body, the Church, as the context expresses. In fact, v19 is just a rewording of v18. v18 says God "through Christ reconciled us to himself", and v19 starts with "that is," expressing that v19 is a rewording of v18. So, where do you see v18 teaching God was inside of Christ? Oh yeah, none of this makes any sense if you happen to read more than one verse at a time.

God Bless

Again, the one who physically walked around as Jesus was actually God. And, don't think I didn't notice you ignore all the points I made in my previous post.

All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

So, why would you think 2 Corinthians 5:19 has anything to do with God being in a location? You do realize that the preposition "in" can be used beyond designating a thing inside some container. Because it's easy to access online, here is strong's definition:

ἐν en, en; a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between G1519 and G1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:—about, after, against, + almost, × altogether, among, × as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (… sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), × mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, × outwardly, one, × quickly, × shortly, (speedi-)ly, × that, × there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(-with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition.
And, those are all literal uses. I take it by means of Christ, God was reconciling the world to himself. God wasn't reconciling the world outside of Christ's body on earth. God was reconciling the world by using Christ and his body, the Church, as the context expresses. In fact, v19 is just a rewording of v18. v18 says God "through Christ reconciled us to himself", and v19 starts with "that is," expressing that v19 is a rewording of v18. So, where do you see v18 teaching God was inside of Christ? Oh yeah, none of this makes any sense if you happen to read more than one verse at a time.

God Bless
So, your answer is this?....

19 To wit, that God was NOT in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself....

So, your answer is this?....

19 To wit, that God was NOT in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself....

You clearly didn't read anything I wrote. Try again.

God Bless

God Bless
I read that you said 3=1.

You did not say that the 3 are in the 1, bodily.

You are smarter than that because that equals 4.

Therefore you teach that the body of Jesus is a mere "nature" and not a real individual glorified man.

You also teach that not all of what God consists of, but only the "qualities" of God are in this so called "nature".

...all because the RCC gave you the Trinity doctrine.

Is this your doctrine??? o_O

I read that you said 3=1.

Interesting because I didn't say 3=1. Try again.

You did not say that the 3 are in the 1, bodily.
You are smarter than that because that equals 4.
Therefore you teach that the body of Jesus is a mere "nature" and not a real individual glorified man.

Interesting given that Scripture doesn't present Jesus as just an individual glorified man.

You also teach that not all of what God consists of, but only the "qualities" of God are in this so called "nature".

That's funny, but I said the exact opposite in that post. Perhaps, you should actually read what others are writing.

...all because the RCC gave you the Trinity doctrine.

Again, you clearly didn't read anything I wrote, and don't think I didn't notice you try to change the topic after being unable to interact with what 2 Corinthians 5:18-19 actually teaches. Try again.

God Bless

Interesting given that Scripture doesn't present Jesus as just an individual glorified man.

That's funny, but I said the exact opposite in that post. Perhaps, you should actually read what others are writing.

Again, you clearly didn't read anything I wrote, and don't think I didn't notice you try to change the topic after being unable to interact with what 2 Corinthians 5:18-19 actually teaches. Try again.

God Bless
Starting with this...

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Present tense or past tense?

Is that present tense man glorified or not?

Interesting given that Scripture doesn't present Jesus as
just an individual glorified man.
Starting with this...
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Are you really this ignorant of Trinitarianism? Wow.

Present

Glorified.

Now, answer my question? What part of
"Scripture doesn't present Jesus as JUST an individual glorified man." didn't you understand? Jesus is a glorified man. Jesus is also "the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together." cf Colossian 1:15-17. That's not JUST an individual glorified man.

God Bless

PS: Nice job changing the topic again to hide how bad your doing in this discussion.

Present

Glorified.

Now, answer my question? What part of
"Scripture doesn't present Jesus as JUST an individual glorified man." didn't you understand? Jesus is a glorified man. Jesus is also "the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together." cf Colossian 1:15-17. That's not JUST an individual glorified man.

God Bless

PS: Nice job changing the topic again to hide how bad your doing in this discussion.
Okay, since you think that Jesus is presently a glorified man, who is this other entity?...

For there is one God, .......................

and one mediator
between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Or, do you read and comprehend it like this?....

For there is one God COMPRISING OF 3 PERSONS, and one mediator between God and men, the FLESH OF THE 2ND PERSON Christ Jesus, WHICH IS ACTUALLY SPIRIT WITH A HUMAN NATURE IN ONE;

Present

Glorified.

Now, answer my question? What part of "Scripture doesn't present Jesus as JUST an individual glorified man." didn't you understand? Jesus is a glorified man. Jesus is also
"the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together." cf Colossian 1:15-17. That's not JUST an individual glorified man.
Nice job changing the topic again to hide how bad your doing in this discussion.
Okay, since you think that Jesus is presently a glorified man, who is this other entity?...

For there is one God, .......................

and one mediator
between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Same entity; different persons. Seriously, anyone with 2 cents of knowledge about Trinitarianism would know this. How can you be this ignorant?

How about you deal with Jesus also being "the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together." cf Colossian 1:15-17?

God Bless

Same entity; different persons. Seriously, anyone with 2 cents of knowledge about Trinitarianism would know this. How can you be this ignorant?

How about you deal with Jesus also being "the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together." cf Colossian 1:15-17?

God Bless
Great verse.

We are the biological image of our fathers also.

Just like Jesus was the biological image of his Father.... as he was BORN.

God did it all by, for and THROUGH His human firstborn son.

And all this time you thought God gave birth to God and the 2nd person of God made everything without the 1st or 3rd persons?

Are you that duped by the RCC?

Back