Britain's 'first non-binary CofE priest' believes 'Jesus loves sparkly eyeshadow'

Well, if the Bishop of Nigeria has a problem he could simply resign/ Probably would be better if he did.
Why should he capitulate to apostate thugs and bullies? In any event, he has no need to resign: he, along with all the other African bishops, is in a position to excommunicate the CofE and reign down anathemas on it till the end of time.

Reactions: BMS
Well, if the Bishop of Nigeria has a problem he could simply resign/ Probably would be better if he did.
bit racist of you.
But He is holding to God's word whereas Welby and Cotrell have denied God's purposes.
Perhaps you as an lgbt activist in a church, could explain what the acorn is in scripture that develops into same sex relations.

Of course you cant.

Why should he capitulate to apostate thugs and bullies? In any event, he has no need to resign: he, along with all the other African bishops, is in a position to excommunicate the CofE and reign down anathemas on it till the end of time.
Great post. The lgbt activists are faith thugs and bullies

Twaddle.

You are wrong: The Anglican Communion has no central authority figure or body. It is made up of 42 autonomous members or provinces. Each member church makes its own decisions in its own way.
He must be one of the lgbt activists in the church

This statement from the Archbishop of Uganda Dr. Stephen Samuel Kaziimba Mugal on the sin of the CofE is worth replicating in full. But one statement stands out clearly:

"The Church of England has departed from the Anglican faith and are now false teachers. We fear Jesus’ words for them, “If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.” (Rev 2.5b) It’s that serious."

Good morning, our Media Evangelists, and Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow!

I have invited you here today to update you and, through you, all our Christians here in Uganda about some recent decisions the Church of England has made. I want to explain them very well to all of us and also explain the Church of Uganda’s position.

The Church of England’s Decision

The General Synod of the Church of England (their top governing body, like our Provincial Assembly) sat yesterday and passed several resolutions that are of great concern to us in Uganda. They have decided to allow clergy to preside at Blessings of Same-sex Unions and have approved supplemental prayers and liturgies for such occasions.

The Church of England is very good at making contradictory statements and expecting everyone to believe both can be true at the same time. That’s what they have done with this decision.

On the one hand, they say that the Church of England has not changed its doctrine of marriage, namely that marriage is a lifelong union between one man and one woman.

On the other hand, they are giving clergy permission to preside at services of Blessing for same-sex unions, especially for gay couples who are already considered “married” by the British government. In other words, a gay couple joined together in a civil marriage would then go to the church to receive prayers of blessing.

The only significant difference between a wedding and a service of “blessing” is the terminology used.

The Church of England insists it is not changing its doctrine of marriage. But, in practice, they are doing precisely that. You may read various articles, opinions, and commentaries on this decision that try to justify its action.

But, what I want you to know is that if it looks like a wedding, and sounds like a wedding… it IS a wedding.

The Church of Uganda’s Position

Now, I want to talk about the position of the Church of Uganda. There have been very many questions about it in light of this terrible decision of the Church of England.

1. First, from the first page of the Bible in the book of Genesis to the last page of the Bible in the book of Revelation, it is clear that God’s design for human flourishing is that we are part of a family – a family that is defined as one man and one woman united in holy matrimony for life and, God willing, a union that produces children. God’s Word has said that the only context for sexual relationships is in the context of a marriage of one man and one woman.

2. Second. Because lifelong, exclusive marriage between one man and one woman is the only context for sexual relationships, the Bible calls any other kind of sexual relationship a sin. Whether it is adultery, or fornication, or polygamy, or homosexual relationships. They are all sin and they all separate us from God.

a. That means sleeping with your girlfriend or your boyfriend before marriage is a sin.

b. That means that if you are married and have a “side dish,” that is a sin.

c. That means that if you take a second or third wife that is a sin.

d. That means if you engage in homosexual or same-sex sexual relationships, that is a sin.

Yes, God can forgive you, but it requires that you come before God, confess that you have done wrong, and make a commitment to change your way of life – in other words, to repent – and walk in God’s ways.

3. Third. When Jesus was questioned about a woman caught in adultery, he told her to “Go, and sin no more.”

There is a lot of sexual sin in Uganda. I know that, and you know that. Nevertheless, we haven’t changed our message. Our message is the message of the Bible, which is, “Go, and sin no more.”

The Church of England, on the other hand, has now departed from the Bible and their new message is the opposite message of the Bible. They are now saying, “Go, and sin some more.”

They are even offering to bless that sin.

That is wrong.

As Church of Uganda we cannot accept that. God cannot bless what He calls sin.

We all know the story of the Uganda Martyrs, how they refused to engage in homosexual sex with their leaders. They stood firm in their Christian faith and were martyred for it. We cannot betray them or our Lord Jesus Christ. We will not betray the Word of God or His ways. The Bible tells us that Jesus alone is “the way, the truth, and the life,” and that he is the same “yesterday, today, and forever.”

Jesus does not change his mind about what is sinful. Instead, Jesus gives us a way out of a bondage to sin by putting our trust and faith in him as our Saviour and Lord. That’s why it’s possible for us to “Go, and sin no more.”

Important Background

The suicidal path the Church of England has now taken began in the Anglican Communion in 2003 when The Episcopal Church in America consecrated a gay man as a Bishop. As Church of Uganda, we broke fellowship with them at that time, and we have maintained that they are the ones who have left the Anglican faith and, therefore, the Anglican Communion.

In 2008 when the Archbishop of Canterbury refused to discipline The American Episcopal Church for their action, Archbishops from Bible-believing Anglican Provinces around the world organized the first Gafcon conference to bring us together under the Lordship of Christ and the authority of the Bible. Gafcon has always said, “We are not leaving the Anglican Communion; we ARE the Anglican Communion.”

Likewise, the Global South Fellowship of Anglicans has said the same thing. “We are not leaving the Anglican Communion; we ARE the Anglican Communion.”

The Way Forward

We now want to ask the Church of England, “Do you have the integrity to step out of the Anglican Communion because you have departed from the Anglican faith?” God called you to preach a Gospel of repentance and faith. Instead, you’re like Jonah. You have disobeyed and are running in the opposite direction.

God called the church to go to Nineveh and preach repentance, but the Church of England is running to Tarshish and preaching acceptance of sin. There is no way we are walking together.

The Church of England, together with the Episcopal Church in America, the Anglican Church of Canada, the Church in Wales, the Scottish Episcopal Church, the Episcopal Anglican Church of Brazil, and others – these are the Provinces that have walked away, but we pray for them to repent.

And, if they refuse to repent, then we call on them to have the integrity to form their own Canterbury Communion because what they believe is not Anglicanism and it is not the faith once delivered to the saints.

If they want to take their whole church into the belly of a whale, they are free to do that; we are, after all, autonomous Anglican Provinces. We think it’s a bad idea, but they are free to do it.

But, they are NOT free to drag the whole Anglican Communion with them. The Anglican Communion is NOT an extension of the Church of England.

The Church of England has departed from the Anglican faith and are now false teachers. We fear Jesus’ words for them, “If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.” (Rev 2.5b) It’s that serious.

The Church of Uganda has more than 200 members traveling to Kigali in April for the 4th Global Gafcon meeting. We will be there with many Bible-believing Archbishops, Bishops, and Anglicans from all over Africa and the world. These are the ones who have not bowed their knee to Baal. (1 Kings 19.18)

We shall pray, and sit together, and discern the mind of Christ for the way forward. I ask your prayers for wisdom, for, indeed, we need the wisdom of Solomon to know how to faithfully respond to the crisis at hand.

Finally, now that our children are back in school, beware of the well-funded Gay organizations that are recruiting our children into homosexuality. Not only in Kampala, but all over the country. They target our poverty and promise our youth money.

To our youth – if someone invites you to a function and offers you a big transport refund, those are probably bad people. Say “No” to it. And, if you have already been exploited or abused by such groups, please go to your Bishop for prayer, support, and guidance. You will be received with love and compassion.

To our Head Teachers – if an organization is bringing money and resources to your school, or inviting your students to a function, do your research. Make sure you know who they really are.

My fellow Ugandans – we cannot serve God and mammon. We cannot serve God and money. Do not lose your soul because you think you will gain the whole world through the money they offer you. Do not think you can take the money, but not fall into their trap. It’s a lie; you are being exploited with that money.

The Bible says, “Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” So, just say, “No.”

I am here today to declare, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!”

The House of Bishops is united on this. The Provincial Assembly is united on this – “As for me and the Church of Uganda, we will serve the Lord.”

To God be the glory!

The Most Rev. Dr. Stephen Samuel Kaziimba Mugal

[source]

Jeremiah 37:9
“This is what the Lord says: Do not deceive yourselves, thinking, ‘The Babylonians will surely leave us.’ They will not!

Cottrell redefined the word "sin."

Consider this dialogue in which he participated:

Crawley then asked if the [CofE] believes “gay sex is sin,” to which the archbishop replied, “Well, what we are saying is that physical and sexual intimacy belongs in committed, stable, faithful relationships and therefore where we see a committed, stable, faithful relationship between two people of the same sex, we are now in a position where those people can be welcomed fully into the life of the Church, on their terms.”

Crawley said the CofE must be blessing same-sex unions because it believes it to be good.

Archbishop Cottrell replied, “As I say, we believe that stable, faithful, committed, loving relationships are good. They are the place for physical intimacy …”

Crawley again asked, “And not a sin?”

The archbishop then responded, “But well, that … that’s what I’m saying … we’re looking to focus on the good in relationships and we want people to live in good, stable, faithful relationships.”

I fear these African bishops are not quite on the ball in alleging that the CofE has "sinned." This is more that "sin" by the CofE. It is the establishment of the throne of antichrist within the CofE by the usurpation of itself over everything that is called "God."

2 Thess 2:4: "He will oppose and exalt himself above every so-called god or object of worship. So he will seat himself in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.…"

Or we could kick out the unbelieving gay activists posing as Christians ;-)
Would not be possible to remove the principal apostates, the archbishops, lawfully. So one is restricted to voting with one's feet.

The speech in full of the Archbishop of Cantebury Justin Welby at the LLF Synod debate, 8th Feb. 2023. I propose to examine this line by line.

We are not divided but we disagree, and that is very painful. And I will use again the words close to those I used to the Bishops gathered at the Lambeth Conference on a very similar debate.

The possibility of disagreement was conceded in Phil 3: ἑτέρως φρονέω (heteros phroneo - different attitude). Phroneo means "to have understanding, be wise, to feel, to think. to have an opinion of one's self, think of one's self, to be modest, not let one's opinion (though just) of himself exceed the bounds of modesty." The answer to the problem of disagreement was given by Paul in Phil 3:15 "God will reveal it."
However God has not revealed the solution [to the synod] because "we [remain in] disagree[ment], and that is very painful."
So what did the Synod do? They ignored the disagreement without awaiting the answer from God.

For some, to question the inherited teaching damages witness and is sinful: you point out that in many provinces across the Anglican Communion any change might make the church a victim of derision, contempt and even attack for being part of what is called the ‘gay church’. For we are often seen as the Mother Church.

For others, you have not arrived easily at the conclusion that we need to change. You are not careless about scripture. You do not reject Christ and His authority. But to question this change makes the church here and abroad a victim of derision, contempt, and even attack for being part of the perceived ‘homophobic church’.

Welby seeks the answer iin which is best for the church: to be perceived as the homophobic church or the gay church? Foolish: he looks to men for the answer, and not to God's inherited teachings (aka what is defined to be sinful as gleaned from the teaching of Christ - i.e. not one jot or tittle will fall from the law etc).
Listening and loving is about what has been brought forward by the House of Bishops. It has been consulted extensively with the primates and many others in the Anglican Communion. What we are seeking is what we understand from the Spirit is right, not what is convenient or easy. There are no convenient or easy ways forward.

At this point Welby is lying. He is manufacturing a "difficulty" as a ground to challenge/change the "inherited teaching."

What we have in this conversation and the decision we make today, is at its heart the chance publicly to witness to Christ in the most difficult, distinctive and radical way – to disagree passionately and yet to be clear that we uphold our need for one another, and for the world, to come to the knowledge of being loved by God in Christ.

At this point Welby is deliberately confounding different doctrines, which are kept clearly seperate in the bible. He is portraying the need to empathize with a weakness in genuine faith resulting in disagreements over disputable matters (Rom 14:1 "Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters") with the need to obey indisputable doctrine found in the moral law, which is found in 1 Cor 6:9 etc.
He is also introducing a fallacy that faith and the knowledge of Christ can be obtained by unrepentant sinners, whereas righteousness from God is [only] on the basis of faith and obedience. John 14:24 "Whoever does not love me does not keep my words." John 14:23: "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

Let me be clear on this point, we do that by saying to the world: unity in Jesus Christ is our common identity, and difference must be worked out within that identity. And we are told by Christ himself that such unity reveals Christ in the world; we heard that in the New Testament Lectionary reading for Morning Prayer today.

This introduces a fallacy that there can be unity between Christ and Belial. There cannot be any: 2 Cor 6:15-17.

Even things that are so important and so painful for us, are not as important as the essential-ness of others. That is our witness to a world that throws others away, excludes them, divides in the face of disagreement, that sides with its own echo chamber. This is the counter-cultural decision.
This introduces a fallacy that fake unity derived from temporizing with the world can ever be a witness to the world. It can't be.

In 1 Corinthians 12, we read about the need we have for other people. The eye cannot say to the hand ‘I have no need of you’. We need everyone in the body of Christ, if we are to be genuine ambassadors of reconciliation. We need the Communion, we need all Christians, for we are a Church catholic.

Here Welby is making a similar fallacy to ones already made that the unity of the church of Christ can be founded on temporizing with sinners. It cant be: 2 Thess 3:14 "Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed."

I know there is fear of a slippery slope, of what may or may not happen at some point in the future, but let us not give in to the fear of a future which we can neither predict nor control. Fear leads us to do the wrong things - trying to secure the future for God tomorrow, rather than trusting the Holy Spirit today.

I have just been in Westminster Hall hearing President Zelensky, who knows well what it means for the world to change overnight. And who knows here what will come to us over the next few years, not least from there.

Each of us will answer to God at the judgement for our decisions on this matter. We are personally responsible. I am supporting these resources, not I think because I am controlled by culture but because of scripture, tradition and reason evidenced in the vast work done over the last six years so ably by so many.

I may be wrong, of course I may, but I cannot duck the issue any more than anyone else here. I ask each member of Synod to vote with their Spirit-inspired consciences, scripturally and spiritually guided, and not because groups or lobbies or outsiders have told you to. I have heard them over the last two weeks in Parliament, and been told exactly what to do. I am not doing any of it.

The possibility of Welby being "wrong" is the understatement of the century - he has never been known to be right about anything (by me at least).

Pope Francis - sorry to drop the name, I am terribly conscious of it - Pope Francis talked about LGBTQI+ people in his press conference on the plane coming back from South Sudan on Sunday. I quote him exactly: “I am not talking about groups, but about people.”

Welby isn't sorry at all. Pope Francis is his idol. The Anglican church was founded on its opposition to Catholicism, and not on espousing its doctrines. So why appeal to Pope Francis?

So let us decide as we each conclude the Lord desires. Above all, let us debate remembering that all Christians are indispensable members of God’s church, all Christians, and whatever our views or theirs will remain so. And let us show that in how we speak, and let us show that in how we decide, and that we are above all the church that demonstrates the call of God to people whom he desires to know and love.

I conclude that Welby has no spiritual leadership qualifications, and is an apostate without the Spirit. His only qualification is as a "moderator of unspiritual debates."

Yes it is capitulation by the CofE. The rest of the Anglican communion, which vastly outnumber the practicing CofE Anglicans will probably split.

In some ways one can say the LGBTQI+ religion is splitting Christianity. But the NT witness to the churches is NOT to associate with these things. We cannot expect the world to believe or listen but we can expect people who call themselves Christians to.
To perhaps be more precise, the Anglican Communion is likely to split even further. There are numerous Anglican splinter churches, some pretty small and some larger, that came into existence around the time that the Episcopal Church ordained Vicky Gene Robinson as a bishop many years ago. Some are even older than that.

To perhaps be more precise, the Anglican Communion is likely to split even further. There are numerous Anglican splinter churches, some pretty small and some larger, that came into existence around the time that the Episcopal Church ordained Vicky Gene Robinson as a bishop many years ago. Some are even older than that.
Yes I think Robinson celebtated his divorce with communion.

It was reported in 2019 that lesbian "Bishop" Mary Douglas Glasspool of the Diocese of New York, took her "spouse" Becki Sander to a reception hosted by Trinity, Wall Street to promote the forthcoming Lambeth conference in 2020, and that Justin Welby ‘sought out’ Bishop Mary’s "spouse" during the reception, and ‘engaged her in friendly and lengthy conversation’.

Welby then sent the lesbian "bishop" a letter, – the first sentence of which read: "Dear "Bishop" Mary, I am writing to you directly as I feel I owe you an explanation of my decision not to invite your "spouse" to the Lambeth Conference,” said "Bishop" Glasspool.

The "spouse" ended up going anyway, as a "conference observer."

Why is this effeminate Archbishop fraternizing with unregenerate lesbians? Shows him in his true colors. We hear that this lesbian "bishop" paraded her "spouse" around with her at the conference.

1 Cor 5:12 “Expel the wicked person(s) from among you.”

Last edited:
She is a bishop of the occult.

Anglo-Catholic Anglican clery have historically had a lot of involvement with the occult. In fact there is a strong connection. Anglo-Catholicism and occultism both "have a sense of ritual, an often Gothic romanticism, and a sacramental world-view. Both suggest that the supernatural can pervade the material world, and both offered their own paths of “mysticism” to penetrate beyond the material world."

Prior to 1920, many Anglo-Catholics were able to blend beliefs in the astral body, reincarnation, and root races with Catholic doctrines and ritual practices. At the 1920 Lambeth Conference, Theosophy was formally condemned, alongside Spiritualism and Christian Science. Some Theosophical Anglicans, such as J. I. Wedgwood and C. W. Leadbeater, eventually decided to leave the Church of England and start their own Theosophical churches as episcopi vagantes."

"The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, established in 1887, was devoted to the Western esoteric tradition, and practised various forms of initiatory ritual magic, the Golden Dawn recruited heavily from the clergy."

"The Revd Francis Heazell, secretary of the Church of England’s committee on ecumenical relations with the Eastern Orthodox from 1917 to 1929, was a Ruling Chief of the Order’s London Temple. His duties would have included teaching the Order’s hermetic doctrines to new initiates. The Rt Revd Timothy Rees, Bishop of Landaff from 1931 to 1939, was a significant figure in one of the Order’s successor groups."

[taken from Church Times/On the Wings of the Dawn - the lure of the occult", 4th Dec. 2018

Seems to be deceptively easy, once you have set up a fake religion tolerating unregenerate sinners hiding behind ritual, to substitute satan for true God.

I listened to.some.of the synod questions and answers and quite frankly the bishops were a joke

Back