Why I am an "Evolutionist"

Evolution, including the evolution of living things, always made good sense to me. I can see how living things change from one generation to the next. I also see Darwin's "struggle for life" all the time. The evidence for evolution offered by modern biology I find very convincing. And the logic behind evolution couldn't be clearer: Small changes occur over short periods of time, and large changes occur over long periods of time. Those who oppose the Theory of Evolution I think are insecure fearing its implications. So those who deny that evolution occurs do so out of emotion rather than reason or evidence.
What you have presented is what is called the coloring book version of evo-ism.
I'm not sure what you mean by "the coloring book version of evo-ism," but the concept of evolution is so clear and logical that any child can understand it. I was taught evolution as a Catholic schoolboy, and I immediately got it. And not only that, but I was fascinated by the idea that millions of years ago long before we humans came along monsters ruled the earth. It's sad that so many people deliberately deprive themselves of this amazing truth.
You said "Small changes occur over short periods of time, and large changes occur over long periods of time.".....Do you have evidence for this?
It's strange that you need to ask for evidence what is so very obvious. Changes accumulate over time periods because each time period involves x number of changes, and so over y periods of time, the total number of changes is xy > x.
Can you show us how mutations add up and produce these large morphological changes....or is all you can do is present the coloring book definition?
No, I personally can't show anybody that kind of evidence, but the logic behind mutations driving evolution is quite valid.
......Now, you also mentioned "insecure fearing its implications".....Just what does that mean?
Many people are obviously afraid of the idea that our existence as a living species has depended on, still depends on, and as long as we exist always will depend on forces indifferent to our wellbeing. That's why many people battle so strongly against the truth that we are an evolved primate.

The question is whether YOU know fossils are made, because you said that the organisms needed to be submerged in water.

Teaching is way too strong a word for answering a question that requires only a simple yes/no/not sure.
Gus, get over yourself. Perhaps you can bring up a bug walking through sap.....as another strange rebuttal.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the coloring book version of evo-ism," but the concept of evolution is so clear and logical that any child can understand it. I was taught evolution as a Catholic schoolboy, and I immediately got it. And not only that, but I was fascinated by the idea that millions of years ago long before we humans came along monsters ruled the earth. It's sad that so many people deliberately deprive themselves of this amazing truth.

As I said....coloring book version. I did ask you some other questions concerning your simpleton view of evo-ism....from post 19...
You said "Small changes occur over short periods of time, and large changes occur over long periods of time.".....Do you have evidence for this?
Can you show us how mutations add up and produce these large morphological changes....or is all you can do is present the coloring book definition?

Didn't your Catholic teachers teach you about creation?
It's strange that you need to ask for evidence what is so very obvious. Changes accumulate over time periods because each time period involves x number of changes, and so over y periods of time, the total number of changes is xy > x.
In a typical animals DNA....how many places can X change?
No, I personally can't show anybody that kind of evidence, but the logic behind mutations driving evolution is quite valid.
Concerning de-evolution.....blind cave fish style, I would agree. Problem is you have no evidence that the genetic information can increase to the point that a fin turns into a leg. NONE.
Many people are obviously afraid of the idea that our existence as a living species has depended on, still depends on, and as long as we exist always will depend on forces indifferent to our wellbeing. That's why many people battle so strongly against the truth that we are an evolved primate.
Seems as if you're afraid of special creation...BIBLE STYLE...because it means you're accountable to a creator....

Would you have us believe that "in the beginning" the "stuff" of the Big Bang self created for nothing?
I don't know if the universe came from nothing, but there is evidently compelling evidence that it did come from nothing.
To be honest, that sounds like faith.
I don't care what you call my point of view. What matters to me is that my point of view is true.

And what exactly is wrong with faith?

I don't know if the universe came from nothing, but there is evidently compelling evidence that it did come from nothing.
Then your universe violated the law of non-contradiction. But, hey, you got the compelling evidence.

Now, I did notice you like using terms such as..."compelling evidence"..."evolution is so clear and logical"...and other mean nothing saying that you never seem to support. Why is that?
I don't care what you call my point of view. What matters to me is that my point of view is true.

Faith? Nothing wrong with faith....problem is you don't have true faith.

Try putting your faith into the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ....as His truth will set you free.

Then your universe violated the law of non-contradiction. But, hey, you got the compelling evidence.
Do you know what a contradiction is? If P is a proposition, then P and not P is a contradiction. Nowhere did I contradict myself.
Now, I did notice you like using terms such as..."compelling evidence"..."evolution is so clear and logical"...and other mean nothing saying that you never seem to support. Why is that?
I don't understand this question. You'll need to reword it so it makes sense.

Faith? Nothing wrong with faith....problem is you don't have true faith.
And of course you do. I've yet to meet anybody who avows that their faith is false.
Try putting your faith into the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ....as His truth will set you free.
Oh but I'm there. Jesus I understand preached against lies and hypocrisy. I see both in the opposition to The Theory of Evolution.

Last edited:
Do you know what a contradiction is? If P is a proposition, then P and not P is a contradiction. Nowhere did I contradict myself.
For your theory to be true....your "universe" has to be and not be t the same time.....soooooooooo, yes you did contradict yourself.
I don't understand this question. You'll need to reword it so it makes sense.
Well, I used your own words...LOL....anyway it means you speak big but never support your big boy speak.
And of course you do. I've yet to meet anybody who avows that their faith is false.
I have......and you should be yet another I can add to my list.
Oh but I'm there. Jesus I understand preached against lies and hypocrisy. I see both in the opposition to The Theory of Evolution.
Jesus was the creator...and He didn't use evo-ism. It's in the Bible that you don't believe.

We both have evidence for it from everyday experience. In a week there will be about seven times as much change as in a typical day. As an evolutionist I am free to see this very clear and obvious fact.
Can you show us how mutations add up and produce these large morphological changes....?
No, I cannot show you how mutations add up and produce large morphological changes. I cannot show you the Pacific Ocean either.
Didn't your Catholic teachers teach you about creation?
Yes. We were taught creation in religion class and evolution in science class. Catholics, at least officially, do not deny the fact of evolution. In fact, one of the greatest contributors to evolutionary theory was the Catholic friar, Gregor Mendel.
In a typical animals DNA....how many places can X change?
"X" what?
Concerning de-evolution.....blind cave fish style, I would agree.
Agree with what?
Problem is you have no evidence that the genetic information can increase to the point that a fin turns into a leg. NONE.
Yes, I personally don't have that evidence. However, I see no reason why organisms with fins cannot evolve into organisms with legs. In fact, some fish alive today like the mudskipper can walk. We also have tadpoles that swim like fish when young and walk on land as mature frogs.
Seems as if you're afraid of special creation...BIBLE STYLE...because it means you're accountable to a creator....
I would not want to give an account to God telling him I denied the evidence for the world he created. I understand that God wants us to be honest.

For your theory to be true....your "universe" has to be and not be t the same time.....soooooooooo, yes you did contradict yourself.
Can you talk me through this?

His argument appears to be that the universe was not that at one time, and then was there at a later time, and not that both cases were true at "the same time" as you appear to be saying. Can you cope with the idea of a house not being there, and then getting built, and then it is there? There is no contradiction because being there and not being there occur at different times.

His argument appears to be that the universe was not that at one time, and then was there at a later time, and not that both cases were true at "the same time" as you appear to be saying. Can you cope with the idea of a house not being there, and then getting built, and then it is there? There is no contradiction because being there and not being there occur at different times.
The arguments opposing The Theory of Evolution are either just plain false or are so nonsensical that they are neither true nor false because they don't make sense. CC's argument claiming I contradicted myself could fall into either category. As you seem to understand, my argument is being misrepresented. Nothing I said infers that the universe had to exist and not exist at the same time. He either made that up, or his logic is so twisted that it is incoherent.

In the case of the false BB...there is no "house builder"...That is the house...universe...had to have created itself and in doing so was there and not there at the same time. Or, you can't self create yourself from nothing.

It's obvious you're not speaking of the God of the Bible....Which god are you speaking of?
The God who said "Let the earth bring forth..." That was a time when the earth was not alive, just chemicals. So, He was saying "Let the non-living chemicals bring forth..." Similarly for water, which was non-living chemicals before it brought forth living organisms at God's command.

The God of the Bible does not create living organisms directly; He creates then indirectly by using non-living chemicals as an intermediate step. Abiogenesis looks at the second part of that process, where the chemicals bring forth life.

I understand it came from God and evolved into what it is now.
It's obvious you're not speaking of the God of the Bible....Which god are you speaking of?
If you interpret the Bible literally, then no, the God I mention is not "the God of the Bible." It seems reasonable to me that the existence we experience has a basis, and I call that basis "God." Since the universe exists, then its basis for existence is God. I am borrowing the "creation ex nihilo" doctrine from Christian theology and positing that God created the universe from nothing.

I should point out that if I'm wrong about God, then the universe must have created itself from nothing.

In the case of the false BB...there is no "house builder"...That is the house...universe...had to have created itself and in doing so was there and not there at the same time. Or, you can't self create yourself from nothing.
You claimed Unknown Soldier's belief of a universe not existing but that existing is a contradiction because it is doing both at "the same time". Have you now abandoned that claim?

I should point out that if I'm wrong about God, then the universe must have created itself from nothing.
It might have. This is Stephen Hawking:

There are something like ten million million million million million million million million million million million million million million (1 with eighty zeroes after it) particles in the region of the universe that we can observe. Where did they all come from? The answer is that, in quantum theory, particles can be created out of energy in the form of particle/antiparticle pairs. But that just raises the question of where the energy came from. The answer is that the total energy of the universe is exactly zero. The matter in the universe is made out of positive energy. However, the matter is all attracting itself by gravity. Two pieces of matter that are close to each other have less energy than the same two pieces a long way apart, because you have to expend energy to separate them against the gravitational force that is pulling them together. Thus, in a sense, the gravitational field has negative energy. In the case of a universe that is approximately uniform in space, one can show that this negative gravitational energy exactly cancels the positive energy represented by the matter. So the total energy of the universe is zero.​
– A Brief History of Time​

A zero energy universe needs zero energy input to get started.

Back