Monty Hall's Production Crew: Arminian or Calvinist? Decision versus Outcome

Exactly. He believed the prophecies and expected to be killed. Then in a moment of despair on the cross He knew not why. I would imagine that hanging naked on a cross in front of your Mom and all your friends might do a number on your thought process, even if there were no excruciating pain.
Small price for someone slated for eternal resurrection to pay.

If he can make 99.99...% of people in such a way that they never acquire the desire to rape, without affecting their free will, why not 100%?

After we are born, He doesn't make us who we are. We, along with our environment do. God didn't make OJ into either a great running back, nor into a killer.

Small price for someone slated for eternal resurrection to pay.

So if you knew you would be resurrected, you'd have no problem with being crucified naked in front of your family? I doubt you'd survive the first nail without wetting yourself.

Don't worry. Not an ad hominem. I probably wouldn't either.

In other words curtail free will.
Tis God that does that, stiggy!

Romans 3:10
As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one;

Do we have the free will ability to choose between right and wrong on an individual, case by case, basis?

Yes, absolutely
In fact, we do so countless times throughout a lifetime

Are we, however, free to choose a life of perfect sinlessness?

No, not according to scripture!
According to scripture, each and every single one of us {sans Jesus} are sinners by dint of failing to live perfectly sinlessly

It is beyond ridiculous to imagine that 100 billion+ human beings have freely chosen sin over sinlessness and just one person has opted for the opposite

Nope - we are all {Jesus notwithstanding} sinners because God chose that it be this way

And being that living in accordance with God and His expectation/demand of perfect sinlessness is the absolute most integral and important and essential component of life itself - it is perfectly clear that our utter inability, from birth, to do so reflects an absence of 'true' free will

Last edited:
So if you knew you would be resurrected, you'd have no problem with being crucified naked in front of your family? I doubt you'd survive the first nail without wetting yourself.

Don't worry. Not an ad hominem. I probably wouldn't either.
I’m not saying Jesus wouldn't go through panic before enjoying his seat next to the most high any more or less than “drowning babies” wouldn’t panic in the flood. The point was originally yours that the babies enjoy an eternity in paradise, and eternity next to whatever short pain of drowning entails is worth the trade. At least Jesus knew what waited for him afterwards during the painful transition. The people of Noah’s time didn’t believe in an afterlife yet.

The people of Noah’s time didn’t believe in an afterlife yet.
How can you even know that to be true?

On a similar note (the afterlife), Ehrman's book, Heaven and Hell, came in the mail today. I'm going to start reading it this weekend. There's 14 chapters!

Last edited:
Tis God that does that, stiggy!

No. Want me to prove it? Name one thing you are physically capable of doing, that you can't do. Can't do it, can ya?

Romans 3:10
As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one;

Correct. But what's that have to do with your ability to fart but not fly. See above.

Do we have the free will ability to choose between right and wrong on an individual, case by case, basis?

Yes. The ability, not the inclination.

Are we, however, free to choose a life of perfect sinlessness?

For that matter, you're not free to "choose a life" of never breathing. Or never eating. That hardly means you have no free will. You should have used your free will to not type that asinine comment

According to scripture, each and every single one of us {sans Jesus} are sinners by dint of failing to live perfectly sinlessly

More stupidity. You could just have stupidly typed: "We are all eaters by dint of failing to live without eating." No, we are all eaters because we eat. Likewise we are all sinners because we sin.

Nope - we are all {Jesus notwithstanding} sinners because God chose that it be this way

Heh, name one sin God caused you to commit.

Now, instead of pulling your usual method of just starting a new paragraph and ignoring everything I said while launching out to repeat your failed points, respond to each and every thing I said, please.

I’m not saying Jesus wouldn't go through panic before enjoying his seat next to the most high any more or less than “drowning babies” wouldn’t panic in the flood.

I know, instead you said Jesus paid a small price. As if you could have undergone what He underwent with ease.

No. You were questioning one's sense of freedom in to make choices. Go back and read your reply#65:

"The 'sense' of freedom makes us feel good. How do we know that that freedom is real?"
And you replied that we couldn't know that any proof we came up with to prove freewill was "real".
That doesn't seem to be a logical extension of determinism.

And you replied that we couldn't know that any proof we came up with to prove freewill was "real".

Correct.

That doesn't seem to be a logical extension of determinism.

Who said it was?

If you are being held a gunpoint by a thug who tells you that he is going to kidnap one of your daughters standing next to you and that you can decide which one, or he will kill them both on the spot, and you struggle with what free will decision to make, you'll damn sure know the horrifying reality of your free will choice.

Who said it was?
You intimated that it would be in question.

If you are being held a gunpoint by a thug who tells you that he is going to kidnap one of your daughters standing next to you and that you can decide which one, or he will kill them both on the spot, and you struggle with what free will decision to make, you'll damn sure know the horrifying reality of your free will choice.
You'll know the horrifying reality of your "choice". You still won't know if you're making it from free will.

You intimated that it would be in question.

Where? Show me.

You'll know the horrifying reality of your "choice". You still won't know if you're making it from free will.

You mean if you're an idiot you won't. You'll realize that you were not a robot when you did.

And do you really think putting quote marks around the word "choice" makes it no longer a choice?

Back