What's your eternity going to be like?

So, you know that for a fact?

What makes you so certain that you're right about this?
Evidence. Or rather a total absence of credible evidence for anything supernatural, accompanied by a great deal of evidence of fools desperate to invent some way to avoid the annihilation of self after death.

Hell is dark, 1 John 1:5, God is light.

There's only death in hell because God is life, John 1:4

There's only hatred in hell because 1 John 4:16 says God is love.

There's no mercy in hell because Psalm 36:5 says God's mercies are in the heavens

There's no strength in hell because Psalm 18:32 says God gives us strength.

There's no water in hell because Deuteronomy 11:11 says water is the rain of heaven.

There's no peace in hell because Isaiah 9:6 says God is the prince of peace.

There's no understanding, wisdom or knowledge in hell because God gives all three, Proverbs 2:6, Ecclesiastes 2:26, Daniel 2:21.

There's no joy in hell because God gives joy. Ecclesiastes 2:26, Galatians 5:22.

There is no satisfaction in hell because God gives all to enjoy, and be satisfied with. Joel 2:19, 26

There is no comfort in hell because God is comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7.

There are none of the things that make life worthwhile, because God gives all, Acts 14:17.

There is no encouragement in hell because God is the God of encouragement, Romans 15:5

There is no hope in hell because God gives us hope through the scriptures. Romans 15:4.

So, if God removes himself from the situation, all the good goes with him.

You can't have the good without God.

You can't separate the two.

So, if you're the person who says- "I don't want anything to do with God,"

Fine.

There's a place prepared that has nothing to do with him.

It's known as hell and later, the lake of fire.

Neither God, nor we who follow Jesus want you to spend your eternity there. It's why Jesus came.

As it's written,

Joh 3:16-17 WEB 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only born Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him.

Please. Come follow Jesus.

Everything that pertains to life and godliness are with God.

It's described as paradise because in God, Everything that makes life worthwhile, enjoyable, satisfying, God is and gives.
Looks like my eternity is going to be a whole lot better than yours.

There's not one single instance in the biblical narrative that uses the word torture for what happens to people in hell.
It is God inflicting severe pain to punish his victim.

You can call it something else if you like, but that is what it is.

Please provide the source: book, page, reference, etc.... that you get the torture idea from.
Mat 25 and any dictionary.

Evidence. Or rather a total absence of credible evidence for anything supernatural, accompanied by a great deal of evidence of fools desperate to invent some way to avoid the annihilation of self after death.
So, your lack of awareness, in spite of multitudes of other people's experiences, is the basis of your beliefs?

That's like telling me because you're blind, there can't be any colors.

That's not a very bright way to handle it.

Do you simply not care, or not want to know?

It is God inflicting severe pain to punish his victim.
Nope. God doesn't inflict pain.
Unless you really want to remove yourself from God's mercies. In which case, his lack of presence is indeed painful.

Which is exactly what the op is stating.

You can call it something else if you like, but that is what it is.
Mat 25 and any dictionary.

Mat 25:41-46 WEB 41 Then he will say also to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you didn’t give me food to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t take me in; naked, and you didn’t clothe me; sick, and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’ 44 “Then they will also answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and didn’t help you?’ 45 “Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you didn’t do it to one of the least of these, you didn’t do it to me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

so, you think that punishment is torture?

Any dictionary...

OK. Dictionary.com, punishment

1. a penalty or sanction given for any crime or offence​
  2. the act of punishing or state of being punished​
  3. informal
    rough treatment​
  4. psychol
    any aversive stimulus administered to an organism as part of training​
  5. Show me where the torture is stated in the dictionary definition.​

Let's do Merriam Webster.

Better... CAMBRIDGE

Better still.... the legal definition

Psychology Today

Come on Pixie! Give me something to work with here.

I'm not able to find anything that corroborates your opinion.

How desperate are you to inflict your own torture on yourself?
Because it takes serious level of dedication to deliberately choose, knowing full well beforehand to suffer from the lack of everything that God has given us, for an eternity.

Last edited:
What is astonishing to me is that God himself pleads with us to turn to him from our sin.

Eze 18:30-32 WEB 30 “Therefore I will judge you, house of Israel, everyone according to his ways,” says the Lord Yahweh. “Return, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions, so iniquity will not be your ruin. 31 Cast away from you all your transgressions in which you have transgressed; and make yourself a new heart and a new spirit. For why will you die, house of Israel? 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him who dies,” says the Lord Yahweh. “Therefore turn yourselves, and live!

And

Eze 33:7-16 WEB 7 “So you, son of man, I have set you a watchman to the house of Israel. Therefore hear the word from my mouth, and give them warnings from me. 8 When I tell the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you will surely die,’ and you don’t speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man will die in his iniquity, but I will require his blood at your hand. 9 Nevertheless, if you warn the wicked of his way to turn from it, and he doesn’t turn from his way; he will die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your soul. 10 “You, son of man, tell the house of Israel: ‘You say this, “Our transgressions and our sins are on us, and we pine away in them. How then can we live?”’ 11 Tell them, ‘“As I live,” says the Lord Yahweh, “I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why will you die, house of Israel?”’ 12 “You, son of man, tell the children of your people, ‘The righteousness of the righteous will not deliver him in the day of his disobedience. And as for the wickedness of the wicked, he will not fall by it in the day that he turns from his wickedness; neither will he who is righteous be able to live by it in the day that he sins. 13 When I tell the righteous that he will surely live, if he trusts in his righteousness and commits iniquity, none of his righteous deeds will be remembered; but he will die in his iniquity that he has committed. 14 Again, when I say to the wicked, “You will surely die,” if he turns from his sin and does that which is lawful and right, 15 if the wicked restore the pledge, give again that which he had taken by robbery, walk in the statutes of life, committing no iniquity, he will surely live. He will not die. 16 None of his sins that he has committed will be remembered against him. He has done that which is lawful and right. He will surely live.

God is giving us the opportunity, the wherewithal, the warning against choosing death.

What's your eternity going to be like?​

Great question.

In the atheist belief (well, they weirdly tell me some atheists believe in an afterlife) the only word that will suffice is inexistence. What will your eternity be like? Inexistence.

For the believer in Jesus Christ it is a little different. First there will be a feast, and it gets a whole lot better from there.

Great question.

In the atheist belief (well, they weirdly tell me some atheists believe in an afterlife) the only word that will suffice is inexistence. What will your eternity be like? Inexistence.

For the believer in Jesus Christ it is a little different. First there will be a feast, and it gets a whole lot better from there.
It's more than merely a feast.

It's a wedding feast. The Son and his Bride will be married, and then whatever the Father has determined that feast will be.... It's far beyond anything we can fathom.

Then,
By the looks of Revelation 21-22, there will be created a new heaven and a new earth, and the heavenly Jerusalem will come down to earth, and from that point forward....

I'm guessing that we'll be creating a whole new civilization, free from sin, death, corruption, ungodliness.

A civilization that we've all dreamed of at some point in our lives.

Peter describes it as a world wherein only righteousness dwells.

??

Nope. God doesn't inflict pain.
Unless you really want to remove yourself from God's mercies. In which case, his lack of presence is indeed painful.
So when the Bible says Mat 25:46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” exactly who is doing the punishing? I was assuming God, or if not God then a subordinate, which, in a moral sense, is just as bad.

so, you think that punishment is torture?
I think some punishment is torture. The dictionary agrees:

the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, or wounding) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure

You can choose to pretend it is not so, but that does not change the reality. If the Bible is true, your god is torturing billions.

That was the point of the OP, right? You started this thread specifically to tell us God tortures those who reject him.

"There's a place prepared that has nothing to do with him.
It's known as hell and later, the lake of fire."

God created hell, God created the lake of fire. God sends people there to punish them. God chooses for people to suffer horribly for eternity. You think that that is morally right?

So, your lack of awareness, in spite of multitudes of other people's experiences, is the basis of your beliefs?

You seem to be making stuff up. If you ask me a question, at least have the basic honesty to read the answer instead of inventing something that fits your narrative. You asked what my eternity is going to be like. I answered. What you believe your eternity is going to be like, is your business. The difference between what you think and what I think is that what I think fits the evidence we have, whereas what you think is totally dependent on wishful thinking.

So when the Bible says Mat 25:46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” exactly who is doing the punishing? I was assuming God, or if not God then a subordinate, which, in a moral sense, is just as bad.

I think some punishment is torture. The dictionary agrees:

the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, or wounding) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure

You can choose to pretend it is not so, but that does not change the reality. If the Bible is true, your god is torturing billions.

That was the point of the OP, right? You started this thread specifically to tell us God tortures those who reject him.

"There's a place prepared that has nothing to do with him.
It's known as hell and later, the lake of fire."

God created hell, God created the lake of fire. God sends people there to punish them. God chooses for people to suffer horribly for eternity. You think that that is morally right?
Ah, so this has absolutely nothing to do with the truth.
This is about you reverse engineering it to fit your biases.

Well, if you're that dedicated to your torture, you're going to get exactly what you want.

Hell is dark, 1 John 1:5, God is light.

There's only death in hell because God is life, John 1:4

There's only hatred in hell because 1 John 4:16 says God is love.

There's no mercy in hell because Psalm 36:5 says God's mercies are in the heavens

There's no strength in hell because Psalm 18:32 says God gives us strength.

There's no water in hell because Deuteronomy 11:11 says water is the rain of heaven.

There's no peace in hell because Isaiah 9:6 says God is the prince of peace.

There's no understanding, wisdom or knowledge in hell because God gives all three, Proverbs 2:6, Ecclesiastes 2:26, Daniel 2:21.

There's no joy in hell because God gives joy. Ecclesiastes 2:26, Galatians 5:22.

There is no satisfaction in hell because God gives all to enjoy, and be satisfied with. Joel 2:19, 26

There is no comfort in hell because God is comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7.

There are none of the things that make life worthwhile, because God gives all, Acts 14:17.

There is no encouragement in hell because God is the God of encouragement, Romans 15:5

There is no hope in hell because God gives us hope through the scriptures. Romans 15:4.

So, if God removes himself from the situation, all the good goes with him.

You can't have the good without God.

You can't separate the two.

So, if you're the person who says- "I don't want anything to do with God,"

Fine.

There's a place prepared that has nothing to do with him.

You seem to be making stuff up. If you ask me a question, at least have the basic honesty to read the answer instead of inventing something that fits your narrative. You asked what my eternity is going to be like. I answered. What you believe your eternity is going to be like, is your business. The difference between what you think and what I think is that what I think fits the evidence we have, whereas what you think is totally dependent on wishful thinking.
I'm asking you questions.
If you're not actually able or willing to answer them, they why did you engage?

I'm asking you questions.
If you're not actually able or willing to answer them, they why did you engage?

You are not asking any questions. You making snide remarks which fail to recognise the answers I have already given.

A question is denoted by a question mark, thus?.
Of your statements, two are insults without question marks. Two are rhetorical questions, i.e. questions that do not expect or require an answer. Also insulting.

It seems that this thread is just a vehicle for insulting people who don't agree with you. Just like so many threads initiated by Christians. Presumably you have given up trying to persuade non-believers. Instead you try to shore up your own belief by insulting those who don't share it.

By their fruits shall you know them.

Back