What's your eternity going to be like?

...exactly who is doing the punishing?
It's just incredible how one such as yourself can learn nothing, over many years.

I'll only tell you if you promise to remember with a scouts honor. ?

Ok, that's not it, but I never was a scout either so it kinda equals out

You are not asking any questions. You making snide remarks which fail to recognise the answers I have already given.

A question is denoted by a question mark, thus?.
Of your statements, two are insults without question marks. Two are rhetorical questions, i.e. questions that do not expect or require an answer. Also insulting.

It seems that this thread is just a vehicle for insulting people who don't agree with you. Just like so many threads initiated by Christians. Presumably you have given up trying to persuade non-believers. Instead you try to shore up your own belief by insulting those who don't share it.

By their fruits shall you know them.

I'm asking you questions.
If you're not actually able or willing to answer them, they why did you engage?

So, your lack of awareness, in spite of multitudes of other people's experiences, is the basis of your beliefs?

That's like telling me because you're blind, there can't be any colors.

That's not a very bright way to handle it.

Do you simply not care, or not want to know?

Yep. 3 question marks in my post.

And you're right.
By their fruits you'll be known.

This now adds yet a 4th question.

Just what do you think fruit is?

And a reiterating of the 3rd.

Telling me that my questions are snide remarks, and insults tells me that it's you who are making accusations, and have done so because you don't want to know, and have used them as an excuse to hide behind.

A couple things that are important to understand.

Pro 28:4
Those who forsake the law praise the wicked; but those who keep the law contend with them.

Pro 27:5-6 WEB
5 Better is open rebuke than hidden love. 6 The wounds of a friend are faithful, although the kisses of an enemy are profuse.

Psa 141:5 WEB
Let the righteous strike me, it is kindness; let him reprove me, it is like oil on the head; don’t let my head refuse it; Yet my prayer is always against evil deeds.

I recognize that you have chosen to hide, but you need to understand that your sin will find you out, and people who think you matter will confront you about your self-deception.

Num 32:23 WEB
“But if you will not do so, behold, you have sinned against Yahweh; and be sure your sin will find you out.

Heb 4:13 WEB
There is no creature that is hidden from his sight, but all things are naked and laid open before the eyes of him to whom we must give an account.

I get that you don't like thus. But neither God, nor I, nor do any other people who follow Jesus want you to spend your eternity in the lake of fire.
As stated above, God pleads with you to turn to him from your sin, and place your trust in Jesus.

If you are just going to ignore what I said, I will just reciprocate.
Your very first statement in this op was a declaration that you had ignored what I stated...

Post in thread 'What's your eternity going to be like?' https://forums.carm.org/threads/whats-your-eternity-going-to-be-like.14229/post-1105659

"tl;dr"

So, telling me that you are going to continue to ignore my statements just demonstrates that you're not actually engaged in this op.

You're only posting here to accuse.

My op was very clear...

It was a biblical list of attributes, and things that make this life great, which will not be in hell, because those attributes, and things are from God himself, and God won't be there.

That you decided to disregard it, and yet post, shows that dialog and understanding is not your goal here.

It's simply to whine and complain.

The creator of the universe is responsible for the inherent characteristics of everything.

AMEN!

Glad to see you have abandoned your atheistic foolishness to become a Christian. I particularly appreciate your understanding of Calvary; how Christ took responsibility for our sins by BECOMING sin, our most "inherent" characteristic.

Now that you are a newborn creature, let me give you some encouraging advice:

1. Read the Bible daily.
2. Pray as much as possible.
3. Find a biblically based church in which to fellowship with members of the body of Christ.

I'm asking you questions.
If you're not actually able or willing to answer them, they why did you engage?

So, your lack of awareness, in spite of multitudes of other people's experiences, is the basis of your beliefs?

That's like telling me because you're blind, there can't be any colors.

That's not a very bright way to handle it.

Yep. 3 question marks in my post.

And you're right.
By their fruits you'll be known.

This now adds yet a 4th question.

Just what do you think fruit is?

And a reiterating of the 3rd.

Telling me that my questions are snide remarks, and insults tells me that it's you who are making accusations, and have done so because you don't want to know, and have used them as an excuse to hide behind.

A couple things that are important to understand.

Pro 28:4
Those who forsake the law praise the wicked; but those who keep the law contend with them.

Pro 27:5-6 WEB
5 Better is open rebuke than hidden love. 6 The wounds of a friend are faithful, although the kisses of an enemy are profuse.

Psa 141:5 WEB
Let the righteous strike me, it is kindness; let him reprove me, it is like oil on the head; don’t let my head refuse it; Yet my prayer is always against evil deeds.

I recognize that you have chosen to hide, but you need to understand that your sin will find you out, and people who think you matter will confront you about your self-deception.

Num 32:23 WEB
“But if you will not do so, behold, you have sinned against Yahweh; and be sure your sin will find you out.

Heb 4:13 WEB
There is no creature that is hidden from his sight, but all things are naked and laid open before the eyes of him to whom we must give an account.

I get that you don't like thus. But neither God, nor I, nor do any other people who follow Jesus want you to spend your eternity in the lake of fire.
As stated above, God pleads with you to turn to him from your sin, and place your trust in Jesus.
I engage because this is a discussion forum, I am a member, I have something to say and I'm entitled to say it.

Other people's subjective experiences are irrelevant. As I said, the objective, evidence backs my view.

I don't care what happens in other people's heads. As a reason to believe something extraordinary, it is difficult to find a worse.

Something else to bear in mind, quoting Bible verses at an atheist is a waste of bandwidth. It's the second worst reason to believe something extraordinary.

I'll just leave this here for anybody else still paying attention to you.

Being the newborn believer that you are, you are giving us Christians a bad name with your implied belief that two parties cannot take responsibility for the same thing. I hope you're not married with kids.

"Oh, so Junior broke your window playing ball in the back yard, neighbor? Take it up with my wife. Junior is her responsibility."

Hell is dark, 1 John 1:5, God is light.

There's only death in hell because God is life, John 1:4

There's only hatred in hell because 1 John 4:16 says God is love.

There's no mercy in hell because Psalm 36:5 says God's mercies are in the heavens

There's no strength in hell because Psalm 18:32 says God gives us strength.

There's no water in hell because Deuteronomy 11:11 says water is the rain of heaven.

There's no peace in hell because Isaiah 9:6 says God is the prince of peace.

There's no understanding, wisdom or knowledge in hell because God gives all three, Proverbs 2:6, Ecclesiastes 2:26, Daniel 2:21.

There's no joy in hell because God gives joy. Ecclesiastes 2:26, Galatians 5:22.

There is no satisfaction in hell because God gives all to enjoy, and be satisfied with. Joel 2:19, 26

There is no comfort in hell because God is comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7.

There are none of the things that make life worthwhile, because God gives all, Acts 14:17.

There is no encouragement in hell because God is the God of encouragement, Romans 15:5

There is no hope in hell because God gives us hope through the scriptures. Romans 15:4.

So, if God removes himself from the situation, all the good goes with him.

You can't have the good without God.

You can't separate the two.

So, if you're the person who says- "I don't want anything to do with God,"

Fine.

There's a place prepared that has nothing to do with him.

It's known as hell and later, the lake of fire.

Neither God, nor we who follow Jesus want you to spend your eternity there. It's why Jesus came.

As it's written,

Joh 3:16-17 WEB 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only born Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him.

Please. Come follow Jesus.

Everything that pertains to life and godliness are with God.

It's described as paradise because in God, Everything that makes life worthwhile, enjoyable, satisfying, God is and gives.
None of that is true. It’s just a bunch of old scriptures written by folks that didn’t understand much - at all. Bad basis for your life.

Here’s the truth. Remember before you were born? Before you existed? Of course you don’t. That’s the fact of your future - after you once again don’t exist. It’s the evidence of your future.

You can try to convince us of otherwise with the scriptures of an ancient backwater, but we have contemporary facts, the truth, the reality everybody experiences, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Pagans.

Your beliefs are old. Bad. Odd. Irrational. Contrary to all witnessed reality. False. Desperate for the childishness of wanting to live forever. Not worth living a life fearing or thinking about. You live like a gutted zombie, eyes rolled to the back of the head, lumbering forward... always seeking blood... the blood of Jesus.

Last edited:
None of that is true. It’s just a bunch of old scriptures written by folks that didn’t understand much - at all. Bad basis for your life.

Here’s the truth. Remember before you were born? Before you existed? Of course you don’t. That’s the fact of your future - after you once again don’t exist. It’s the evidence of your future.

You can try to convince us of otherwise, but we have facts, the truth, the reality EVERYBODY experiences, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Satanists, Pagans.

Your beliefs are old. Bad. Odd. Irrational. Contrary to all witnessed reality. Desperate. False. Not worth living a life thinking about. You live like a gutted zombie, eyes rolled to the back of the head, lumbering forward... always seeking blood... the blood of Jesus.
Our beliefs are old but that doesn't make them any less applicable to today because mens hearts haven't changed, seeking to do evil all day and night. If I could leave you with one thing it would be this:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Bless you 5wize,

Ldb

Our beliefs are old but that doesn't make them any less applicable to today because mens hearts haven't changed, seeking to do evil all day and night. If I could leave you with one thing it would be this:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Bless you 5wize,

Ldb
The childish desire to live forever. It captures many a fool. Like Cortez gold.... It makes one sick.

Last edited:
So how does our beliefs in an afterlife personally, physically or emotionally, hurt you?
Do your beliefs apply only to you, your own personal fate attached to your own personal belief decision - a wholly self contained belief that never leaks out and applies to anybody else, or do your beliefs apply to the world?

Let me help you.... you said.....

"....those who find the teaching of the cross as foolishness because of that what are they doing? Perishing."
..... no one has an excuse"
“.... we find many who revel in their own depravity"
"... they are sinners, lost and in need of a Savior."

What you wrote was as addressed to me as if you mailed me a letter. You started the fight. Don’t puss-out now by saying, “what’s it to you”.

Last edited:
Do your beliefs apply only to you, your own personal fate attached to your own personal belief decision - a wholly self contained belief that applies only to you, or do your beliefs apply to the world?

Let me help you.... you said.....

"....those who find the teaching of the cross as foolishness because of that what are they doing? Perishing."
..... no one has an excuse"
“.... we find many who revel in their own depravity"
"... they are sinners, lost and in need of a Savior."

What you wrote was to me as if you mailed me a letter. You started the fight. Don’t puss-out now by saying, “what’s it to you”.
I'm happy you at least read what I wrote. But that said, irrespective of what I wrote, which is Biblical, how do those words, written via a keyboard on a PC and posted on an internet Christian website, personally, physically or emotionally harm you? Are you a snow flake? If so perhaps reconsider posting and reading posts and replies on this Christian website.

I'm happy you at least read what I wrote. But that said, irrespective of what I wrote, which is Biblical, how do those words, written via a keyboard on a PC and posted on an internet Christian website, personally, physically or emotionally harm you? Are you a snow flake? If so perhaps reconsider posting and reading posts and replies on this Christian website.
Snowflake..?.... we’ll see who is. I’m here precisely because of what you write. I’m your they, your many, your no one, your those.

So you have your audience... and I call B.S. .... so now what?

You can try to convince us of otherwise with the scriptures of an ancient backwater, but we have contemporary facts, the truth, the reality everybody experiences, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Pagans.

If indeed you HAVE these things, get off your butt and present them to us. I've been reading your stuff for months now and so far all you've presented is a bunch of pseudo-flowery, pseudo-intellectual rhetoric, as we see in this post to which I reply.

Your beliefs are old. Bad. Odd. Irrational.......... False.

Typing a series of negative unelaborated adjectives by which to label the beliefs of billions, many of whom are far brighter than you could ever hope to be, hardly makes you Christopher Hitchens.

Desperate for the childishness of wanting to live forever.

Really? So you think that's a characteristic of children? I seriously doubt that most children ponder either living forever or looking forward to a destiny of complete void and obliteration with no consciousness whatsoever and no relationship with anyone, all of whom would share the universal doom postulated by atheists such as yourself.

You live like a gutted zombie, eyes rolled to the back of the head, lumbering forward.

You have no idea how I live. But I bet it makes you feel like a big tough guy to type pablum like that, doesn't it?

I’m your they, your many, your no one, your those.

And I'm your Huckleberry.

pseudo-flowery, pseudo-intellectual rhetoric....
oooooo... Somebody woke Stiggy up. Pointing out that you had no consciousness before you existed, and you will soon return to that state when you cease to exist again is hardly flowery or pseudo intellectual. It’s evidentiary - the evidence you somehow say I don’t have - yet there it is - every life attests to it. That much hyperbolic rhetoric surrounding a simply stated truth just betrays your desperation.

Last edited:
Back