Faith Alone

How do you when we are received into God’s favor and that our sins are forgiven for Christ’s sake?​

I’m not 100% clear what you’re asking, but in Hebrews 10 it says “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more” as part of the New Covenant. By verse 26, it says if someone goes on sinning after knowing the truth, there isn’t a sacrifice for sin for them. The idea being conveyed is faith and works.

I’m not 100% clear what you’re asking, but in Hebrews 10 it says “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more” as part of the New Covenant. By verse 26, it says if someone goes on sinning after knowing the truth, there isn’t a sacrifice for sin for them. The idea being conveyed is faith and works.

How do you know when you have been received into God’s favor and that your sins are forgiven for Christ’s sake? In other words, how do you receive Christ as your Lord and Savior?

Last edited:

How do you know when you have been received into God’s favor and that your sins are forgiven for Christ’s sake? In other words, how do you receive Christ as your Lord and Savior?

It's a good question.

Believe in the sacrifice of God's Son to cleanse one from sin and unrighteousness and repent of sin, evil, bad things, etc. God is watching, He notices all of this.

Sometimes believers will be imparted with one or more spiritual gifts, signs, visions, etc. These things may act as confirmation that something tangible has happened and that the words on the pages of the Bible are actually true. It's often a personal experience though.

Going forward, one should be walking in a new life where they are avoiding sin. If they sin, they can confess their sins directly to God and God is faithful and just to cleanse that specific person from sin.

The idea isn't just to verbally confess sins audibly, but with the intention of not doing them anymore because it's possible for someone to lose their salvation and fall from grace. However, God is patient and doesn't want anyone to perish. I believe loss of salvation typically happens to those who have completely abandoned the faith and returned to a lifestyle of sin. If there is still hope for someone, God may continue working with them, step by step.

There is a relationship with God. That's the gist of it.

How can Christ be sinless when all of humanities sins were imputed on Christ as he hung on the cross.
Hello Mesenja, first off, the Lord Jesus is "sinless" for the simple reason that He has never sinned.

That said, He was "made sin" (NOT a sinner) by the Father on our behalf, as the Father chose to impute or charge our sins to His Son's account. So, while the Lord Jesus never became an actual sinner, He was treated like one by His Father (so that He could die on the Cross in our stead to atone for/pay the penalty for all of our sins, as the spotless Lamb of God).

Isaiah 53
5 He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.
6 All of us like sheep have gone astray,
Each of us has turned to his own way;
But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all

To fall on Him.​

Likewise, though we will never be righteous on this side of the grave, we are, nevertheless, treated as if we are by the Father, as He chooses to impute or charge His Son's righteousness, the very "righteousness of God", that is, to our accounts (to all who come to saving faith in Him, believing in Him and trusting Him as their Savior, that is).

I hope that helps to explain it a bit. If not, please let me know and I'll try again.

May God bless you as you seek to find Him and know Him!!

~Deuteronomy

2 Corinthains 5
21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Hello again @Mesenja, I'm not sure if this quote (which is one of my very favorite Christian quotes) will be helpful to you or not, but I will post it for you hoping that it will be :) Please be sure to read it carefully (especially the opening sentence) as it has quite a bit to say with an economy of words.

My Hope Lives Not Because I Am A Sinner.jpg

In the simplest terms that I can think of, you pray to Him, acknowledging that you are a sinner, and then you ask Him to forgive you of all of your sins (this took quite a while in my case because I decided to name all of the sins that I could remember committing, and then I asked Him to forgive each of them, one by one .. and then all of the remaining sins that I could not remember, as well). Then I asked Him to become my Savior, and the Lord of my life, surrendering the control/reins of my life to Him (both my present life and my future), trusting that He loves me and knows what is truly best for me (far better than I could ever hope to).

As far as knowing "when" I had been "received into God's favor", it was something that (in my case anyway) happened immediately after I asked Him (believed in and trusted Him) to be my Savior and Lord. I felt like the nearly unbearable weight that I had been carrying around (from the guilt of my sins) had suddenly been lifted off of my shoulders, and it was at that very moment that I ~knew~ that I was saved, because I knew that He had truly forgiven me of ALL of my sins (just like He promises us that He will).

I then asked to be filled with the Holy Spirit and immediately began to be sanctified by Him (by sanctification we mean a Christian's growth in Christlikeness, a process that is still ongoing in my life after more than 36 years of being a believer).

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy
p.s. - if you have any thoughts or questions about any of this, please don't hesitate to share them or ask them :)

Last edited:
In the simplest terms that I can think of, you pray to Him, acknowledging that you are a sinner, and then you ask Him to forgive you of all of your sins (this took quite a while in my case because I decided to name all of the sins that I could remember committing, and then I asked Him to forgive each of them, one by one .. and then all of the remaining sins that I could not remember, as well). Then I asked Him to become my Savior, and the Lord of my life, surrendering the control/reins of my life to Him (both my present life and my future), trusting that He loves me and knows what is truly best for me (far better than I could ever hope to).

As far as knowing "when" I had been "received into God's favor", it was something that (in my case anyway) happened immediately after I asked Him (believed in and trusted Him) to be my Savior and Lord. I felt like the nearly unbearable weight that I had been carrying around (from the guilt of my sins) had suddenly been lifted off of my shoulders, and it was at that very moment that I ~knew~ that I was saved, because I knew that He had truly forgiven me of ALL of my sins (just like He promises us that He will).

I then asked to be filled with the Holy Spirit and immediately began to be sanctified by Him (by sanctification we mean a Christian's growth in Christlikeness, a process that is still ongoing in my life after more than 36 years of being a believer).

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy
p.s. - if you have any thoughts or questions about any of this, please don't hesitate to share them or ask them :)

John 6:53-55
21st Century King James Version

53 Then Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily I say unto you, unless ye eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth My flesh and drinketh My blood hath eternal life, and I will raise him up at the Last Day.

55 For My flesh is meat indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.

Hello again @Mesenja, I'm not sure if this quote (which is one of my very favorite Christian quotes) will be helpful to you or not, but I will post it for you hoping that it will be :) Please be sure to read it carefully (especially the opening sentence) as it has quite a bit to say with an economy of words.

View attachment 3912

I am persuaded that the doctrine of predestination is one of the “softest pillows” upon which the Christian can lay his head, and one of the “strongest staffs” upon which he may lean, in his pilgrimage along this rough road. Charles Spurgeon​

Back