What's your eternity going to be like?

You are not the gatekeeper to what is relevant.
My subjective experience is backed up by objective Facts, as I said. Seems like you are lacking in honesty. That actually is a lie. I have no interest in telling you what to believe or that you should think as I do. That's what Christians do. As always, you write your response according to what you think I said rather than what I did say. You should be less sanctimonious and more honest.
The opinion of various long dead superstitious mystics is equally irrelevant. You quote them as an antidote to the fact that you have nothing real, nothing factual, nothing objective to support your position. Just bronze age poetry.
You are not in a position to decide that. Though clearly, in your hubris, you think that you do. Sanctimonious arrogance and dishonesty. This is what you use to evangelise?
Says the poster who thinks a man can be a woman. There is no evidence presented for your reasoning here

Ah....you're seeking common ground where there is none.
We agree that you have little respect for others when you open your mouth about other people’s lives accusing them of depravity and damnable disposition. I don’t care what your source is.
Real harm? Perhaps develop a thicker skin.
I guess I would suggest the same to you, that you should arm yourself far better than you did here if you're going to so cavalierly flit about painting humanity with damnation and depravity.

This went down just like I thought. You make strong accusations about the dispositions of people on behalf of your lord, you are called to task concerning them... and you fade into... “Hey, what’s your problem?”, and “I don’t have to defend what I say about you - it ain’t me calling you that... it’s the lord”.

I haven’t seen such cowardice, indignation, and impotence when confronted for such spiritual bullying since the Lion got slapped on the nose in the Wizard of Oz.

Last edited:
So, your opinion is that it's only an opinion until it's demonstrated, to your degree of satisfaction with the demonstration, regardless of the fact that it's been repeatedly demonstrated to hundreds of millions, indeed, billions of people throughout history, and they have enjoyed the life, and hope engaging YHVH on his terms has brought them?

How does your opinion carry so much weight, that you'll choose to send yourself to an eternal punishment?

Seems like you just enjoy torment.
Please, don't bother.

if it weren't for Ezekiel 33, 2 Corinthians 5:11, Revelation 20-21:8, Proverbs 27:5-6, 28:4, Psalm 141:5, and several others, I'd agree with you.
But because those passages do exist, as Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 9 about all means.... I'll continue to work through this.

Mat 10:28 WEB Don’t be afraid of those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. Rather, fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.
Again, you possess an abysmal lack of familiarity with the Bible in reference to the topic at hand - which is eternal conscious suffering. Not a single verse you puked up declares anything other than annihilation, death, or no longer existing - even after both the first and second death.

Last edited:
I have faith the Bible is, just as you have faith it isn't so we equally share having an opinion.
What in the Bible could only come from God, rather than man alone? The verses that talk of slavery for example are suspiciously too much in the interest of the men of the time.

I think it really is the issue that Christianity has culturally enjoyed some kind of don’t sass Jesus paradigm.
You can't be serious.
Maybe on CARM it's forbidden to sass Jesus but in the real world, it isn't. I sassed the name of Jesus all the time when I was an atheist. So much so that when I became a Christian, I couldn't even call on the name of Jesus in prayer without feeling like I was using it as a curse. For at least a full year I had to put "Lord" before the name "Jesus or Jesus Christ" so it wouldn't feel like a curse. It's amazing that he loved me and had mercy on me.
Jesus gets the short end of the "sass" stick all the time.

Do you sass the name of Allah?

Last edited:
You can't be serious.
Maybe on CARM it's forbidden to sass Jesus but in the real world, it isn't. I sassed the name of Jesus all the time when I was an atheist. So much so that when I became a Christian, I couldn't even call on the name of Jesus in prayer without feeling like I was using it as a curse. For at least a full year I had to put "Lord" before the name "Jesus or Jesus Christ" so it wouldn't feel like a curse. It's amazing that he loved me and had mercy on me.

There is a difference between the freedom an atheist feels to speak their mind in the modern era and the “aghast” reaction that fundamental Christianity expresses when they are simply countered concerning the terrible things they think about the non-Christian world. They believe either their Christian culture, or God Himself gives them some immunity for their destructive speech and sentiments.

Last edited:
You can't be serious.
Maybe on CARM it's forbidden to sass Jesus but in the real world, it isn't.
The key word was has - it cannot be denied that, for many centuries and until recently, blasphemy was dealt with very harshly, where Christianity held sway.
No, because I grew up surrounded by Christianity.
I regularly use Christianity-derived curses, as a result.

There is a difference between the freedom an atheist feels to speak their mind in the modern era and the “aghast” reaction that fundamental Christianity expresses when they are simply countered concerning the terrible things they think about the non-Christian world. They believe either their Christian culture, or God Himself gives them some immunity for their destructive speech and sentiments.
I truly don't see much of that in the part of the country that I live. It is the other way around.
Do you live in the Bible belt?

The key word was has - it cannot be denied that, for many centuries and until recently, blasphemy was dealt with very harshly, where Christianity held sway.

No, because I grew up surrounded by Christianity.
I regularly use Christianity-derived curses, as a result.
lt should be common courtesy to be respectful of the beliefs of others including atheists.

I truly don't see much of that in the part of the country that I live. It is the other way around.
Do you live in the Bible belt?
It just happened in this thread. Lastdaysbeliever was aghast at my anti-Christian rhetoric. To get to that he had to completely step over and ignore the pile of garbage he dumped in the thread when he declared me and mine damned, reprobate, and depraved - in love with sin. He had to consider such rhetoric on his part as Standard Operating Procedure that I need to just get used to lest I come across as too sensitive.

It looks like he needs to get used to something too now. That’s what’s changing.

I have family in the Bible Belt that we visit regularly.... much different culture. Atheism, Abortion, Gays rights, evolution... all big voodoo, even though it is all around them to no different degree than anywhere else.

Last edited:
lt should be common courtesy to be respectful of the beliefs of others including atheists.
Where those beliefs do not harm those that disagree, I would be more than happy to accommodate.

You don't want to curse, because your religion prohibits it? Fine - don't. More power to you.
You don't want me to curse, because your religion prohibits it? Now, we got a problem.

Why don't you simply ignore them when they proselytize?
Because it's like trying to ignore a pneumatic drill - if ignoring it made it go away, I'd be all for it.

But it doesn't, so I actively combat it.
Doesn't everyone try have their views written into law in a democratic society?
Yes, of course.

But "my imaginary friend says you shouldn't do this" should not be a valid reason for doing so.
If you want something to be a law for all, you have to come up with reasons that appeal to all.
You do the same when you vote, correct?
Indeed.

However, I would not vote for any measure that curtailed activities between consenting adults.
The religious do.

Why don't you simply ignore them when they proselytize?
Why should we? They speak in the public square, on T.V., radio, podcast.... yelling from street corners. If someone I love is listening to this that has never heard it before, and they turn to me with some kind of look in their eyes of “Should I worry about this”?.... I am glad to be there to say no, no you do not.... and here’s why.....

So we meet it in the public square to counter it before it hopefully even gets to that.

Last edited:
We agree that you have little respect for others when you open your mouth about other people’s lives accusing them of depravity and damnable disposition. I don’t care what your source is.

I guess I would suggest the same to you, that you should arm yourself far better than you did here if you're going to so cavalierly flit about painting humanity with damnation and depravity.

This went down just like I thought. You make strong accusations about the dispositions of people on behalf of your lord, you are called to task concerning them... and you fade into... “Hey, what’s your problem?”, and “I don’t have to defend what I say about you - it ain’t me calling you that... it’s the lord”.

I haven’t seen such cowardice, indignation, and impotence when confronted for such spiritual bullying since the Lion got slapped on the nose in the Wizard of Oz.
Obviously you don't know who I am, if you think your characterizations of my character will in some way affect my beliefs about you and those like you.

Obviously you don't know who I am, if you think your characterizations of my character will in some way affect my beliefs about you and those like you.
I never even fantasized changing your mind. What did I miss? There is a paper trail here. I can back every thing I said about you above with posts and their context. What you didn’t count on was somebody calling you on it. Why is that... what privilege do you assume for yourself?

Back