Israel/Palestine

When I said it was your term , I meant that "Holocaust" has connotations in your religion that it does not have in the Jewish religion. It's not a Jewish religious term for a burnt offering at the temple: it's a Christian term. Jews do not use the Greek. And its an English usage for a specific genocide, that everybody understands, so its used in that context.

Me, I'm not keen on the metaphor myself, as I said, and I agree: Shoah is the preferred Hebrew term. tnx!

DO NOT ADVOCATE GENOCIDE!

Last edited by a moderator:
?? Have you nothing to say of the association with the actual meaning of the term??
If it doesn't bother me, why should it bother you? Sometimes people give up their lives for what they believe.

I'm not condoning what was done or any other genocide in recent history.

If it doesn't bother me, why should it bother you?
I’m not so much bothered as I am confused.

I take that back! It does bother me. Why doesn’t it bother you?
Sometimes people give up their lives for what they believe.
So what are you suggesting here? That it was a sacrifice???? Please clarify!

Who gave up their life and for what belief, specifically?

(Tagging @Algor - might be interested in hearing this “perspective”)
I'm not condoning what was done or any other genocide in recent history.
I haven’t suggested that. But, please do clarify your position, so I can be sure you understand the implications here.

Last edited:
I’m not so much bothered as I am confused.

I take that back! It does bother me. Why doesn’t it bother you?
Because we call it Shoah.

So what are you suggesting here? That it was a sacrifice???? Please clarify!
I never said the holocaust was a sacrifice. But the idea of Jews being a living sacrifice and dying for our beliefs doesn't bother me.

Who gave up their life and for what belief, specifically?
For being Jews, our faith.

(Tagging @Algor - might be interested in hearing this “perspective”)

I haven’t suggested that. But, please do clarify your position, so I can be sure you understand the implications here.
You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Because we call it Shoah.

I never said the holocaust was a sacrifice. But the idea of Jews being a living sacrifice and dying for our beliefs doesn't bother me.

For being Jews, our faith.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Being a sacrifice for your faith, this I think I can understand. But then who is the priest? I agree following a metaphor too far always gets one in trouble, but comparing the deaths of innocents to an act of worship is a bit much, no?

Mountain out of a molehill, OK, I can see that.

The first genocide labelled a Holocaust was not what later became called the Holocaust. The term was used to describe the Armenian genocide.
I've seen that claim no where. Historians claim that the Germans used what they described as the "legacy of impunity" drawn from the precedent setting paradigm of the Armenian genocide to sear their own consciences while committing the same atrocity on the Jews and undesirables.
The term is pretty clearly a metaphor: everything is burned, consumed.
The French don't use the Greek-derived term "holocaust," but the actual Jewish term Shoah, which means "utter destruction/whole burnt offering." Most English speakers don't associate "holocaust" with religious ritual. Precious few English translations are using the term any more, although some French translations do.

One of the most eye-opening documentaries on a little known facet of the Holocaust, what the Germans did in the Ukraine, was done by French Father Patrick Desbois. It was called Holocaust by Bullets/La Shoah par Balles

The Wiki article has a handy little history. But if you like thinking of Jews as sacrifices to a deity, go for it. It's a nauseating perspective, but whatever floats your boat.
If you don't consider the slaughter of innocent human life for a purpose "human sacrifice" you're sugarcoating the atrocity that it was. Those who were intent on slaughter were inhuman ghouls driven with fiendish purpose.

Last edited:
Rotfl... no, I've just proven my points. ;)
You still deceive yourself. You don't prove anything, but you illustrate what is blocking your ability to see, as Jesus, your Messiah explained. Unless you are born again, you will never be able to see.

That's why you go away after a while.
No, my friend, and I do call you friend for your continued contribution. I have to go away during the school year, because I have less time on my hands. I left the Jewish forum because our conversations were becoming redundant, and neither of us want to waste time reiterating.

Added to the fact that your posts always require more thought, more reflection and more time...a good thing, but I do not want our conversations to degrade to glib, meaningless repartee.

The will isn't changed. It stays as is.
Before the death of the testator, the will is a piece of paper, meaningless but for the promise it contains. Upon the death of the testator, the will is enacted upon. That's what happened when Jesus said, "It is finished." The Greek is actually what was said when a debt was paid or a contract completed: It can be translated "Paid in full."

Not on our part.
Your part is to misunderstand. It wasn't always, but now the misunderstanding must be enforced. You were forewarned and the new covenant was foretold both by Jeremiah and Ezekiel...remarkably parallel promises, both equally ignored by your enforced misunderstanding.

Luke was never a historian.
Reputable historians and archaeologists disagree. You have no claim.

Actually, Paul is recorded as a liar and involved in murder in the NT.
Actually, your petty, churlish insults never work with me. Paul knew Judaism better than you do, since Rabbinical Judaism had to make things up from scratch when the temple and the priesthood were destroyed.

It doesn't exist in Tanakh.
I just showed you it did...You're stuck back in de Nile.

Then keep learning.
Still a trifling peevish, aren't you?...you're suggesting you have nothing to learn? Keep learning.

Then follow the law that leads to life.

And yet Torah says unclean food defiles. And yet Jesus sat on the flush. What a god. ;) 1 Kings 18:27.
You're not Elijah. You're embarrassing yourself in your childish blasphemies. Why do you do that? It's like you're goading us to see if you can raise up more disrespect from me? Do you really want less respect? It only reveals your own insecurity.

I've made no idols, certainly not one of a vail of flesh as you have, Exodus 34:17.
Then you're not Jewish and you have no understanding. Daniel understood, and he never divorced himself from the sin of his people. You have Ahaz and Menasseh to deal with and all the atrocities they committed. You're not exempt, and you have no sacrifice to cover but what your rabbis made up once you were forced to abrogate the law of sacrifices.

Which would be what?
Philistine.

Sorry I can't return the complement. ;)
Your handicaps are abundantly clear. it comes with being a curmudgeon.

I've seen that claim no where. Historians claim that the Germans used what they described as the "legacy of impunity" drawn from the precedent setting paradigm of the Armenian genocide to sear their own consciences while committing the same atrocity on the Jews and undesirables.

Note the date: 1895.

The French don't use the Greek-derived term "holocaust," but the actual Jewish term Shoah, which means "utter destruction/whole burnt offering." Most English speakers don't associate "holocaust" with religious ritual. Precious few English translations are using the term any more, although some French translations do.
KJV uses it, and KJV still get around!
One of the most eye-opening documentaries on a little known facet of the Holocaust, what the Germans did in the Ukraine, was done by French Father Patrick Desbois. It was called Holocaust by Bullets/La Shoah par Balles

If you don't consider the slaughter of innocent human life for a purpose "human sacrifice" you're sugarcoating the atrocity that it was. Those who were intent on slaughter were inhuman ghouls driven with fiendish purpose.
Um, OK, but my point of discomfort is that a Holocaust was to a specific deity by specific priests. Its a bit much for me to think on the Holocaust as priests sacrificing to the Jewish Deity IMHO. But if it floats your boat, whatever.

Jacob didn't call him God.
EDITED--RULE 12

. Jacob said, Gen 32:30"So Jacob named the place Peniel, saying, 'Indeed, I have seen God face to face, and yet my life was spared.'" He calls Him אֱלֹהִים֙.

State the verse.
Just did. Jacob was smarter than you, and he did not call a man or an angel God. You just deny what he actually said, because your religion demands that you be blind to God's claims and His Law.

Go for it. I recommend creating a thread in the Judaism forum instead of here. I've already addressed these points here. Send me a link.
I don't have to find where God makes sukkoth with Israel. Not for your sake. And I'll go to the Jewish forum when I can give it the time your threads deserve. I hate glib non-answers to the deeper issues you keep raising.

It's been a waste so far.
Because this is what that looks like. Kindness and respect are lost on you...your religion does not require it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't understand why you have to lie...but I observe that you must. Jacob said, Gen 32:30"So Jacob named the place Peniel, saying, 'Indeed, I have seen God face to face, and yet my life was spared.'" He calls Him אֱלֹהִים֙.

Just did. Jacob was smarter than you, and he did not call a man or an angel God. You just deny what he actually said, because your religion demands that you be blind to God's claims and His Law.

I don't have to find where God makes sukkoth with Israel. Not for your sake. And I'll go to the Jewish forum when I can give it the time your threads deserve. I hate glib non-answers to the deeper issues you keep raising.

Because this is what that looks like. Kindness and respect are lost on you...your religion does not require it.
Kindness and respect aren't required by Judaism?

If they are required by Christianity you just failed that one.

I've answered all. At this point you're repeating. Before you speak, think of your hypocritical answers and stance on your NT and god.

Another hypocritical response.

You accept myths in the NT, mythological births, a god that sends to hell all who don't believe in him and kills in plagues, you have prostitutes as "friends", etc.
Where is your god? You've answered nothing. Working "behind the scenes" is a dumb answer! According to the Jews, your god has not been seen(or heard) since the destruction of the 2nd temple. Whom Jesus prophesized would be destroyed! Yet Jesus is not a prophet recognized by the Jews. hmmmmmm You think by building the 3rd temple your god will magically appear again?lol

Just like in all cases, people have a choice to believe or not. Terah chose to believe in other gods.
Ummmm wasn't your god with Adam? Wasn't your god with Noah? When did their blood line turn to pagan gods?lol I guess they didn't believe all the hype?lol
It was his track record.

Speculation!
Humans need gratitude, not God.

Ohhh I guess that's how they showed gratitude to god! By sacrificing their first born son? But wasn't your god the one that told him to sacrifice his son in the first place? Why would a powerful being that is benevolent ask for such a thing? Bottom line. A real GOD wouldn't. A mortal on the other hand?? Yes it was customary to sacrifice things and burn incense to pagan gods.
Seth and Abel didn't have eternal life. You're questions are ridiculous.
Neither did Cain! Your answers are out to left field.lol

The verse says he was a man.
Okay, therefore it was a mortal man that gave Abraham the land. What I've been saying all along. ;)

No, God Himself gave the land. You still have a problem with the roles of messengers.

No the man did not talk about god as a third person! He said he himself gave them the land. Therefore looks like according to your logic? You did not get the land from god. It was most likely a dowry from Sarah's father who was most likely a powerful King. Gave him his own kingdom to rule.

No, ours only needs one time to make it right. ;)

You mocked the Christians for waiting 2,000 years, you've been waiting for 2,500 years and your gods been missing in action for 2000 of those years. And I'm the hypocrite?lol

Rotfl... there is no idea of anti Messiah. Against God. Get real.

Yet your ancestors murdered him(and all the prophets and His disciples) and to this day still speak ill of Him AND Christianity. Yup, that's as anti-as you can get.
Rotfl... no need for bacon.

Speak for yourself! I love bacon!!
You can't even stay on point. What value has Canada added to the world?

A Canadian discovered Insulin and wanted to give it away for free. Something a Jew would never do.lol
I really don't care for anything you have to say on this or any subject.

Of course not. You can remain ignorant in your blind faith. ;)
The middle east doesn't need your help especially when you are "friends" with prostitutes.

Awww your jealous because guys like you have to pay for their time.LMAO!!

So, you admit that there is an ancestral, historical truth to what Palestinians claim. Cool!

Ya it's called modern history, not a claim from a fairytale. ;)
Dude, you've been hypocritical from that start, hiding the fact that your god kills, sends to hell, you hold to myths in the NT, and a fake birth of your messiah, "befriend" prostitutes and project that to others.

You've been the highest level of hypocrite during our discussions.
LOL. I'm still waiting for you to show me where my GOD or Jesus told anyone to do anything evil. You can't. Yours on the other hand? Slaughters women and children, babies, and anyone else who doesn't bow down to worship him.

I dont mind if you want to believe in unicorns and Santa Claus. But when your beliefs are harmful to other human beings, it becomes a problem!

Back