CARM: How to be born again

I can repeat myself, too....:

Ignoring the CONTEXT again...

John 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

"NOT of the will of man".
sorry that concerns the act of regeneration

it is something God must do

Receiving Christ is what man did prior to being regenerated

those who received him received that right

it is regeneration which makes one a child of God

5) The “children of God.”—Those who are “begotten of God” are ipso facto “children of God” (tékna theoú, Jn 1:12; 11:52; 1 Jn 3:1, 2, 10; 5:2).1

1 R. Law, “Johannine, Theology, The,” ed. James Orr et al., The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia (Chicago: The Howard-Severance Company, 1915), 1703.

CHILDREN OF GOD. Persons in this category are only those who of the fallen race are regenerated as a result of faith in Christ1

1 Merrill F. Unger, “Children of God,” ed. R.K. Harrison, The New Unger’s Bible Dictionary (Chicago: Moody Press, 1988).

Children of God (tekna theou). In the full spiritual sense, not as mere offspring of God true of all men (Acts 17:28). Paul's phrase huioi theou (Galatians 3:26) for believers, used also by Jesus of the pure in heart (Matthew 5:9), does not occur in John's Gospel (but in Rev. 21:7). It is possible that John prefers ta tekna tou theou for the spiritual children of God whether Jew or Gentile (John 11:52) because of the community of nature (teknon from root tek-, to beget). But one cannot follow Westcott in insisting on "adoption" as Paul's reason for the use of huioi since Jesus uses huioi theou in Matthew 5:9. Clearly the idea of regeneration is involved here as in John 3:3.

Word Pictures in the New Testament.

Vincent agrees

Sons (τέκνα)

Rev., more correctly, children. Son is υἱός. Τέκνον, child (τίκτω, to bring forth), denotes a relation based on community of nature

Word Studies in the New Testament.

τέκνα θ. γενέσθαι] The spiritual life owes its beginning to a birth from above, ch. 3:3–7. And this birth is owing to the Holy Spirit of God; so that this is equivalent to saying, ‘As many as received Him, to them gave He His Holy Spirit.’ And we find that it was so: see Acts 10:44.

Henry Alford, Alford’s Greek Testament: An Exegetical and Critical Commentary (vol. 1; Grand Rapids, MI: Guardian Press, 1976), 684.

Ignoring the CONTEXT again...

John 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

"NOT of the will of man".
again that refers to the act of regeneration

not receiving christ

Galatians 3:26 (KJV) — 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

it is by faith one becomes a child of god

one does not become a child of god so as to have faith

you reverse the biblical order as well as conflate regeneration and the act of receiving Christ

Children of God (tekna theou). In the full spiritual sense, not as mere offspring of God true of all men (Acts 17:28). Paul's phrase huioi theou (Galatians 3:26) for believers, used also by Jesus of the pure in heart (Matthew 5:9), does not occur in John's Gospel (but in Rev. 21:7). It is possible that John prefers ta tekna tou theou for the spiritual children of God whether Jew or Gentile (John 11:52) because of the community of nature (teknon from root tek-, to beget). But one cannot follow Westcott in insisting on "adoption" as Paul's reason for the use of huioi since Jesus uses huioi theou in Matthew 5:9. Clearly the idea of regeneration is involved here as in John 3:3.

Vincent agrees

Sons (τέκνα)
Rev., more correctly, children. Son is υἱός. Τέκνον, child (τίκτω, to bring forth), denotes a relation based on community of nature

τέκνα θ. γενέσθαι] The spiritual life owes its beginning to a birth from above, ch. 3:3–7. And this birth is owing to the Holy Spirit of God; so that this is equivalent to saying, ‘As many as received Him, to them gave He His Holy Spirit.’ And we find that it was so: see Acts 10:44.
Henry Alford, Alford’s Greek Testament: An Exegetical and Critical Commentary (vol. 1; Grand Rapids, MI: Guardian Press, 1976), 684.

(5) The “children of God.”—Those who are “begotten of God” are ipso facto “children of God” (tékna theoú, Jn 1:12; 11:52; 1 Jn 3:1, 2, 10; 5:2).1

1 R. Law, “Johannine, Theology, The,” ed. James Orr et al., The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia (Chicago: The Howard-Severance Company, 1915), 1703.

CHILDREN OF GOD. Persons in this category are only those who of the fallen race are regenerated as a result of faith in Christ1

1 Merrill F. Unger, “Children of God,” ed. R.K. Harrison, The New Unger’s Bible Dictionary (Chicago: Moody Press, 1988).

again that refers to the act of regeneration

not receiving christ

Galatians 3:26 (KJV) — 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

it is by faith one becomes a child of god

one does not become a child of god so as to have faith

you reverse the biblical order as well as conflate regeneration and the act of receiving Christ

Vincent agrees

Sons (τέκνα)

(5) The “children of God.”—Those who are “begotten of God” are ipso facto “children of God” (tékna theoú, Jn 1:12; 11:52; 1 Jn 3:1, 2, 10; 5:2).1

No it don't. Not one of your sources says verse 13 refers to regeneration alone. Instead of cutting ans pasting you should actually read your sources.

I see verse 12 referred to. Not verse 13. Good try though.
verse 13 concerns the act of regeneration

verse 12 reception of Christ

Verse 13 is not of man's will

verse 12 is of mans will

John 1:12–13 (KJV 1900) — 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

verse 13 concerns the act of regeneration

verse 12 reception of Christ

Verse 13 is not of man's will

verse 12 is of mans will

John 1:12–13 (KJV 1900) — 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
I agree. And regeneration has nothing to do with your will. It plays no part which includes your choices. There is no such thing as "decisional regenerstion".

I agree. And regeneration has nothing to do with your will. It plays no part which includes your choices. There is no such thing as "decisional regenerstion".
Verse 12 refutes you

John 1:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Galatians refutes you

Galatians 3:24 (KJV 1900) — 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

1cor refutes you

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV 1900) — 15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:1–11 (KJV 1900) — 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

James refutes you
James 1:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Peter refutes you

1 Peter 1:23–25 (KJV 1900) — 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

The Holy Spirit regenerates a person under the impact of the gospel message. Peter claimed that believers have been born again “through the living and enduring word of God” (1 Pet 1:23 NIV), which is “the word that was preached to you” (1 Pet 1:25 NIV). James stated that God “chose to give us birth through the word of truth” (Jas 1:18 NIV). God speaks through the gospel to summon people to Himself and enables them to respond in faith, thus forming the context in which regeneration occurs (Dunn, Baptism, 37–38).1

1 Kirk R. MacGregor, “Regeneration,” The Lexham Bible Dictionary (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016).

Verse 12 refutes you

John 1:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Galatians refutes you

Galatians 3:24 (KJV 1900) — 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

1cor refutes you

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV 1900) — 15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:1–11 (KJV 1900) — 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

James refutes you
James 1:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Peter refutes you

1 Peter 1:23–25 (KJV 1900) — 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

The Holy Spirit regenerates a person under the impact of the gospel message. Peter claimed that believers have been born again “through the living and enduring word of God” (1 Pet 1:23 NIV), which is “the word that was preached to you” (1 Pet 1:25 NIV). James stated that God “chose to give us birth through the word of truth” (Jas 1:18 NIV). God speaks through the gospel to summon people to Himself and enables them to respond in faith, thus forming the context in which regeneration occurs (Dunn, Baptism, 37–38).1

1 Kirk R. MacGregor, “Regeneration,” The Lexham Bible Dictionary (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016).
No, it don't. Cutting and pasting the same crap does not help you. They never mention the text in question.

Try to stick to the text at hand. I know it's hard but give it a try instead of running off somewhere else.

No, it don't. Cutting and pasting the same crap does not help you. They never mention the text in question.

Try to stick to the text at hand. I know it's hard but give it a try instead of running off somewhere else.
You ran from scripture

and lest you forget you spoke of decisional regeneration

by which it seems you deny there is a decision to be made before regeneration

all these show there is

Verse 12 refutes you

Galatians refutes you

1cor refutes you

James refutes you

Peter refutes you

and you are just running

You ran from scripture

and lest you forget you spoke of decisional regeneration

by which it seems you deny there is a decision to be made before regeneration

all these show there is

Verse 12 refutes you

Galatians refutes you

1cor refutes you

James refutes you

Peter refutes you

and you are just running
Verse 12 does not refute verse 13. LOL

Do you affirm decisional regeneration?

Verse 12 does not refute verse 13. LOL

Do you affirm decisional regeneration?
you addressed nothing

you addressed nothing

And you answered nothing. Show me where decisional regeneration is taught in scripture. Choose to be regenerated. Show us

And you answered nothing. Show me where decisional regeneration is taught in scripture. Choose to be regenerated. Show us
read the post

God regenerates those who believe the gospel

read the post

God regenerates those who believe the gospel

Sorry. It does not say that. Use parentheses.

Sorry. It does not say that. Use parentheses.
yeah actually it does

deal with the scriptures

Note john 1:12
John 1:12 (KJV 1900) — 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Gal 3:26
Galatians 3:26 (KJV 1900) — 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

not John 1:10 and not Gal 3:24

yeah actually it does

deal with the scriptures

No it does not. Quote it. "God regenerates those who believe the gospel". Let's see it

So he posted in a thread, posting the thread itself.

Endless loop: See, "loop, endless".

Loop, Endless: "See, "Endless loop".

This is very accurate for a description of his posting style.

Back