DEBATE: Is prayer to Mary & the saints worship?

I'm guessing you will tell me that your teacher is the Holy Spirit, and yes, I will keep believing that ;)

Right back atcha
You just keep praying to the dead. I'm sure they will answer your prayers. :rolleyes:
I will stick to praying to God.

You just keep praying to the dead.
Dead? There bodies, yes, their spirits? Alive and well, as the Book of Revelation shows.

I'm sure they will answer your prayers. :rolleyes:
Only God answers prayers ;)

I will stick to praying to God.
Amen! Just make sure when you are in any kind of trouble and you feel like asking others to pray for you, make sure you stop that thought. If your Church has a prayer list or prayer warriors, tell you pastor to stop this unbiblical behavior! We as individuals should only pray to God and not ask others to pray for us!

Again, is the Holy Spirit your teacher?

Not worship. Prayer, an earnest hope or wish, is what is going on here. As others have shown on this thread, as well as Catholics a billion times on the Catholic thread.

When I ask my mother to pray for me is that worship? When I ask my wife to pray for me is that worship? When my Church has the names of those who need prayer and are asking for our prayers, is that worship?

Dead? There bodies, yes, their spirits? Alive and well, as the Book of Revelation shows.
Agree
Only God answers prayers ;)
Correct!! So why pray to the dead? Maybe some hope for you.
Amen! Just make sure when you are in any kind of trouble and you feel like asking others to pray for you, make sure you stop that thought. If your Church has a prayer list or prayer warriors, tell you pastor to stop this unbiblical behavior! We as individuals should only pray to God and not ask others to pray for us!
Really? Wow. SMH. Asking people to pray TO God for you and (a Sin -Deut 18:10-13) are two different things.
Again, is the Holy Spirit your teacher?

DEBATE: Is prayer to Mary & the saints worship?​

So why pray to the dead? Maybe some hope for you.
Death does not separate the Body of Christ. We pray, an earnest hope or wish, to one if Heaven is no different than asking you to pray for me.

Asking people to pray TO God for you and (a Sin -Deut 18:10-13) are two different things.
When we pray, an earnest hope or wish, to the Saints in Heaven, this is exactly what we are doing, asking people to pray for us.

Not worship.
Prayer to God is worship. Recognizing He is God. The only person to pray to.
Prayer, an earnest hope or wish, is what is going on here. As others have shown on this thread, as well as Catholics a billion times on the Catholic thread.
Is that only why you pray to God? (also dead saints for you) Kind of selfish. Only Pray (ask) God for your hopes and wishes. (He is not a genie though)
When I ask my mother to pray for me is that worship?
No. You are asking her to pray FOR you. See the difference? I know you can. Will you deny it?
When I ask my wife to pray for me is that worship?
No. You are asking her to pray FOR you. See the difference? I know you can. Will you deny it?
When my Church has the names of those who need prayer and are asking for our prayers, is that worship?

Come on. You know the truth. Stop believing you denominations lies that you can pray TO the dead.

Death does not separate the Body of Christ. We pray, an earnest hope or wish, to one if Heaven is no different than asking you to pray for me.
Is that all prayer to God is for you? Pretty selfish.
They are dead on earth. They are not God. Can't here you!!!!
When we pray, an earnest hope or wish,
Is that all prayer to God is for you? Pretty selfish.
to the Saints in Heaven,
They can't hear you. P.S. (It is a sin - Deut 18:10-13)
this is exactly what we are doing, asking people to pray for us.
Except they can't hear you!! P.S. (It is a sin - Deut 18:10-13)

Prayer to God is worship. Recognizing He is God. The only person to pray to.
I don't disagree. Although, in the context of "prayer" to the Saints, it is not worship. Worship is not the only definition of prayer.

Is that only why you pray to God?
Nope, the first definition of prayer, a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or an object of worship.
Of course, Orthodox do not worship objects so you can scratch out the last 5 words of the definition ;)
You are asking her to pray FOR you.
This is what we ask the Saints in Heaven to do for us. See the difference? I know you can. Will you deny it?
Come on. You know the truth. Stop believing you denominations lies that you can pray TO the dead.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Sorry, all I can do is laugh! I'll stick with two thousand years of Christian teaching and Scriptural interpretation, but thanks!

Yes, and Scriptural interpretation is the key. You don't have to answer this simple questions, is the Holy Spirit your teacher? This is a completely valid questions since I have shown you the Church's interpretations of the Scriptures, which we see as coming from the Holy Spirit. Why do you not interpret these Scriptures and the early Christian Church did? Did the Holy Spirit tell you it is wrong? The Holy Spirit told the early Christians this was right.

I don't disagree. Although, in the context of "prayer" to the Saints, it is not worship. Worship is not the only definition of prayer.
Can't pray to dead people. It is a sin.
Nope, the first definition of prayer, a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or an object of worship.
Of course, Orthodox do not worship objects so you can scratch out the last 5 words of the definition ;)
Of course you do. Otherwise you would not have icons in you buildings. keep lying to yourself.
This is what we ask the Saints in Heaven to do for us. See the difference? I know you can. Will you deny it?
Dead. They are dead. They can't hear you. See the difference? I know you can. Will you continue to deny it?
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Sorry, all I can do is laugh! I'll stick with two thousand years of Christian teaching and Scriptural interpretation, but thanks!
So praying to the dead is funny to you? God does not find it a laughing matter.
Deut 18:10-13 '10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For whoever does these things is detestable to the Lord; and because of these detestable things the Lord your God will drive them out before you. 13 You shall be [a]blameless before the Lord your God."
Yes, and Scriptural interpretation is the key. You don't have to answer this simple questions, is the Holy Spirit your teacher? This is a completely valid questions since I have shown you the Church's interpretations of the Scriptures, which we see as coming from the Holy Spirit. Why do you not interpret these Scriptures and the early Christian Church did? Did the Holy Spirit tell you it is wrong? The Holy Spirit told the early Christians this was right.
Rabbit trail. I get it though. You've seen the truth presented (NO praying to the dead. It is a sin) and want know more of it.

DEBATE: Is prayer to Mary & the saints worship? YES​

Can't pray to dead people. It is a sin.
Dead? Flesh, sure. Spirit, no. Death does not separate the Body of Christ.

Of course you do.
We only worship God, nice try! Take a tour of your local Orthodox Church. The priest would be happy to do so.

Otherwise you would not have icons in you buildings. keep lying to yourself.
Like I have family photos on my wall? We don't worship icons. Learn Orthodoxy so you are not ignorant of Orthodox practice. Every Orthodox in the world would laugh at this comment, as I do.

So praying to the dead is funny to you?
Boy, I get tired of this, those who die in Christ are not dead. They are alive and well in Heaven with Christ. Do you deny this?

Rabbit trail.
You just don't want to answer the question I guess.

There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,
Amen! None of this happening in the Orthodox Church.

or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead.
Amen! None of this happening in the Orthodox Church.

Dead? Flesh, sure. Spirit, no. Death does not separate the Body of Christ.

We only worship God, nice try! Take a tour of your local Orthodox Church. The priest would be happy to do so.

Like I have family photos on my wall? We don't worship icons. Learn Orthodoxy so you are not ignorant of Orthodox practice. Every Orthodox in the world would laugh at this comment, as I do.

Boy, I get tired of this, those who die in Christ are not dead. They are alive and well in Heaven with Christ. Do you deny this?
Dead to you. Alive in heaven. They can't hear you. You ignore the Word of God by trying to contact them (Deut 18:10-13). But I'm sure you will listen to the serpent when he says, ' Did God say?'
You just don't want to answer the question I guess.
Just as expected. Ignoring the Word of God for your traditions. Making excuses for your icons. Word play so you can pray to dead people. Try all you want, it is a sin. Deut 18:10-13

They can't hear you.
Sure they can. Those in Heaven are bringing the prayers of those on Earth to God, Revelation 5:8.

You ignore the Word of God by trying to contact them (Deut 18:10-13).
This is sorcery, not asking for the intercession of the Body of Christ in Heaven.

But I'm sure you will listen to the serpent when he says, ' Did God say?'
Nice try. You know not of what you speak of when it comes to the Orthodox Church.

Ignoring the Word of God for your traditions.
Sorry, not ignoring the Word of God here :)

Making excuses for your icons.
Not at all. God commanded Moses to use and make images. Images were in the Temple also :)

Word play so you can pray to dead people. Try all you want, it is a sin. Deut 18:10-13
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nice try. You know nothing of the intercession of the Saints. It is very Biblical. Why do you not trust the Scriptures? Why do you follow the traditions of men? I mean, the early Christians asked for the intercession of those in Heaven for 1500 years.

Back