Wallace on textual criticism....

If you want to present the data, I will comment on it, but you have to include the "LXX" manuscripts with their theorized production dates and highlight the specific words of interest.
So you can't compare Acts 8:32 to Isa 53:7 within your own translation of choice, the KJV? As we have discussed before, they are not the same and are noticably different.

Why don't you explain the differences and provide the "production dates" and etc? You continue to deflect. If you have a problem reading your own copy of the KJV, and insist upon me pointing out the obvious differences...... then why not start with how

1. Sheep and lamb are reversed from Isa 53:7 and Acts 8:32?
2. The pronoun problem of Isa 53:7 using "her" and Acts 8:32 using "it's".

1. Sheep and lamb are reversed from Isa 53:7 and Acts 8:32?
2. The pronoun problem of Isa 53:7 using "her" and Acts 8:32 using "it's".

Acts 8:32 (AV)
The place of the scripture which he read was this,
He was led as a sheep to the slaughter;
and like a lamb dumb before his shearer,
so opened he not his mouth:

Isaiah 53:7 (AV)
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth:
he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb,
so he openeth not his mouth.

Luke describes the spot read by the eunuch.

Now you can list all the Greek Old Testament manuscripts we have from before the 1st century with this Isaiah text.

Now you can list all the Greek Old Testament manuscripts we have from before the 1st century with this Isaiah text.

You're ignoring what Luke said they were READING....

Acts 8:32 specifically states... He READ.... What were they reading?

You did this last time.... You don't believe what you READ in the KJV.

By the way, I never read the KJV until I was child. As old as I am, I'm not claiming the KJV didn't exist until I READ it...

You're ridiculous Avery. So utter ridiculous. It is preposterous what you're peddling..

Last edited:

Are you suggesting that you can list all the Hebrew Old Testament manuscripts from before the 1st century that you have with this Isaiah text and can you read them?

Are you suggesting that you can list all the Hebrew Old Testament manuscripts from before the 1st century that you have with this Isaiah text

No such suggestion.

We are comparing to the Masoretic Text, which is defined quite precisely in most all verses, including Isaiah 53:7, and is the source for the AV Old Testament.

The Codex Sinaiticus text is very interesting at Acts 8:32.

No such suggestion.

We are comparing to the Masoretic Text, which is defined quite precisely in most all verses, including Isaiah 53:7, and is the source for the AV Old Testament.

The Codex Sinaiticus text is very interesting at Acts 8:32.
Nonsense. The KJV OT contains LXX readings. You continue to prove you don't know this subject.

Please share what you find "interesting" about Sinaiticus in Acts 8:32.

Also, please explain how you KJVO teaching is true when the KJVO contradicts itself from Isa 53:7 and Acts 8:32...

Your position on inerrancy is suspect here...

Please share what you find "interesting" about Sinaiticus in Acts 8:32.

This is one of the spots where Sinaiticus shows familiarity and connection with the Hebrew Masoretic text. It matches the MT in the otder of lamb and sheep.

Differing from Vaticanus.

Each one of these Hebraic connection spots is interesting, and we plan to look at other prophetic fulfillment verses.

Last edited:
This is one of the spots where Sinaiticus shows familiarity and connection with the Hebrew Masoretic text. It matches the MT in the otder of lamb and sheep.

Differing from Vaticanus.

Each one of these Hebraic connection spots is interesting, and we plan to look at other prophetic fulfillment verses.
I've reviewed all the sources for Acts 8:32 many times before. I don't know what you're reading but you're wrong. I just reviewed Sinaiticus again.

From Sinaiticus @ Acts 8:32
As a sheep for slaughter was he led;
and as a lamb before his shearer is dumb

You posted the "AV" copy yourself.....

Isa 53:7

You might want to read it again....

I've reviewed all the sources for Acts 8:32 many times before. I don't know what you're reading but you're wrong. I just reviewed Sinaiticus again.

https://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/...chapter=8&lid=en&side=r&verse=32&zoomSlider=0

From Sinaiticus @ Acts 8:32
As a sheep for slaughter was he led;
and as a lamb before his shearer is dumb

The English text on the CSP site is frequently not the translation of the Sinaiticus text.
They took it from a hybrid book that made changes.

The Greek transcription is usually accurate,

Last edited:
The English text on the CSP site is frequently not the translation of the Sinaiticus text.
They took it from a hybrid book that made changes.

The Greek transcription is usually accurate,
That is ridiculous. Provide your corrections to the English translation with evidence of inaccuracies.

That is ridiculous. Provide your corrections to the English translation with evidence of inaccuracies.

I haven’t checked it, I am just teaching you that the CSP English is totally unreliable. James Snapp and I have pointed this out many times over the years.

You should be thankful to learn that about the CSP English.

I haven’t checked it, I am just teaching you that the CSP English is totally unreliable. James Snapp and I have pointed this out many times over the years.

You should be thankful to learn that about the CSP English.
Teaching me.....
You made the blind claim. Why did you make this claim without validation?

While I have few issues with James Snaap, he isn't an authority on the subject. He is a man just like you are. We are all prone to mistakes. You should triple check any reference before you make such extraordinary claims. Don't waste my time with such bogus nonsense.

Just admit you're out of your element dealing with these ancient languages. You're obviously struggling with Acts 8:32. I go where the facts lead me. You have an illusion your need to maintain. Just walka away from the nonsense.and give in the truth. Your head will not explode to admit you're wrong and God will be pleased.

You have a silly infatuation with the Byzantine tradition. Not that anyone can proclaim purity to the traditions of men. Witnessing the variation in reproduction of the texts is important. It is this variation that exposes the hearts of men. No matter what we desire most, we must remain true to evidence. No matter if that evidence does not support what we desire..

This approach is not satisfactory to many people. It may not satisfy their fleshly desires.

If you watch the video before it was taken down, you would have seen that Wallace mentioned the fact that even Ehrman has said that textual variants themselves do not destroy the Christian faith.

There are many variants which are highly significant toward important doctrines which Christians have. I have noticed this is often misrepresented. For example, Wallace likes to argue that 99% of the variants are insignificant to try and minimize the problem and spin the facts to make things appear well and good. But this 99% is just counting every single spelling error and the like. Nobody cares about those things and this kind of spin misrepresents the reality. Let's talk about significant types of variants (like we have at John 1:18 for example). How about Wallace tells everyone how MANY significant variants like these do exist in their Bibles and which do indeed have a considerable degree of impact upon important doctrines (Wallace never talks about that problem). I have only started to make a list and its getting quite large. For example, there are at least two dozen highly significant variants (two dozen verses) which have huge impact toward the doctrine of the Trinity. That's just concerning one single doctrine. But nobody wants to mention THOSE facts concerning the variants.

People need to get with reality and quit playing games.

My faith does not stand in the mistakes of men. When I talk of errors and mistakes it is to expose the hearts and desires of men to forget their mistakes at the expense of their humility.

There is plenty of blame to go around. We can start with ourselves.

This approach is not satisfactory to many people. It may not satisfy their fleshly desires.

There are many variants which are highly significant toward important doctrines which Christians have. I have noticed this is often misrepresented. For example, Wallace likes to argue that 99% of the variants are insignificant to try and minimize the problem and spin the facts to make things appear well and good. But this 99% is just counting every single spelling error and the like. Nobody cares about those things and this kind of spin misrepresents the reality. Let's talk about significant types of variants (like we have at John 1:18 for example). How about Wallace tells everyone how MANY significant variants like these do exist in their Bibles and which do indeed have a considerable degree of impact upon important doctrines (Wallace never talks about that problem). I have only started to make a list and its getting quite large. For example, there are at least two dozen highly significant variants (two dozen verses) which have huge impact toward the doctrine of the Trinity. That's just concerning one single doctrine. But nobody wants to mention THOSE facts concerning the variants.

People need to get with reality and quit playing games.

Playing games?

Like pretending John 1:18 is the "cornerstone" of all Christianity? Take John 1:18 out of the book. Remove it completely NOTHING changes....

Just so you know, John is appealing to the LXX here from Exodus 3:14 to establish that Jesus Christ was "Uniquely" God.

It has been a while since I've interacted with you. From what I remember, you seem to believe you're just like Jesus. Do you care to point to some news articles confirming your "Unique" abilities that you share with Divinity? I mean everyone is still talking about Jesus accomplished thousands of years later. You.... not so much.

Playing games?

Yes, like your next comment.

Like pretending John 1:18 is the "cornerstone" of all Christianity? Take John 1:18 out of the book. Remove it completely NOTHING changes....

How did you manage to interpret my comment "like we have at John 1:18 for example" as the ""cornerstone"" of all Christianity?

Playing games? Yes, playing games.

And how did you manage to overlook THIS comment?....

"there are at least two dozen highly significant variants (two dozen verses) which have huge impact toward the doctrine of the Trinity."

Just so you know, John is appealing to the LXX here from Exodus 3:14 to establish that Jesus Christ was "Uniquely" God.

Where did you get that from? Your imagination?

It has been a while since I've interacted with you. From what I remember, you seem to believe you're just like Jesus. Do you care to point to some news articles confirming your "Unique" abilities that you share with Divinity? I mean everyone is still talking about Jesus accomplished thousands of years later. You.... not so much.

Well, we all now know that you like to play games.

Back