Rethinking the doctrine of "hell"

Clearly from Genesis to Revelation, the word states that the wicked die, perish, or are destroyed. Completely indisputable. Those who say otherwise are preaching a false doctrine. Beware.

In Revelation it says every sort of sinner will have their place in the lake of fire where they will be tormented night and day forever and ever amen.

Where do you propose the everlasting punishment takes place, where their torment rises forever and forever?

Matt 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Referred to as "The lake of Fire", since Hell is only temporary.

He sounds like a Christadelphian. They do not believe in heaven or hell.
Thanks...

They do not believe as to be having real faith, not being made able to know the reality of heaven and hell.
So? They seek rationalized self justification, rather than correction by the truth.

Last edited:
Why to reject the doctrine of "Hell".

Second, notice that "hell" is absent where it should be present in Genesis 3. This is the passage where Adam is condemned.

Hell was absent because what Adam did was not warranting Hell.

What you fail to see?

Those animal skins the Lord provided as clothes? Animal's blood needed to be shed to supply them.
The Lord made atonement for the sins of Adam and the woman.

The man and the woman were punished for their disobedience, not unjustly condemned simply for having sinned.

Condemnation is reserved specifically for those who reject God all together.. like Satan and his angels did.

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

Romans 8:1​

There is God's condemnation for all who REJECT Jesus Christ.

Its subtle at times. For some do not reject 'the concept' of there being Jesus Christ.
But, they do reject accepting sound faith by being able to perceive who Jesus really is.

..........religion is Satan's ace trump.

Hell was absent because what Adam did was not warranting Hell.

What you fail to see?

Those animal skins the Lord provided as clothes? Animal's blood needed to be shed to supply them.
The Lord made atonement for the sins of Adam and the woman.

The man and the woman were punished for their disobedience, not unjustly condemned simply for having sinned.

Condemnation is reserved specifically for those who reject God all together.. like Satan and his angels did.

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

Romans 8:1​

There is God's condemnation for all who REJECT Jesus Christ.

Your argument leaves out the key part of Paul's claim. What Paul is arguing is that "There is NOW no condemnation". His whole point is that People were condemned before, regardless of their relationship with God but not condemned now for those in Christ Jesus.

Earlier in Romans Paul establishes what the condemnation is in reference to, and it is specifically in regards to Adam's sin rather than this "Satan and his angels" nonsense.

5:18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Your clam that "Condemnation being reserved specifically for those who reject God altogether." is simply not supported by the text, and is specifically contradicted by Paul.

Your argument leaves out the key part of Paul's claim. What Paul is arguing is that "There is NOW no condemnation". His whole point is that People were condemned before, regardless of their relationship with God but not condemned now for those in Christ Jesus.

Earlier in Romans Paul establishes what the condemnation is in reference to, and it is specifically in regards to Adam's sin rather than this "Satan and his angels" nonsense.

5:18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Your clam that "Condemnation being reserved specifically for those who reject God altogether." is simply not supported by the text, and is specifically contradicted by Paul.

I think what Paul said at that point doesn’t go far enough because he didn’t say that there couldn’t ever be condemnation for those in Christ Jesus ever again, but rather he seems to mean that those who go from unsaved to saved are currently not under condemnation.

That seems to be the most accurate way to parse what Paul said, especially since he explains ways that Christians can come under condemnation in other places.

I think what Paul said at that point doesn’t go far enough because he didn’t say that there couldn’t ever be condemnation for those in Christ Jesus ever again, but rather he seems to mean that those who go from unsaved to saved are currently not under condemnation.

That seems to be the most accurate way to parse what Paul said, especially since he explains ways that Christians can come under condemnation in other places.

Condemnation unto what?

There is a sin unto death. But, that applies only to a believer.

If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death,
you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin
does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying
that you should pray about that."
1 John 516

Not all condemnation is the same.

Hell is out of the question once one is saved.

Condemnation unto what?

There is a sin unto death. But, that applies only to a believer.

If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death,
you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin
does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying
that you should pray about that."
1 John 516

Not all condemnation is the same.

Hell is out of the question once one is saved.

Unless one can fall from grace, which they can.

Unless one can fall from grace, which they can.

Falling from grace means you began walking in the energy of the flesh. That is when the Holy Spirit becomes grieved and quenched.
You begin to walk as your old unbeliever self.... Yet, we have been sealed with the Spirit and He will not leave.

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.
For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me,
but raise them up at the last day." John 6:37-39​

Grace is the Holy Spirit's enabling and control that frees us up to act and think by God's transformational intake of sound teaching. We are to walk in grace and truth to please God.

Where do you propose the everlasting punishment takes place, where their torment rises forever and forever?

Matt 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
well ? I assume that this so called " hell " means, not Heaven, not with The One True God, not in Paradise/Heaven/Gods Dwelling Place.

John 3:16 says only believers have eternal life.
The eternal life that is in Christ. Jesus also spoke about everlasting punishment in contrast to life eternal...but the Greek word used is the same for eternal and everlasting
Matthew 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
To be alive forever in any way, forever in hell, would be eternal life and introduce a contradiction to scripture.
Not a contradiction to the scripture but a contradiction to your thinking.
Daniel 12:2
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
So your interpretation can't be accurate.
It is your interpretation sir. Jesus sends people to everlasting fire
Matthew 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
You think the goats are going to Vegas.

That question doesn’t follow.
It does follow.If there is no more death then everyone is alive some in Christ and some in contempt...Daniel spoke about this long before jesus came...
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
After death is destroyed there won’t be any additional deaths.
Sir, Jesus conquered death when he was resurrected to life. All the dead will be resurrected to stand judgment...
Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
The dead aren’t eternally alive to begin with.
In the second resurrection, they are.
Revelation 20:13
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
This all occurs post-resurrection, hence why Jesus said this:

Luke 20:35-36
35But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.
That is the first resurrection.
Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
At the second death every evil thing goes to the lake of fire. Even death and hell. Therefore, no one can die anymore. They would be tormented for ever and ever. So unless you think that for ever and ever is shorter than eternal, you have no case.

in the lake of fire prepared for the devil and his angels. Even death and hell go there.
Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Notice the contrast,

One group is raised and judged positively to everlasting life.

One group is raised and judged negatively and they don't have everlasting life, meaning they will die again. What is eternal is the contempt for them.
The negative group goes to the lake of fire...
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The eternal life that is in Christ. Jesus also spoke about everlasting punishment in contrast to life eternal...but the Greek word used is the same for eternal and everlasting
Matthew 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Not a contradiction to the scripture but a contradiction to your thinking.

It is your interpretation sir. Jesus sends people to everlasting fire
Matthew 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
You think the goats are going to Vegas.

Trust me, we can go round and round in circles until the end of time on this. I’ll never change on this because the scripture never changes. 100% guaranteed.

So unless you have some sort of verse that says everyone has eternal life in hell who isn’t saved, or death isn’t the eternal punishment, or that you don’t need the gospel for eternal life then you don’t have a case. Since I already know you don’t have what is required to make it a biblically viable doctrine, I know you’re preaching falsehoods on this point.

Trust me, we can go round and round in circles until the end of time on this. I’ll never change on this because the scripture never changes. 100% guaranteed.
I am not asking you to change; I am asking you to acknowledge the facts...Matt 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
So unless you have some sort of verse that says everyone has eternal life in hell who isn’t saved, or death isn’t the eternal punishment, or that you don’t need the gospel for eternal life then you don’t have a case.
All I need is a verse saying everlasting punishment.Matt 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Death has already been conquered.
Since I already know you don’t have what is required to make it a biblically viable doctrine,
You are making Jesus a liar. Is everlasting punishment everlasting or not?
I know you’re preaching falsehoods on this point.
You know no such thing. You think everlasting punishment is a day in Vegas.

The negative group goes to the lake of fire...

Yep. And they are dead. When you toss somebody into a lake of fire, they typically burn to ash and exist no more.

The dead come from three places, the sea, death, and hell. Death and hell are thrown into the lake of fire, and the sea will exist no more.

It seems there are lots of places for dead people to be.

Yep. And they are dead.
No they are not; they have been resurrected. They have been judged and sent to the lake of fire . Death is in the lake of fire; it has no sting and can't make anyone dead.
When you toss somebody into a lake of fire, they typically burn to ash and exist no more.
No one dies in that lake of fire. Death has been conquered and cannot make anyone die.
The dead come from three places, the sea, death, and hell. Death and hell are thrown into the lake of fire, and the sea will exist no more.

It seems there are lots of places for dead people to be.
Those were resurrected. It is appointed to man once to die after is the judgment. Judgement is eternal punishment since death has lost its sting.

Back