Pope backs civil unions

organgrinder

Well, it is one step closer for the RCC to recognize sacramental same-sex marriage. I see a news story today saying the Pope is calling for civil unions between same sex couples. Just another example of the church conforming to the world instead of the proclaiming the truth of God's word and standing as a beacon of truth in a depraved society. Here we go......... https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...om-vatican-doctrine/ar-BB1ag1zi?ocid=msedgdhp

Last edited:
Well, it is one step closer for the RCC to recognize sacramental same-sex marriage. I see a news story today saying the Pope is calling for civil unions between same sex couples. Just another example of the church conforming to the world instead of the proclaiming the truth of God's word and standing as a beacon of truth in a depraved society. Here we go......... https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...om-vatican-doctrine/ar-BB1ag1zi?ocid=msedgdhp
Italian film about pope and interviewing the pope and cardinals released at Italian film festival has the pope encouraging civil unions for gay couples.

I wondered when this thread would show up. Francis is off the rails, even for a catholic. And thats saying a lot. He already has cardinals and bishops on him for a letter he wrote years ago and not a one of them could 'take it to the church' and get an audience with him. Now this. Catholic heads must be exploding. Wonder how many carm catholics will defend him and his heresy?

I wondered when this thread would show up. Francis is off the rails, even for a catholic. And thats saying a lot. He already has cardinals and bishops on him for a letter he wrote years ago and not a one of them could 'take it to the church' and get an audience with him. Now this. Catholic heads must be exploding. Wonder how many carm catholics will defend him and his heresy?

"VATICAN CITY—Pope Francis has been criticized for getting his Catholic theology exactly backward on numerous social issues. But one cardinal noticed that during the Pope's morning devotionals, he was holding his Bible entirely upside down.

Now, commentators believe this is why the Pope said same-sex couples should be able to have civil unions earlier this week. It all makes sense, they say.

"Oh, man! No wonder I've been getting it wrong all these years!" said an embarrassed Pope Francis, head in his hands. "I was wondering why my theology was always diametrically opposed to historic Christian teaching."

"Boy, is my face red!"

After getting his Bible turned the right way, the Pope immediately condemned same-sex relations, environmental extremism, Joe Biden, and critical race theory. He also converted to Protestantism and endorsed Donald Trump for president."

babylonbee.com/news/embarrassed-pope-suddenly-realizes-hes-been-reading-the-bible-upside-down-this-whole-time

"VATICAN CITY—Pope Francis has been criticized for getting his Catholic theology exactly backward on numerous social issues. But one cardinal noticed that during the Pope's morning devotionals, he was holding his Bible entirely upside down.

Now, commentators believe this is why the Pope said same-sex couples should be able to have civil unions earlier this week. It all makes sense, they say.

"Oh, man! No wonder I've been getting it wrong all these years!" said an embarrassed Pope Francis, head in his hands. "I was wondering why my theology was always diametrically opposed to historic Christian teaching."

"Boy, is my face red!"

After getting his Bible turned the right way, the Pope immediately condemned same-sex relations, environmental extremism, Joe Biden, and critical race theory. He also converted to Protestantism and endorsed Donald Trump for president."

babylonbee.com/news/embarrassed-pope-suddenly-realizes-hes-been-reading-the-bible-upside-down-this-whole-time
I absolutely love the babylonbee

Francis was only advocating for a legal protection of homosexual couples. Not endorsing gay marriage. Similar to the Church's stance against violence against abortion facilities and staff.

Francis was only advocating for a legal protection of homosexual couples. Not endorsing gay marriage. Similar to the Church's stance against violence against abortion facilities and staff.
You might want to go back and read the story. He endorsed civil unions of same sex couples. To what do you think that refers? It may not be a sacramental marriage but it sure is a civil one. He will ok sacramental marriage next, something Catholics on CARM said he would never do. Well, he is only one step away.

You might want to go back and read the story. He endorsed civil unions of same sex couples. To what do you think that refers? It may not be a sacramental marriage but it sure is a civil one. He will ok sacramental marriage next, something Catholics on CARM said he would never do. Well, he is only one step away.
Sacramental 'gay' marriage will never happen. The Pope was simply proposing a contract to protect a form of union in the legal sense from exploitation, discrimination and the like. Those are issues that impact on the basic human rights of these people.

Sacramental 'gay' marriage will never happen. The Pope was simply proposing a contract to protect a form of union in the legal sense from exploitation, discrimination and the like. Those are issues that impact on the basic human rights of these people.
These people is a derogatory way to speak of people. No this is a gateway step to sacramental gay marriage.

You don't get it do you? His position is at odds with both the Bible and historical Christianity. Sacramental gay marriage will be next. You can bank on it.

Back