What do Episcopalians think about Bishop Ragsdale?

Bonnie

Episcopalian Church Priest Becomes President of National Pro-Abortion Organization | LifeNews.com

She has stated that some of her greatest heroes are abortionists.

She doesn't deserve to be a bishop in any church. And I don't think she even deserves to be called a "woman."

I just remember where the Bible says "woe unto those who call evil, good, and good, evil." That may be a slight paraphrase.

May God help her and may she repent of her stance and lifestyle and turn to Jesus Christ to be saved!

She doesn't deserve to be a bishop in any church. And I don't think she even deserves to be called a "woman."
Don't you mean "any church of God?" (Act 20:28, 1Co 1:2, 1Co 10:32, 1Co 11:16, 1 Co 11:22, 1Co 15:9, 2Co 1:1, Gal 1:13, 1Ti 3:5).

The angel conceded the synagogue of satan was in opposition to the church of God (Rev 3:9). The existence of the one infers the other. It's a spiritual issue. The question for Episcopalians is, do they discriminate and if so, at what point?

It's turned irrelevant when it started blessing gay marriage and turning a blind eye to abortion.

On most things Islam is dead wrong. Can't read the article due to a paywall, but I have to agree with the initial statement, that same sex marriage does have a negative impact on children.

Can't read the article due to a paywall...
Here are some relevant bits from that article (not that I pay money to the Telegraph which is a very liberal newpaper - you can copy an article if you're very quick with the select and copy function).

"The Association of British Muslims (ABM) has written to the Most Rev Justin Welby regarding its “concern about the teaching of sexual identity politics in schools, including Church of England schools” and “the lack of open and inclusive discussions regarding the traditional understanding of marriage within faith communities”.

"Church officials have warned that the concerns could see children withdrawn from Church of England schools.

"The letter, seen by The Telegraph, came after Church of England bishops rejected calls to allow same-sex marriages in churches at a meeting in January, following six years of debate and consultation, and instead agreed to offer blessings after a civil partnership or marriage.

"The decision prompted backlash from equality campaigners, some of whom accused the church of discrimination and comes amid heightened tensions and divisions within the Church of England.

"The ABM letter, written by Paul Salahuddin Armstrong, its managing director, warned the Archbishop: “If the current proposal by the bishops is implemented, every Church of England primary school will teach that both heterosexual and homosexual marriages have equal validity, starting from this summer.

“While it is acknowledged that the law of the United Kingdom recognises the validity of both types of marriages, it is important to note that many faith communities, both locally and globally, still hold to the traditional definition of marriage as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary, ‘the formal union of a man and a woman, as recognised by law, by which they become husband and wife’.

“As people of faith, it is important to ensure that we have a voice in matters that pertain to our beliefs and practices. This includes the traditional family structure, which many consider to be a fundamental aspect of our faiths.”

Muslim pupils ‘could leave CoE schools’

"The ABM letter, written by Paul Salahuddin Armstrong, its managing director, warned the Archbishop: “If the current proposal by the bishops is implemented, every Church of England primary school will teach that both heterosexual and homosexual marriages have equal validity, starting from this summer.

“While it is acknowledged that the law of the United Kingdom recognises the validity of both types of marriages, it is important to note that many faith communities, both locally and globally, still hold to the traditional definition of marriage as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary, ‘the formal union of a man and a woman, as recognised by law, by which they become husband and wife’.

“As people of faith, it is important to ensure that we have a voice in matters that pertain to our beliefs and practices. This includes the traditional family structure, which many consider to be a fundamental aspect of our faiths.”

"Last month, the Archbishop revealed that he would personally not bless gay marriages so as to remain a figure of “unity” for the worldwide Anglican Communion and conservative Christians within it." [Unity doesn't come by the practice of hypocrisy.]

On most things Islam is dead wrong...
One of the ironies of this is that Islam is principally a system of law, not faith. The deception of their false prophet was to secretly introduce justification by law contrary to Hab 2:4 and which is why Islam is never to be put into the same category as Christianity. For most of history Islam has been regarded as on a par with paganism due to the lack of any requirement for faith. As to "law," Romans 2:14 is applicable here. ("Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law.")

Thus gay-marriage has historically contravened the law of many non-Christian countries, because it is also contrary to natural law as well as biblical law, as Paul insinuates in Roms. There remains law in Christianity also, the law of Christ, Galatians 6:2, 1 Cor 9:21, which is also opposed to gay marriage. This is why the CofE (house of bishops) is worse than pagan - completely apostate in fact.

Last edited:
All UK pupils should be homeschooled imo.

If one watches the synod proceedings the attitude of the bishops and the organisers is hateful, whilst they wax lyrical about unity and love and faith.
The Living in Love and Faith course was neither living in love for God, nor faith in Christ Jesus.

The archbishiop of york was given a passioned plea to keep the gospel once delivered and he responded by waffling on about some developmental doctrine and concluded by telling the candidate to read the New Testament.

Anyone upholding traditional values is at risk of being reported to the police as a hate criminal by these hypocrites.

cf. Mr. Sam Margrave was reported to the police for committing a hate crime by his bishop, the Rt. Rev. Christopher Cocksworth of Coventry last week.

It’s just harassment now and trying to silence me,” Mr. Sam Margrave noted.

"At a demonstration outside of Lambeth Palace held on the evening of 23 January 2023, Archbishop Welby promised gay activists he would crack down on clergy whom activists believed “preach messages that harm LGBT people” so he could “deal with” the issue. Mr. Margrave, though a layman, appears to be the first victim of the archbishop’s promised purge of Bible-believing church leaders who dispute the new narrative that same-sex genital relations are not sin."

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
Mr Sam Margrave
Reference 87282
2 February 2023

Dear Sam,

Our attention has been drawn to your comments on Twitter over the last few weeks.

We have read the comments. We have also both received correspondence about your comments, as have others in the Church. It is clear that the comments you have made have caused other members of the Church to feel intimidated, bulhed and distressed and we are dismayed by this. Not only have the things you’ve said lacked nuance, they have failed to distinguish between serious allegations of criminal behaviour of specific individuals and the wider law-abiding LGBTQI- community.

We are writing as Archbishops to rebuke such behaviour and to ask that you:

• apologise publicly for your language and the offence it has caused;

• moderate your language in future on social media so that it remains within the spirit of the Code of Conduct for Members of the General Synod;

• refrain from making generahsed allegations of the behaviour of LGBTQI+ people.

Membership of the General Synod is a privilege and a way in which we serve before God. Our code of conduct requires us to behave to “the highest Professional Standards of integrity in order to maintain public trust and confidence". I trust that we can expect you to display this.

Yours sincerely,

By email:
The Most Revd & Rt Hon Justin Welby The Most Revd & Rt Hon Stephen Cottrell Archbishop of Canterbury Archbishop of York

[source]

Last edited:
Who do the archbishlopes think are these lgbtqi+ people. Nothing in the Bible. God desires all come to Him, why the people groups?
There are some Christian brothers and sisters who have same sex attraction who are celibate for the Kingdom, do the archblishops think they are Christian or lgbtqi+?

Since the Bishops have abandoned the faith many churches are considering withholding funds. This will probably be the Biblical ones which are some of the major contributors.

I think that is a good thing because the CofE will now wither on the vine

Bishop of Coventry, Christopher Cocksworth, was the Chair of the Living in Love and Faith project whereby the archbishops of Canterbury and York, Justin Welby and Stephen Cottrell respectively, said in a joint foreword to the “Living in Love and Faith” resources that the church had caused, and continued to cause, “hurt and unnecessary suffering to LGBT people" in 2020.

(The House of Bishops’ first report on homosexuality in 2017 came after a three-year process in which parishioners and clergy met to discuss their views on homosexuality. It said that gay church members should be permitted “maximum freedom”.)

cf. Paul's teaching 1 Cor 5:1-5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you .. and you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,[a][b] so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

[Nb: Paul not concerned with the destruction of the flesh of the immoral.]

[source]

Last edited:
Reactions: BMS
Bishop of Coventry, Christopher Cocksworth, was the Chair of the Living in Love and Faith project whereby the archbishops of Canterbury and York, Justin Welby and Stephen Cottrell respectively, said in a joint foreword to the “Living in Love and Faith” resources that the church had caused, and continued to cause, “hurt and unnecessary suffering to LGBT people" in 2020.

(The House of Bishops’ first report on homosexuality in 2017 came after a three-year process in which parishioners and clergy met to discuss their views on homosexuality. It said that gay church members should be permitted “maximum freedom”.)

cf. Paul's teaching 1 Cor 5:1-5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you .. and you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,[a][b] so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

[Nb: Paul not concerned with the destruction of the flesh of the immoral.]

[source]
Excellent posts. Sadly the Archbishop of York thinks we should read the New Testament

The Trinity comes from various passages in the NT, not least John 14-17 where Jesus is in the Father, and the Father in Him, and sends the Holy Spirit. Where does same sex blessings come from? NOWHERE. The acorn becomes a cactus. How utterly inept can a bishop get?

The CoE is going the wither on the vine. They have let wolves in among the sheep. Serious Christians are not going to put up with endorsing gross immorality like this. They have become worse than pagans.

Episcopalian Church Priest Becomes President of National Pro-Abortion Organization | LifeNews.com

She has stated that some of her greatest heroes are abortionists.

I just remember where the Bible says "woe unto those who call evil, good, and good, evil." That may be a slight paraphrase.

May God help her and may she repent of her stance and lifestyle and turn to Jesus Christ to be saved!
She'll reap as she's sown.

Back