Hell's Daily Body Count

According to Matt 10:28, the body and the soul are perishable. However; though
the body is perishable by any means, the soul is perishable only by divine means;
i.e. the deaths of body and soul aren't necessarily simultaneous, viz: the soul lives
on until such a time as God decides to give it either a thumb up or a thumb down.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 14 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 1,051,666 new arrivals have
checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Feb 04, 2021.
_

According to Matt 10:28, the body and the soul are perishable. However; though
the body is perishable by any means, the soul is perishable only by divine means;
i.e. the deaths of body and soul aren't necessarily simultaneous, viz: the soul lives
on until such a time as God decides to give it either a thumb up or a thumb down.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 14 days have elapsed since beginning the thread.
If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park,
then something like 1,051,666 new arrivals have
Your Opening Post and your follow up posts are based on unproven assumptions.

______________________________________________________________________________________
"According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters
pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been
making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and
journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that
be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I
say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is
the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate
and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen."___Dan101

_________________________________________________________________________________________

You incorrectly assume that Luke 13:22-24 and Matthew 7:13-14 and Matthew 22:14 are
historically predictive
for the future of the human race and you assume that Jesus was not
speaking ONLY to that particular unbelieving and murderous 1st century generation
of Jews that rejected their Messiah and said "We have no king but Caesar" and about
Jesus they said, "Crucify Him, crucify Him."

You also incorrectly assume that you know where Jesus said the majority of humans go after
they die - when in fact you do not know and can not know. God, through the supernatural
power of the Holy Spirit, has access to every human heart on the planet 24/7/365 and there
are gospel tracts all over the entire world and they have been translated into every known
language -- even some of those small Amazon Jungle tribes with only about 100 members
have the gospel available to them.

So?

So you do not know how many come to believe in Jesus as their Savior before
they die -- worldwide.

So?

So you do not know where people go when they die.

You simply do not know.

Therefore you do NOT know how many humans are ending up in what you call Hades which by the way
is not the same place as that garbage dump located outside of Jerusalem in the 1st century. That
garbage dump called "Gehenna" -- is translated as "Hell" in the New Testament. And Hades the
realm of the dead is not the place Jesus referred to as Hell that is as Gehenna.

"Gehenna (/ɡɪˈhɛnə/, /ɡəˈhɛnə/[1]) or Gehinnom (literally translated as "Valley of Hinnom") is thought to be a small valley in Jerusalem. In the Hebrew Bible, Gehenna was initially where some of the kings of Judah sacrificed their children by fire.[2] Thereafter, it was deemed to be cursed (Book of Jeremiah 7:31, 19:26).[3]"

Gehenna - Wikipedia

JAG

``

Mark 9:47-48 . . If your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. It is better to enter
the kingdom of God half blind than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell; where
the worm never dies and the fire never goes out.

The "hell" in that passage is a different Greek word than the "hell" of Luke 16:19
31. That one is haides (hah'-dace) which is an afterlife sphere where all the dead
go; both the good dead and the bad dead regardless of age, race, color, gender or
religious preference. This word here in Mark is geena (gheh'-en-nah) which is
where only the bad dead will end up some day: likely the lake of brimstone
depicted at Rev 20:11-15

Anyway; Christ's instructions didn't reveal anything new. He simply reiterated
information that had already been released by an Old Testament prophet roughly
700 years before.

Isa 66:22-24 . . From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to
another, all mankind will come and bow down before me-- speaks the Lord. And
they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against Me:
their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome
to all mankind.

That rather ghastly scene depicts a sort of tourist attraction similar to the La Brea
Tar Pits museum in Los Angeles where the remains of prehistoric creatures,
excavated from ancient asphalt deposits, are on display.

A worm that thrives in brimstone is pretty amazing, but not unreasonable. The 4
inch Pompeii worm lives in sea water temperatures of 176° Fahrenheit; hot enough
to kill salmonella and sanitize an egg. So I guess if God could create a worm like
the Pompeii, it shouldn't be too difficult for Him to create worms that like it even
warmer.

FAQ: The human body is organic. So then, how can it survive the heat as perpetual
nourishment for those worms?

A: The laws of nature are not absolute. They were created in the first chapter of
Genesis to control the behavior of created matter, and as such are easily
manipulated by the one who designed them.

For example: fire totally incinerated the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah but left
unscathed a desert shrub that Moses encountered in the Sinai outback while
tending his father-in-law's sheep. (Ex 3:1-3)

Compare Dan 3:8-27 where a blistering hot fire didn't even so much as singe the
clothing of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego while slaying the guards that threw
them in the furnace.

FAQ: Won't the worms eventually exhaust their food supply?

A: There are incidents in the Bible where small amounts of food stuffs were
miraculously multiplied. One example is 1Kgs 17:8-16 where a tiny bit of flour and
oil nourished Elijah and a widow woman, and her son, for a good many days during
a time of prolonged drought.

Another incident is at 2Kgs 4:1-7 where a certain widow's husband died and left her
deeply in debt. God multiplied her last pot of oil sufficiently to sell enough to pay off
her debts, thereby saving her two sons from slavery.

No; I'm pretty sure those worms won't need to worry about running out of human
remains with which to sustain themselves.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 17 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 1,277,023 new arrivals have
_

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 17 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 1,277,023 new arrivals have

"If"__Dant01
The figures in your Opening Post are NOT in the ball park, so your conclusions
are nothing but pure guesswork. Worse, guesswork based on incorrect assumptions.
The words of the Lord Jesus mentioned in your Opening Post are NOT
historically predictive of the future of the Human Race. They are NOT historically
predictive of the future of God's John 3:16-Human-Race-Love-Project-Planet-Earth.

At the end of human history , , ,
Does this below sound like only a few are saved?

"After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:
“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”
Revelation 7:9-10

JAG

Mark 9:47-48 . . If your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. It is better to enter
the kingdom of God half blind than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell; where

The "hell" in that passage is a different Greek word than the "hell" of Luke 16:19
31. That one is haides (hah'-dace) which is an afterlife sphere where all the dead
go; both the good dead and the bad dead regardless of age, race, color, gender or

700 years before.

they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against Me:
their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome
to all mankind.

That rather ghastly scene depicts a sort of tourist attraction similar to the La Brea

inch Pompeii worm lives in sea water temperatures of 176° Fahrenheit; hot enough
to kill salmonella and sanitize an egg. So I guess if God could create a worm like
the Pompeii, it shouldn't be too difficult for Him to create worms that like it even
warmer.

FAQ: The human body is organic. So then, how can it survive the heat as perpetual

A: The laws of nature are not absolute. They were created in the first chapter of

clothing of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego while slaying the guards that threw
them in the furnace.

miraculously multiplied. One example is 1Kgs 17:8-16 where a tiny bit of flour and
oil nourished Elijah and a widow woman, and her son, for a good many days during

Another incident is at 2Kgs 4:1-7 where a certain widow's husband died and left her
deeply in debt. God multiplied her last pot of oil sufficiently to sell enough to pay off

_

From your Opening Post, this:

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is
the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate
and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

YOU quoted scriptures that used the word "few"

So?

So since you are clearly incorrect on your interpretation of the word "few"
as applied to the future of Christendom, seeing as how there are some
2.300,000,000 Christians in the world today -- then you can be incorrect
on your other interpretations and applications and conclusions based
on the 3 verses that appear in your Opening Post -- which three verses
form the foundation of all your other incorrect assumptions in this thread.

2,300,000,000 Christians can not be a "few"

JAG

``
``

This below cannot be a "few" , , ,

"After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language,
standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:
“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”
Revelation 7:9-10

JAG

``

700 years before.

to all mankind.

warmer.

them in the furnace.

_

Paul makes it clear in Romans that the children of Abraham are the Christians
who are people of faith, just as Abraham was a man of faith - Paul says Abraham
is the father of all who believe , , ,

Tell me , , ,

Does this below sound to you like the Christians of the future are going to be "few"
in numbers?

"The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time and said, “I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you and
make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.” Genesis 22:15-18

JAG

``

This below cannot be a "few"

The quantities represented by few and many are relative, just as minority and
majority are relative, and large and small are relative.

For example: according to the 2020 World Almanac and Book Of Facts, as of
July 2019 there was an estimated 2.5 billion Christians living among the 7.7 billion
people on Earth at the time.

Christians represented approximately 32% of the world whereas non Christians
represented approximately 68%.

Ergo: Christians were the minority, i.e. the few; the smaller percentage, whereas
non Christians were the majority, i.e. the many; the larger percentage.

Carrying this forward:

Rev 7:9 . . After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could
number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the
throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands.

Regardless of the size of that great multitude, the opposite side of the coin is
greater. In other words: Rev 7:9's multitude is fewer in number than the multitude
depicted at Rev 20:11-15.
_

This comment is off-topic, but I seriously think it's something that needs saying
from time to time.

Internet forums have given many of Christ's obscure followers a convenient venue
for sharing their time-won knowledge and experience with a worldwide audience.
For the world's sake, I highly recommend making an effort to compose legible
posts; neatly arranged, sensible, coherent, and tidy.

Excessive bolding, underscoring, and italics, lack of adequate paragraphing, twitter
spelling, unnecessary emogies, horrible grammar, confusing mixtures of fonts and
colors, and/or shouting with caps and oversize letters, makes for tiresome clutter
and annoying graffiti that leave a bad impression.

Some people's posts resemble the obnoxious placards of worked-up protesters and
political activists; yelling, shrieking, and sometimes even spraying spittle. They are
beyond reason and objectivity in their desperation to be taken seriously. Apparently
they assume that if only they shout loud enough, make themselves annoying
enough, and hold out long enough; maybe they'll get their point across and
somebody will finally listen.

I rather suspect that some people regard forums as a canvas for painting their
comments instead of composing them. Well; that might be okay for outsiders, they
can be as messy and as unprofessional they want because their comments don't
matter anyway. But for those of us who honestly believe ourselves to be
representing God's son; messy clutter is unacceptable because it reflects on Christ
and makes him look like his followers are emotional kooks.

Phil 1:27 . . Conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.

2Tim 2:24-26 . . And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be
kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must
gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a
knowledge of the truth.
_

The quantities represented by few and many are relative, just as minority and
majority are relative, and large and small are relative.

For example: according to the 2020 World Almanac and Book Of Facts, as of
July 2019 there was an estimated 2.5 billion Christians living among the 7.7 billion
people on Earth at the time.

Christians represented approximately 32% of the world whereas non Christians
represented approximately 68%.

Ergo: Christians were the minority, i.e. the few; the smaller percentage, whereas
non Christians were the majority, i.e. the many; the larger percentage.
You are making huge assumptions up there about matters that you can NOT
possibly know.

There are no scientific tools based in empiricism that will allow you to establish
your conclusions as facts -- instead your conclusions are nothing more than your
own personal speculations based upon what appears to be {based upon your
Opening Post and your follow-up posts} a desire to
discredit Christianity by
presenting God and His Christ as Persons who plan on torturing the vast majority

of the human race in Hell fire. And THAT is exactly the clear and bold intent of your
Opening Post and your follow up posts -- and all that is NOTHING more than your
own personal guesswork. {and you obviously do not like Christianity}

I will tell you again that the gospel is worldwide and there are Simple Plan Of Salvation gospel tracts
in every language on earth and God the Holy Spirit has access to each and every human heart
24/7/365 and and so you personally have zero certain knowledge of who has been saved worldwide
and who will be saved worldwide.

Allow me to introduce you to the truth that announces that church attendance is NOT a requirement
of salvation and neither is being able to explain salvation theologically. So? So for example some
woman in say Nigeria, who just read a small portion of some gospel tract and who bowed her head and
asked God to save her -- can be saved -- and YOU have zero certain knowledge of who has done exactly
that, or who will do that in the future.

So?

So your "figures" up there are nothing more than your own personal speculations based upon your
personal desire to DISCREDIT Christianity by painting God and His Christ as Moral Monsters who

Plan on torturing the vast majority of humans in Hell.

Carrying this forward:

Rev 7:9 . . After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could
number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the
throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands.

Regardless of the size of that great multitude, the opposite side of the coin is
greater. In other words: Rev 7:9's multitude is fewer in number than the multitude
depicted at Rev 20:11-15.
_
Incorrect.
There is not one single word in Revelation 20:11-15 that even hints at how many
human beings will
end up being lost.

11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire." Rev. 20:11-15

You have zero knowledge about how many human beings
have their names written in the book of life -- and how many
do NOT have their names written there. You simply can NOT
know that.

You're guessing and speculating. Your Opening Post and your follow up
posts has zero weight -- not only because you can not use empiricism to
demonstrate your conclusions -- but because your clear intent is to DISCREDIT
God and His Son the Lord Jesus by presenting them as Persons whose Plan is
to torture the vast majority of humans in Hell. You are clearly NOT an unbiased
disinterested investigator out to follow the evidence anywhere it leads -- you
are already locked down against God and Jesus as Persons who plan to torture
the vast majority of humans in Hell.
Your underlying and unspoken
assumption is that God and Jesus are therefore Moral Monsters.

JAG

``

Your underlying and unspoken assumption is that God and Jesus are therefore
Moral Monsters.

The creator's moral values are indeed curious. To the rational mind, His sensitivities
make no sense at all. For example:

1» Prior to creating even one single atom to be used in the construction of the
cosmos-- all of its forms of life, matter, and energy --Jesus was put on schedule to
die for the sins of the world-- a world that as yet did not exist.

2» The creator knew in advance that Adam would taste the forbidden fruit, yet
placed its source in the garden anyway where Adam could easily find it.

3» The creator stood by and did nothing to prevent the Serpent from persuading
the woman to taste the fruit.

4» The creator knew in advance that the day would come when He would regret
creating mankind; yet proceeded to create them anyway.

5» The creator also knew in advance that the people He was about to create would
become so bad that He would have to destroy most of them in a deluge: men,
women, underage children, and infants; not to mention the scores and hordes of
wildlife that would drown in it too.

6» Carrying this forward: The creator knew in advance that the majority of the
humans He was about to create would end up permanently terminated by a mode
of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.
_

_
You have zero empirical evidence that the majority of humans will
end up lost. You are engaging in pure personal speculations and pure
personal guesswork and all THAT in the context of your strong bias against
Christianity and against the God of the Bible and against His Christ.

Asking you what you think of the God of the Bible is exactly like asking
The Joker what he thinks of Batman. And exactly like asking Lex Luther
what he thinks about Superman. And exactly like asking Nancy P.
what she thinks about Donald Trump.

Hey, you want an unbiased honest evaluation of the Democratic Party?
Then go ask Tucker Carlson to give you one. You want an unbiased
evaluation of the Republican Party? Then go ask Barack Obama
to give you one. /hysterical laughter

Hey, you want an unbiased evaluation of the the God of the Bible,
and Christianity? Go ask Dant01 to give you one.
/more hysterical laughter

You have zero empirical evidence that can tell you what is behind the
metaphor of Hell. The Lord Jesus is the only one in the New Testament
that mentioned "gehenna" which is translated with the word "hell" in the
New Testament. "Gehenna" was a metaphor. Gehenna was a garbage
dump outside the 1st century city of Jerusalem and Jesus used that garbage
dump as a metaphor to describe the "perish" of John 3:16

So?

So you do not know what kind of death humans will experience when some
of them experience "gehenna." "Gehenna"is a metaphor. You do not know
that it will involve any "molten iron." You're guessing. You have no knowledge
about what "gehenna" will be like for those relatively few that experience it.

True, some humans will experience the "perish" of John 3:16 --- God so
loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in
Him shall not perish but have eternal life -- but you do not know what that
"perish" will be like. You have zero empirical evidence telling you what that
perish will be like.

So?

So your "akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron" is pure
guesswork.

Also your claim that God knew the majority of humanity will be lost is yet to be
demonstrated by you.

Neither can you prove with empirical evidences that Edward Fudge was incorrect.
when he wrote the massive The Fire That Consumes.
Edward Fudge - Wikipedia

JAG

``

``

The creator's moral values are indeed curious. To the rational mind, His sensitivities

cosmos-- all of its forms of life, matter, and energy --Jesus was put on schedule to

5» The creator also knew in advance that the people He was about to create would

_
Mankind used his free will to ,make this mess (that the world is in}
God has a Plan to fix it.
Instead of posting regurgitated Richard Dawkins-Sam Harris, you would be 1000 times
better off {and happier} if you spent your time dwelling on such as this below:

JAG Writes:
God's Plan To Fix The World.
"I am making everything new"__The Lord Jesus Rev.21:5

Nothing on this earth has the power to defeat the finished work of the
Lord Jesus. "It is finished" said Jesus while on The Cross. Here are
the most powerful finished events in all of human history. No power
n the Universe can defeat these:

{1} The Cross -- the power of reconciliation, forgiveness, and restoration -- "being
justified by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1

{2} The Resurrection -- the power of that Empty Tomb. He lives. He is alive.
He has conquered Death for us -- we now have eternal life.

{3} The Ascension -- the power of "I go to my Father" , , , "all authority in
Heaven and on earth has been give to me" Matthew 28:18

{4} The Exaltation -- the power of being now seated at the right hand of the
Almighty Sovereign God

The Bible is the true story of God and His Plan to set the world right again.

Yes , , ,
The Bible tells the true story of how God will Christianize the world and
successfully carry out His Son's Great Commission -- to go and make disciples
of all nations -- commanded at the very end of Matthew's gospel.

God is going to fix the world. The world is now broken -- but God is going to
fix it. Hope lives. Love conquers. Victory. The Cross wins the war for the world.
Evil is defeated. The Good wins. The world will be Christianized before the Lord
Jesus returns. The yeast of the gospel will make disciples of all the nations through
the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit who uses the plain simple gospel message
to regenerate the hearts of men and to enable them to believe in Jesus as their
Savior and then to understand the Bible, as the Holy Spirit begins the process
of creating the fruits of the Holy Spirit in their lives , , ,

Step one is John 3:3 -- you must be born again {regenerated}
Step two is John 3:16 -- you must believe in Jesus as your Savior
Step three is Galatians 5:22-23 -- you must allow the Holy Spirit
o produce these 8 qualities within your heart , , ,

Love
Joy
Forbearance
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control

The Holy Spirit produces these 8 qualities in the hearts of humans.
This process is what finally fixes the world.

"I am making everything new"__The Lord Jesus

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling
place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be
his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will
wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning
or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Rev. 21:3-4

JAG

A seventh item belongs on the list compiled for post No.31

7» Had not the adult population of the city of Nineveh responded to Jonah's
preaching, something like 120,000 underage children would've lost their lives as
collateral damage by the hand of God. (Jonah 4:11)

NOTE: I haven't researched the underage body count for the city of Jericho when
God ordered Joshua to take it, but the slaughter was likely quite a bit less than
would've been Nineveh's. (Josh 6:21)
_

Last edited:

_
Your opening Post and a lot of your follow-up posts are little more than
regurgitated Richard Dawkins and regurgitated Sam Harris and regurgitated
deceased Christopher Hitchens. You make many of the SAME points they made
in their books and videos -- you make some of the exact same points their other
God-hating disciples make here inside Thread World on the Internet At Large.

Regarding people who claim to have once been a Christian but who have now
turned against God and bad-mouth Him in threads:
"They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had

belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed
that none of them belonged to us." 1 John 2:19

Note the particulars: in 1 John 2:19

~ They were at one time among the Christian believers { maybe even for, say, 24 years? }
"they went out from us"

~ but they never really and truly belonged to us {the Christian believers}

~ because if they had truly belonged to us {the Christian believers}

~ they would have remined with us {the Christian believers}

~ but their going away from us, demonstrated this truth:
"none of them belonged to us."

Paul called them
"false believers" in 2 Cor. 11:26

JAG

``

The How And The Why I Became A Baptist.

I was christened an infant into the Roman Catholic Church in 1944, and eventually
attended catechism to complete First Holy Communion and Confirmation.

My siblings are Catholic, my mother was Catholic, my eldest brother entered the
priesthood and made it to Friar before succumbing to cancer a few years ago. My
wife is a former Catholic, her dad was Catholic, his wife was Catholic, my aunt and
uncle were Catholics, and my wife's cousins are Catholic; one of them is qualified to
teach Catechism.

I was loyal to Rome for the first 24 years of my life till one day in Feb 1968 I was
approached by a Conservative Baptist minister who asked me if I was prepared for
Christ's return.

Well; I must've been either asleep or absent the day that the nuns talked about
Jesus coming back because that man's question was the very first time in my whole
life that I can remember somebody telling me.

My initial reaction was alarm because I instinctively knew that were I called on the
carpet for a face-to-face with Jesus, it would not go well for me because I had a lot
to answer for. Well; I don't like being made to feel afraid so I became indignant and
demanded to know why Jesus would come back. That's when I found out for the
very first time that it was in the plan for Christ to take over the world.

Then the minister asked me if I was going to heaven. Well; of course I had no clue
because Catholics honestly don't know what to expect when they pass away. I was
crossing my fingers while in the back of my mind dreading the worst.

Then the man said; "Don't you know that Jesus died for your sins?"

Well; I had been taught in catechism that Jesus died for the sins of the world; that
much I knew; but honestly believed all along that he had been an unfortunate
victim of circumstances beyond his control. It was a shock to discover that Jesus'
trip to cross was deliberate, and that his Father was thinking of me when His son
passed away, viz: my sins were among the sins of the world that Jesus took to the
cross with him.

At that very instant-- scarcely a nanosecond --something took over in my mind as I
fully realized, to my great relief, that heaven was no longer out of reach, rather,
well within my grasp!

That was an amazing experience. In just the two or three minutes of conversation
with that Baptist minister, I obtained an understanding of Jesus' crucifixion that
many tedious years of RCC masses and catechism classes had somehow failed to
get across. Consequently, my confidence in the Roman Catholic Church was
shattered like a bar of peanut brittle candy dropped on the sidewalk from the tippy
top of the Chrysler building.

Long story short; I eventually went with that man to his church and, along with him
and a couple of elders, knelt at the rail down front and prayed a really simple, naive
prayer that went something like this;

"God, I know I'm a sinner. I would like to take advantage of your son's death"

My prayer wasn't much to brag about; but it was the smartest sixteen words I'd
ever spoken up to that time.

Matt 10:32 . .Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him
before my Father in heaven.

NOTE: That incident took place 53 years ago. Today, I'm an elderly man of 77
who's been an ongoing student of the Bible all that time via seminars, Sunday
school classes, sermons, books, and radio programs.

Since going online back in the 1990s, I've participated on something like forty
different internet forums; some no longer in business. I also constructed a web site
for new and/or poorly trained born-again Christians. The heavy lifting is done, but I
keep the site tuned up with revisions and new comments from time to time.
_

Most of my life has already been lived. It's been quite a ride; one which I suspect
will not continue for much longer. My dad passed away at 62. I've thus far outlived
him by fifteen years but only by means surgeries and a slew of various daily
medications for blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid, and kidneys.

My body is a wreck. I've had appendicitis, kidney stone, two hernias, both knees
replaced, and the lenses replaced in my eyes due to cataracts. I still have some of
my original teeth, but as the great cowboy artist Charles Russell once commented:
time has traded me wrinkles for teeth. Me too. I've lost a few, some are capped,
and my gums have receded. The teeth that remain have become so brittle that I
have to be careful when eating my favorite hard candies.

As my wife and I decline and wax older and older, and our bodies continue to waste
away, we feel sadness for the loss of our youth. There was a time when we were
both bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and could get by with very little rest. The skin on
our face, and under our chin, was tight, and our middles were lean and defined.
Today we're sag-bottomed and flaccid.

Ecc 1:2-4 . . Meaningless! Futile! complains the Teacher. Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless. What does a man gain from all his labor at which he
toils under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains
forever.

The earth is dumber than a spatula; yet easily outlives its human potentate whose
IQ is infinitely greater. Take for example the great granite monuments in Yosemite
Valley. Tourists to the valley come, and tourists to the valley go; and one day the
grim reaper catches up with those tourists and they're gone; yet Yosemite's great
stones abide decade after decade; century after century.

Most children born this day will be dead in 100 years-- many in 75 --and Yosemite
won't even notice. Though a child born today may be intelligent enough to
eventually understand quantum mechanics and play classical guitar like Andrés
Segovia; yet Yosemite's sentinels-- stupid, mute, and uneducated --will easily
outlast it.

Ecc 2:15-16 . . I thought in my heart: The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise? I said in my heart: This is meaningless. For the
wise man, like the fool, will not be long remembered-- in days to come both will be
forgotten. Like the fool, the wise man too must die.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 20 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 1,502,380 new arrivals have
_

The How And The Why I Became A Baptist.

I was christened an infant into the Roman Catholic Church in 1944, and eventually
attended catechism to complete First Holy Communion and Confirmation.

My siblings are Catholic, my mother was Catholic, my eldest brother entered the
priesthood and made it to Friar before succumbing to cancer a few years ago. My
wife is a former Catholic, her dad was Catholic, his wife was Catholic, my aunt and
uncle were Catholics, and my wife's cousins are Catholic; one of them is qualified to
teach Catechism.

I was loyal to Rome for the first 24 years of my life till one day in Feb 1968 I was
approached by a Conservative Baptist minister who asked me if I was prepared for
Christ's return.

Well; I must've been either asleep or absent the day that the nuns talked about
Jesus coming back because that man's question was the very first time in my whole
life that I can remember somebody telling me.

My initial reaction was alarm because I instinctively knew that were I called on the
carpet for a face-to-face with Jesus, it would not go well for me because I had a lot
to answer for. Well; I don't like being made to feel afraid so I became indignant and
demanded to know why Jesus would come back. That's when I found out for the
very first time that it was in the plan for Christ to take over the world.

Then the minister asked me if I was going to heaven. Well; of course I had no clue
because Catholics honestly don't know what to expect when they pass away. I was
crossing my fingers while in the back of my mind dreading the worst.

Then the man said; "Don't you know that Jesus died for your sins?"

Well; I had been taught in catechism that Jesus died for the sins of the world; that
much I knew; but honestly believed all along that he had been an unfortunate
victim of circumstances beyond his control. It was a shock to discover that Jesus'
trip to cross was deliberate, and that his Father was thinking of me when His son
passed away, viz: my sins were among the sins of the world that Jesus took to the
cross with him.

At that very instant-- scarcely a nanosecond --something took over in my mind as I
fully realized, to my great relief, that heaven was no longer out of reach, rather,
well within my grasp!

That was an amazing experience. In just the two or three minutes of conversation
with that Baptist minister, I obtained an understanding of Jesus' crucifixion that
many tedious years of RCC masses and catechism classes had somehow failed to
get across. Consequently, my confidence in the Roman Catholic Church was
shattered like a bar of peanut brittle candy dropped on the sidewalk from the tippy
top of the Chrysler building.

Long story short; I eventually went with that man to his church and, along with him
and a couple of elders, knelt at the rail down front and prayed a really simple, naive
prayer that went something like this;

"God, I know I'm a sinner. I would like to take advantage of your son's death"

My prayer wasn't much to brag about; but it was the smartest sixteen words I'd
ever spoken up to that time.

Matt 10:32 . .Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him
before my Father in heaven.

NOTE: That incident took place 53 years ago. Today, I'm an elderly man of 77
who's been an ongoing student of the Bible all that time via seminars, Sunday
school classes, sermons, books, and radio programs.

Since going online back in the 1990s, I've participated on something like forty
different internet forums; some no longer in business. I also constructed a web site
for new and/or poorly trained born-again Christians. The heavy lifting is done, but I
keep the site tuned up with revisions and new comments from time to time.
_

Goodness me!
I should have read more carefully what you wrote up-thread.
I will do better in the future.
So what do we have here? I guess your Opening Post and your follow-up posts
are your way of expanding on the following :

Dant01 Wrote Up-thread:
"Because of the uncertainty of tomorrow, people need to start thinking about the
afterlife today, while they have the chance; rather than risk being caught off guard
by sudden death when there will be no time to think; and they find themselves
suddenly thrust into the unseen world unprepared."__Dant01

Okay , , ,
Your Opening Post and your follow-up posts is your way to get people to think seriously
about "the afterlife." , , , ,

, , , , Even though my view is you are incorrect in your interpretation and application of
Luke 13:22-24 and Matt. 7:13-14 and Matt.22:14 in your Opening Post ~ ~ ~ my view is
the vast majority of God's John 3:16-human-Race-Love-Project-Planet-Earth are going
to be saved , , ,

, , , nonetheless you are doing what you believe to be necessary to get people to think
seriously about "the afterlife" and their need to believe in the Lord Jesus as their Savior.
That's good. That's all good.

God Bless.

JAG

``

Most of my life has already been lived. It's been quite a ride; one which I suspect
will not continue for much longer. My dad passed away at 62. I've thus far outlived
him by fifteen years but only by means surgeries and a slew of various daily
medications for blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid, and kidneys.

My body is a wreck. I've had appendicitis, kidney stone, two hernias, both knees
replaced, and the lenses replaced in my eyes due to cataracts. I still have some of
my original teeth, but as the great cowboy artist Charles Russell once commented:
time has traded me wrinkles for teeth. Me too. I've lost a few, some are capped,
and my gums have receded. The teeth that remain have become so brittle that I
have to be careful when eating my favorite hard candies.

As my wife and I decline and wax older and older, and our bodies continue to waste
away, we feel sadness for the loss of our youth. There was a time when we were
both bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and could get by with very little rest. The skin on
our face, and under our chin, was tight, and our middles were lean and defined.
Today we're sag-bottomed and flaccid.

Ecc 1:2-4 . . Meaningless! Futile! complains the Teacher. Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless. What does a man gain from all his labor at which he
toils under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains
forever.

The earth is dumber than a spatula; yet easily outlives its human potentate whose
IQ is infinitely greater. Take for example the great granite monuments in Yosemite
Valley. Tourists to the valley come, and tourists to the valley go; and one day the
grim reaper catches up with those tourists and they're gone; yet Yosemite's great
stones abide decade after decade; century after century.

Most children born this day will be dead in 100 years-- many in 75 --and Yosemite
won't even notice. Though a child born today may be intelligent enough to
eventually understand quantum mechanics and play classical guitar like Andrés
Segovia; yet Yosemite's sentinels-- stupid, mute, and uneducated --will easily
outlast it.

Ecc 2:15-16 . . I thought in my heart: The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise? I said in my heart: This is meaningless. For the
wise man, like the fool, will not be long remembered-- in days to come both will be
forgotten. Like the fool, the wise man too must die.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 20 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 1,502,380 new arrivals have
_
May the Lord Bless you always.
May the Lord always Keep you safe.
May the Lord always make His Face to shine upon you.
May the Lord always be Gracious unto you.
May the Lord always turn His Face towards you.
May the Lord ease all your pains.
May the Lord help you amidst all your troubles.
May the Lord always give you His Peace.
May the Lord always Protect you.
May the Lord always Protect all those you love.
{Based on Numbers 6:22-26}

JAG

``

Back