Any Baptists here?

I have read almost all of his books before he was ever my Pastor.

I don't have any problem with the KJV, it's the 'ONLY' crowd that makes me testy. They seem to have lost all ability to reason, use logic or treat others the way God has instructed us to.

God Speed my friend.
Thanks. I have no trouble with the KJV, either. It's what I did most of my memorizing in. As to the -only crowd, I believe their problem is an emotional attachment, with an emotional response.

He's also "shared the platform" with Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, other false religions and other false gospels. If it's wrong or right for one then it is wrong or right for all of them.

IMHO I see no issue here.
He seems to be implying that the Giod of islam is Yahweh though, and that the Jesus of Islam is the same Jesus that we have!

Jesus left us with this commandment:

Matthew 28:19

19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

You can't get involved in converting a muslim if you don't know anything about what they believe.

This type of thing is instructive to Christians. Most of us won't do the work of learning the heresy of their beliefs. James White did that for you. You should be thanking him.

The people who complained are talking out of ignorance. The Pastor of the church had to have approved this gathering, since tickets were sold for it.

Don't let sources influence your view. This particular news site practically screams "send us your gossip"

This is from their home page:

"Christian News Network and its prime site, ChristianNews.net, aim to dig deep to find and report truth. Through investigative journalism, direct interviews and in-depth reporting, our breaking news stories go well beyond the surface and into the thick of the issues and current events affecting our nation and world."

First, this was a ticketed discussion forum. No one was forced to go. It wasn't a debate.

Second, it was a Tuesday Night. Not a regular church service.

The only push-back was from a Dr. Gregory Williams who claimed to be a member of the Cross Church in Washington D.C. I visited their website and could not find his name anywhere. He comes across as 'holier than thou'. It should also be noted, that this particular (Cross Church) isn't a Baptist church of any type. Not hardline Fundies, Baptists or the SBC Baptists. Calling their Pastor a "Bishop" should tell you there are no baptist distinctives.

CHURCH HISTORY | nbwotc

There are many who supported White as well.

I sit under the teaching of this man. Let me assure you that he knows a false prophet when he sees one.

Try to give other Christians the benefit of the doubt until you have proven evidence otherwise. This article is a hit piece by a site that collects and even encourages Christians to send them gossip to report on.

Some advice from the scriptures: It describes any organization that strives to bring up strife.

James 3:6

6 And the tongue is a fire, the very world of unrighteousness; the tongue is set among our body’s parts as that which defiles the whole body and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell.

God speed my friend.
Islam Allah is not yahweh, and their isa is not jesus!

I don't have any problem with the KJV, it's the 'ONLY' crowd that makes me testy. They seem to have lost all ability to reason, use logic or treat others the way God has instructed us to.

God Speed my friend.
They are in a Cult!

He does seem to be implying that we have same God and Messiah though!
It's really not as simple as people want to make it. They speak of the God of the Bible in their writings, but what does that mean? Does it mean they worship the same God as Christians?

Here is a video of Dr. White addressing it. If you want to cut to the chase start at around 12 minutes and don't jump the gun, hear him out or you will misrepresent him.

He does seem to be implying that we have same God and Messiah though!

No, he isn't. James White hasn't said or implied anything you are suggesting. He is a Christian who has turned his life over to the faith. His books and sermons are edifying to the body of Christ.

The important book he as written on the subject of Islam is What every Christians needs to know about the Qur'an. I hope you will read it.

It's really not as simple as people want to make it. They speak of the God of the Bible in their writings, but what does that mean? Does it mean they worship the same God as Christians?

Here is a video of Dr. White addressing it. If you want to cut to the chase start at around 12 minutes and don't jump the gun, hear him out or you will misrepresent him.

By just giving the Muslim speaker the platform though, is giving implied acceptance of Allah being Yahweh and isa same as Jesus!

God Speed my friend.

I agree 100%. I would go so far as to say that "cult-like" is not an over-exaggerated description.

I agree 100%. I would go so far as to say that "cult-like" is not an over-exaggerated description.
Very cultic, as they see all other translations as satanic or just wrong, and see as suspect churches and Christians not holding to KJVO!

By just giving the Muslim speaker the platform though, is giving implied acceptance of Allah being Yahweh and isa same as Jesus!

You are projecting YF.

I'm more frightened of an apostate Catholic president than a Muslim man who loves and supports his family. Have you read Revelation? Christians win.

You are projecting YF.

I'm more frightened of an apostate Catholic president than a Muslim man who loves and supports his family. Have you read Revelation? Christians win.
I am not afraid of any Muslim, but do not think should have anything that might give the apperance of agreeing that Allah and Yahweh are same God, or that the jesus of islam is the real one!

So...did you listen to the video? Or, are you going to keep misrepresenting Dr. White? Or both?
What do you think about this?

Back