Why Jews will never accept Jesus

My understanding is that it means "work of any kind." That would include servile work but is not limited to it.

BTW are you saying a CEO can work for 10 hours on the sabbath and its perfectly okay since it's not manual labor?
The purpose of the Sabbath was for refreshment. When the law was given servile work was what everybody did. I think today, taking one day a week off from any kind of work would be serving the purpose that the Sabbath was intended for, to restore the body and mind. The Sabbath was also intended to be a foreshadow of the rest we have in Jesus. That's why it is associated several times with the tabernacle services which were designed to be a foreshadow of the atonement that provides that rest.

1. In Isaiah 9:6 the two names are the names of King Hezekiah, the greatest of the Jewish kings. It is much better translated, "A wonderful counselor is the mighty God," and "The everlasting father is the Prince of Peace." Jews often take names that describe God.

2. I'm not quite educated enough to answer you on the "He would be cut off" question, but I seem to have a vague memory that Rashi says it refers to King Agrippa. In any case, I don't know why you think it means crucified. That's kind of a giant leap that is not in the text. Perhaps @Jewjitzu or @Harel13 might have something to add.
Isaiah 9 verses 1-7 is a messianic prophecy. The Messiah would arise out of Galilee and his kingdom would not end verse 7. God's kingdom is people and that kingdom is expanding everyday as more and more people receive Jesus the Messiah.
The Messiah is cut of, killed as prophesied in Daniel 9:26. It has nothing to do with King Agrippa. I would never take anything Rashi said seriously. All the prophets point to the Messiah coming before the destruction of the second temple.

Daniel 9:24-27​

26 “And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah ( Jesus ) shall be cut off ( Crucified ), but not for Himself;
It's says annointed. That could be a priest, a king, or even a prophet. It is not messianic. Being cut off does not mean crucified. YOu are so reading stuff into the passge.

The purpose of the Sabbath was for refreshment. When the law was given servile work was what everybody did. I think today, taking one day a week off from any kind of work would be serving the purpose that the Sabbath was intended for, to restore the body and mind. The Sabbath was also intended to be a foreshadow of the rest we have in Jesus. That's why it is associated several times with the tabernacle services which were designed to be a foreshadow of the atonement that provides that rest.
But it isn't up to YOU to decide what it means. That is the whole point. YOU have no authority to determine this. God gave the authority to the judges and levites aka the rabbis. That's not you.

It's says annointed. That could be a priest, a king, or even a prophet. It is not messianic. Being cut off does not mean crucified. YOu are so reading stuff into the passge.
The word for anointed in the Hebrew is the same word that is used for Messiah and that is why it is translated as Messiah in most Bibles. It is a Messianic prophecy that shows the Messiah is to come before the second temple is destroyed. This is confirmed by the other prophets. Crucified means being cut off, a person dies.

When you say something negative about me, rather than about a point I'm making, that is an ad hominem attack. Sheesh.
If you are being analyzed by a psychiatrist and he evaluates your condition and reports it honestly he is not attacking.

Isaiah 9 verses 1-7 is a messianic prophecy. The Messiah would arise out of Galilee and his kingdom would not end verse 7. God's kingdom is people and that kingdom is expanding everyday as more and more people receive Jesus the Messiah.
The Messiah is cut of, killed as prophesied in Daniel 9:26. It has nothing to do with King Agrippa. I would never take anything Rashi said seriously. All the prophets point to the Messiah coming before the destruction of the second temple.
You should really listen to some YouTube presentations on Isaiah 9 by Tovia singer. Get more out of it than from a couple sentences from me.

If you are being analyzed by a psychiatrist and he evaluates your condition and reports it honestly he is not attacking.
You are not a psychiatrist. This is a debate. In a debate, you do not make comments about your interlocuter. If you do it is known as a adhominem attack, and it is a fallacious argument.

But it isn't up to YOU to decide what it means. That is the whole point. YOU have no authority to determine this. God gave the authority to the judges and levites aka the rabbis. That's not you.
God said he wanted all people to be preists and kings and that is the authority he gives to followers of Jesus. The Holy Spirit gives insights into the word. Apparently you can't understand it unless the meaning is dictated to you by by the rabbis. Better hope they know what they are doing.

You should really listen to some YouTube presentations on Isaiah 9 by Tovia singer. Get more out of it than from a couple sentences from me.
Tovia Singer? Are you kidding me? The sex addict who has been involved in sex scandals and is probably one of the worst Bible scholars I have ever heard? You get your information from him? No wonder!!!

The word for anointed in the Hebrew is the same word that is used for Messiah and that is why it is translated as Messiah in most Bibles. It is a Messianic prophecy that shows the Messiah is to come before the second temple is destroyed. This is confirmed by the other prophets. Crucified means being cut off, a person dies.
I'm well aware that the word Mashiach means annointed and also refers to the messiah. I'm simply pointing out that in the passage you referred to, it refers to an annointed king, not the messiah.

You are not a psychiatrist. This is a debate. In a debate, you do not make comments about your interlocuter. If you do it is known as a adhominem attack, and it is a fallacious argument.
I apologize if you think I am attcking you I am not. From your statement I determined that you have not had the background in the scriptures to make an educated decision about rejecting Jesus.

Tovia Singer? Are you kidding me? The sex addict who has been involved in sex scandals and is probably one of the worst Bible scholars I have ever heard? You get your information from him? No wonder!!!
Hush with your loshen hara. You should not spread unsubstantiated rumors.

His scholarship has stood up next to every christian he has ever debated. I simply saying that you should listen to what he has to say about Isaiah nine, since you will get more detail from him than from me.

I'm well aware that the word Mashiach means annointed and also refers to the messiah. I'm simply pointing out that in the passage you referred to, it refers to an annointed king, not the messiah.
The is no other messiah or anointed king appearing anywhere in scripture after the destruction of the second temple so it has to be referring to the Messiah.

Hush with your loshen hara. You should not spread unsubstantiated rumors.

His scholarship has stood up next to every christian he has ever debated. I simply saying that you should listen to what he has to say about Isaiah nine, since you will get more detail from him than from me.
Its not a rumor. You should research his background. He is not an authority. He says he has the scriptures, then let him explain the concept of Takenot.

Back