How do athiests know if something is true or not?

Religion is Satan's ace trump.... It entraps and controls the lives of people with fear and superstitions.
When you can prove Satan exists let us know. Otherwise this is the same as saying religion is Shiva the Destroyer's trump. Its meaningless.
Christianity is not a religion when its really Christianity. But, you'll never understand that one. So, don't ask.
Christianity is not a religion? You are right. I do not understand that.
All the horrible sufferings you described? In most recent history.. is to be attributed greatly to atheistic Communism.
Atheist communism did not create cancer or floods or hurricanes. It did not create the Crusades or the Spanish inquisition. It did not create Cerebral Palsy or birth defects.

This claim is absurd. If God is real then all suffering comes from God. If the atheist are so bad then why does God not stop them? Even the crimes of atheists are on God because he chooses to just watch.
Which is a secular "religion."
This is a contradiction. Religion has a supernatural element. Secularism does not.
So get off your high horse with me. Godless atheistic communism was responsible for millions of murders of anyone who resisted it.
This is demonstrably false. Stalin and Mao did not kill for atheism - they killed for power and totalitarianism. Hitler and 90% of the German people were Christian. And the Christian body count for the Crusades alone rivals Stalin - so you have no real point here.
Millions of Christians were murdered when Communism took over China and Russia... And, Hitler was not a pope. Religion is not the problem you make it out to be.
This is true - and it was a horrific crime. My guess is every atheist on this form thinks this was horrific. You cannot make us supports of this kind of violence when we actively renounce it.
In the mean while... Enjoy your millions of abortions.... and the wide variety of unstable sexual perversions. (that's so much better than religion to you)
Why do you think God watches all of the abortions when he could easily save the unborn? I imagine abortion must be part of God's plan since he just watches millions and millions of them.

I have never had or performed an abortion so I think your anger is misplaced. Maybe you should pray for God to end abortions? And if they continue then that must be what God 3wants.
Look at your own shoes.
I am not wearing any.

This is good stuff - ty for the chat.

Hello?... Demons have been with man since the beginning of mankind.
Can you prove this? If not it is an unfounded claim identical to saying ghosts have been with us since the dawn of time.
They formed ancient religions, and today they organize cults They even demanded human sacrifices. You must know this since you are well studied.
Jesus was a human sacrifice to God. The fact that you do not see this irony is amazing.
Why did you use so much Wite Out when you studied these ancient religions?
I have no idea what this means.

Can you prove God, Jesus, or THE HOLY SPIRIT are real?
Prove? Not to you. Its not my job.

Not unless the Lord makes it known to you. Its not for me to do.

You are too dull to realize that though... and lash out in personal frustration not caring about it.

You simply have a hatred that "motivates" you. Hatred for what you feel excluded from.

The excuses we hear from atheists about past religions needs to be addressed today concerning one world communism. Communism is a great secular religion.

You were born. You exist. Then you cease to exist. Stop acting like you are going to be living in the future. Stop wasting time here.

Get a life.

When you can prove Satan exists let us know. Otherwise this is the same as saying religion is Shiva the Destroyer's trump. Its meaningless.
You keep acting like its the Christian's job to prove to you such realities. Our job is to keep growing in searching and better understanding of what we have been "invited" into. We understand you are a loser when it comes to knowing God. Nothing we can do about that.

Atheists keep trying to put the responsibility upon our shoulders to make you know God. That's dumb.

You got all wrong. No man made a Christian to know God. No man proved to us that God is real. You're kinda dumb about this issue. We know that. Yet, we have seen God snatch atheists into reality. So? We endure your nonsense you keep giving us with its millions of footnotes.

I can care less right now. For it is not me who will save you... But you keep demanding that we should if its real.

You are being denied. Excluded.... Its your soul. Not mine.

Can you prove this? If not it is an unfounded claim identical to saying ghosts have been with us since the dawn of time.
The blind man demanded that another man make him know what the color green is.

After a few minutes of frustration... the blind man shouted! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GREEN!

Atheists ask questions of Christians that are futile.

For some reason? God has at this time excluded you. You are determined to prove there is no God by demanding others to prove there is a God. What a mess!

Its like a joke you play..... Not to be taken seriously, but some well intentioned sincere Christians may attempt to rectify.

Enjoy your godlessness! Embrace it! (then you die)..... No more! No more pee pee. No more poo poo.

Yet, if there is a God? And, He created both man and angels to have free will? We should expect all that we see today, and not act so dumbfounded like atheists do when they can not understand what giving free will must allow for.
No more pee pee!
No more poo poo!
I have died ... what else is there left to do do?
I once existed. Now I'm gone.
No more pee pee....
(end of my song)

You are arguing with myths that were created by evil as a means to counter God's truth.
Do you have an understanding of when these were written? The NT was supposed to have been written in about 50 CE.

• The oldest Vedas we have were written 2,000 years before Jesus.
  • The Pyramid Texts describing the gods Ra and Osiris were written 3,200 years before Christ.
  • The Summerian Kesh Temple Hymn celebrating the gods Enlil and Nenlil were written 2,600 years before Jesus.
  • The Samaveda celebrating the Hindu god s were written 1,200 years before Christ
So your claim is easily falsified.
Hello?... Demons have been with man since the beginning of mankind.
So....

"Demons" were countering God's truth before He wrote it?

Really, atheists don't have to put in much effort to make religion look dumb. For the most part, all we have to do is give it a stage from which to speak, sit back, and enjoy the show.

Prove? Not to you. Its not my job.
Actually it is. This is a Christian apologetics forum where Christians defend the faith. It is literally the only reason to post here.
Not unless the Lord makes it known to you. Its not for me to do.
OK.
You are too dull to realize that though... and lash out in personal frustration not caring about it.
Ad Hominum.
You simply have a hatred that "motivates" you. Hatred for what you feel excluded from.
I do not.
The excuses we hear from atheists about past religions needs to be addressed today concerning one world communism. Communism is a great secular religion.
Communism is a political and economic ideology. It is not a religion.
You were born. You exist. Then you cease to exist. Stop acting like you are going to be living in the future. Stop wasting time here.
Have you really thought through why you are posting here?
Get a life.
Ad Hominum.

I accept this as your defense of the Christian faith. Thanks.

You keep acting like its the Christian's job to prove to you such realities.
Yes. When people make claims about reality it is on them to prove they are right. Also this is an apologetic forum whose purpose is for Christians to defend the faith with logic and evidence.

You may be lost.
Our job is to keep growing in searching and better understanding of what we have been "invited" into. We understand you are a loser when it comes to knowing God. Nothing we can do about that.
Ah - then this is definitely not the forum for you. This is where atheists ask hard questions of Christians. If you just want to grow and searh you are probably better posting in the Christian forums where no one questions anything.
Atheists keep trying to put the responsibility upon our shoulders to make you know God. That's dumb.
You claim to know God. We ask you to prove it. Seems straightforward.
That's dumb.
Ad Hominum..
You got all wrong. No man made a Christian to know God. No man proved to us that God is real. You're kinda dumb about this issue.
Ad Hominum.
We know that. Yet, we have seen God snatch atheists into reality. So? We endure your nonsense you keep giving us with its millions of footnotes.
Ad Hominum.
I can care less right now. For it is not me who will save you... But you keep demanding that we should if its real.
Yes - you need to prove what you say is real. That's just, like, the way society and the world works.

Again - if you want to be able to claim things and have no one doubt you then this is really, really not your forum dude.
You are being denied. Excluded.... Its your soul. Not mine.
When you can prove this is true I'll react accordingly.

You just seem to have lots of claims to supernatural knowledge that you cannot defend or prove. Oh and you seem to have a weird need to insult me. A lot.

Okie dokie. Thanks. Have a good one.

The blind man demanded that another man make him know what the color green is.

After a few minutes of frustration... the blind man shouted! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GREEN!

Atheists ask questions of Christians that are futile.
If you cannot prove that anything you say is that's that's fine. But it is silly to think we'll just believe you.

And if you are not trying to convince me of anything then, again, this may not be your forum.
For some reason? God has at this time excluded you. You are determined to prove there is no God by demanding others to prove there is a God. What a mess!
Okie dokie. When you can prove any of this is true I'll react.
Its like a joke you play..... Not to be taken seriously, but some well intentioned sincere Christians may attempt to rectify.
I do enjoy posting here.
Enjoy your godlessness! Embrace it! (then you die)..... No more! No more pee pee. No more poo poo.
Appeal to Force logical fallacy. And a truly bizarre inclusion of potty talk.
Yet, if there is a God? And, He created both man and angels to have free will? We should expect all that we see today, and not act so dumbfounded like atheists do when they can not understand what giving free will must allow for.
No more pee pee!
No more poo poo!
I have died ... what else is there left to do do?
I once existed. Now I'm gone.
No more pee pee....
(end of my song)
I am...speechless. This is either the greatest post here or a cry for help and I need to let some mental health officials know about it.

Either way - thanks.

Actually it is. This is a Christian apologetics forum where Christians defend the faith. It is literally the only reason to post here.
Why should I defend what you can not attack? For you do not know what it really is. You have nothing to attack.

I will defend the faith when it comes to false doctrines... After all.. faith comes by HEARING the Word of God. (Romans 10:17) That I will defend. To prove to a godless person God exists? When it took God to prove it to me? I grew up Jewish.... No Christianity and Jesus in my home. Yet, Jesus knew what it would take to open my eyes. Its not the same for everyone.

You? To me? What you do is like a gay man demanding proof from me to prove to him the females are sexually attractive.

To me you are spiritually gay. "Hi, my name is Bob, and I am an Atheist." Ok... Nice to have met you.

You are wasting your time. If this is all the time you have to "exist" in? I would not waste time trying to prove to others this is all there is.

I know one thing.. it really bugs certain atheists that Christians seem to have something. And, its your goal to dissolve the delusion.. to prove to yourself its not real. Again? Wasting your precious time. If I knew this is all there was? I would not be wasting my time on those who think life is bigger than I realized.

The Crusades are behind us. Today the crusaders have become the godless communists and radicals. Go reason with them.

I am...speechless. This is either the greatest post here or a cry for help and I need to let some mental health officials know about it.

Either way - thanks.
If they come looking for me? They can find me at the Stand Up Club. You're slow. Dangerously so. Stay in the far right lane.

If there were no Christians (or, religions) you would have no purpose in life, and would die of boredom. Our faith actually gives you purpose and motivation for a reason for your life. How ironic.

Through objective evidence and logical reasoning.
Ok.
And how do you know that what you're using are objective evidence, and logical reasoning?

After all, you're telling us that we're not using either, so it seems to me that makes objective evidence and logical reasoning the sole purview of the atheist, and nobody else.

Why should I defend what you can not attack? For you do not know what it really is. You have nothing to attack.
Apologetics is the defense of the Christian faith through logic and reason. The idea is to 'defend' Christianity from nay sayers like me by proving that Christianity is true.

If you do not feel the need to do this that's cool. But that is the purpose of this forum so maybe you should expect more questions form atheists.
I will defend the faith when it comes to false doctrines... After all.. faith comes by HEARING the Word of God. (Romans 10:17) That I will defend. To prove to a godless person God exists? When it took God to prove it to me? I grew up Jewish.... No Christianity and Jesus in my home. Yet, Jesus knew what it would take to open my eyes. Its not the same for everyone.
Ah - then chatting with atheists is probably not for you. We think there is no reason to believe in any gods. You will not find detailed discussions on doctrine here since we are not convinced that any of it is real.
You? To me? What you do is like a gay man demanding proof from me to prove to him the females are sexually attractive.
Wow.
To me you are spiritually gay. "Hi, my name is Bob, and I am an Atheist." Ok... Nice to have met you.
Wow.
You are wasting your time. If this is all the time you have to "exist" in? I would not waste time trying to prove to others this is all there is.
Okie dokie.
I know one thing.. it really bugs certain atheists that Christians seem to have something. And, its your goal to dissolve the delusion.. to prove to yourself its not real. Again? Wasting your precious time. If I knew this is all there was? I would not be wasting my time on those who think life is bigger than I realized.
This is not true. But if you feel like it is some kind of jealousy that motivates us that's cool.
The Crusades are behind us. Today the crusaders have become the godless communists and radicals. Go reason with them.
Wow.

If they come looking for me? They can find me at the Stand Up Club. You're slow. Dangerously so. Stay in the far right lane.
Ad Hominum.
If there were no Christians (or, religions) you would have no purpose in life, and would die of boredom. Our faith actually gives you purpose and motivation for a reason for your life. How ironic.
We may find out. Christianity is shrinking every year by record numbers. Christians will be a minority in the USA in the next ten years. Non-believers already make up 25% of Americans. People who belong to a church are in the minority today as attendance continues to fall.

So Christianity will fade in our lifetimes. Maybe I'll take up knitting.

Religion is Satan's ace trump.... It entraps and controls the lives of people with fear and superstitions. Christianity is not a religion when its really Christianity. But, you'll never understand that one. So, don't ask.

All the horrible sufferings you described? In most recent history.. is to be attributed greatly to atheistic Communism. Which is a secular "religion."
So get off your high horse with me. Godless atheistic communism was responsible for millions of murders of anyone who resisted it. Millions of Christians were murdered when Communism took over China and Russia... And, Hitler was not a pope. Religion is not the problem you make it out to be.

In the mean while... Enjoy your millions of abortions.... and the wide variety of unstable sexual perversions. (that's so much better than religion to you)

Look at your own shoes.
Christianity is a religion... period. Full stop. These silly claims that it isn't a religion are nothing more than special case pleading and an embracement of the No True Scotsman fallacy.

LOTS of suffering, both recent and past, is attributable to religion. Neither atheism nor communism is a religion... nor were the acts conducted in China and Russia morivated by atheism or communism (rather, it is about power control for those in charge). But as usual, conservative Christians desperately need their straw boogeyman to throw stones at.

Hitler was not an atheist. Atheism is not the problem you make it out to be. And religion is more of a problem than your are willing to admit/accept.

Look at your own shoes.

Ok.
And how do you know that what you're using are objective evidence, and logical reasoning?

After all, you're telling us that we're not using either, so it seems to me that makes objective evidence and logical reasoning the sole purview of the atheist, and nobody else.
Thanks for admitting you don't understand what objective evidence and logical reasoning are. I'll give you a hint, they aren't based on faith or belief in regard to truth and reality.

Back