The Value of Evangelism in Reform Theology

Sorry world is a bigger term than sheep

and includes those who will never believe

John 12:47 —KJV
“And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.”
The World of the Sheep is quite large, a world that has a people so numerous that no man can number

You don't go by what scripture does not say but what it says, especially when it is specific. Christ specifically said He died for the Sheep. Beyond that you are speculating. That is not faith in the word of God!
You do

you add the word alone to John

as I told you

I like red skittles does not mean I don't like blue skittles

Your logic is defective

You do

you add the word alone to John

as I told you

I like red skittles does not mean I don't like blue skittles

Your logic is defective
You teach speculation and not the Gospel promises of God. Who did Jesus specifically come to save Matt 1:21

You teach speculation and not the Gospel promises of God. Who did Jesus specifically come to save Matt 1:21

Scripture is not speculation

John 3:16 —KJV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

b. of all mankind, but especially of believers, as the object of God’s love J 3:16, 17c; 6:33, 51; 12:47.

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 446.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

b. of all mankind, but especially of believers, as the object of God’s love J 3:16, 17c; 6:33, 51; 12:47.

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 446.
Scripture isn't but your imagination and speculation is. Who is Christ promised to save Matt 1 21

Scripture isn't but your imagination and speculation is. Who is Christ promised to save Matt 1 21
He saves all who believe having given his life for all

Once again it's His Sheep or People!

Once again it's His Sheep or People!
Sheep was not the definition given by the lexicon

It doesnt have to say sheep in the lexicon. Lexicons are not the scripture. Who did Jesus die for Jn 10 ? Its not in the lexicon

It doesnt have to say sheep in the lexicon. Lexicons are not the scripture. Who did Jesus die for Jn 10 ? Its not in the lexicon
The scripture does not say sheep either

and John's use of world precludes such limitation

“And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.”

You keep skipping over the "but especially of believers" part.

You keep skipping over the "but especially of believers" part.
Not at all

They would of course be included in all mankind even especially so

However it does seem you skip the all mankind which cannot be eliminated from the definition

;b. of all mankind, but especially of believers, as the object of God’s love J 3:16, 17c; 6:33, 51; 12:47.

The scripture does not say sheep either

I showed you Sheep enough!

Exactly, especially qualifies who Jesus is a Saviour to, believers, the sheep or those who had been ordained to eternal life Acts13:48

Not to mention that John 3:16 specifically teaches the exact same thing, for anyone who would bother to read it:

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Summarizing, "God gives believers eternal life BECAUSE He loves "the world" in this particular way.

So if you make "world" and "believers" refer to two different groups, you make nonsense of the passage.

Not to mention that John 3:16 specifically teaches the exact same thing, for anyone who would bother to read it:

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Summarizing, "God gives believers eternal life BECAUSE He loves "the world" in this particular way.

So if you make "world" and "believers" refer to two different groups, you make nonsense of the passage.
I like that. The world of believers He so Loved !

I showed you Sheep enough!
You mean you ignored what was stated and just added in sheep

The scripture does not say sheep

You want to see it again ? Who did the Shepherd specifically state e was laying down His Life for Jn 10:15

As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

You want to see it again ? Who did the Shepherd specifically state e was laying down His Life for Jn 10:15

As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
And again the word alone does not appear in the passage

brightfame52

Well-known member​

TomFL said:

Back