Why Jews will never accept Jesus

He doesn't say he sanctifies you.
John 17:
15 I do not ask that Thou mayest take them out of the world, but that Thou mayest keep them out of the evil.

16 `Of the world they are not, as I of the world am not;

17 sanctify them in Thy truth, Thy word is truth;

18 as Thou didst send me to the world, I also did send them to the world;

19 and for them do I sanctify myself, that they also themselves may be sanctified in truth.

John 17:
15 I do not ask that Thou mayest take them out of the world, but that Thou mayest keep them out of the evil.

16 `Of the world they are not, as I of the world am not;

17 sanctify them in Thy truth, Thy word is truth;

18 as Thou didst send me to the world, I also did send them to the world;

19 and for them do I sanctify myself, that they also themselves may be sanctified in truth.
Yep, sanctified in God's truth, not in Jesus.

No, it's what the laws concerning Passover say. It's holy because it is set apart and kept the way it should be.
Are you talking about what scripture says or what the Rabbis say? I go strictly by scripture.
Can you show me where God said that if I can't clean my house of all the leaven, just ignore the day completely?

Are you talking about what scripture says or what the Rabbis say? I go strictly by scripture.
Can you show me where God said that if I can't clean my house of all the leaven, just ignore the day completely?
It says you're not keeping the Passover as it should be. 7 days without hametz...

It says you're not keeping the Passover as it should be. 7 days without hametz...
Maybe you need to review Exodus 12. It says for 7 days no leaven should be found in your home. I can't do that now. So I observe the day by setting it aside as a Holy day.

Maybe you need to review Exodus 12. It says for 7 days no leaven should be found in your home. I can't do that now. So I observe the day by setting it aside as a Holy day.
The Holy day is kept in part by eating what we can eat on the Passover, v16, etc.

Yep, read Exodus 12.

The Holy day is kept in part by eating what we can eat on the Passover, v16, etc.

Yep, read Exodus 12.
Yes, there are a lot of components to keeping Passover and you aren't keeping them all either...you can't be. So no point in trying to make me feel bad. Very hypocritical.

I just told you. You aren't keeping it according to God's instructions either. At least I admit it.
In what way? Please tell me?

And don't forget, the Passover doesn't apply to you, but, it's nice that you're trying to understand its meaning.

Last edited:
Back