Lutheran doctrine contradicts Lutheran doctrine (i.e. Exodus 12 – Passover Instituted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. I didn't mean that Jesus' dying on good Friday is NOT something we teach. We do. But what you posted is NOT about doctrines but is simply an explanation for a Greek idiom. That is all. Please learn the difference.

One's bias is very prevalent! Please learn to be consistent in one's teachings. Sigh.

Please disclose to every Lutheran the specific "official" Lutheran doctrine that shows the day of Christ's most Holy passion fell on the sixth day of the week, i.e. Friday.

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

One's bias is very prevalent! Please learn to be consistent in one's teachings. Sigh.

Please disclose to every Lutheran the specific "official" Lutheran doctrine that shows the day of Christ's most Holy passion fell on the sixth day of the week, i.e. Friday.

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
You do not get it...what you posted was simply an explanation of a Greek idioms. Greek idioms are not doctrines.

Hi Davbeh,

We have been discussing this topic for years and it has been pointed out for years that the in the church calendar Good Friday, like other particular days of remembrance or celebration, is a place holder. It isn't an attempt to observe the very day nor is it an attempt at explanation.

If you or someone else want to pretend that Jesus isn't the Christ, wasn't born of the virgin Mary, wasn't crucified for the sins of the world, wasn't raised for our justification, and doesn't make all things new in Him and therefore all are under the law then everyone who uses the calendar prevalent in the west will, depending on the year, will celebrate a Good Sunday, a Good Monday, a Good Tuesday, etc.
Unlike our calendar, the Hebrew calendar after accounting for the leftover days at the end of the year has a reset. In that way "Good Friday" will occur on the same day and date each year.

At the end of the day (no pun intended) you are still in the same place with regard to your claim, namely, there is no command to the Gentiles to adopt the Hebrew calendar.

One's place holder is contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (i.e. Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31; Matthew 19:17-19; John 4:22-24; 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21; Colossians 3:8-10)

One's place holder was established, and brought into the life of the Church, by a "pagan" god, supposedly by a truer order. (i.e. Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's "accursed" doctrine.)

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

You do not get it...what you posted was simply an explanation of a Greek idioms. Greek idioms are not doctrines.
So, in other words, one cannot produce an official Lutheran doctrine regarding the observance of the day of Christ's most Holy passion.

Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's doctrines are "not" Christian doctrines. So why observe them in practice? They are "not" Holy Spirit inspired. They are in fact, "accursed" doctrines.

Or, do you just not get it?

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

So, in other words, one cannot produce an official Lutheran doctrine regarding the observance of the day of Christ's most Holy passion.

Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's doctrines are "not" Christian doctrines. So why observe them in practice? They are "not" Holy Spirit inspired. They are in fact, "accursed" doctrines.

Or, do you just not get it?

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
No, in other words an explanation for what a Greek idiom means in English is not an official doctrine.

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Our church does teach that Jesus most likely died on Friday, due to Scriptural evidence. However, I don't think my church has a dogmatic declaration that Jesus died on Friday that we MUST believe, or be excommunicated from our church. :rolleyes:

No, in other words an explanation for what a Greek idiom means in English is not an official doctrine.

Still waiting for that official Lutheran doctrine regarding the observance of the day of Christ's most Holy passion within the Lutheran church.

Take all the time one wants. One won't find one.

However, according to the premise in the original post, one will find that Lutheran doctrine is indeed contradicting Lutheran doctrine, "contrary" to the Holy Scriptures. (i.e. bearing "false" witness against one's neighbor - Matthew 19:17-19; Colossians 3:8-10)

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

One's place holder is contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (i.e. Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31; Matthew 19:17-19; John 4:22-24; 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21; Colossians 3:8-10)

One's place holder was established, and brought into the life of the Church, by a "pagan" god, supposedly by a truer order. (i.e. Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's "accursed" doctrine.)

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
No, place holders are place holders.

Btw, even if it what you cited were an official doctrine then there would be no disagreement. The title of your thread is still false.

Still waiting for that official Lutheran doctrine regarding the observance of the day of Christ's most Holy passion within the Lutheran church.

Take all the time one wants. One won't find one.

However, according to the premise in the original post, one will find that Lutheran doctrine is indeed contradicting Lutheran doctrine, "contrary" to the Holy Scriptures. (i.e. bearing "false" witness against one's neighbor - Matthew 19:17-19; Colossians 3:8-10)

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
You don't get it--there is no contradiction, but differences of opinion. And kindly remember, that discussion of what a Greek idiom means is not an "official doctrine" in our church.

Jesus was crucified on a Friday. We are not going by the Pope or Catholicism. The Bible makes that clear.
If the Bible makes that clear, then there would be an official Lutheran doctrine to affirm it. (i.e. the Lutheran doctrine that affirms Resurrection Sunday)

If the Bible makes that clear, then properly prove how Jesus, his family, and all of their friends, observed the Passover "according to the Scriptures", during their lifetimes. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - "twilight" - one Holy Spirit "inspired" version - "not" two (LCMS) (WELS))

All who profess to be Lutheran, are not to make public or declare for truth, anything that cannot be properly proved with clear evidence. (i.e. Lutheran Confessions - Book of Concord's explanation of the eighth commandment)

Does one get it now?

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

No, place holders are place holders.

Btw, even if it what you cited were an official doctrine then there would be no disagreement. The title of your thread is still false.
Nonsense.

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Nonsense.

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Using that logic then place holder could mean fried chicken with a side of slaw and evryone should believe it because someone said it was so.

If the Bible makes that clear, then there would be an official Lutheran doctrine to affirm it. (i.e. the Lutheran doctrine that affirms Resurrection Sunday)
Should that official doctrinal statement come before or after the official doctrinal staement on the virgin Mary's baby being named Jesus?

Does one get it now?

Using that logic then place holder could mean fried chicken with a side of slaw and evryone should believe it because someone said it was so.
Properly prove how Jesus, his family, and all of their friends, observed the Passover "according to the Scriptures", during their lifetimes. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - "twilight" - one Holy Spirit "inspired" version - "not" two (LCMS) (WELS))

Either position (1), (2), or (3), illustrated in the original post.

Or does one have any other crazy, delusional meanings of (between the two evenings - twilight - Exodus 12:6) that one would want to add, in order to poison the well? (i.e. Jude 1:4)

One does realize that the Constantinian faithful on earth, are "not" faithful Christian saints on earth.

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Should that official doctrinal statement come before or after the official doctrinal staement on the virgin Mary's baby being named Jesus?

Does one get it now?

Remember that it was your premise to begin with, that implied, that Holy Spirit inspired Truth also needed to be represented by official Lutheran doctrine, in order to first be true. (i.e. post #6)

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Remember that it was your premise to begin with, that implied, that Holy Spirit inspired Truth also needed to be represented by official Lutheran doctrine, in order to first be true. (i.e. post #6)

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
That is your inference.

But after looking at post six I am reminded that you still haven't provided official Lutheran doctrine and no Scriptural evidence that Moses and the congregation obeyed the command perfectly.

Properly prove how Jesus, his family, and all of their friends, observed the Passover "according to the Scriptures", during their lifetimes. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - "twilight" - one Holy Spirit "inspired" version - "not" two (LCMS) (WELS))

Either position (1), (2), or (3), illustrated in the original post.

Or does one have any other crazy, delusional meanings of (between the two evenings - twilight - Exodus 12:6) that one would want to add, in order to poison the well? (i.e. Jude 1:4)

One does realize that the Constantinian faithful on earth, are "not" faithful Christian saints on earth.

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Since the gospels are true and we affirm them what is there to prove? You can quote them as well as we can.

That is your inference.

But after looking at post six I am reminded that you still haven't provided official Lutheran doctrine and no Scriptural evidence that Moses and the congregation obeyed the command perfectly.
Thank you for affirming that Holy Spirit inspired Truth, is always true, despite the lack of official Lutheran doctrine to back it up. (Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21)

What are you implying?

Did Moses and the congregation of Israel sacrifice swines on the thirteenth day of the first month at twilight, and throw all of the swine's blood on the roof tops of their houses. Of course not!

The LORD was their teacher, and the Israelites did just as the LORD commanded Moses and Aaron. To the Letter, and to the Spirit, of the LORD's commands. (i.e. (Exodus 12:28; Numbers 9:1-5))

It's blasphemous to the Holy Spirit even to suggest that Moses, Aaron, or the Israelites disobeyed the LORD's commands for the Passover memorial observance. (i.e. (Exodus 12:28; Numbers 9:1-5))

The Israelites did "everything" just as the LORD commanded Moses. Everything! Got it!

So answer the question in the original post.
Which position is bearing "false" witness, (1), (2), or (3), in regard to the appointed time?

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Thank you for affirming that Holy Spirit inspired Truth, is always true, despite the lack of official Lutheran doctrine to back it up. (Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21)
We find the truth in this regard in Scripture not in rationalizations about Scripture.

Summary accounts are summary accounts. A person's imagination which goes beyond the summary account belongs to that person rather than Scripture.

Last edited:
Since the gospels are true and we affirm them what is there to prove? You can quote them as well as we can.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Affirming the gospels with "lip service" on earth, and breaking the commands of God (i.e. (Matthew 19:17-19); (John 4:24)) for the sake of the Papacy's "non" Holy Spirit inspired traditions, is hypocritical. (i.e. (Matthew 15:3-9)

1 Thessalonians 5:19-21 NKJV
Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things, hold fast what is good.

One is "not" striving to love the LORD on earth with all of one's heart, with all of one's soul, with all of one's mind, and with all of one's strength. (i.e. Deuteronomy 4:39; Ephesians 4:4-6))

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back