Who here believes that Catholics aren't Christians?

That is why the vatican is so worried about Latin Americas. They are losing members.

I knew a Jewish woman who was dying and 2 spirit filled Catholic docs prayed over her, she had a miracle healing and recovered. Then she was referred to an Assembly of God church. Her terminal illnesss, her Docs, her healing her getting the church where God wanted her were not accidents.

So I have taught a lot of home Bible studies. Including some who don't do English. If they are Catholic, after a few times I ask them what they were trained in order to be save. They just don't know Jesus saves. Mostly infant baptism, being a good Catholic etc.
When JP2 died, I noticed that here in South Dallas (which is strongly Mexican in demographic) NO flags flew at half mast, while in the Northern part of Dallas, (lots of transplanted Westerners, and Yankees like me) many flags were at half mast. I turns out that Mexicans (Legal and otherwise) tend not to BE Roman Catholic. they're either nothing, or if they bother with Church at all, they tend to be Pentecostal.

Faith and trust in Christ to what end?
That Christ has indeed died for our salvation and that by trusting in him and living as he wants us to live, we can share his life.
If you could be a little more specific - what fundamental truths must you believe?
For instance, belief in the Trinity, the hypostatic union, salvation from sin.

Lol. The Catholic Church doesn't need scripture to provide proof of their false teachings. Just declare it's a teaching based on their sacred oral Tradition and it's done! Remarkable. Something that's never been turns into always was.

However, you cannot deny your Church does attempt to justify their fetid doctrines using scriptural testimony. All to no avail.
So, you cannot provide scriptural warrant for your presumption of needing scriptural warrant for any doctrine?

I would be one of those that think that. I think that of the members of all denominations, so its not personal or specific to the RCC.

That Christ has indeed died for our salvation and that by trusting in him and living as he wants us to live, we can share his life.

For instance, belief in the Trinity, the hypostatic union, salvation from sin.
belief in the Trinity, <<<<<<Show us all the explicit scriptures on that

the hypostatic union, <<<<<<<<<<<<Show us all the explicit scriptures on that

salvation from sin.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Show us all the explicit scriptures on that

Why didn't Jesus mention that to Nicodemus?

No. As per Hebrews 13 17 and Titus 3, we submit to and obey the authority of our leaders. That is scriptural. It is your opinion that the Church is teaching falsehoods, but I have every faith that the Church is led by the Holy Spirit as Jesus promised. There is nothing unChristian about that at all.
So by your response, you agree with PG's statement, 'Christians follow Christ, Catholics follow the Pope, and/or Mary.' Good to finally see a rc admit it so freely.

This is something that I've only just discovered is a thing.
I think the better question is; Is catholicism christian? By that i mean catholic theology. And that would be a big no. Catholic theology undermines the bible, the gospel and Jesus Himself at every turn. Can catholics be saved? Sure, just like any mormon, jw or muslim can. But it'd be in spite of their current teachings, not because of them.

No. As per Hebrews 13 17 and Titus 3, we submit to and obey the authority of our leaders. That is scriptural. It is your opinion that the Church is teaching falsehoods, but I have every faith that the Church is led by the Holy Spirit as Jesus promised. There is nothing unChristian about that at all.
It is your opinion the Catholic Church is led by the Holy Spirit.

You are not following the exact words of scripture but your interpretation of scripture. How do you know your interpretation of scripture is correct?
You are not following the exact words of scripture but your interpretation of scripture. How do you know your interpretation of scripture is correct?

I have ABSOLUTELY NO USE, or RESPECT for the Roman Catholic church Corp. But Individual Catholics are STILL reached by the Holy Spirit in spite of their church, and brought into relationship with God, and indwelled by His Spirit.
I agree.

Looks like we agree on some things!

Back