Pope backs civil unions

no human is sinless.

no human is infallible.
that mary is sinless is also upheld by the orthodox church and high church lutherans.

no human is infallible does not mean God cannot confer the gift of infallibility to man.

as usual... what you've posted isn't true. Those are lies taught to you by the RCC. When will you actually read what scripture does say?
here is what the bible actually says.... matt 16: 18-19 (chk the meaning of keys in isaiah 22:22)

yes, jesus established one church with himself as head and gave the keys of heaven to peter as his prime minister until he returns.
No he didn't give anything at all to your institution and its false teachers. If it followed Jesus it would not add to scripture.

that mary is sinless is also upheld by the orthodox church and high church lutherans.

no human is infallible does not mean God cannot confer the gift of infallibility to man.
Mary is not sinless. Scripture disagrees with you. God did not give that gift to evil men who were going to lead others on the wide road. He did not give it to anyone. HMMM just look at the present pope blessing idols.

No he didn't give anything at all to your institution and its false teachers. If it followed Jesus it would not add to scripture.
the bible EXPLICITLY says that jesus gave the keys of heaven to peter. do your agree or not? if you agree, then can you show the lineage of your leaders going all the way to peter?

the bible EXPLICITLY says that jesus gave the keys of heaven to peter. do your agree or not? if you agree, then can you show the lineage of your leaders going all the way to peter?

1 Peter 3:22

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

It is Jesus who has the authority I will only follow Jesus. I WILL not follow wolves, the leaders of your institution of are wolves and teach false doctrines. There is no such things as a lineage. Most of your leaders Peter would not eat with, this is because we are told not to sit down with sinners.

Ps 26:4

I do not sit with the deceitful, nor do I associate with hypocrites

1 Cor 5:11

But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

2 Thess 3:6

Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from every brother who leads an unruly life and not according to the tradition which you received from us.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Fellowship-With-Wicked

So I could not sit with most of your popes. I follow Jesus not your evil men.

mica said:
as usual... what you've posted isn't true. Those are lies taught to you by the RCC. When will you actually read what scripture does say?

here is what the bible actually says.... matt 16: 18-19 (chk the meaning of keys in isaiah 22:22)
no, you continually post that and what the RCC has taught you is not true. What would be the key to the kingdom? Jesus claimed He was the door...

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

It is Jesus who has the authority I will only follow Jesus. I WILL not follow wolves, the leaders of your institution of are wolves and teach false doctrines. There is no such things as a lineage. Most of your leaders Peter would not eat with, this is because we are told not to sit down with sinners.

But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from every brother who leads an unruly life and not according to the tradition which you received from us.

you are not answering... nice evade and deny!

thanks.

no, you continually post that and what the RCC has taught you is not true. What would be the key to the kingdom? Jesus claimed He was the door...
let us establish first the biblical fact the jesus established his church and gave the keys of heaven to peter, agree or not?

yes, He did. have you read the verses that come before that verse? Every believer has the keys to the kingdom. What unlocks (opens the door(Jesus) to the kingdom of God?

balshan said:

thanks.
iow, you have absolutely no understanding of what balshan's post says.

thanks.
The keys were not given to your institution. Mica answered. No more need to be said. You have no ideas what the keys are. You have no idea who is the real authority and it shows. I answered you just didn't like it.

By the way Peter would have done what scripture states he would not mix with the so called brothers who commit sins like sexual sin. That means he would not have anything to do with your sinful leaders.

Sorry, but I think that the Catholics on here are mentally and emotionally incapable of independent thought. They've sold their souls to the RCC for a feeling of security, no matter how false that feeling truly is. ?

--Rich

Sorry, but I think that the Catholics on here are mentally and emotionally incapable of independent thought. They've sold their souls to the RCC for a feeling of security, no matter how false that feeling truly is. ?

--Rich
Well they cannot disagree with its infallible teachings if they work out which one of the teachings is infallible.

We call these doctrines that all Catholics must accept de fide dogmas (or in some cases, ex cathedra). In a nutshell, though there are fine (sometimes very fine) distinctions that can be drawn, the Catholic is obliged, in the nature of the case, to accept all that the Church teaches.

mica said:

let us establish first the biblical fact the jesus established his church and gave the keys of heaven to peter, agree or not?
no, not FIRST. you answer my question. you also didn't answer my question about the keyring did you? (post 612)

that has been answered for you so many times on here by me and probably every other believer on here many times over. you just recycle your 2 steps / dodges / detours from answering questions asked to you.

btw, He also gave me the keys to heaven 40 some yrs ago.

obviously, the RCC doesn't teach the most important teachings regarding Christ.

yes, jesus established one church with himself as head and gave the keys of heaven to peter as his prime minister until he returns
That's not how the RCC interprets Matthew 16:18. From the Catechism:

424 Moved by the grace of the Holy Spirit and drawn by the Father, we believe in Jesus and confess: 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. On the rock of this faith confessed by St. Peter, Christ built his Church.

That's not how the RCC interprets Matthew 16:18. From the Catechism:

424 Moved by the grace of the Holy Spirit and drawn by the Father, we believe in Jesus and confess: 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. On the rock of this faith confessed by St. Peter, Christ built his Church.
that is only one statement in the catechism. in the footnotes there are citations to explain it and unfortunately most of the time are difficult to find. here is a passage from pope leo the great which is read on february 22, the feast of the chair of st. peter... https://www.crossroadsinitiative.com/media/articles/st-peter-and-the-keys-st-leo-the-great/

Back