My Methodist Church is leaving the denomination in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Jesus does in effect in the Matthew 19 passage you quoted yourself. If we look at the Genesis accounts Jesus is quoting from we can understand more, but seeing as you dont want to, if you address the question about what you quoted Jesus saying, you will also have to admit that same sex relations are the opposite of God's creation purpose.
Of course you cant address it without it being obvious same sex relations are the opposite of what God created.

So here is the question again.

Tell me how same sex relations fits in with His reason for creating male and female so that man shall leave his father and mother and be united with his wife?
Jesus pretty clear that God intent is hetrosexual sexual relationships between one man and Woman!

Jesus approved just hetrosexual behavior!
While preaching His gospel, Jesus had nothing to say about "same sex relations". That's just a fact. As sad as it is, unfortunately there seem to be more than a few who are more than willing to take the words spoken by Jesus while He preached His gospel out of context and then claim that they say something that they do not. They do not allow His words to speak for themselves. Not just the topic of "same sex relations", but many others as well.

It is my opinion that you are being trolled by someone who really does not want to know what God actually stated in the Bible, and if that ever happened, the poster has no intention of saying "God is correct in whatever He does" Nor does have any intention of OBEYING that God, his creator.

I agree with the above. Accusations of bigotry and more negatives were attributed to those who might disagree were present from the first. There really has not been and there is no indication at all of honest open-mindedness or fairness or objectivity in considering the biblical texts - Negative personal remarks towards those who disagree were posted from the get-go.

Last edited:
In the UK they are the first to be asking for believers to be prosecuted for quoting Jesus words.

My first response to that is "You have to be kidding! Jesus Christ a "bigoted homophobe".
Sadly, I believe you are accurate and that you are being truthful. in the "lame stream churches" in Great Brittan.

What do y'all do when the misinformed LBG (etc) folks cry out for your scalp? Do the Anglicans support you or are they silent? I ask because I understand that they are pro-Bible

While preaching His gospel, Jesus had nothing to say about "same sex relations". That's just a fact. As sad as it is, unfortunately there seem to be more than a few who are more than willing to take the words spoken by Jesus while He preached His gospel out of context and then claim that they say something that they do not. They do not allow His words to speak for themselves. Not just the topic of "same sex relations", but many others as well.
As we have seen He created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
He said everything we, and you need to know. To love Jesus and have faith in Him as the truth, one agrees He created man and woman to be in union, so not same sex.
Remember He also came to save and not condemn us because homosexual acts are not the only sin ; since when have any of us not had to battle selfishness every day?
But we cant have fellowship with people who simply promote sin and call others bigots and dishonest.

Actually heterosexual and homosexual wont help in understanding the Bible. With heterosexual only faithful man/woman union is countenanced, all other heterosexual activity is not God's purpose.

The same thing is happening in the Church of England with the 'living in love and faith' the whole church is supposed to be discussing.
Of course its the opposite of faith in Christ to be asked to listen to people's stories that are contrary to the Biblical testimony in order to come to some compromise. As we see here they have no intention of listing to Christ.
The Church of England is planning next steps for next year... its already a divided house that cannot stand.

Jesus never spoke against animal sex, but think that we cna gauge form the Bible that is always sin, as is always Homosexual and Lesbian activities!

My first response to that is "You have to be kidding! Jesus Christ a "bigoted homophobe".
Sadly, I believe you are accurate and that you are being truthful. in the "lame stream churches" in Great Brittan.

What do y'all do when the misinformed LBG (etc) folks cry out for your scalp? Do the Anglicans support you or are they silent? I ask because I understand that they are pro-Bible
It seems that over in the UK the 2 taboo groups, hands off, are LGBT and Islam!

As we have seen He created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
He said everything we, and you need to know. To love Jesus and have faith in Him as the truth, one agrees He created man and woman to be in union, so not same sex.
Remember He also came to save and not condemn us because homosexual acts are not the only sin ; since when have any of us not had to battle selfishness every day?
But we cant have fellowship with people who simply promote sin and call others bigots and dishonest.
Jesus never said many things, but that does not mean he approved, as we have to search the whole Bible, as Jesus is Lord in OT also!

Actually heterosexual and homosexual wont help in understanding the Bible. With heterosexual only faithful man/woman union is countenanced, all other heterosexual activity is not God's purpose.
Only permitted sexual activity within framework of a man and a woman , married in covenant with each other and God!

The same thing is happening in the Church of England with the 'living in love and faith' the whole church is supposed to be discussing.
Of course its the opposite of faith in Christ to be asked to listen to people's stories that are contrary to the Biblical testimony in order to come to some compromise. As we see here they have no intention of listing to Christ.
The Church of England is planning next steps for next year... its already a divided house that cannot stand.
Very simple answer is that is what happens when a church or a grouop decides that the scriptures will not be their final authority!

But He affirmed the reason God created male and female was so a man shall be united with his wife and the two shall become one flesh.
So there is also no reason for Him to say anything about the same sex relations His creation purpose excludes.
The words speak for themselves. All you are doing is avoiding acknowledging what Jesus says whilst accusing others of doing the very thing you do.
Even leading scholars such as William Loader and Bernadette Bruton admit there is absolutely no doubt the Bible excludes and condemns same sex relations. William Loader apparently said the reason he supports same sex as marriage is because he doesnt believe Jesus, and btw Bernadette identifies as a lesbian.

But He affirmed the reason God created male and female was so a man shall be united with his wife and the two shall become one flesh.
So there is also no reason for Him to say anything about the same sex relations His creation purpose excludes.
The words speak for themselves. All you are doing is avoiding acknowledging what Jesus says whilst accusing others of doing the very thing you do.
Even leading scholars such as William Loader and Bernadette Bruton admit there is absolutely no doubt the Bible excludes and condemns same sex relations. William Loader apparently said the reason he supports same sex as marriage is because he doesnt believe Jesus, and btw Bernadette identifies as a lesbian.
At least they are honest, as they cannot accept Jesus is God to hold to such views!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back