Obsession

And yet, Catholicism buries the true Gospel of Jesus Christ under a ton of man-made traditions and beliefs, especially in its Marolatry, making Jesus Christ take a back seat to His mom, except at Christmas and Easter...why would anyone want to do that, "teaching for doctrine the commandments of men"?

Just reading the Pericope every Sunday isn't enough--one must inwardly digest it and BELIEVE what it says--and act on it.
My mother was raised Catholic and I have been to Church with her several times and I do not see Mary taking presidency over Jesus in any Sunday.

Prevent does not mean forbid.
I would say you have to agree that the pope is head means you cannot disagree. You must agree with the dogma means you are forbidden to disagree with it. There are a heap of rules that must be obey.

My mother was raised Catholic and I have been to Church with her several times and I do not see Mary taking presidency over Jesus in any Sunday.
You didn't go to RC schools etc. Then you do not understand RC teachings. There is a focus on Mary.

Catechism

971 "All generations will call me blessed": "The Church's devotion to the Blessed Virgin is intrinsic to Christian worship." The Church rightly honors "the Blessed Virgin with special devotion. From the most ancient times the Blessed Virgin has been honored with the title of 'Mother of God,' to whose protection the faithful fly in all their dangers and needs.... This very special devotion ... differs essentially from the adoration which is given to the incarnate Word and equally to the Father and the Holy Spirit, and greatly fosters this adoration." The liturgical feasts dedicated to the Mother of God and Marian prayer, such as the rosary, an "epitome of the whole Gospel," express this devotion to the Virgin Mary.

Do you know how many Marian feast days there are in a year? Do you know the rosary? Do you know how many titles Mary has? Do you know how many scapula are in Mary's name and their function?

You have only been to mass several times? Your mother failed to bring you up RC?

You didn't go to RC schools etc. Then you do not understand RC teachings. There is a focus on Mary.

Catechism

971 "All generations will call me blessed": "The Church's devotion to the Blessed Virgin is intrinsic to Christian worship." The Church rightly honors "the Blessed Virgin with special devotion. From the most ancient times the Blessed Virgin has been honored with the title of 'Mother of God,' to whose protection the faithful fly in all their dangers and needs.... This very special devotion ... differs essentially from the adoration which is given to the incarnate Word and equally to the Father and the Holy Spirit, and greatly fosters this adoration." The liturgical feasts dedicated to the Mother of God and Marian prayer, such as the rosary, an "epitome of the whole Gospel," express this devotion to the Virgin Mary.

Do you know how many Marian feast days there are in a year? Do you know the rosary? Do you know how many titles Mary has? Do you know how many scapula are in Mary's name and their function?

You have only been to mass several times? Your mother failed to bring you up RC?
I'm not Catholic. I don't HAVE to believe the pope. And no she didn't FAIL, she chose to step away. I've been a lifelong student of religion and yes I'm aware of the teachings but I don't find problem with them. I don't spend my time tearing apart the RCC. My comment was specifically to Bonnie because we are friendly with one another and I was sharing my thoughts with her. I don't understand why do many people want to tear apart the Catholic Church but don't say which religion is the correct one. And furthermore none of you would agree on that anyway. So why specifically tear apart the RCC?

I'm not Catholic. I don't HAVE to believe the pope. And no she didn't FAIL, she chose to step away. I've been a lifelong student of religion and yes I'm aware of the teachings but I don't find problem with them. I don't spend my time tearing apart the RCC. My comment was specifically to Bonnie because we are friendly with one another and I was sharing my thoughts with her. I don't understand why do many people want to tear apart the Catholic Church but don't say which religion is the correct one. And furthermore none of you would agree on that anyway. So why specifically tear apart the RCC?
You would understand if you have been brought up RC and found out you were taught false doctrines. I had to relearn history after I left school because I was taught a false history. No denomination is totally correct that is why one does not follow man but Jesus and that means knowing His Word. True believers do not follow denominations.

The Rcc justifies it scandals that it has allowed throughout the centuries. The latest abuse scandals is a fine example of them allowing the laity to be abused. It is not the way of Jesus. It is not tearing the RCC apart it is pointing out its false teachings and claims. The scriptures tell us to discern the fruit. The fruit of the RcC smells. Those who are ex RCs know the changes it needs to make so it follows Jesus and not a pope.

Really we all agree on the main points on salvation being through Jesus. The bible is meant to be discussed an debated God knew humans like to debate and the things people disagree on do not affect salvation. The rcc has a works based salvation and this is wrong.

By the way if you are an RC you are meant to bring up your children RCs. That is why I was never married in the RCC, they wanted me to sign an oath to do so. I found out the truth not by joining another denomination but by reading the bible cover to cover and the truth about the RCC was revealed. Mary is hardly in scriptures at all, there is no praying to Mary or the saints in scriptures.

You cannot post to one person, post are open to all to respond.

Last edited:
My mother wasn't married in the RCC. She converted to Episcopal when she married my father. There was a time she considered returning to the RCC. I went with her several times. The only problem I have with no Church being correct is then where do we go for fellowship with others and where do we go to receive communion? That is what I am looking for. Personally what bothered me most about the Catholic Church was that when I was considering getting my daughter baptized I asked about it and they told me it was $100. They say that covers the cost of the books she needs to learn about the faith ... But no .. sorry... Baptism is free. So that ended my interest. I think I understand you though because when I was 17 I converted to Mormon. What a horrid choice that was. When I left I felt heart and soul sick about the lies I had been fed and how badly I was treated when I began questioning things which were clearly non-Biblical. So I get why you would be here and speaking against the RCC. I hope you have found something that brings you peace and truth.
You would understand if you have been brought up RC and found out you were taught false doctrines. I had to relearn history after I left school because I was taught a false history. No denomination is totally correct that is why one does not follow man but Jesus and that means knowing His Word. True believers do not follow denominations.

The Rcc justifies it scandals that it has allowed throughout the centuries. The latest abuse scandals is a fine example of them allowing the laity to be abused. It is not the way of Jesus. It is not tearing the RCC apart it is pointing out its false teachings and claims. The scriptures tell us to discern the fruit. The fruit of the RcC smells. Those who are ex RCs know the changes it needs to make so it follows Jesus and not a pope.

Really we all agree on the main points on salvation being through Jesus. The bible is meant to be discussed an debated God knew humans like to debate and the things people disagree on do not affect salvation. The rcc has a works based salvation and this is wrong.

By the way if you are an RC you are meant to bring up your children RCs. That is why I was never married in the RCC, they wanted me to sign an oath to do so. I found out the truth not by joining another denomination but by reading the bible cover to cover and the truth about the RCC was revealed. Mary is hardly in scriptures at all, there is no praying to Mary or the saints in scriptures.

You cannot post to one person, post are open to all to respond.

My mother wasn't married in the RCC. She converted to Episcopal when she married my father. There was a time she considered returning to the RCC. I went with her several times. The only problem I have with no Church being correct is then where do we go for fellowship with others and where do we go to receive communion? That is what I am looking for. Personally what bothered me most about the Catholic Church was that when I was considering getting my daughter baptized I asked about it and they told me it was $100. They say that covers the cost of the books she needs to learn about the faith ... But no .. sorry... Baptism is free. So that ended my interest. I think I understand you though because when I was 17 I converted to Mormon. What a horrid choice that was. When I left I felt heart and soul sick about the lies I had been fed and how badly I was treated when I began questioning things which were clearly non-Biblical. So I get why you would be here and speaking against the RCC. I hope you have found something that brings you peace and truth.
That is the problem we can fellowship with believers from all denominations that is the beauty of following Jesus and not man. In this country the Episcopalian church is the church of England. I never converted nor did I expect my husband to convert. We married in the registry office and have been married for 50 years. God put us together so I know He is happy with our union.

My mother was church of England and she didn't have a choice we had to be brought up RCs and be baptised RCs. My father was RC. I very quickly learnt growing up RC party always right and non RC always wrong. I saw priests go fishing with my father and getting drunk. My father was an alcoholic. But I found the false teachings very upsetting even as an 8 year old. I rejected Limbo for babies and now guess what it is not taught and is just considered a theory. God was showing me the flaws in the RCC as an 8 year old. My mother never discussed religion with us.

I did not find Jesus in the RCC but I did learn to pray. It is praying that brought me to read the bible and then to reflect on all that I was wrongly taught. Through the bible I found the real Jesus. That is why I am a strong believer in not following man but Jesus alone. If I am listening to a sermon I will say to myself where is that in scripture if it is off track.

I understand that feeling about lies, I hate lies. I also know from other institutions how being a thinking woman was not acceptable. I asked God why did he gave us a brain instead of a lobotomy. But God brought an old circuit methodist teacher into our lives and he taught me about Wesley's woman and about Catherine Booth and I saw that God gave us a brain for a reason. Women have a voice and a brain for a reason and it is good.

Last edited:
That is the problem we can fellowship with believers from all denominations that is the beauty of following Jesus and not man. In this country the Episcopalian church is the church of England. I never converted nor did I expect my husband to convert. We married in the registry office and have been married for 50 years. God put us together so I know He is happy with our union.

My mother was church of England and she didn't have a choice we had to be brought up RCs and be baptised RCs. My father was RC. I very quickly learnt growing up RC party always right and non RC always wrong. I saw priests go fishing with my father and getting drunk. My father was an alcoholic. But I found the false teachings very upsetting even as an 8 year old. I rejected Limbo for babies and now guess what it is not taught and is just considered a theory. God was showing me the flaws in the RCC as an 8 year old. My mother never discussed religion with us.

I did not find Jesus in the RCC but I did learn to pray. It is praying that brought me to read the bible and then to reflect on all that I was wrongly taught. Through the bible I found the real Jesus. That is why I am a strong believer in not following man but Jesus alone. If I am listening to a sermon I will say to myself where is that in scripture if it is off track.

I understand that feeling about lies, I hate lies. I also know from other institutions how being a thinking woman was not acceptable. I asked God why did he gave us a brain instead of a lobotomy. But God brought an old circuit methodist teacher into our lives and he taught me about Wesley's woman and about Catherine Booth and I saw that God gave us a brain for a reason. Women have a voice and a brain for a reason and it is good.
I think we are on the same page ?

I don't understand why do many people want to tear apart the Catholic Church but don't say which religion is the correct one.
Do you know the rosary?
DO YOU KNOW THE ROSARY? Most of it is about Jesus and the things that happened in His life, things worthy of lengthy meditation. Out of all the Mysteries only two deal with Mary specifically, and one of those could be interpreted as coming direct from Revelation where she could be seen as the "Queen of Heaven" that is mentioned there. The first part of the "Hail Mary" prayer also comes from the scriptures, specifically Luke 1:28 and Luke 1:42.

As I posted in another thread, the repetitiveness of this prayer is also no problem as such a thing is going on in heaven right now. (Rev 4:8). So actually, a little tweaking by removing those 1 or 2 mysteries I mentioned earlier with the 2nd part of the Hail Mary prayer and even the most ardent biblical fundamentalist would be able to pray the Rosary according to their doctrine which is Bible only.

Last edited:
DO YOU KNOW THE ROSARY? Most of it is about Jesus and the things that happened in His life, things worthy of lengthy meditation. Out of all the Mysteries only two deal with Mary specifically, and one of those could be interpreted as coming direct from Revelation where she could be seen as the "Queen of Heaven" that is mentioned there. The first part of the "Hail Mary" prayer also comes from the scriptures, specifically Luke 1:28 and Luke 1:42.

As I posted in another thread, the repetitiveness of this prayer is also no problem as such a thing is going on in heaven right now. (Rev 4:8). So actually, a little tweaking by removing those 1 or 2 mysteries I mentioned earlier with the 2nd part of the Hail Mary prayer and even the most ardent biblical fundamentalist would be able to pray the Rosary according to their doctrine which is Bible only.
I know the rosary, we were taught all about it in primary school. Yep so you say, but no it isn't. How fast can those old ladies get through those Rosaries. I was impressed by it. Of course non RCs could pray it but they wouldn't because Jesus never taught us to pray to Mary.

Which is sad. Time needs to be taken for meditation on Jesus and the things He went through.

But He said to meditate on what is written about Him and that is how I see the rosary prayer.
Well I hate to disappoint, the rosary is a total waste of time. It says to mediate on his word day and night. Not just some of his word but all of His word.

Ps 1:2

But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

Job 22:22

Please receive instruction from His mouth
And establish His words in your heart.

Ps 119:11

Your word I have treasured in my heart,
That I may not sin against You.

Ps 119:148

My eyes anticipate the night watches,
That I may meditate on Your word.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Meditation-On-God~s-Word

Well I hate to disappoint, the rosary is a total waste of time. It says to mediate on his word day and night. Not just some of his word but all of His word.
You are just being your usual self, you always disappoint. Meditation on God's word is a meditation and the rosary is a meditation - stop being so legalistic. Everything does not have to line up to a "T" with a specific scriptural passage.

You are just being your usual self, you always disappoint. Meditation on God's word is a meditation and the rosary is a meditation - stop being so legalistic. Everything does not have to line up to a "T" with a specific scriptural passage.
No I am just being honest. You of course are just being your loving self. The rosary is not mediation - stop being so RCC legalistic. If you are going to say it is scriptural then yes it does have to line up to a 'T'. If you are going to say something is of God then it needs to be in scripture otherwise it is just hearsay.

If you are going to say it is scriptural then yes it does have to line up to a 'T'.
No it does not.
The rosary is not mediation
Done properly it certainly is. If I take something that is written in the scriptures like Jesus's agony in the garden of Gethsemene and think about it for several minutes that is called a meditation and that would be completely scriptural.

No it does not.

Yes it does. Otherwise it is not scriptural.
Done properly it certainly is. If I take something that is written in the scriptures like Jesus's agony in the garden of Gethsemene and think about it for several minutes that is called a meditation and that would be completely scriptural.

No it isn't. Jesus He is not using pretty little beads and saying Hail Mary. He is praying to His father and that is completely scriptural.

Will someone please tell me why so many who post here are so obsessed with the RCC? You people must outnumber Catholics in this section by at least 10 to 1 and I don't understand why you would want to waste your valuable time and hang out here day after day. I mean really, you despise the faith tradition immensely so why would you even want to be where Catholics might be found. None of this makes any sense to me at all.

We are commanded by Jesus to preach the gospel. Catholics do not have a biblical model of salvation. It is our responsibility to reach the lost.

If you don't like us, we can't help that. As Martin Luther said "my conscience is captive to the Word of God".

We are commanded by Jesus to preach the gospel. Catholics do not have a biblical model of salvation. It is our responsibility to reach the lost.

If you don't like us, we can't help that. As Martin Luther said "my conscience is captive to the Word of God".

It is so sad that they don't know what salvation is or how to find it. Really I mean the info on the video states " when she is the subject of preaching and worship. How far away they are from salvation.

No it isn't. Jesus He is not using pretty little beads and saying Hail Mary. He is praying to His father and that is completely scriptural.
Please describe the form you use during your meditations? The rosary is a form of meditation that is well within the spirit of the scriptures, and you don't get to decide for everyone which form of meditation is correct. Such a thing is way beyond your pay grade as a mere follower of Christ and not a leader of His way that must be listened to or even considered as one has their own walk with Christ.

Back