Thief on the cross - forgiven how?

Except that you haven't actually provided me with any of your sources.
You've only given me your opinions, with statements that appear authoritative, without any bibliographic materials.
my source for Paul working for the temple (not the sanhedrin) is the book of acts. you've read the same verses. but you seem to be unaware that a temple guard works for the priests, not the rabbis.

At that time in history, the priesthood was dominated by Sadducees. Pharisaism was opposed by the priests because it took their power from them and put it into the hands of the ordinary Jew -- any Jewish man could study the Torah and obey it, rather than depend on the priests to do all your religious stuff for you. This last part is something that I've learned from many sources over the course of my life. I don't have a website if that is what you are looking for.

my source for Paul working for the temple (not the sanhedrin) is the book of acts. you've read the same verses. but you seem to be unaware that a temple guard works for the priests, not the rabbis. At that time in history, the priesthood was dominated by Sadducees. Pharisaism was opposed by the priests because it took their power from them and put it into the hands of the ordinary Jew -- whether or not to study the Torah and obey it, rather than depend on the priests to do all your religious stuff for you. This last part is something that I've learned from many sources over the course of my life. I don't have a website if that is what you are looking for.
I've seen nothing that shows that the pharisees were temple guards.

I've seen nothing that shows that the pharisees were temple guards.
I never said the pharisees were temple guards. Indeed I said the opposite, that the temple guards were employed by the priests, who were sadducees, rather than the sanhedrin, which was Pharisee. Paul did not work for the pharisees.

I never said the pharisees were temple guards. Indeed I said the opposite, that the temple guards were employed by the priests, who were sadducees, rather than the sanhedrin, which was Pharisee. Paul did not work for the pharisees.
Actually, you did.

Paul worked for the priests at the Temple-- he was what is known as a temple guard.

@Jewjitzu do you know which post number gives your summation of how Paul can't possibly have been a Pharisee?
Not off hand. But, one of the biggest thing is he isn't mentioned as a student of Gamaliel in Talmud. Such a great student, Pharisee of Pharisees would have been.

His association with the Sadducees in persecuting believers contrary to Gamaliel's teachings to be tolerant. This shows the early believers were not trinitarians, but believed Jesus was a regular man.

Also, basic things like teaching abrogation of the law concerning unclean foods, circumcision, etc.

@Jewjitzu do you know which post number gives your summation of how Paul can't possibly have been a Pharisee?
This doesn't help you.

One of the first things that false teachers do is to bring into question the truth.
If they can succeed in putting enough doubt into the credibility, they are able to break down the rest of the claims of the truth.

This was one of the first things that Jesus warned us about.

So, thanks, but your inability to provide anything that supports your beliefs shows me that you only have lies.

You really should read the new testament.

It's quite interesting.

Mat 24:4-51 HEBm 4 ויען ישוע ויאמר להם ראו פן יתעה אתכם איש׃ 5 כי רבים יבאו בשמי לאמר אני הוא המשיח והתעו רבים׃ 6 ואתם עתידים לשמע מלחמות ושמעות מלחמה ראו פן תבהלו כי היו תהיה כל זאת אך עדן אין הקץ׃ 7 כי יקום גוי על גוי וממלכה על ממלכה והיה רעב ודבר ורעש הנה והנה׃ 8 וכל אלה רק ראשית החבלים׃ 9 אז ימסרו אתכם לעני והמיתו אתכם והייתם שנואים לכל הגוים למען שמי׃ 10 ואז יכשלו רבים ומסרו איש את רעהו ושנאו איש את אחיו׃ 11 ונביאי שקר רבים יקומו והתעו רבים׃ 12 ומפני אשר ירבה הרשע תפוג אהבת רבים׃ 13 והמחכה עד עת קץ הוא יושע׃ 14 ותקרא בשורת המלכות הזאת בתבל כלה לעדות לכל הגוים ואחר יבוא הקץ׃ 15 לכן כאשר תראו שקוץ משמם האמור על ידי דניאל הנביא עומד במקום קדש הקרא יבין׃ 16 אז נוס ינוסו אנשי יהודה אל ההרים׃ 17 ואשר על הגג אל ירד לשאת דבר מביתו׃ 18 ואשר בשדה אל ישב הביתה לשאת את מלבושו׃ 19 ואוי להרות ולמיניקות בימים ההם׃ 20 אך התפללו אשר מנוסתכם לא תהיה בחרף ולא בשבת׃ 21 כי אז תהיה צרה גדולה אשר כמוה לא נהיתה מראשית העולם עד עתה וכמוה לא תהיה עוד׃ 22 ולולא נקצרו הימים ההם לא יושע כל בשר אך למען הבחירים יקצרו הימים ההם׃ 23 וכי יאמר אליכם איש בעת ההיא הנה פה המשיח או הנו שם אל תאמינו׃ 24 כי יקומו משיחי שקר ונביאי שקר ויתנו אתות גדלות ומופתים למען התעות אף את הבחירים אם יוכלו׃ 25 הנה מראש הגדתי לכם׃ 26 לכן כי יאמרו אליכם הנו במדבר אל תצאו הנו בחדרים אל תאמינו׃ 27 כי כברק היוצא ממזרח ומאיר עד מערב כן יהיה גם בואו של בן האדם׃ 28 כי באשר החלל שם יקבצו הנשרים׃ 29 ומיד אחרי צרת הימים ההם תחשך השמש והירח לא יגיה אורו והכוכבים יפלו מן השמים וכחות השמים יתמוטטו׃ 30 אז אות בן האדם יראה בשמים וספדו כל משפחות הארץ וראו את בן האדם בא עם ענני השמים בגבורה וכבוד רב׃ 31 וישלח את מלאכיו בקול שופר גדול ויקבצו את בחיריו מארבע הרוחות למקצה השמים ועד קצה השמים׃ 32 למדו נא את משל התאנה כאשר ירטב ענפה ופרחו עליה ידעתם כי קרוב הקיץ׃ 33 כן גם אתם בראותכם את כל אלה דעו כי קרוב הוא לפתח׃ 34 אמן אמר אני לכם כי לא יעבר הדור הזה עד אשר יהיו כל אלה׃ 35 השמים והארץ יעברו ודברי לא יעברון׃ 36 אך היום ההוא והשעה ההיא אין איש יודע אתה גם לא מלאכי השמים בלתי אבי לבדו׃ 37 וכימי נח כן יהיה גם בואו של בן האדם׃ 38 כי כאשר בימי המבול היו אכלים ושתים נשאים נשים ונתנים אתן לאנשים עד היום אשר בא נח אל התבה׃ 39 ולא ידעו עד בוא המבול וישחת את כלם כן יהיה גם בואו של בן האדם׃ 40 אז יהיו שנים בשדה אחד יאסף ואחד יעזב׃ 41 שתים טוחנות ברחים אחת תאסף ואחת תעזב׃ 42 לכן שקדו כי אינכם יודעים באי זו שעה יבא אדניכם׃ 43 ואת זאת הבינו אשר לו ידע בעל הבית באי זו אשמורה יבא הגנב כי עתה שקד ולא הניח לחתר את ביתו׃ 44 לכן היו נכונים גם אתם כי בשעה אשר לא תדמו יבוא בן האדם׃ 45 מי הוא אפוא העבד הנאמן והנבון אשר הפקידו אדניו על בני ביתו לתת להם את אכלם בעתו׃ 46 אשרי העבד אשר אדניו בבואו ימצאהו עשה כן׃ 47 אמן אמר אני לכם כי יפקידהו על כל אשר לו׃ 48 ואם העבד הרע יאמר בלבו בשש אדני לבוא׃ 49 ויחל להכות את חבריו ואכל ושתה עם הסובאים׃ 50 בוא יבוא אדני העבד ההוא ביום לא יצפה ובשעה לא ידע׃ 51 וישסף אתו וישים את חלקו עם החנפים שם תהיה היללה וחרק השנים׃

This doesn't help you.

One of the first things that false teachers do is to bring into question the truth.
If they can succeed in putting enough doubt into the credibility, they are able to break down the rest of the claims of the truth.

So, thanks, but your inability to provide anything that supports your beliefs shows me that you only have lies.

It's quite interesting.

Mat 24:4-51 HEBm 4 ויען ישוע ויאמר להם ראו פן יתעה אתכם איש׃ 5 כי רבים יבאו בשמי לאמר אני הוא המשיח והתעו רבים׃ 6 ואתם עתידים לשמע מלחמות ושמעות מלחמה ראו פן תבהלו כי היו תהיה כל זאת אך עדן אין הקץ׃ 7 כי יקום גוי על גוי וממלכה על ממלכה והיה רעב ודבר ורעש הנה והנה׃ 8 וכל אלה רק ראשית החבלים׃ 9 אז ימסרו אתכם לעני והמיתו אתכם והייתם שנואים לכל הגוים למען שמי׃ 10 ואז יכשלו רבים ומסרו איש את רעהו ושנאו איש את אחיו׃ 11 ונביאי שקר רבים יקומו והתעו רבים׃ 12 ומפני אשר ירבה הרשע תפוג אהבת רבים׃ 13 והמחכה עד עת קץ הוא יושע׃ 14 ותקרא בשורת המלכות הזאת בתבל כלה לעדות לכל הגוים ואחר יבוא הקץ׃ 15 לכן כאשר תראו שקוץ משמם האמור על ידי דניאל הנביא עומד במקום קדש הקרא יבין׃ 16 אז נוס ינוסו אנשי יהודה אל ההרים׃ 17 ואשר על הגג אל ירד לשאת דבר מביתו׃ 18 ואשר בשדה אל ישב הביתה לשאת את מלבושו׃ 19 ואוי להרות ולמיניקות בימים ההם׃ 20 אך התפללו אשר מנוסתכם לא תהיה בחרף ולא בשבת׃ 21 כי אז תהיה צרה גדולה אשר כמוה לא נהיתה מראשית העולם עד עתה וכמוה לא תהיה עוד׃ 22 ולולא נקצרו הימים ההם לא יושע כל בשר אך למען הבחירים יקצרו הימים ההם׃ 23 וכי יאמר אליכם איש בעת ההיא הנה פה המשיח או הנו שם אל תאמינו׃ 24 כי יקומו משיחי שקר ונביאי שקר ויתנו אתות גדלות ומופתים למען התעות אף את הבחירים אם יוכלו׃ 25 הנה מראש הגדתי לכם׃ 26 לכן כי יאמרו אליכם הנו במדבר אל תצאו הנו בחדרים אל תאמינו׃ 27 כי כברק היוצא ממזרח ומאיר עד מערב כן יהיה גם בואו של בן האדם׃ 28 כי באשר החלל שם יקבצו הנשרים׃ 29 ומיד אחרי צרת הימים ההם תחשך השמש והירח לא יגיה אורו והכוכבים יפלו מן השמים וכחות השמים יתמוטטו׃ 30 אז אות בן האדם יראה בשמים וספדו כל משפחות הארץ וראו את בן האדם בא עם ענני השמים בגבורה וכבוד רב׃ 31 וישלח את מלאכיו בקול שופר גדול ויקבצו את בחיריו מארבע הרוחות למקצה השמים ועד קצה השמים׃ 32 למדו נא את משל התאנה כאשר ירטב ענפה ופרחו עליה ידעתם כי קרוב הקיץ׃ 33 כן גם אתם בראותכם את כל אלה דעו כי קרוב הוא לפתח׃ 34 אמן אמר אני לכם כי לא יעבר הדור הזה עד אשר יהיו כל אלה׃ 35 השמים והארץ יעברו ודברי לא יעברון׃ 36 אך היום ההוא והשעה ההיא אין איש יודע אתה גם לא מלאכי השמים בלתי אבי לבדו׃ 37 וכימי נח כן יהיה גם בואו של בן האדם׃ 38 כי כאשר בימי המבול היו אכלים ושתים נשאים נשים ונתנים אתן לאנשים עד היום אשר בא נח אל התבה׃ 39 ולא ידעו עד בוא המבול וישחת את כלם כן יהיה גם בואו של בן האדם׃ 40 אז יהיו שנים בשדה אחד יאסף ואחד יעזב׃ 41 שתים טוחנות ברחים אחת תאסף ואחת תעזב׃ 42 לכן שקדו כי אינכם יודעים באי זו שעה יבא אדניכם׃ 43 ואת זאת הבינו אשר לו ידע בעל הבית באי זו אשמורה יבא הגנב כי עתה שקד ולא הניח לחתר את ביתו׃ 44 לכן היו נכונים גם אתם כי בשעה אשר לא תדמו יבוא בן האדם׃ 45 מי הוא אפוא העבד הנאמן והנבון אשר הפקידו אדניו על בני ביתו לתת להם את אכלם בעתו׃ 46 אשרי העבד אשר אדניו בבואו ימצאהו עשה כן׃ 47 אמן אמר אני לכם כי יפקידהו על כל אשר לו׃ 48 ואם העבד הרע יאמר בלבו בשש אדני לבוא׃ 49 ויחל להכות את חבריו ואכל ושתה עם הסובאים׃ 50 בוא יבוא אדני העבד ההוא ביום לא יצפה ובשעה לא ידע׃ 51 וישסף אתו וישים את חלקו עם החנפים שם תהיה היללה וחרק השנים׃
This doesn't help you. The false teachings of Paul are warned about in Deut 13 and 18. He's the teacher of lawlessness.

It cracks me up to see the NT in Hebrew. What a joke.

This doesn't help you.

It's quite interesting.

Why have you quoted Matthew in Hebrew? You might as well have quoted Matthew in French or Russian. We do not have any Hebrew manuscript of Matthew, so what you are using above is a quotation from the Greek to Hebrew. It's baffling to me.

And it does nothing to counter my claims that the NT teach false theology, misquote prophecy and make it up, and are inaccurate recordings of the life of Jesus.

Why is it that every time someone disagrees with them, people say, "Try reading the ..." when they know very well this is already true.

This doesn't help you. The false teachings of Paul are warned about in Deut 13 and 18. He's the teacher of lawlessness.
False teachings, and false teachers....
You're absolutely correct!

Ironically, you don't seem to be able to actually demonstrate that Paul's teachings are false.

Having spent the past 44 years reading the bible, repeatedly, I do see where he's dead on in his teachings.

We cannot be justified by keeping the law. Habakkuk 2:4, Genesis 15:6, Jeremiah 23:7, Isaiah 54:17.
We are however to keep the law, and as the Law is spiritual (Psalm 19:1-5, Romans 7:14)

It cracks me up to see the NT in Hebrew. What a joke.
Well of course. It by necessity of your beliefs must be any other language than Hebrew. That actually makes perfect sense.
If you actually believed YHVH, there'd be no problem whatsoever with Hebrew people who actually read the bible in their own language.

Why is it so hard for you to consider?
What do you find so loathsome about this?

Why have you quoted Matthew in Hebrew? You might as well have quoted Matthew in French or Russian. We do not have any Hebrew manuscript of Matthew, so what you are using above is a quotation from the Greek to Hebrew. It's baffling to me.
As Matthew was a Hebrew, the history that I've read is that it was originally written in Hebrew, not Greek.

So, I'm not particularly concerned that you are surprised by this.

And it does nothing to counter my claims that the NT teach false theology, misquote prophecy and make it up, and are inaccurate recordings of the life of Jesus.
You're indeed entitled to your own opinions. I'm still waiting for you to provide evidence that demonstrates that.
You've repeatedly failed to do this, and @Jewjitzu hasn't come to your deliverance.

Why is it that every time someone disagrees with them, people say, "Try reading the ..." when they know very well this is already true.
But you've never actually provided me with any evidence that corroborates your beliefs.

Quite frankly I'm surprised.
It's my understanding that the entire collection of the mishna, midrash, and other commentaries exist, dating back to Babylon, up through to at least Maimonides.
I'd have thought you would have studied these extensively by now.
They are after all the only support for your beliefs.

False teachings, and false teachers....
You're absolutely correct!

Ironically, you don't seem to be able to actually demonstrate that Paul's teachings are false.

Having spent the past 44 years reading the bible, repeatedly, I do see where he's dead on in his teachings.
Show me in the law where Jews can eat unclean food?

We cannot be justified by keeping the law. Habakkuk 2:4, Genesis 15:6, Jeremiah 23:7, Isaiah 54:17.
We are however to keep the law, and as the Law is spiritual (Psalm 19:1-5, Romans 7:14)
Ezekiel 18 says otherwise. Read it.

Well of course. It by necessity of your beliefs must be any other language than Hebrew. That actually makes perfect sense.
If you actually believed YHVH, there'd be no problem whatsoever with Hebrew people who actually read the bible in their own language.
That would be Tanakh only.

Why is it so hard for you to consider?
What do you find so loathsome about this?
The idolatry that is involved with worshipping a man.

As Matthew was a Hebrew, the history that I've read is that it was originally written in Hebrew, not Greek.
Yeah, I've heard that. The Eben Bochan dates to the 12th century?

So, I'm not particularly concerned that you are surprised by this.

You're indeed entitled to your own opinions. I'm still waiting for you to provide evidence that demonstrates that.
You've repeatedly failed to do this, and @Jewjitzu hasn't come to your deliverance.
You've been doing this 44 years and had no clue that echad has a singular usage? That's laughable. Start there.

But you've never actually provided me with any evidence that corroborates your beliefs.

Quite frankly I'm surprised.
It's my understanding that the entire collection of the mishna, midrash, and other commentaries exist, dating back to Babylon, up through to at least Maimonides.
I'd have thought you would have studied these extensively by now.
They are after all the only support for your beliefs.
It would take more than a life time. But, nothing so far justifies worshipping a man-god.

Last edited:
Show me in the law where Jews can eat unclean food?

Ezekiel 18 says otherwise. Read it.
Ok. Let's see.
As I recall, Ezekiel 18 is about living an honorable life that honors YHVH.

So, let's start here.

Eze 18:5 WEB “But if a man is just, and does that which is lawful and right,

According to Habakkuk 2:4, the just shall live by faith.
Exactly what the new testament says. Romans 3-5, and Galatians 3-4.

Doing what is lawful and right.
According to Romans 3:31, we fulfill the law by faith. According to Romans 8:3-8, the law is fully fulfilled by walking in the Spirit, which consists of focusing our thoughts on spiritual things. Jesus said that his words are Spirit and life, and psalm 19:1-5, it lists the things of God which are good, just, honorable, right, true, pure, etc.... . We then read in Philippians 4:8-9 that by thinking on pure, just, true, lovely, honorable, praiseworthy.... God will be with us.

That would be Tanakh only.
Yet you offer nothing to support that Matthew or the new testament for that matter isn't allowed to be written in Hebrew.

The idolatry that is involved with worshipping a man.
You have to assume that YHVH has never shown up in human flesh on earth.
It's pretty clear that he has when he came to Abraham in Genesis 18.
He ate with him. So, as humans are the only people who can eat.... I'm comfortable that Jesus is YHVH the Son.
Another collection of reasons I believe that Jesus is YHVH the Son is that there's no other name whereby we must be saved.
And considering that YHVH is the only Savior, according to Isaiah 43:10-11, Hosea 13:4, and never changes- Malachi 3:6, and Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever, .... this list goes on for quite a long time...

In John 1:1-3, Colossians 1:16-19, Ephesians 3:9, Hebrews 1:2-4, and elsewhere.... Jesus created everything that exists.
Nothing that does exist could exist without him.

It's curious because Elohim created us in the beginning, and YHVH spoke the cosmos into existence in Psalm 33.
In Hebrews 1, everything is sustained by the word of his power.
Reminds me of psalm 33.

Yeah, I've heard that. The Eben Bochan dates to the 12th century?

You've been doing this 44 years and had no clue that echad has a singular usage? That's laughable.

You haven't actually demonstrated that you're right about this.
Yachid is ordinal one.
Echad is a community of one.
Community is multiple parties.
One family
One people
One God.
Multiple members.

It would take more than a life time. But, nothing so far justifies worshipping a man-god.
And yet you have nothing to corroborate your opinions....

Ok. Let's see.
As I recall, Ezekiel 18 is about living an honorable life that honors YHVH.

So, let's start here.

Eze 18:5 WEB “But if a man is just, and does that which is lawful and right,

According to Habakkuk 2:4, the just shall live by faith.
By his faith, meaning believe and action. Your book of James speaks about this.

Exactly what the new testament says. Romans 3-5, and Galatians 3-4.

Doing what is lawful and right.
According to Romans 3:31, we fulfill the law by faith.
Demons believe too. How is their belief different than yours?

According to Romans 8:3-8, the law is fully fulfilled by walking in the Spirit,
Which Zechariah 7:12, Ezekiel 36:26-27, etc., is obedience to the law.

which consists of focusing our thoughts on spiritual things.
The law and loving God through obedience to his word.

Jesus said that his words are Spirit and life, and psalm 19:1-5, it lists the things of God which are good, just, honorable, right, true, pure, etc.... . We then read in Philippians 4:8-9 that by thinking on pure, just, true, lovely, honorable, praiseworthy.... God will be with us.
When you're obedient to his law.

Yet you offer nothing to support that Matthew or the new testament for that matter isn't allowed to be written in Hebrew.
I don't care that you presented that. It's just laughable to use it as a missionary tool.

You have to assume that YHVH has never shown up in human flesh on earth.
Which He hasn't. Deut 4:8,12,35, Isaiah 40:18,25;46:5, show He has no physical form, blood, nor is a man.

It's pretty clear that he has when he came to Abraham in Genesis 18.
It's clear there were 3 angels representing Him.

He ate with him. So, as humans are the only people who can eat.... I'm comfortable that Jesus is YHVH the Son.
Then you're comfortable with the embarrassment of your god sleeping and dedicating himself, 1 Kings 18:27. That's a powerful god, not!

Another collection of reasons I believe that Jesus is YHVH the Son is that there's no other name whereby we must be saved.
God the Father already has the name, and is stated in the NT as having saved Jesus. Jesus will bow his knees.

And considering that YHVH is the only Savior, according to Isaiah 43:10-11, Hosea 13:4, and never changes- Malachi 3:6, and Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever, .... this list goes on for quite a long time...
Actually. Jesus is not the same having taking on 2 natures, being born, beaten, died, etc. Hebrews 5:7.

In John 1:1-3, Colossians 1:16-19, Ephesians 3:9, Hebrews 1:2-4, and elsewhere.... Jesus created everything that exists.
Nothing that does exist could exist without him.
This is laughable.

This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself...

It's curious because Elohim created us in the beginning, and YHVH spoke the cosmos into existence in Psalm 33.
In Hebrews 1, everything is sustained by the word of his power.
Reminds me of psalm 33.
Yeah, except Jesus was formed in a womb, and acknowledges another as YHWH God.

Back