Pope backs civil unions

Jesus , the Apostles, the writers of the NT never once mentioned the deuterocanonicals as Scripture

Your Church and it unique Canon are in error.
Protestant authors Archer and Chirichigno list 340 places where the New Testament cites the Septuagint but only 33 places where it cites from the Masoretic Text rather than the Septuagint (G. Archer and G. C. Chirichigno, Old Testament Quotations in the New Testament: A Complete Survey, 25-32). For a full list of potential New Testament allusions to the deuterocanonical books, refer to this list compiled by Jimmy Akin.

Jesus and the apostles were ethnic Jews. Jesus started Christianity and his followers, Jews and gentiles, were called Christians.
Jesus did not start Christianity. He still went to synagogue and Temple. He tried to teach them what Judaism was meant to be. It was a sect of Judaism for decades. No they weren't in Jesus day. Try to stick to the truth.

Let us be totally honest Jesus and the apostles would have nothing to do with your institution. They would not share food with your leaders. They were righteous.

Jesus did not start Christianity. He still went to synagogue and Temple. He tried to teach them what Judaism was meant to be. It was a sect of Judaism for decades. No they weren't in Jesus day. Try to stick to the truth.

Let us be totally honest Jesus and the apostles would have nothing to do with your institution. They would not share food with your leaders. They were righteous.
That is not what the Bible is saying ... acts 11:26

Jesus never established your institution. It decided to ignore Jesus' teachings and make up its own. Yep your institution is a man made religion.
Check the founder of your institution in reference books and Internet. Compare it with the Catholic church's. Which is man-made?

Check the founder of your institution in reference books and Internet. Compare it with the Catholic church's. Which is man-made?
Jesus is the founder of my church, yep he is found in reference book and internet. He cannot be compared to your evil institution, I would never insult Him that way. Yours is man made. It cannot interpret scripture, it ignores the words of Jesus and the apostle, it follows the teaching of men.

Protestant authors Archer and Chirichigno list 340 places where the New Testament cites the Septuagint but only 33 places where it cites from the Masoretic Text rather than the Septuagint (G. Archer and G. C. Chirichigno, Old Testament Quotations in the New Testament: A Complete Survey, 25-32). For a full list of potential New Testament allusions to the deuterocanonical books, refer to this list compiled by Jimmy Akin.
From the list you referenced: http://www.cin.org/users/james/files/deutero3.htm

1st claim: Matthew 4:4 references Wisdom 16:26

Wisdom 16:26: That your children whom you loved might learn, O LORD,
that it is not the various kinds of fruits that nourish,
but your word that preserves those who believe you!

Matthew 4:4 But he answered, “It is written,
“ ‘Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”

but Deut 8:3 says: man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

1st claim is false: Strike ONE!

2nd claim: Matthew 4:15 references 1 Maccabees 5:15

1 Maccabees 5:15 “that “the inhabitants of Ptolemais, Tyre, and Sidon, and the whole of Gentile Galilee have joined forces to destroy us.”

Matthew 4:15 “Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles—

But wait!!! Matthew 4:14 says

to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah:”

Matthew 4 actually states that Isaiah is being quoted

2nd claim is false: Strike TWO!

3rd claim:
Matthew 5:18 references Baruch 4:1

Baruch 4:1 She is the book of the precepts of God,
the law that endures forever;
All who cling to her will live,
but those will die who forsake her.

Matthew 5:18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished

Isa 40:8 Your word, Lord, is eternal
it stands firm in the heavens

Isa 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,(
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

3rd claim is false: Strike THREE!

Etc etc etc

When you see how they misinterpret our posts and show such a lack of reading comprehension, it is no surprise that they do not understand scripture.
yes, it's astounding, isn't it? but then, I try to remember back to the days prior to when I was born again that I spent trying to read and understand scripture - that was a nightmare. my bible with English words in it might as well have been written in Greek for what little I could make sense of it. That all changed with the rebirth, a whole new world opened up to me then. That doesn't mean that I didn't need to read and re-read verses/sections, didn't need to look up meanings of words, do research, ask questions etc. I still do those things today (decades later). I will continue learning and growing in His word until I quit breathing here on earth.

From the list you referenced: http://www.cin.org/users/james/files/deutero3.htm

1st claim: Matthew 4:4 references Wisdom 16:26

Wisdom 16:26: That your children whom you loved might learn, O LORD,
that it is not the various kinds of fruits that nourish,
but your word that preserves those who believe you!

Matthew 4:4 But he answered, “It is written,
“ ‘Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”

but Deut 8:3 says: man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

1st claim is false: Strike ONE!

2nd claim: Matthew 4:15 references 1 Maccabees 5:15

1 Maccabees 5:15 “that “the inhabitants of Ptolemais, Tyre, and Sidon, and the whole of Gentile Galilee have joined forces to destroy us.”

Matthew 4:15 “Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles—

But wait!!! Matthew 4:14 says

to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah:”

Matthew 4 actually states that Isaiah is being quoted

2nd claim is false: Strike TWO!

3rd claim:
Matthew 5:18 references Baruch 4:1

Baruch 4:1 She is the book of the precepts of God,
the law that endures forever;
All who cling to her will live,
but those will die who forsake her.

Matthew 5:18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished

Isa 40:8 Your word, Lord, is eternal
it stands firm in the heavens

Isa 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,(
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

3rd claim is false: Strike THREE!

Etc etc etc
the article said 'allusions' which is not the same as 'reference'.

He is the founder of my church... which is His church! He's found all thru out scripture.

compare to the RCC? no question about it - the RCC is man made.
Jesus is the founder of my church, yep he is found in reference book and internet. He cannot be compared to your evil institution, I would never insult Him that way. Yours is man made. It cannot interpret scripture, it ignores the words of Jesus and the apostle, it follows the teaching of men.
name of your church so we can check in the internet? thanks.

the article said 'allusions' which is not the same as 'reference'.
1) The article DOESN"T say "allusion"
2) when I said, "Jesus , the Apostles, the writers of the NT never once mentioned the deuterocanonicals as Scripture"
it was YOU who provided that link

Back