Interpret John 1:1 by John 1:1.

You are not paying attention that since day, years, seasons and so forth did not happen until sometime during the fourth day, then days 1-4 could not have been 24 hours long because 24 hour days did not happen until sometime during the fourth day.
That makes no sense. You need days to have seasons, not seasons to have days.
And going by your logic of an evening and a morning on each day makes no sense because for the seventh day it does not say there was an evening and a morning a seventh day
Because Moses didn't write an evening and morning the Seventh-Day does not equate that it's not a 24 hour day. You're arguing from absence of evidence. You would need positive evidence that it's not a 24 hour day, and what length of time it is. Notice the continuing theme from the first to the Six-Day each is 24 hours. If the theme changes I believe Moses would have wrote it, or otherwise we continue with the same theme , 24-hour days.
. Or the seventh day in ongoing yet.

How could you have had 24 hour days when there were no seasons from days 1-3 and only sometime during the fourth day did seasons occur
Seasons is not a neccessary requirement for a day to exist
Read it carefully and it says that is when the greater one started ruling the day and the lesser one started ruling the night. Or so many hours of darkness and lightness only happened during the fourth day.
Here is where we differ, I believe God is powerful enough to create and sustain days and create and sustain nights without the need of a sun or a moon.

Because read the account of the fourth day and that is when he put the luminaries in the expanse to shine upon the earth and when days, seasons and years started. Meaning days 1-4 could not have been 24 hour days and instead are Gods days. How long a day is to God can be an untold amount of time. And we have people who think the days were 24 hours long.
Nonsense. That days, seasons, years, began at a certain point does not mean that it took days, plural, seasons, plural, years, plural etc. for the process of creation to occur. God spoke and it was! Interesting way you have of manipulating scripture to line up with your assumptions/presuppositions.

Nonsense. That days, seasons, years, began at a certain point does not mean that it took days, plural, seasons, plural, years, plural etc. for the process of creation to occur. God spoke and it was! Interesting way you have of manipulating scripture to line up with your assumptions/presuppositions.
The point is you can not say the days were 24 hours long each when there no 24 hour days until sometime during the fourth day correct?

The point is you can not say the days were 24 hours long each when there no 24 hour days until sometime during the fourth day correct?
I guess God did not know what He was talking about.
Genesis 1:1-5
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Genesis 1:5
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Genesis 1:8
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Genesis 1:13
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
Genesis 1:19
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
Genesis 1:23
23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
Genesis 1:31
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Genesis 2:2
2 And on the seventh day God e
nded his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

I guess God did not know what He was talking about.
Genesis 1:1-5
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Genesis 1:5
Genesis 1:8
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Genesis 1:13
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
Genesis 1:19
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
Genesis 1:23
23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
Genesis 1:31
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Genesis 2:2
2 And on the seventh day God e
nded his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Show me where it says the days were 24 hours long since 24 hour days did not start until sometime during the fourth day? Also show me where it says there was an evening and a morning the seventh day? The seventh day will not conclude until he says there was an evening and a morning a seventh day.

Show me where it says the days were 24 hours long since 24 hour days did not start until sometime during the fourth day? Also show me where it says there was an evening and a morning the seventh day? The seventh day will not conclude until he says there was an evening and a morning a seventh day.

Yes, God is indeed still in his Sabbath rest.

His works were finished from the foundation of the world...... For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Hebrews 4:3-4

It is not incumbent on me tp to show you anything. You have made up your mind what the first chapter of Genesis says and nothing anyone says will convince you that you are wrong.
Gen 1:4 says nothing about 24 hour periods. It says God divided something.
Let us consider for a moment that we are in the far North and there are times the sun is not seen for long periods. I look at my watch and it "says" 1:00 AM but it is pitch dark is it still "morning?"

It is not incumbent on me tp to show you anything. You have made up your mind what the first chapter of Genesis says and nothing anyone says will convince you that you are wrong.
Gen 1:4 says nothing about 24 hour periods. It says God divided something.

A 24 hour day is, by definition, one rotation of the earth relative to the sun.

Let us consider for a moment that we are in the far North and there are times the sun is not seen for long periods. I look at my watch and it "says" 1:00 AM but it is pitch dark is it still "morning?"
Your watch is referring to where the rotation of the earth is relative to the sun.

It is irrelevant whether you can see the sun or not - you can't see the sun at night time at the equator - so what?

A 24 hour day is, by definition, one rotation of the earth relative to the sun.
Tell God that.
Your watch is referring to where the rotation of the earth is relative to the sun.
The time displayed on my watch is completely independent of the rotation of the earth relative to the sun..

It is irrelevant whether you can see the sun or not - you can't see the sun at night time at the equator - so what?
Doesn't really address my question does it?

Logical fallacy. Argument from silence. If days 1-6 consisted of a evening and a morning do you supposed God changed it for day 7 to confuse us or something?

Logical fallacy. Argument from silence. If days 1-6 consisted of a evening and a morning do you supposed God changed it for day 7 to confuse us or something?
If day seven was completed it is obvious it would say and there was an evening and a morning a seventh day.

Days now are no different than days in genesis 1. A morning and an evening constitute a day which is 24 hours.
But it says on day 4 that is when the greater started to dominate the day and the lesser one started to dominate the night. Or 24 hour days did not start until sometime during the fourth day. It also says on day 4 that is when days, years and seasons started.

Days now are no different than days in genesis 1. A morning and an evening constitute a day which is 24 hours.

An 24 hour earth day is by definition the time it takes for the earth to rotate once relative to the sun. Without an earth and a son, you can't have one of these since that is what a 24 hour earth day IS by definition.

I am waiting for your explanation that since it clearly says days, seasons and years started on day 4 and how you will spin it that before that the days were still 24 hours long?

Re writing your rhetoric does not help your cause one bit.
Allow me to help you.
"His" =belonging to or associated with a male person or animal previously mentioned or easily identified.
Interpretation supersedes grammar, but the grammar has to support the interpretation.
Following the author of Isaiah "YHWH The Lord of Host" is associated with the person previously mentioned "YHWH The King of Israel". Stack you argument as high as you want, you cannot get around the grammar.
your grammer expose your IGNORANCES. listen to yourself, "we have to persons Yhwh king of Israel and Yhwh Lord of Host claiming to be a unity of one."
#1. How can God be a UINITY of ONE when a unity cosist of two or more united or Joined to make one? if so, you have two or more GODS

#2. Yhwh king of Israel and Yhwh Lord of Host is the same ONE PERSON, but no unity there. only two titles of the same one Person.

#3. Now listen to the TRUTH. Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." is this two person in UNITY? well lets see, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." Is this a unity of two persons? of course not. "I" is not a joing, nor is "I" united, unless you have two "I's" ... LOL, oh my this is two easy not ... 2 ... get it 2/two, to understand... lol.

PICJAG, 101G.

Back