Robert E Lee statue removed from Monument Avenue in Richmond VA

Who said wear a tin foil hat? I said your tin foil hat. Excellent reading comprehension
Let's see. I pointed out that you don't know the name of one of our two major political parties, and that makes you think I wear a tin foil hat?

Luckily, as during the time of the Civil War, Canada is still free. If Americans are, as you claim, enslaved, then it may be time to once again set up an Underground Railroad so the poor, wretched, huddled masses of Americans who yearn for freedom can find that freedom in Canada.
Do you really want all of America's whining conservatives heading up there?

Who said wear a tin foil hat? I said your tin foil hat. Excellent reading comprehension
No, you didn't. You said "[m]ight want to loosen the tin foil a little". Apparently the person with whom you were speaking to this to mean that you were going loosen your tin foil hate. That's what I took it to mean.

It's not others' reading comprehension that's to blame, it's (in the post in question, at least) your writing.

Joseph E Johnstone was also a Confederate general.
Johnston, like Lee, never forgot the magnanimity of the man to whom he surrendered. He would not allow criticism of Sherman in his presence. Sherman and Johnston corresponded frequently, and they met for friendly dinners in Washington whenever Johnston traveled there. When Sherman died, Johnston served as an honorary pallbearer at his funeral. During the procession in New York City on February 19, 1891, he kept his hat off as a sign of respect, although the weather was cold and rainy. Someone concerned for his health asked him to put on his hat, to which Johnston replied, "If I were in his place, and he were standing here in mine, he would not put on his hat." He did catch a cold that day, which developed into pneumonia and Johnston died 10 days later in Washington, D.C.

So one might indeed not have a statue for Johnstone because he probably supported slavery, but one might have a statue for him for his gratitude for forgiveness and reconciliation. Indeed one might not have a statue of Alan Turin because of his homosexual activities, but one might have a statue of him for his genius mathematics.

So we need to be careful of woke politics which tries to force its own particular politics on others for its own particular bias.

No, you didn't. You said "[m]ight want to loosen the tin foil a little". Apparently the person with whom you were speaking to this to mean that you were going loosen your tin foil hate. That's what I took it to mean.

It's not others' reading comprehension that's to blame, it's (in the post in question, at least) your writing.
Who cares what you took it to mean?

Was that a yes or no? If we are going to erase what you nuts see as our racist past then the Democrat Party should go as well right?
There is no attempt to erase our racist past. Removing these statues is an effort to stop honoring the traitors who waged a secessionist war against the USA in an effort to retain slavery.

Liberals and progressives would like to see an honest rendering of our past in history books.

Back