Robert E Lee statue removed from Monument Avenue in Richmond VA

There is no attempt to erase our racist past. Removing these statues is an effort to stop honoring the traitors who waged a secessionist war against the USA in an effort to retain slavery.
As ignorant of history as you are of biology.
Liberals and progressives would like to see an honest rendering of our past in history books.
So, you're against CRT?

How? It's all they've been talking about since Biden messed up in Afghanistan.
Has Fox News been talking about it? Have Republicans been talking about it? I've encountered one poster on this forum that refuses to acknowledge that tRump is responsible for the deal with the Taliban and the release of thousands of Taliban fighters.

There is no attempt to erase our racist past. Removing these statues is an effort to stop honoring the traitors who waged a secessionist war against the USA in an effort to retain slavery.

Liberals and progressives would like to see an honest rendering of our past in history books.
We should also disband your Democrat Party, the party of racism so you quit honoring it with your vote.

Has Fox News been talking about it? Have Republicans been talking about it? I've encountered one poster on this forum that refuses to acknowledge that tRump is responsible for the deal with the Taliban and the release of thousands of Taliban fighters.
Don't care. That's between you and him.

We should also disband your Democrat Party, the party of racism so you quit honoring it with your vote.
...except that (a) the "Democrat Party" (you should really learn its correct name) is not the "party of racism" or are we removing things because of racist pasts.

As ignorant of history as you are of biology.

So, you're against CRT?
Robert E. Lee was a stone-cold loser.
No general in U.S. history was defeated as unequivocally and as totally as Lee. For all his supposed strategic skill, his army was entirely destroyed. One-quarter of those who served under him were killed, and an additional half were wounded or captured. He was a traitor to the United States who killed more U.S. soldiers than any other enemy in the nation’s history, for the supremely evil cause of slavery. To boot, he was a cruel enslaver and a promoter of white supremacy until his death.

Who is defending Lee these days? Donald Trump, that is who!

“Robert E. Lee is considered by many Generals to be the greatest strategist of them all,” Trump wrote. “President Lincoln wanted him to command the North, in which case the war would have been over in one day. Robert E. Lee instead chose the other side because of his great love of Virginia, and except for Gettysburg, would have won the war. He should be remembered as perhaps the greatest unifying force after the war was over …

“If only we had Robert E. Lee to command our troops in Afghanistan, that disaster would have ended in a complete and total victory many years ago. What an embarrassment we are suffering because we don’t have the genius of a Robert E. Lee!”

The article I cited above asked a Civil War historian to evaluate Trump's comment and he provided a detailed takedown.

There is no excuse for anyone at this point in history to support the glorification of Confederate leaders.

And yes, I think that students should learn our unvarnished history.
And as far as I know, CRT is an academic discipline discussed at the university level.

Back