Robert E Lee statue removed from Monument Avenue in Richmond VA

Depends what you mean by sins. Are you saying animals are slaves as well, if so the Union was also guilty

but many confederates who did the fighting
didnt own slaves, and the confederates who did were also humans. So I suspect you are claiming the moral ground because you have decided it. Not that I don't agree with you because Jesus NT teaching is against being slaves of men or sin.

But you see in the case of Johnstone it seems that the forgiveness is freedom from the hatred. In the same way when the Charleston church shooting occurred on June 17, 2015, those in the congregation who had lost family and loved ones publicly forgave the shooter, yet the media reaction was to ban confederate flags. It takes a great deal to forgive but banning confederate flags hasnt been much of a success and hasnt made much difference.
Wrong. The removal of confederate flags has done much to help heal by acknowledging that this symbol of slavery has no place in the public square, and certainly no place of honor in this country.

Wrong. The removal of confederate flags has done much to help heal by acknowledging that this symbol of slavery has no place in the public square, and certainly no place of honor in this country.
I dont think so. There is more slavery today than there was then, as the sex trade.
The biggest group of victims being girls and women. The west is badly divided, the USA badly divided and the removal of confederate flags from the public square has removed the flags from private ownership.
The example of forgiveness sidelined by the example of forced division.
And it gets worse the mire woke society gets indoctrinated

Democrats put up statutes of their racist heros. Now they want to remove or whitewash their disgusting racist history. Shame on you. Turn in your official Democrat issued white hood.
Malarkey. Conservatives put up the statutes, started jim crow, and founded the KKK. Liberals, modern Democrats, oppose such things. Conservatives are trying to whitewash history and be misleading when talking about these topics, just like they are trying to do with the January 6th riot.

Your party.

There is no 'democratic party of the past'. The democrat party didn't magically change and 'switch' like you guys love to claim. The last KKK member to be elected to national office was a Democrat, one who was praised and euologized when he died, by the current president.
Yes, there is a a Democratic party of the past and a modern Democratic party.

Yes, the parties did switch polarities. The south has ALWAYS been staunchly conservative. It used to be overwhelming Democratic, but now it's overwhelming Republican... and still staunchly conservative.

That Democrats have mastered hiding their racism (and in many cases shifted their racism to whites as well as blacks), does not magically make your mythical 'party switch' a reality. And actual, honest look, shows no party switch took place. The south wasn't even largely republican until the NINETIES.
And yet the conservative south used to be solidly Democratic, but now it's solidly Republican... and still conservative. So if there was no switch then how do you account for that?

Malarkey. Conservatives put up the statutes, started jim crow, and founded the KKK. Liberals, modern Democrats, oppose such things. Conservatives are trying to whitewash history and be misleading when talking about these topics, just like they are trying to do with the January 6th riot.
Which part of history? That the Democrats are the party of the KKK?

Show me where I mentioned liberals or progressives? Apparently your not good at lying either
Apparently you're in denial on this topic just as much as you are regarding tRump's crappy negotiating with the Taliban and releasing thousands of their people😆.

Back