Robert E Lee statue removed from Monument Avenue in Richmond VA

I dont think so. There is more slavery today than there was then, as the sex trade.
The biggest group of victims being girls and women. The west is badly divided, the USA badly divided and the removal of confederate flags from the public square has removed the flags from private ownership.
The example of forgiveness sidelined by the example of forced division.
And it gets worse the mire woke society gets indoctrinated
How does removing flags from the public square also remove flags from private ownership? Who is prevented from owning such a flag or prevented from buying one?
Forgiveness does not entail honoring symbols of hate by allowing their display in public places.

How does removing flags from the public square also remove flags from private ownership? Who is prevented from owning such a flag or prevented from buying one?
Forgiveness does not entail honoring symbols of hate by allowing their display in public places.
So banning flags from public square doesnt seem to help. An example of forgivenss might. If we honour examples of forgiveness it is more productive than try to ban things.
At the moment your loathing of the offense exceeds your loving of the reconciliation

So banning flags from public square doesnt seem to help. An example of forgivenss might. If we honour examples of forgiveness it is more productive than try to ban things.
At the moment your loathing of the offense exceeds your loving of the reconciliation
I think it is helping. It signals to the ancestors of slaves that we will no longer tolerate those who fought to retain slavery, ensuring them that we value them.

It makes no sense to honor someone who took his hat off at a funeral after spending considerable time leading troops to attack the USA in order to maintain slavery. If you want to honor honorable people, there are plenty of other people to choose from who led exemplary lives.

I think it is helping. It signals to the ancestors of slaves that we will no longer tolerate those who fought to retain slavery, ensuring them that we value them.
Then I would still say at the moment your loathing of the offense exceeds your loving of the reconciliation

If you want to honor honorable people, there are plenty of other people to choose from who led exemplary lives.
Oh really? Give me an example of someone who has lead an exemplary life

Then I would still say at the moment your loathing of the offense exceeds your loving of the reconciliation

Oh really? Give me an example of someone who has lead an exemplary life
You are the one who wants to put up statues to people who engage in reconciliation, but can only seem to come up with Confederate generals to honor.

So do you have others on your list of people who deserve statues besides Confederates?

The fact is that poor people tend not to own cars and many black people are poor. Or they live in cities where cars are not needed.

This last one is from the Charlotte Observer but I cannot provide a link due to forum rules.

Your claims that progressives think blacks are stupid is not supportable. We are the ones aiming to make it easier for these citizens to vote.
You do realize the majority of black people think that voter ID should be required. Right?

That's how racist you are, you are trying to tell black people, who WANT this, that they don't know what they are talking about and that they should listen to white people like yourself.

I already stated that Dinesh D'Souza is a disgraced RWer and I see no reason to waste time reading anything he has written.
If you think he made valid points, then go ahead and present them.

"Dog whistles" is a widely used term based on the advice of Lee Atwater:

I see no mention of the KKK here, and it sounds like a charming place:

So again, you can't come up with anything he got wrong.

As to the dog whistles, only you and your brethren can hear them, which indicates to me that just like actual dog whistles can be heard by only the dogs, you are the racists here.

Yes, there is a a Democratic party of the past and a modern Democratic party.

Yes, the parties did switch polarities. The south has ALWAYS been staunchly conservative. It used to be overwhelming Democratic, but now it's overwhelming Republican... and still staunchly conservative.
No, they did not. The actual facts don't back up your claims.

And yet the conservative south used to be solidly Democratic, but now it's solidly Republican... and still conservative. So if there was no switch then how do you account for that?
Maybe you should have read the article, bobbyboy.

You do realize the majority of black people think that voter ID should be required. Right?

That's how racist you are, you are trying to tell black people, who WANT this, that they don't know what they are talking about and that they should listen to white people like yourself.
I notice you present no link to support your claim.

So again, you can't come up with anything he got wrong.

As to the dog whistles, only you and your brethren can hear them, which indicates to me that just like actual dog whistles can be heard by only the dogs, you are the racists here.
I refuse to click on anything he writes.
If you think he has made good points, bring them up for discussion. It says a lot that you can't or won't do that.

Dog whistles have long been a tactic of the RW as pointed out by that Lee Atwater quote. Your disbelief is irrelevant to the actual reality.

You are the one who wants to put up statues to people who engage in reconciliation, but can only seem to come up with Confederate generals to honor.

So do you have others on your list of people who deserve statues besides Confederates?
No I am the one who has said I wouldnt put statues up of anyone. Please read my posts and dont ask about doing what I have told you I wouldnt do.
And I asked you the question who has lead an exemplary life that you suggested because I would say there isnt anyone.

I refuse to click on anything he writes.
Well you had to click on it to see the writer, so....
If you think he has made good points, bring them up for discussion. It says a lot that you can't or won't do that.
I don't need to. They are there for anyone with working eyes to read. It says a lot that you can do nothing but ad hominid attacks instead of addressing the article.
Dog whistles have long been a tactic of the RW as pointed out by that Lee Atwater quote. Your disbelief is irrelevant to the actual reality.
Yet you and your fellow liberals are the only ones who seem to be able to hear these dog whistles. Funny that.

Back