Favorite TV shows theme music....

Never heard of this show. I was only 1 year old, when it first started, so maybe that is why....I don't remember my parents talking about it, so maybe they never watched it.
Where I live there are a few channels that show really old shows. One of the shows stars a young Betty White. Her voice sounded familiar but I didn't know it was her until the credits. I Married Elizabeth(?).

Where I live there are a few channels that show really old shows. One of the shows stars a young Betty White. Her voice sounded familiar but I didn't know it was her until the credits. I Married Elizabeth(?).
I didn't know Betty White was in an early TV show, in the 50's. :)

I didn't know Betty White was in an early TV show, in the 50's. :)
:) TV was definitely different back then. It looks like a single camera and 90% or better single set show. I guess a camera back then was really expensive.

I was sure Jose Feliciano sang that one. Did they have two versions of the opening theme?

Btw, you know you only liked Rawhide because you had a crush on Rowdy Yates.... ;)

Let's see...
When "A-Team" came out, I bought the sheet music.
I used to have theme from "St. Elsewhere" as my ringtone.

Airwolf was really cool.
Knight Rider
Barney Miller
Dallas (I loved the French Horn part)
Actually, I liked Gil Favor better--he had a more interesting face. Interesting can be better than handsome.

Never heard of the first show--I am surprised the estates for Rodgers and Hammerstein allowed their Edelweiss song to be used for a program about Nazis. I never liked that song very much, anyway...too insipid.

My husband and I watched the Blue and the Gray when it was on. I had forgotten what good music it had.

For my money, the best were in some westerns in the 50's. The following are 3 of my favorites:

(132) Rawhide Opening and Closing Credits and Theme Song - YouTube

The opening and closing songs are different, so be sure to listen to both. The song was written by Academy-award winning songwriters, so no wonder it is so good!

The next is my second favorite....and John Russell, the older dude on the left, is easy on the eyes, too!

(132) LAWMAN TV THEME - YouTube

Once again, this theme was written by Academy Award-winning songwriters.

My third favorite is in the next post.
Hawaii five -o "C'mon man!" LOL

So many of the shows mentioned I remember, how about when test patterns welcomed us on Saturday morning, waiting for cartoons to start? Yea...we were a great nation at one time. As far as theme songs go I've only once actually bought a music CD that featured a TV theme song. Heck, I even bought the 3 years series on DVD because it was clean, featured a compassionate and heroic main character and was a slice of life I related to.

So many of the shows mentioned I remember, how about when test patterns welcomed us on Saturday morning, waiting for cartoons to start? Yea...we were a great nation at one time. As far as theme songs go I've only once actually bought a music CD that featured a TV theme song. Heck, I even bought the 3 years series on DVD because it was clean, featured a compassionate and heroic main character and was a slice of life I related to.

Back