Sabbath Day Salvation

If our salvation is based on observing the seventh day sabbath,
Which of course is a false premise.
The Adventist's challenge is to reconcile that premise with the SDA false prophetess when she wrote this:
It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord.{6T 356.4}
does that mean the Jews already have salvation without Jesus?
No.

Philippians 3
2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation! 3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh, 4 though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; 6 concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Reactions: Mik
Sorry, I live in KJVO-Baptist land. (Although I've heard that the KJVO myth is derived from an SDA's work!)
So SDAs were around to influence 1611 AV KJV, translation ???

At least you called it a "myth".

"KJVO-Baptist land", I ran into one of your theology Professor once. They drill me seven time with the question, am I(specific to me) saved by keeping sabbath. I said No(Time specific answer). Then I turn around the question, "Are you(specific to them) saved by keeping Sunday ???" He took him a while to mutter a No, in reply.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Prologue:
AV Isa 28:21-23 For the LORD shall rise up as [in] mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as [in] the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act. 22 Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth. 23 Give ye ear, and hear my voice; hearken, and hear my speech.
This premise is based on fiction authored by a false prophetess. It is nonsense to refer to it to base any argument.
So when unfulfilled prophecy become sight and sound to your senses(fulfilled), you will still deny the truth of it ???

We will grieve with GOD over the loss of many in this issue.

BTW, Many still have some free will choice time left, to make changes in their opinion !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

So when unfulfilled prophecy become sight and sound to your senses
Aren't you forgetting something?
Yes, indeed.
There is no such prophecy to be fulfilled.

If you're finished with the red herrings, how would you respond to the OP?

Reactions: Mik
Prologue:
Actually, I find this question worded properly.

"Do Seventh Day Adventists actually believe that someday their salvation will depend on what day they go to church?", Short answer is Yes.

Is "that someday" today, No.

Will the first/sun day people make first/sun day a salvific issue, in the future with the laws of men and governments, YES !!!

AV Re 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

A future theocracy is not hard to spot at all. Are you ready for it's fulfillment ???

Just a note of comparison, in GOD's theocracy, had sabbath sins as a punishable sin with death.

Do you realize, how satan has counterfeits of GOD's authority ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
I fully realize how Satan counterfeits God's authority. He does that by getting people away from the authority of our founding apostles. If our emphasis is not their emphasis then our faith has been counterfeited.

"KJVO-Baptist land", I ran into one of your theology Professor once. They drill me seven time with the question, am I(specific to me) saved by keeping sabbath. I said No(Time specific answer). Then I turn around the question, "Are you(specific to them) saved by keeping Sunday ???" He took him a while to mutter a No, in reply.
Red herring, one which is rotten. I don't think you will ever find one of these in academia.
AV Re 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Please be my guest, and call it a 'non-truth' to GOD's Omniscience, in my testimony.

AV Jer 8:19-21 Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: [Is] not the LORD in Zion? [is] not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, [and] with strange vanities? 20 The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved. 21 For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me.

Another prophecy for some. Some of us, are very ripe for GOD's harvest already !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Aren't you forgetting something?
Yes, indeed.
There is no such prophecy to be fulfilled.
If you're finished with the red herrings, how would you respond to the OP?
Aren't you forgetting something ???

That GOD's Omniscience does not revolve around your own personal spiritual awareness.

Time will tell the Whole Truth between us. And someone or both in one degree or another will be wrong according to Divine Omniscience.

I can wait on GOD's revelation in prophecies.

Yours in Christ, Michael

AV Re 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Please be my guest, and call it a 'non-truth' to GOD's Omniscience, in my testimony.

AV Jer 8:19-21 Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: [Is] not the LORD in Zion? [is] not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, [and] with strange vanities? 20 The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved. 21 For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me.

Another prophecy for some. Some of us, are very ripe for GOD's harvest already !!!
You missed the point I made: There isn't a "Sunday Keeping" theologian in existence, other than a quack who has diverted from both Scripture and the historic creeds of the Christian church. This has been pointed out many times with references provided to you in other threads. I don't know why you would then quote a passage demonstrating God's anger directed to those grovelling to their graven images, when you grovel to Ellen's grave as your final authority.

To the point: you're the only Adventist (so far) who has responded to this thread, but you haven't answered the OP. Why is that?

All sins.
AV 1C 15:56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.

I can show you the sabbath law as a sin, can you show me a Sunday Law of GOD's Words showing a sin to disregard Sunday rest and worship ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

To the point: you're the only Adventist (so far) who has responded to this thread, but you haven't answered the OP. Why is that?
"Why is that?", I have priorities(order of precedence) in answering posts of others.

I have placed a higher value to answering @Biblican's posts, at this time.

Yours in Christ, Michael

O Israel, return to the Lord Say to Him, “Take away all iniquity; Receive us graciously, So that we may present the fruit of our lips. Hosea 14:1-2
If our salvation is based on observing the seventh day sabbath, does that mean the Jews already have salvation without Jesus?
It's conceivable that unbelieving Jews neglected the sabbath rest found in the Messiah and simply congregated on Saturday.

Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. Romans 9:32

The Jews were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had also been poured out on the Gentiles. 46 For they heard them praising and exalting God. Acts 10

AV 1C 15:56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.

I can show you the sabbath law as a sin, can you show me a Sunday Law of GOD's Words showing a sin to disregard Sunday rest and worship ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
How did the apostles teach it? What did Jesus mean when He told the woman at the well there would be a time when worship would not depend on going to any particular place?

Asking for something that doesn't exist is (yet) another red herring.
AV Re 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

We have different viewpoints about this scripture. Time will tell the truth, that GOD has let only a few to know, with certainty.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Back