Sabbath Day Salvation

Prologue:
AV Ro 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
How did the apostles teach it?
AV Ac 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Why would not Paul(an apostle) teach the truth about sabbath to Gentiles then ???

Your other option is to show Paul lied to the Gentiles ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

AV Re 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

We have different viewpoints about this scripture.
Immaterial to say the least. I found an observation about the passages you post when I opened my notes:
Your posting history is rife with condemnation of those who place their faith in Jesus, using passages you:
  • Admit you don't understand
  • Don't recognize as against the arguments you want to present
  • Have taken out of context to ignore their true meaning
  • Or allude to themes outside of Scripture with hopes others don't recognize their misapplication by the SDA church.
The same practice continues to this day.
Time will tell the truth, that GOD has let only a few to know, with certainty.
Again you missed the point: Time has already told the truth, nearly 2000 years ago.
I will stick to the Bible.

Prologue:
AV Ro 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
AV Ac 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Why would not Paul(an apostle) teach the truth about sabbath to Gentiles then ???

At least have the decency to find something in Scripture that supports your contention.

The same practice continues to this day.
AV 2Th 2:7-12 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

From time to time, I wonder why Paul did not offer more detail in the letters. Then it occurred to me, that kind of detail would have gotten Paul's words left out of scriptures, by those who have a poor understanding of the truth to begin with(not of the Holy Spirit).

Yours in Christ, Michael

At least have the decency to find something in Scripture that supports your contention.
Be my guest, please go first ...

Where in scriptures, does Paul teach assembling for worship as a replacement of sabbath in sunday time reference ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

AV 2Th 2:7-12 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

From time to time, I wonder why Paul did not offer more detail in the letters. Then it occurred to me, that kind of detail would have gotten Paul's words left out of scriptures, by those who have a poor understanding of the truth to begin with(not of the Holy Spirit).
2 Peter 3
14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Meanwhile, I wonder why you won't answer the OP.

Be my guest, please go first ...
You're the one bearing the burden to show salvation dependent on a day!
Where in scriptures, does Paul teach assembling for worship as a replacement of sabbath in sunday time reference ???
Galatians 4
8 But then, indeed, when you did not know God, you served those which by nature are not gods. 9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.

You can explain why you're devoted to the bondwoman covenant from Mount Sinai (v.24), which actually has relevance to the OP.

Prologue:
AV Ps 15:4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. [He that] sweareth to [his own] hurt, and changeth not.
Again you missed the point: Time has already told the truth, nearly 2000 years ago.
I will stick to the Bible.
AV Ro 14:4-10 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. 10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Of course, GOD will hold you accountable for your own words, to the perpetuity of Truth. And your consistent application of it.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
Paul was preaching the gospel to the Jews and that would be on the Sabbath. He wasn't telling them that their salvation depended on their going to church on the Sabbath. The commandment to keep the Sabbath as it was given originally by God to Moses, was all about physical rest and had nothing to do with going to church on a specific day. That rest was a foreshadow of the rest we have in Jesus as Paul taught it. If you are not resting in Jesus for your salvation you are not keeping the Sabbath in the truest sense. That's why the death penalty was associated with the Sabbath in the Old Covenant. If we don't rest in Jesus completely for our salvation we will die for there is no salvation apart from the plan of redemption that God has ordained. If you believe that someday your salvation will depend on anything else, then you have already denied Jesus which people will have to di in order to receive the mark of the beast.

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
What you fail to see in the scriptures you quote are descriptive of the event, there is no prescription or law to keep the seventh day sabbath.
Exodus 20:6-11 Are prescriptions they are not descriptive.

Prologue:
Actually, I find this question worded properly.

"Do Seventh Day Adventists actually believe that someday their salvation will depend on what day they go to church?", Short answer is Yes.

Is "that someday" today, No.

Will the first/sun day people make first/sun day a salvific issue, in the future with the laws of men and governments, YES !!!

AV Re 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

A future theocracy is not hard to spot at all. Are you ready for it's fulfillment ???

Just a note of comparison, in GOD's theocracy, had sabbath sins as a punishable sin with death.

Do you realize, how satan has counterfeits of GOD's authority ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Sabbath NEVER was given to the Church in the NT!

Prologue:
AV Ps 15:4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. [He that] sweareth to [his own] hurt, and changeth not.
Yes.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
AV Ro 14:4-10 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. 10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Of course, GOD will hold you accountable for your own words, to the perpetuity of Truth. And your consistent application of it.
This is consistent with what I posted - such liberty we have in Christianity does not exist under the dictates of the old covenant and the Sabbath it mandates.
I observed in the past that you post passages that you don't understand. You didn't respond to what I posted.

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.

Prologue:
Actually, I find this question worded properly.

"Do Seventh Day Adventists actually believe that someday their salvation will depend on what day they go to church?", Short answer is Yes.

Is "that someday" today, No.

Will the first/sun day people make first/sun day a salvific issue, in the future with the laws of men and governments, YES !!!

A future theocracy is not hard to spot at all. Are you ready for it's fulfillment ???

Just a note of comparison, in GOD's theocracy, had sabbath sins as a punishable sin with death.

Do you realize, how satan has counterfeits of GOD's authority ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Do Seventh Day Adventists actually believe that someday their salvation will depend on what day they go to church?", Short answer is Yes. That also means that Jews will also be saved by a day without Jesus.

Is there salvation in Jesus or a day?

Prologue:
AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

AV 1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

AV 1Jn 3:7-10 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Do Believe Jesus walked this earth in perpetual righteousness ???
This is a time dependent understanding, based on coming events.

AV Re 22:10-12 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Is sabbath keeping, "unjust" or "filthy", as compared to "righteous still" or "holy still", in comparison to Jesus' righteousness, and understanding ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

So SDAs were around to influence 1611 AV KJV, translation ???
No, it's not the translation that's the problem, it's the modern slavish idolization by KJVO-ists of one 400+ year old translation, with the denigration of ALL other translations.
At least you called it a "myth".
Not original. See the KJVO forum.
"KJVO-Baptist land", I ran into one of your theology Professor once. They drill me seven time with the question, am I(specific to me) saved by keeping sabbath. I said No(Time specific answer). Then I turn around the question, "Are you(specific to them) saved by keeping Sunday ???" He took him a while to mutter a No, in reply.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Sorry, I don't have any Professors, at least not since I left C. W. Post College in the 70's. And even so, one considers one day special, another believes another day special, and yet another considers all days the same. To paraphrase the Apostle Paul, "So what! We're not under the Law!"

--Rich

Prologue:
AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

AV 1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

AV 1Jn 3:7-10 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Do Believe Jesus walked this earth in perpetual righteousness ???

This is a time dependent understanding, based on coming events.

AV Re 22:10-12 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Is sabbath keeping, "unjust" or "filthy", as compared to "righteous still" or "holy still", in comparison to Jesus' righteousness, and understanding ???
Review what I wrote:

Time to fish or cut bait.

NO salvation has ever been based upon keeping the Sabbath!
When properly said, "NO salvation has ever been based upon keeping the Sabbath!" in known sin per GOD's Omniscience.

AV Jn 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

See Jesus' life for details !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Back