Sabbath Day Salvation

Prologue:
AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

Go ahead and steal from GOD.

AV 2C 5:10-11 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Judgment will follow, at "the judgment seat of Christ".
Both passages refer to a singular event in the past as the reason the children of Israel were charged with the Sabbath.
Once again you're quoting passages you doesn't understand.
AV Hb 4:9-11 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Okay, is the rest you talk about is Sunday rest, and/or holiness in a day, other than sabbath ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Prologue:
AV Gn 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
If our salvation is based on observing the seventh day sabbath, does that mean the Jews already have salvation without Jesus?
{Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}
As a rhetorical question, You must have evidence to support the conclusion loaded into the question, Please share ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Yes.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

This is consistent with what I posted - such liberty we have in Christianity does not exist under the dictates of the old covenant and the Sabbath it mandates.
I observed in the past that you post passages that you don't understand. You didn't respond to what I posted.
Jesus NEVER stated that the sabbath was the greatest Commandment, only Ellen White ever did that!

Do Seventh Day Adventists actually believe that someday their salvation will depend on what day they go to church?", Short answer is Yes. That also means that Jews will also be saved by a day without Jesus.

Is there salvation in Jesus or a day?
They hold that in the final Judgement, that none shall have Jesus to mediate for them, and that they must keep the Law, so who among them can be saved?

Be my guest, please go first ...

Where in scriptures, does Paul teach assembling for worship as a replacement of sabbath in sunday time reference ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
where in the espistles, anywhere, was the Church put back under the sabbath?

A future theocracy is not hard to spot at all. Are you ready for it's fulfillment ???
Not hard to spot at all? You've got one trying to impose its will on the world right now. It is killing Christians right now, not for when they worship, but who. It's the religion that your Dwight Nelson claims worships the same God as Christians do, but that they just call him by a different name. According to that god, though, Jesus is neither God nor the Son of God. That god offers no assurance of salvation, a salvation based entirely upon works. That god is not the God of Israel, it is not the God that Christians worship. Why would an Adventist, especially a pastor, believe such a thing?

By the way, four people in Kpachudu, Nigeria were killed on September 26, 2021, simply because they were Christians. But you don't recognize this for what it is because these people were killed for their belief in their Lord Jesus Christ, not for their belief that they must worship on a certain day.

Last edited:
Paul was preaching the gospel to the Jews and that would be on the Sabbath. He wasn't telling them that their salvation depended on their going to church on the Sabbath. The commandment to keep the Sabbath as it was given originally by God to Moses, was all about physical rest and had nothing to do with going to church on a specific day. That rest was a foreshadow of the rest we have in Jesus as Paul taught it. If you are not resting in Jesus for your salvation you are not keeping the Sabbath in the truest sense. That's why the death penalty was associated with the Sabbath in the Old Covenant. If we don't rest in Jesus completely for our salvation we will die for there is no salvation apart from the plan of redemption that God has ordained. If you believe that someday your salvation will depend on anything else, then you have already denied Jesus which people will have to di in order to receive the mark of the beast.
the true sabbath day rest per Hebrews is in Christ, as we then are resting from doing anything to save us or keep us right with God, as Jesus paid it all!

Prologue:
AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

AV 1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

AV 1Jn 3:7-10 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Do Believe Jesus walked this earth in perpetual righteousness ???

This is a time dependent understanding, based on coming events.

AV Re 22:10-12 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Is sabbath keeping, "unjust" or "filthy", as compared to "righteous still" or "holy still", in comparison to Jesus' righteousness, and understanding ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Again, are we under the old or the new Covenant, under the law or grace?

When properly said, "NO salvation has ever been based upon keeping the Sabbath!" in known sin per GOD's Omniscience.

AV Jn 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

See Jesus' life for details !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
Jesus vorn under the Law, under the Old Covenant, so he kept the law fully as met to by God, but now under the new Covenant, law no more, nor is sabbath!

Not hard to spot at all? You've got one trying to impose its will on the world right now. It is killing Christians right now, not for when they worship, but who. It's the religion that your Dwight Nelson claims worships the same God as Christians do, but that they just call him by a different name. According to that god, though, Jesus is neither God nor the Son of God. That god offers no assurance of salvation, a salvation based entirely upon works. That god is not the God of Israel, it is not the God that Christians worship.

By the way, four people in Kpachudu, Nigeria were killed on September 26, 2021, simply because they were Christians. But you don't recognize this for what it is because these people were killed for their belief in their Lord Jesus Christ, not for their belief that they must worship on a certain day.
Sda fulfill to the letter the ones Jesus talked about who mouth His name, but hearts far from him, as they strive to reach Him by law and own efforts, and not Grace!

Prologue:
AV Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Is Jesus Christ the same "yesterday", when he walked the earth ???

Is Jesus Christ the same "today", while he is walking in heaven ???

AV Isa 66:22-23 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, [that] from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Is Jesus Christ the same "forever", when he will be walking with the redeemed in "the new heavens and the new earth" ???

All these things I post, will be review as evidence at "the judgment seat of Christ".

Yours in Christ, Michael

AV Mt 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )

Identifying players and ideologies in Daniel have had issues before. And not following Jesus' understanding is also an issue in understanding.

AV Jn 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

We not agreeing is to be expected, but one group is willing to "kill" the other group, is to be expected as well.

AV Mt 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Satan has followers inside the SDA church, even at the top most levels, for "the shaking". And let this happen to promote free will choice to GOD ALONE in all groups !!!

AV Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

Quoting them is not evidence to me, as to their correctness. It happened to the Jews, and it happened to SDAs.

AV Dn 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

My guess is, not many understand what Daniel meant in the whole Book of Daniel. Wait for it !!!

AV Mt 25:8-13 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, [Not so]; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

The choice of many to heed the Holy Spirit now, and not later, when Jesus judges.
This posts asserts that the SDA church is packed with satanists and collects several passages that don't form any coherent thought.
Now, Who said a house divided will not stand?

This nonsense is about the same junk that other KJVOnlyists come up with. It doesn't stand as an argument, but rather an admission on your part of sharing in their grievous lunacy. Face it, the SDA foundation is based on a KJV mistranslation that isn't in the Word of God.

What is the difference in creation and procreation ???
You love diversions - and you still haven't satisfied anyone's "rules of evidence", and have diverted from God's message of redemption.

It is quite apparent that you have nothing to support your contention of salvation based on a day. Nothing.

Prologue:
AV Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Is Jesus Christ the same "yesterday", when he walked the earth ???

Is Jesus Christ the same "today", while he is walking in heaven ???

AV Isa 66:22-23 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, [that] from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Is Jesus Christ the same "forever", when he will be walking with the redeemed in "the new heavens and the new earth" ???

All these things I post, will be review as evidence at "the judgment seat of Christ".
This is an admission that the Sabbath didn't originate in the creation account. You're making progress.
Of course this is also an admission that you don't know Jesus nor God's promises in the vernacular familiar to the recipients, who know the passage of time that includes the new moons.

You still haven't responded to the OP. I guess that's why its author had to synthesize a response to frame your opinion.
Overall, it appears you not only don't know Jesus, but you assert a model of salvation that excludes Him.

Prologue:
AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

Go ahead and steal from GOD.
No.
I would prefer you show more than abject ignorance of God's redemption that excludes you from the passage you quoted above.

AV 2C 5:10-11 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Judgment will follow, at "the judgment seat of Christ".
We like to quote this passage to show the hollow fallacy of the SDA Investigative Judgment doctrine. But of course this is off-topic and doesn't support your contention of "salvation" based on your fleshly observance of the day without Christ.
AV Hb 4:9-11 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Exactly!
Why then are you hung up on a periodic Sabbath and ignoring God's rest it has led many of us to?
Okay, is the rest you talk about is Sunday rest, and/or holiness in a day, other than sabbath ???
Apparently you know nothing of God's rest, as demonstrated each time you allude to a periodic shadow.

There is no "if" - you haven't satisfied anyone's "rules of evidence", and have diverted from God's message of redemption.
It is quite apparent that you have nothing to support your contention of salvation based on a day. Nothing.
AV Jn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Are you ready to defend that Jesus does NOT expect this of everyone saved by Jesus' grace as shown to the woman caught in the sin of adultery, from the full Decalogue ???

More Evidence in works for Jesus to judge ...

Of course, if you want to accuse Jesus for not having "God's message of redemption" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

AV Jn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Are you ready to defend that Jesus does NOT expect this of everyone saved by Jesus' grace as shown to the woman caught in the sin of adultery, from the full Decalogue ???

More Evidence in works for Jesus to judge ...

Of course, if you want to accuse Jesus for not having "God's message of redemption" ???
Again...

This is an admission that the Sabbath didn't originate in the creation account.
Your assessment from your point of view, that do not match mine.
You're making progress.
Your opinion again.
Of course this is also an admission that you don't know Jesus nor God's promises in the vernacular familiar to the recipients, who know the passage of time that includes the new moons.
Your speculation on what I know. Should GOD use your evidence/witness or GOD's evidence/witness ??? I assure you, that I warn others about GOD's evidence/witness. It's Okay to ignore me, given that those who read understand who judges.
You still haven't responded to the OP. I guess that's why its author had to synthesize a response to frame your opinion.
Overall, it appears you not only don't know Jesus, but you assert a model of salvation that excludes Him.
Is this about my style or about what I belief, so I can determine whether ad hominem applies or not.

Are you equally concern about GOD's style of revelation in these days of GOD's free will choices to others ???

AV Mt 12:30-32 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the [world] to come.

Satan gets to fully prepare people in their free will choice, to choose against GOD, and GOD will let him do it.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Back