The New Covenant

Prologue:
My intent was to ask this as an open ended question, as possible.

AV 1Jn 3:6-9 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

In context to your quote are these words. Please define what sin is, in GOD's understanding spiritually ???

IOW, What is "the Son of God" going to "destroy the works of the devil" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

He has written His eternal laws on our conscience. Everything we need to know is there. We don't need to teach anyone the letter of any laws. Therefore, if our conscience does not condemn us, we have peace with God. And in return we receive everything we ask for in prayer, because we are keeping His laws. 1 John 3:21-24. Sin would be willfully going against our conscience. Anything done outside of faith is sin. And His commandments according to Jesus are to believe in Him. Believing in anything or anyone else is sin. And loving our neighbor as ourself as he commanded when He said to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

What I really love is we can have a personal relationship with God, and hear His voice. We can even ask Him questions and actually hear the answer immediately. The Spirit of Truth abides in us teaching us how to be more and more like God, to be righteous and even holy. Revelation 22:11

Last edited:
Icyspark, I am a dedicated Christian who has studied about the Sabbath and Covenants ever since I left the SDA denomination when I was 23. ... Each time I studied this subject, the Spirit taught me something new, until now I can teach. ... I love the Seventh-day Adventist denomination. What I hate are the false doctrines that are apathetic to sin from the Reformation that has infiltrated most denominations, actually including SDA, having to do with the reason Jesus came and what He accomplished. ...The Truth is we have to be righteous and holy from a new nature to enter heaven. Not by keeping laws with our carnal willpower, Romans 7:13; Romans 8:1-9 We MUST be born again, having been baptized with the Holy Spirit of God. ...
Icyspark said:
Do you agree that the law is what identifies sin?
Not anymore. Whatever is not of faith is sin. There are those keeping old laws by faith, when it was no longer a sin, but God honors them for obeying their conscience.

Galatians 3:19
What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made.

"Those who honor Me I will honor, but those who despise Me will be disdained." (1 Sam 2:30)

"If you will walk in My ways, [ "This is the way, walk in it" Isaiah 30:21]
And if you will keep My command, [Turn and Live Ezekiel 18:19]
I will give you a place among these standing [justified in God's sight] here." (Zech 3:6)

No one will strengthen himself Who lives in iniquity. (Ezekiel 7:13)

Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal:
“The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ turn from iniquity.” (2 Tim 2:19)

Last edited:
Icyspark said:
Do you agree that the law is what identifies sin?

"Those who honor Me I will honor, but those who despise Me will be disdained." (1 Sam 2:30)

"If you will walk in My ways, [ "This is the way, walk in it" Isaiah 30:21]
And if you will keep My command, [Turn and Live Ezekiel 18:19]
I will give you a place among these standing [justified in God's sight] here." (Zech 3:6)

No one will strengthen himself Who lives in iniquity. (Ezekiel 7:13)

Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal:
“The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ turn from iniquity.” (2 Tim 2:19)

LOVE God with all your heart, mind and strength, and LOVE your neighbor as yourself. Those are the laws written on our heart in the form that Jesus is God. Jesus taught to believe in Him. And also do unto others as ye would have them do unto you. These are His commands. 1 John 3:23-24

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made.

Yes, again, Galatians 3:19. It was merely a tutor, like kindergarten with object lessons and the tip of the iceberg toward righteousness. Jesus cured the NEED for the written illustrative Law.
Lady says;

What Law ??????
it was not what we refer to as the 10 Commandments
but as Paul says of those "Tutors and Governors"
The Levitical Priesthood = Eccestaicial and the tribe of Judah (Judicial = Lawyers
to Tutor; Teach, Minister and Judah as the Administration of the Government

This system was to last only until he who was the "Heir" should come

When reading the Book of Job
it is evident Job knew of the Law that was finally written down by Moses = Ex ch. 20

Prologue:
AV Mt 10:32-34 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
He has written His eternal laws on our conscience. Everything we need to know is there. We don't need to teach anyone the letter of any laws. Therefore, if our conscience does not condemn us, we have peace with God. And in return we receive everything we ask for in prayer, because we are keeping His laws. 1 John 3:21-24. Sin would be willfully going against our conscience. Anything done outside of faith is sin. And His commandments according to Jesus are to believe in Him. Believing in anything or anyone else is sin. And loving our neighbor as ourself as he commanded when He said to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

What I really love is we can have a personal relationship with God, and hear His voice. We can even ask Him questions and actually hear the answer immediately. The Spirit of Truth abides in us teaching us how to be more and more like God, to be righteous and even holy. Revelation 22:11
AV Ro 7:6-12 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter. 7 What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin [was] dead. 9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10 And the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me]. 12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

But did Jesus keep "the oldness of the letter" or "in newness of spirit" or both, in order to save us, while walking on earth ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

LOVE God with all your heart, mind and strength, and LOVE your neighbor as yourself. Those are the laws written on our heart in the form that Jesus is God. Jesus taught to believe in Him. And also do unto others as ye would have them do unto you. These are His commands. 1 John 3:23-24
In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 1 John 4:9

Prologue:
AV Mt 10:32-34 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Yours in Christ, Michael
and how do you confess Christ before men
hint hint hint Michael
it isn't words spoken

Prologue:
Spiritual synonyms abound in "the scripture" !!!
Sins unto death against your Spirit-filled conscience. Lawlessness of the royal law.
AV Ja 2:8-12 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all. 11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

So are the Decalogue, and "the royal law"(as written by GOD's Own Finger) and "the whole law" and "the law of liberty", Spiritual synonyms ???

Will the Holy Spirit confirm your answer as the Holy Spirit did for James, and even Paul too ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 1 John 4:9
Will the Holy Spirit confirm your answer as the Holy Spirit did for James, and even Paul too ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
When the Spirit of truth, has come...He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. John 16:13-15

When the Spirit of truth, has come...He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. John 16:13-15
AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

Has GOD change Their "holy" inventory lately ???

Jesus had sabbath personal time with GOD.

AV Lk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Jesus had sabbath corporate time with GOD's people too.

Yours in Christ, Michael

AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD,...

Has GOD change Their "holy" inventory lately ???

Jesus had sabbath personal time with GOD.

AV Lk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Jesus had sabbath corporate time with GOD's people too.

The Lord has sworn And will not relent,
‘You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek’
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant. Heb 7

For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all of one,
for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying:

“I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly" Heb 2

Prologue:
AV Re 16:4-7 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous [are] thy judgments.

The irony of this is, there needs to be living prophets in order to kill living prophets, in the time of the end during the seven last plagues.

How do we recognize living "saints" and "prophets" then ???
The Lord has sworn And will not relent,
‘You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek’
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant. Heb 7
For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all of one,
for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying:
“I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly" Heb 2
GOD will judge the sides taken to nullify, "my holy day" in violating the rest of the Decalogue.

Satan has always coveted "my holy day" to create a counterfeit sabbath day in Sunday, and will lie, cheat and kill to prove satan's authority in Sunday.

AV Hab 2:2-4 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make [it] plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. 3 For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. 4 Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

When prophecy becomes sight and sounds to our senses, we know who was right.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Satan has always coveted "my holy day" to create a counterfeit sabbath day in Sunday, and will lie, cheat and kill to prove satan's authority in Sunday.
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.
AV Hab 2:2-4 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make [it] plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. 3 For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. 4 Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 1 John 5

Let's take a look at the new covenant.

The promise of a new covenant is made in Jeremiah 31:31-34. Before the author of Hebrews quotes Jeremiah, he first details why there was a need for a new covenant in the first place (see vs 6-8):
Hebrews 8:6-13
6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8 But God found fault with the people and said:
“The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
11 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.
12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.In the above passage I've highlighted (and color coded) some of the aspects of this prophecy which are relevant to drawing a correct conclusion about the new covenant. Let's go through the prophecy one verse at a time.
Verse 6
The author notes that the new covenant is superior to the old one. Why does he tell us this? Because he says that this new covenant is "established on better promises."

Ok, stop. Now, ask yourself a couple things. Does the God of the Bible ever make anything less than perfect promises? Can a perfect God make anything less than a perfect promise?

Verse 7
This verse also notes the fact that there was something "wrong with that first covenant," such that there was a need to establish a new one.

Verse 8
After taking into account what verse 6 said about "better promises," it is pretty easy to understand what verse 8 is saying. It tells us where the imperfect promises came from: "God found fault with the people."

What do you suppose these faulty promises were?
Exodus 19:8
The people all responded together, “We will do everything the Lord has said.” So Moses brought their answer back to the Lord.
Exodus 24:3
When Moses went and told the people all the Lord’s words and laws, they responded with one voice, “Everything the Lord has said we will do.”

You may be wondering, "Are the people's promises to obey really the faulty promises to which the author of Hebrews was speaking? Let's just bypass the rest of verse 8 for a moment and look at verse 9. The LORD says the people "did not remain faithful to my covenant." Basically, the LORD provided a perfect set of laws for His chosen people. The people responded together, saying, "We will do everything the LORD has said. And later, in Exodus 24, "Everything the LORD has said we will do." But they didn't do what they promised to do. Thus, God found fault with them.

Please note, the LORD did not find fault with His perfect laws which were the foundation of the agreement between Himself and the people. The text is clear: "God found fault with the people."

Let's look at another aspect of what verse 8 tells us. It records the LORD as stating who the new covenant is for. "I will make a new covenant with the people of ISRAEL and with the people of JUDAH." This new covenant is ONLY with Israel and Judah. Gentiles are not mentioned as part of this covenant.

Verse 9 says this covenant will be different from the one the LORD made with those He lead out of Egypt. Why? Again, "because they did not remain faithful to my covenant."

Verse 10
This verse echoes verse 8 in saying that the new covenant will be "with the people of Israel." No Gentiles mentioned here either. But then we come to an interesting point about this new covenant. The LORD says He is going to put His laws in the minds of His people and write them on their hearts. Consider again that the LORD is perfect and the laws He gave to the Israelites were likewise perfect. So why would you suppose that His perfect laws could get any more perfect than what they were to begin with? Why would the LORD need to compose a new set of laws to write on the hearts of His people?

The new covenant, I believe, is merely taking the faulty promises of the people out of the equation. It is no longer having laws written on stone tablets and having the people promise to keep them. Instead the LORD promises to write His laws on the fleshy tablets of human hearts. It is no longer "we will do." Now it is allowing the Spirit to live within us to do the law which He has written on our hearts. The law is internalized for those who truly love the LORD.

Romans 8:13
For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

I pray this helps.

But for the grace of God go I,cyspark

Bump for @Christian SDA

and Michael Babbles on and on again
What;
Satan wants to have a Day to celebrate the Resurection
Really ???????
Michael,
it was on the Cross and the Resurrections (yes; both) where and when Christ got the Victory over Satan;
and now you want us to beleive Satan wants to "Memorialize" his defeat ????????????
W-o-W Michael, you are somptin else

Yours in Christ, Michael
And once again I ask;
where is Sabbath / Sunday mentioned in Habakkuk ?????

Hab. 1:1
The burden which Habakkuk the prophet did see.

2 O Lord, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear!
even cry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save!

3 Why dost thou shew me iniquity, and cause me to behold grievance?
for spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up strife and contention.

4 Therefore the law is slacked, and judgment doth never go forth:
for the wicked doth compass about the righteous;
therefore wrong judgment proceedeth

5 Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously:
for I will work a work in your days which ye will not believe,
though it be told you.
and John Marveled greatly
Rev.17:6

6 For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation,
which shall march through the breadth of the land,
to possess the dwellingplaces that are not their's.

I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower,
and will watch to see what he will say unto me,
and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

2 And the Lord answered me, and said,
Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables,

that he may run that readeth it.
spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,
(whoso readeth, let him understand:.)

3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time,
but at the end it shall speak, and not lie:
though it tarry, wait for it;

because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Blessed is he that readeth,
and they that hear the words of this prophecy,
and keep those things which are written therein:
for the time is at hand.

Once again, Michael;
And once again I ask;
where is Sabbath / Sunday mentioned in Habakkuk

Daniel 10:21​
But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth:​
and there is none that holdeth with me in these things,​
but Michael your prince.​

Noted in the Scripture of truth
or Johns Revelation
?????

Words of Christ; Michael
Matt.24:8
All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted,
and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations
for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended,
and shall betray one another,
and shall hate one another.

my name's sake, Michael; His Name Sake

Last edited:
Hi Icy, thought I might add a couple of clinkers to the debate. You have reminded us that the new covenant is only for Israel and Judah. That, of course, leaves gentiles free of the demands of the new old covenant. The only way for a gentile to become part of the new old covenant would be through the new old covenant law that allowed gentiles to become Israelites, circumcision. This, of course, causes a conundrum as noted in Acts 15:6-11. Gentiles need not be circumcised.

Jesus told the disciples to go into all the World, find Jews, tell them the Good News and circumcise them. Jesus didn't seem interested in the supremacy of Jew over gentile and Paul even wrote in Eph 2:15 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Yes Icy, the new covenant spells out who were the recipients of the covenant are, but the words of Jesus are for all mankind. Gentiles are not recipients of the new old covenant and therefore do not have to regard the rituals of that covenant including the Sabbath that SDAs tell us we must keep or we are lawless.

The promise of a new covenant is made in Jeremiah 31:31-34. Before the author of Hebrews quotes Jeremiah, he first details why there was a need for a new covenant in the first place (see vs 6-8):
6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8 But God found fault with the people and said:
“The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
11 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.In the above passage I've highlighted (and color coded) some of the aspects of this prophecy which are relevant to drawing a correct conclusion about the new covenant. Let's go through the prophecy one verse at a time.
Verse 6
The author notes that the new covenant is superior to the old one. Why does he tell us this? Because he says that this new covenant is "established on better promises."

Ok, stop. Now, ask yourself a couple things. Does the God of the Bible ever make anything less than perfect promises? Can a perfect God make anything less than a perfect promise?

Verse 7
This verse also notes the fact that there was something "wrong with that first covenant," such that there was a need to establish a new one.

Verse 8
After taking into account what verse 6 said about "better promises," it is pretty easy to understand what verse 8 is saying. It tells us where the imperfect promises came from: "God found fault with the people."

The people all responded together, “We will do everything the Lord has said.” So Moses brought their answer back to the Lord.
When Moses went and told the people all the Lord’s words and laws, they responded with one voice, “Everything the Lord has said we will do.”

You may be wondering, "Are the people's promises to obey really the faulty promises to which the author of Hebrews was speaking? Let's just bypass the rest of verse 8 for a moment and look at verse 9. The LORD says the people "did not remain faithful to my covenant." Basically, the LORD provided a perfect set of laws for His chosen people. The people responded together, saying, "We will do everything the LORD has said. And later, in Exodus 24, "Everything the LORD has said we will do." But they didn't do what they promised to do. Thus, God found fault with them.

Please note, the LORD did not find fault with His perfect laws which were the foundation of the agreement between Himself and the people. The text is clear: "God found fault with the people."

Let's look at another aspect of what verse 8 tells us. It records the LORD as stating who the new covenant is for. "I will make a new covenant with the people of ISRAEL and with the people of JUDAH." This new covenant is ONLY with Israel and Judah. Gentiles are not mentioned as part of this covenant.

Verse 9 says this covenant will be different from the one the LORD made with those He lead out of Egypt. Why? Again, "because they did not remain faithful to my covenant."

Verse 10
This verse echoes verse 8 in saying that the new covenant will be "with the people of Israel." No Gentiles mentioned here either. But then we come to an interesting point about this new covenant. The LORD says He is going to put His laws in the minds of His people and write them on their hearts. Consider again that the LORD is perfect and the laws He gave to the Israelites were likewise perfect. So why would you suppose that His perfect laws could get any more perfect than what they were to begin with? Why would the LORD need to compose a new set of laws to write on the hearts of His people?

The new covenant, I believe, is merely taking the faulty promises of the people out of the equation. It is no longer having laws written on stone tablets and having the people promise to keep them. Instead the LORD promises to write His laws on the fleshy tablets of human hearts. It is no longer "we will do." Now it is allowing the Spirit to live within us to do the law which He has written on our hearts. The law is internalized for those who truly love the LORD.

For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

I pray this helps.

Sin and Death vs. Spirit of Life
The Ten Commandments was the ministry of death. It was the letter of the law that kills. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ (the New Covenant) makes us free from the law of sin and death.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1-4

Glory of the New Covenant​

2 Corinthians 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

Prologue:
AV Re 16:4-7 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous [are] thy judgments.

The irony of this is, there needs to be living prophets in order to kill living prophets, in the time of the end during the seven last plagues.

How do we recognize living "saints" and "prophets" then ???

GOD will judge the sides taken to nullify, "my holy day" in violating the rest of the Decalogue.

When prophecy becomes sight and sounds to our senses, we know who was right.

Yours in Christ, Michael

The seventh day is the letter of the Sabbath, but how is that the Spirit of the Sabbath. Leviticus 23 shows all holy convocations, including the Sabbath day that point to JESUS as the substance. Unfortunately, you've made a day of the week an idol, and will never know the true Spirit of abiding in Jesus.

Jeremiah 31:
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt,
Not like the old covenant. Is it sin accrued to Adventists for not camping on this passage? Yes it is. All their sin negates their sabbath preening, James 2:10. What frauds.

SDA's do not want their posts deleted, but hurry to get others' posts deleted, sinning against Jesus' golden rule in Matt 7:12, sinning against His command to turn the other cheek, while failing to deny self (yet more sin!). All their sins deceive them thoroughly, see James 1:22! More sabbath-preening, negating, lawless sin on their account (see James 2:10 Sin Calculator App). They never seem to learn in their lawless, antichrist wickedness. The deceived SDA lawless keep zero days holy.

Verse 6

Verse 7

Verse 8

Verse 10

I pray this helps.

Surely it is sin for you to fail to camp on this:
Jeremiah 31:
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 NOT according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt,

Shall we check with James 2:10 to see if you are truly a law keeper? A keeper of days holy?

Did you avoid this passage in your opening posts because it does not help the SDA claims? More sin I bet!

SDA's do not want their posts deleted, but hurry to get others' posts deleted, sinning against Jesus' golden rule in Matt 7:12, sinning against His command to turn the other cheek, while failing to deny self (yet more sin!). All their sins deceive them thoroughly, see James 1:22! More sabbath-preening, negating, lawless sin on their account (see James 2:10 Sin Calculator App). They never seem to learn in their lawless, antichrist wickedness. The deceived SDA lawless keep zero days holy.

Back