Pope backs civil unions

it doesn't matter what the rcc 'decided' on. it doesn't teach what Jesus and the apostles taught so it's a false teacher. it also doesn't teach the rebirth, the gospel, when Jesus died or why. plus it teaches all of those unscriptural things - like submitting to a man for salvation.

believers don't fall for its lies. there are good reasons to know what His word really does teach.
and yet you continue using the 27 books new testament the catholic church decided in her councils in the 3-4ad... correct?

1Cor:11:17
Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not,
that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.

18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church,
I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

19 For there must be also heresies among you,
that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

20 When ye come together therefore into one place,
this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper:
and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in?
or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not?
what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

Ramcam says
paul posted the confession of faith in the real presence of Jesus christ in the euchareist which christians should approach with a clear conscience because it is the body and blood of Jesus christ that they are receiving (1cor11: 26-29). it is not just a mere commemoration but the sacrifice in calbary offered in an unbloody manner by the ministry of the priest.

That doesn't sound like a Holy Cookie and a sip of sour wine

mica said:
it doesn't matter what the rcc 'decided' on. it doesn't teach what Jesus and the apostles taught so it's a false teacher. it also doesn't teach the rebirth, the gospel, when Jesus died or why. plus it teaches all of those unscriptural things - like submitting to a man for salvation.

believers don't fall for its lies. there are good reasons to know what His word really does teach
and yet you continue using the 27 books new testament the catholic church decided in her councils in the 3-4ad... correct?
when will you use and believe His word?

the rcc had nothing to do with determining what is His word and what isn't. it thinks its word is His word.

paul posted the confession of faith in the real presence of Jesus christ in the euchareist which christians should approach with a clear conscience because it is the body and blood of Jesus christ that they are receiving (1cor11: 26-29). it is not just a mere commemoration but the sacrifice in calbary offered in an unbloody manner by the ministry of the priest.
you skipped these verses - but how can you remember that which you don't know or understand and haven't experienced?

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

catholics do this instead -

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

not ole rcc mantra but historical truth!
Not historical truth at all the RCC is a lying institution it lies about the truth, it lies about the good news, it lies about its history and it lies about its sin. It just lies and does not even recognize the truth.

I mean you claim Peter was the pope, there was never a pope in the NT church. The RCC claim he was the supreme leader yet you brought up the Corinth church. That church clearly shows that when it was falling into sin, it was Paul who told them what to do which was to expel certain sinners 1 Cor 5:11 is just one of those verses. Your institution does not even follow the writings of Paul. Paul contributed most to the NT and it is his writings that are ignored by your institution.

Paul posted it as a remembrance not the real presence (see post 1484). Paul posted faith is not by works, salvation cannot be earned. Paul posted the requirements for leaders in two books, your institution ignores those. Paul tells us what sin to discipline by removing the members. Your institution ignores those as well and in fact eats with sexual sinners every Sunday at communion. So many priests are sexual sinners. Your leaders do not have a Christlike mind as Paul said all believers need. The list of things written by Paul and ignored by your institution is long, very long and it shows your institution is not the NT church. In fact Paul is proof your institution did not exist in the NT times. Paul did not pray to the dead, he only prayed to the father. He only spoke the truth, he imitated Jesus not Peter. He followed Jesus not Peter.

1Cor:11:17
Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not,
that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.

18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church,
I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

19 For there must be also heresies among you,
that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

20 When ye come together therefore into one place,
this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper:
and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in?
or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not?
what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

Ramcam says

That doesn't sound like a Holy Cookie and a sip of sour wine
read further... 26 So it is the Lord’s death that you are heralding, whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, until he comes. 27 And therefore, if anyone eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord unworthily, he will be held to account for the Lord’s body and blood. 28 A man must examine himself first, and then eat of that bread and drink of that cup; 29 he is eating and drinking damnation to himself if he eats and drinks unworthily, not recognizing the Lord’s body for what it is.

Paul posted it as a remembrance not the real presence (see post 1484). Paul posted faith is not by works, salvation cannot be earned. Paul posted the requirements for leaders in two books, your institution ignores those. Paul tells us what sin to discipline by removing the members. Your institution ignores those as well and in fact eats with sexual sinners every Sunday at communion. So many priests are sexual sinners. Your leaders do not have a Christlike mind as Paul said all believers need. The list of things written by Paul and ignored by your institution is long, very long and it shows your institution is not the NT church. In fact Paul is proof your institution did not exist in the NT times. Paul did not pray to the dead, he only prayed to the father. He only spoke the truth, he imitated Jesus not Peter. He followed Jesus not Peter.
it is all about the sacred host and wine, not the ministers.

Not historical truth at all the RCC is a lying institution it lies about the truth, it lies about the good news, it lies about its history and it lies about its sin. It just lies and does not even recognize the truth.

I mean you claim Peter was the pope, there was never a pope in the NT church. The RCC claim he was the supreme leader yet you brought up the Corinth church. That church clearly shows that when it was falling into sin, it was Paul who told them what to do which was to expel certain sinners 1 Cor 5:11 is just one of those verses. Your institution does not even follow the writings of Paul. Paul contributed most to the NT and it is his writings that are ignored by your institution.
the historical truth of the nt that it is made up of 27 books, no more and no less. you believe them or not?

you skipped these verses - but how can you remember that which you don't know or understand and haven't experienced?

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

catholics do this instead -

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
For the Jewish people, “remembrance” is a liturgical term that denotes the offering of a priestly sacrifice, specifically a memorial sacrifice, because the prime function of a priest is “to offer gifts and sacrifices” (Heb. 8:3). The classic memorial sacrifice was the annual Passover, in which the ancient Hebrews, which included the Jews, sacrificed lambs and then ate them: “This day shall be for you a memorial day, and you shall keep it as a feast to the Lord. . .” (Exod. 12:14).

It is not a mental event as you may think. Paul used the term anamnesis and in Greek culture, it was a term used to denote the movement of an abstract idea into this material world. The Corinthians lived in a Greek culture and it would have been natural for them to understand anamnesis as describing this transfer from the heavenly world to the material world. Now ask yourself: What must the cup and the bread be to make possible this participation in the blood and body of Christ? The most obvious and logical answer is that the bread and cup of wine must really be the body and blood of Christ. This is also why one must examine himself first because taking the body and blood of jesus christ unworthily will bring damnation to himself.

when will you use and believe His word?

the rcc had nothing to do with determining what is His word and what isn't. it thinks its word is His word.
and yet you continue using the 27 nt books the catholic church determined, correct?

read further... 26 So it is the Lord’s death that you are heralding, whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, until he comes. 27 And therefore, if anyone eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord unworthily, he will be held to account for the Lord’s body and blood. 28 A man must examine himself first, and then eat of that bread and drink of that cup; 29 he is eating and drinking damnation to himself if he eats and drinks unworthily, not recognizing the Lord’s body for what it is.
out of context. read the whole ch. the ones before and after if needed.

what problem was Paul addressing with the people?

For the Jewish people, “remembrance” is a liturgical term that denotes the offering of a priestly sacrifice, specifically a memorial sacrifice, because the prime function of a priest is “to offer gifts and sacrifices” (Heb. 8:3). The classic memorial sacrifice was the annual Passover, in which the ancient Hebrews, which included the Jews, sacrificed lambs and then ate them: “This day shall be for you a memorial day, and you shall keep it as a feast to the Lord. . .” (Exod. 12:14).

It is not a mental event as you may think. Paul used the term anamnesis and in Greek culture, it was a term used to denote the movement of an abstract idea into this material world. The Corinthians lived in a Greek culture and it would have been natural for them to understand anamnesis as describing this transfer from the heavenly world to the material world. Now ask yourself: What must the cup and the bread be to make possible this participation in the blood and body of Christ? The most obvious and logical answer is that the bread and cup of wine must really be the body and blood of Christ. This is also why one must examine himself first because taking the body and blood of jesus christ unworthily will bring damnation to himself.
no, not logical at all. made up by the rcc and you believe the lie.

you know nothing of the rebirth experience. if you did then you'd know it's a spiritual remembrance of His sacrifice for us thru which we were able to experience the rebirth.

This is also why one must examine himself first because taking the body and blood of jesus christ unworthily will bring damnation to himself.
if it was what you claim, then every time you'd 'take' it catholics would be unworthy and bring damnation to themselves.

it was offered once according to scripture - and it was bloody.

the rcc faux unbloody sacrifice over and over is not according to scripture, but is made up by man.

who is your god/God? the God of scripture or the gods of the rcc?

ramcam2 said:
sorry to tell you that the christian church in corinth that paul founded is a catholic church, just like the church in antioch and other places outside jerusalem where the apostles went to evangelized. the universal ecclesiastic jurisdiction of all catholic churches around the world is the church in rome with the pope as the head.
i'm not sorry to tell you the truth - there was no catholic church there anywhere.

nor can you post any verse of one of your catholic teachings taught by Paul or any of the other apostles? the rcc doesn't teach from Paul, reading a verse is not teaching it.

His church is nothing like the rcc. you know nothing of the church in corinth or what Paul taught. if you did you'd know the gospel, know that water baptism saves no one and that Peter wasn't 'pope' over Paul, Timothy etc.

can you post even 1 of the mysteries that Paul revealed? or how he came to know that mystery?

how many of the books that he wrote have you read? a chapter in any of them?

can you post what Paul wrote about that is necessary for salvation?
when will you answer my questions?

Back