Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

Well He did, He suffered for our healing and died in our stated no matter how YOU look at it. Romans 5:9+
We also have to confess Him verbally as Lord and Messiah publicly and or to out congregation at some time also in Romans.
HELLO!!! WE ARE NOW IN THE NT SINCE HIS CONCEPTION AND BIRTH... Why quote passage intended to Israel alone and then use them to us Messianic believers ? Romans 10:9+
The Lord is God and vice versa.

John and Thomas believed that Jesus was/is God.
No, they did not.
John wrote this...
1 John 4:9
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
1 John 5:10
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

The Lord is God and vice versa.
Genesis 24:
18 And she said, Drink, my lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink.
Was Abraham's servant God?

1 Corinthians 8:5
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

we already know that, it says so, rightfully, in the Scriptures, but much better than that, He is also MY Lord and MY Savior!
Your Lord and Savior have a God.
2 Corinthians 1:3
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

No, they did not.
John wrote this...
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
John Chapter 1 states clearly Jesus was and is very God, and also a man!

No, they did not.
John wrote this...

Jesus, the Son of God, is God. The Father is God. The Spirit is God.

1 John 5:
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

1 John 3:23-24
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave [a]us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

John 15:7
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Romans 8:9 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. (Trinity)

I agree !!!

But to clarify what we each mean by that statement...

Can you provide ONE definition for the word “God” so both statements are true?

1) Jesus is the Son of God.
2) Jesus is the incarnation of God.

Yes, if “God” is defined as “______________”. Etc.

I can. I define “God” as “the one who transcends creation”.

In other words, I believe...

1) Jesus is the Son of the one who transcends creation.
2) Jesus is the incarnation of the one who transcends creation.

1 John 5:
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

That is false John 17:3 "This is eternal life that they might know you, (Father) The Only True God and Jesus Christ who you have sent".

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever would believe in him, should not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:26 "For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has given to the Son to have life in himself also".

John 6:57 "For just as The Living Father has sent me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats of me (received my body and blood sacrifice for their sins) will live because of me

Therefore the Father is The Only True God and the Father within the Son is our eternal life and which is exactly what 1 John 5:20 is revealing and not that the Father and the Son are the true God like trins and ones falsely believe.

You cannot contradict what Jesus said in John 17:3 with 1 John 5:20, for if they are interpreted correctly then harmonize with each other and there is no way they harmonize the way you are interpreting them.
1 John 3:23-24
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave [a]us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

And just where do you see the Son being revealed as Yahweh God in the above?
John 15:7
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

Again, where do you see the above as revealing Jesus to be Yahweh God?

Also, God's word has to abide in you in Spirit and truth and not adulterated like what you do with it.

Furthermore, the Devil offered Jesus all of the kingdoms of this world and the riches to go along with them if he would worship him and he is still doing this today under the ploy of his being the True God and his true Christ when really it is the Devil and his spirit of antichrist that your churches have substituted for the true God and Christ of the Bible.

Therefore the Devil counterfeits the blessings of God also and in order to deceive those who have been taken captive to him listening to his lies concerning the scriptures instead of listening to God regarding the scriptures like they should be.
John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Sorry but when the word "gimomai" is used in John 1:14 "and the word became "ginomai" flesh", it means that what was God and remained God in God's nature was then made flesh and flesh as how the Bible reveals what flesh is and there is no such thing as flesh that is also God.

1 John 4:1-3

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

By the way, the name Jesus Christ does equal the word "God" and therefore John is speaking of the anointed one and human Savior Jesus Christ and that we must believe that he is in the flesh and flesh as the Bible defines flesh and there is no such thing as God/flesh in the scriptures.

Romans 1:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible (that which cannot die) God into an image made like to corruptible (that which can die) man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.

Romans 8:9 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. (Trinity)
The words "Spirit of Christ" do not refer to the spirit that belonged to Jesus' nature or essence or substance but rather the Holy Spirit by which he was anointed and made the Christ.

Here is proof of that fact from John 16:13-15, for Jesus sends the Holy Spirit in place of himself and to speak to his sheep on his behalf and therefore the only way by which Jesus comes to us is through his connection and ours to the Holy Spirit.

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.

For if he was dwelling in us in the completely personal way that trins and oneness falsely believe him to be, then why would he have said what he did in the above passage?

For he tells us that the Spirit would be sent to speak his words unto us for him because he is sitting at the right hand of God in the heavens and he is not omnipresent while the Holy Spirit who anointed him to be everything that he is, is omnipresent and therefore Jesus is communicated unto us by the Holy Spirit in his place.

Last edited:
I agree !!!

But to clarify what we each mean by that statement...

Yes, if “God” is defined as “______________”. Etc.

I can. I define “God” as “the one who transcends creation”.

In other words, I believe...

1) Jesus is the Son of the one who transcends creation.
2) Jesus is the incarnation of the one who transcends creation.

In the working world, it would be like the office of a manager. The plural would be in management.

That is false John 17:3 "This is eternal life that they might know you, (Father) The Only True God and Jesus Christ who you have sent".

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever would believe in him, should not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:26 "For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has given to the Son to have life in himself also".

John 6:57 "For just as The Living Father has sent me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats of me (received my body and blood sacrifice for their sins) will live because of me

Therefore the Father is The Only True God and the Father within the Son is our eternal life and which is exactly what 1 John 5:20 is revealing and not that the Father and the Son are the true God like trins and ones falsely believe.

You cannot contradict what Jesus said in John 17:3 with 1 John 5:20, for if they are interpreted correctly then harmonize with each other and there is no way they harmonize the way you are interpreting them.

And just where do you see the Son being revealed as Yahweh God in the above?

Again, where do you see the above as revealing Jesus to be Yahweh God?

Also, God's word has to abide in you in Spirit and truth and not adulterated like what you do with it.

Furthermore, the Devil offered Jesus all of the kingdoms of this world and the riches to go along with them if he would worship him and he is still doing this today under the ploy of his being the True God and his true Christ when really it is the Devil and his spirit of antichrist that your churches have substituted for the true God and Christ of the Bible.

Therefore the Devil counterfeits the blessings of God also and in order to deceive those who have been taken captive to him listening to his lies concerning the scriptures instead of listening to God regarding the scriptures like they should be.

Sorry but when the word "gimomai" is used in John 1:14 "and the word became "ginomai" flesh", it means that what was God and remained God in God's nature was then made flesh and flesh as how the Bible reveals what flesh is and there is no such thing as flesh that is also God.

1 John 4:1-3

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

By the way, the name Jesus Christ does equal the word "God" and therefore John is speaking of the anointed one and human Savior Jesus Christ and that we must believe that he is in the flesh and flesh as the Bible defines flesh and there is no such thing as God/flesh in the scriptures.

Romans 1:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible (that which cannot die) God into an image made like to corruptible (that which can die) man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.

The words "Spirit of Christ" do not refer to the spirit that belonged to Jesus' nature or essence or substance but rather the Holy Spirit by which he was anointed and made the Christ.

Here is proof of that fact from John 16:13-15, for Jesus sends the Holy Spirit in place of himself and to speak to his sheep on his behalf and therefore the only way by which Jesus comes to us is through his connection and ours to the Holy Spirit.

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.

For if he was dwelling in us in the completely personal way that trins and oneness falsely believe him to be, then why would he have said what he did in the above passage?

For he tells us that the Spirit would be sent to speak his words unto us for him because he is sitting at the right hand of God in the heavens and he is not omnipresent while the Holy Spirit who anointed him to be everything that he is, is omnipresent and therefore Jesus is communicated unto us by the Holy Spirit in his place.
Titus 2:
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

In the working world, it would be like the office of a manager. The plural would be in management.

Ok......... but my question was..........

Titus 2:
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.
First the verse should be translated like this "Looking for that blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

And the words "the glory of our great God and savior" is the title that Paul is giving to Jesus Christ and not "our great God and Savior" like trins like to twist his words to be meaning.

This agrees perfectly with what Paul called Jesus in Colossians 1:15 also "who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation".

For God's glory is manifested unto us only through Jesus Christ his human Son and heir.

The same happens in 2 Peter 1:1 "the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ". because it is through Jesus Christ that God's righteousness was revealed unto us.

Doesn't it trouble you at all that although Paul wrote volumes on the Jewish error concerning their idea that they could be made righteous by the law of Moses and also about the resurrection of the dead, he never gave any specific teaching about a trinity or that Jesus was also God?

Doesn't it bother you in the slightest that if the Jews really killed Jesus because he was calling himself God and they really believed this, why we don't see any of the believers in the book of acts preaching this or being persecuted for preaching it?

It should if it doesn't.

Genesis 24:
18 And she said, Drink, my lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink.
Was Abraham's servant God?

1 Corinthians 8:5
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
Pagan lords and the lord of one house do NOT qualify as The Lord of ALL.

Creator and Sustainer of ALL things.

So you believe...

1) Jesus is the Son of the Creator and Sustainer of ALL things.
2) Jesus is the incarnation of the Creator and Sustainer of ALL things.

So is the Creator and Sustainer of ALL things a Person?

Since you say Jesus is the Son of the Creator and Sustainer of all things.

John Chapter 1 states clearly Jesus was and is very God, and also a man!
No, it does not...you are inferring that it does... Jesus said he has a God. Jesus said he is the son of God. If Jesus was to be God then claim to be the son of God, that would make him a liar.

So you believe...

1) Jesus is the Son of the Creator and Sustainer of ALL things.
2) Jesus is the incarnation of the Creator and Sustainer of ALL things.

So is the Creator and Sustainer of ALL things a Person?

Since you say Jesus is the Son of the Creator and Sustainer of all things.
The Creator and Sustainer of ALL things is God, A BEING.

Back